Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.041
2nd:-- 2.014
3rd:-- 1.454
4th:-- 1.146
5th:-- 0.950
6th:-- 0.813
Final: 3.350
Max Speed: 242 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/5
Accel:-- 0/20
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.5/8.0
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/3
Camber:----- 3.0/2.7
Toe:-------- –0.15/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is Deathscythe. Deathscythe doesn’t care about you. Deathscythe doesn’t care about your problems. Deathscythe doesn’t care about your health. All Deathscythe cares about is slaughtering everything, including you.

Last edited:
+Camaro Deathscythe+
The Camaro SS RM is a Modern America Muscle Car, which means it carries a some difficulty under it's hood, which has these characteristics: It is heavy and has oversteer and can spin out under acceleration at times, but the car's engineering supplies great power and good grip with a great, unmistakeable look. These facts are the exact opposite of this car. It is lightweight feeling, unlike it's Corvette Cousins. The tuning, when compared to stock, gives it more control in the corner and a longer transmission setting gives it great power when on a long straight away, but one thing made me say "What the ****!?!" and that was the tires of "Sport: Soft." I just stared at it asking myself if I am reading it right, and I was. These seemed as if they would hinder it's speed and lap time, so I went to breaking down the car and testing.

Breaking Down The Car:
The SS's stats are as followed:
Power: 705HP/6400RPM
Weight: 1210KG
Torque: 637ft-lb/5400RPM
Displacement: 6162
Power-To-Weight: 0.5826446281

Telling by this, you can tell the car is apparently a little sluggish and weighed down, but that is a lie. It is really light on turning and fast overall.

Testing:
In the testing, I decided to do a time trial against the car's stock version. There are quite the differences in the cars. I will break that down here. It will also include the times.

20gi4gw.png

As you can see, the tuned version has 240 top speed over 180, giving it a 60MHP advantage, but the soft sports... they are kinda of a killer. Now, as you look at the racing times, those are 100% correct. The Sport: Soft tires slow the car down. In fact, I double tested the car twice. Once with the recommended tires and once with Racing: Soft. The racing soft tires more then cleared the stock tuning's times by 5 seconds each and also destroying the soft tire's times like they were nothing. The set up is great on Sport: Soft tires or less, but against racing tires, this car will get blown away. I decided to take it into a race to prove this.

INCOMING!
I took this car into a single event, but raced twice. It was the American Championship's Laguna Seca. The first race had me finish in 3rd place while using sport tires. It was very frustrating for me that race since I got beat by the GT LM Race Car and GT LM Race Car Spec II, but once I put on Racing: Soft, it was an easy 1st Place. I also raced this in the Polyphony Digital Cup on Grand Vally Speedway and I won on Sport: Soft, no problems. That is showing how the tires can effect the ability of racing against Group C, but it can hold it's own for a bit on sports, but on racing it can most likly take the cake.

The Downsides.
This tuning has only one downside to me. It was the tires. They really bummed me when I saw my stock beat them, but on the same tire level, it was blown out. I could reach every gear perfectly and it was very easy to use it around corners. Unfortunately, it can't really hang with the Group C cars, but it can with racing soft tires.

So, is the tuning good?
The Camaro Deathscythe is a good car. It's the Muhammad Ali of racing when turning, but the tires are something else to be talked of. Would I use this set up? Sure, but I will improvise and put on Racing Soft tires unless the event had a Sports: Soft limit, then I would still win. It's is an underused car and it needs to be used more, but since the tires are jsut so much of a bummer, I have to give it a 3/5. Decent job, but how would the Camaro Z28 RM fair against it?

Last edited:
+Camaro Deathscythe+

Thanks for the review and the neat table! (Now I have a neat table too, RJ! Mwahaha! :P)

Deathscythe was pretty much made to push sports tyre tuning to it's maximum potential and it seems to have done just that, hanging with the racing cars like it's part of the crew, only for them to find out it's got the same tyres as a road car. Once you put racing rubber on it, it will of course become miles faster, but then I think sports tyres have a certain appeal to them when it comes to tuning. If you can get it right on sports tyres, you'll feel more satisfied than if you just went straight for the sticky stuff.

As for the Z28 RM, I think it would need racing tyres to keep up with the SS RM on sports tyres, but on equal grounds the SS will always take the win. It's just how it works with age gaps like that.

Of course it would be easier to just slap on the great tires, and when I did go back and re-do the test with sport soft, the tuned did win. You did secretly make a car great with racing soft. Great hidden bonus.

Thanks for the review and the neat table! (Now I have a neat table too, RJ! Mwahaha! :P)

Deathscythe was pretty much made to push sports tyre tuning to it's maximum potential and it seems to have done just that, hanging with the racing cars like it's part of the crew, only for them to find out it's got the same tyres as a road car. Once you put racing rubber on it, it will of course become miles faster, but then I think sports tyres have a certain appeal to them when it comes to tuning. If you can get it right on sports tyres, you'll feel more satisfied than if you just went straight for the sticky stuff.

As for the Z28 RM, I think it would need racing tyres to keep up with the SS RM on sports tyres, but on equal grounds the SS will always take the win. It's just how it works with age gaps like that.
As far as the tires it goes the same with driving for me. I'm a lot more satisfied putting down a good lap on sports softs than I would on race softs. It just takes a lot more skill and concentration to drive on sports softs and it's a more fun experience. Actually I like that challenge so much that lately I've just been taking bone stock cars out that are usually on sports hards. They're really great and fun drives.

Yayyyy, new tune!!! Does this mean you're motivation is back or did I just nag you far too much so you released it to shut me up?

As far as the tires it goes the same with driving for me. I'm a lot more satisfied putting down a good lap on sports softs than I would on race softs. It just takes a lot more skill and concentration to drive on sports softs and it's a more fun experience. Actually I like that challenge so much that lately I've just been taking bone stock cars out that are usually on sports hards. They're really great and fun drives.
Totally agreed. I dont usually drive bone stock, but I do a few budget builds for fun. :D
Of course it would be easier to just slap on the great tires, and when I did go back and re-do the test with sport soft, the tuned did win. You did secretly make a car great with racing soft. Great hidden bonus.
Crouching Camaro, hidden bonus! No? I'll get my coat. :dopey:
Yayyyy, new tune!!! Does this mean you're motivation is back or did I just nag you far too much so you released it to shut me up?
Neither. :lol: I've finished all my assignments so I figured I'd play some GT5 without worrying about college. I ended up playing with a Camaro RM I did as a request a while back and made a few tweaks to get it doing 1:23 around Trial Mountain, then thought, "Onboy is sleeping, post tune!" :P

Oh hahaha very funny Roj -.- You picked the last day of my 3 week easter break to release a new tune…God your timing's awful sometimes. Well, at least there's someething new.

Oh hahaha very funny Roj -.- You picked the last day of my 3 week easter break to release a new tune…God your timing's awful sometimes. Well, at least there's someething new.

I think this'll be my new game. Wait for you to sleep before releasing tunes. :lol:

Both are great, I reckon you'll never want to stop driving after you try the NSX and rx-7, but quick question, how do you get so much money to buy the Killer Whale?

Edit: Roj, isn't that what you always do?
Step one-
Wait till Onboy signs off or stops posting for a long period of time
Step two-
Get going on the tunes
Step three-
Post tune and get reviews on it
Step four-
take the piss out of Onboy for missing out on the release of tune when he is still rolling about in his bed

Both are great, I reckon you'll never want to stop driving after you try the NSX and rx-7, but quick question, how do you get so much money to buy the Killer Whale?

Edit: Roj, isn't that what you always do?
Step one-
Wait till Onboy signs off or stops posting for a long period of time
Step two-
Get going on the tunes
Step three-
Post tune and get reviews on it
Step four-
take the piss out of Onboy for missing out on the release of tune when he is still rolling about in his bed
Not intentionally. :lol:

I usually release stuff in the evening anyway, which is early morning for you. :)

I was doing a 4 hour event and I say you had a new one and I said "MUST REVIEW!" SO I did. The "906 Killer Whale" is 4m.

Oh yes, 908. I just bought the 906, so I'm stuck saying that. Anyway. the Killer Whale or the Annihilator at full tune. Hard choice.

Oh yes, 908. I just bought the 906, so I'm stuck saying that. Anyway. the Killer Whale or the Annihilator at full tune. Hard choice.

When did they add the 906? :P I was speaking from GT Legends experience.

Annihilator is probably more "useful", Killer Whale is awesome for how blindingly quick it is.

Okay... I have no excuse for that, but I mean I got the 905. Yea, I have NO excuse for that what-so-ever.

Also, as an little extra info. I am trying to start a German Touring Car Championship in GT5, but I need to find a way to perfectly balance this. Fun Fun :D

Okay... I have no excuse for that, but I mean I got the 905. Yea, I have NO excuse for that what-so-ever.

Also, as an little extra info. I am trying to start a German Touring Car Championship in GT5, but I need to find a way to perfectly balance this. Fun Fun :D

Get the Annihilator and drive it like you stole it from RJ, just like what I did. :P

Naw....................... That would be crule. I'll just take the tuning and give it my own name since it is fully tuned :D

Camaro ‘Deathsycthe’ review:

Before
Well, it’s a muscle car, it may be RM’ed, but it’s still a muscle car. Which means big oversteer, loud thunderous barking V8, cheap, and really, a bit crap. Well, not this one. For a start, when it costs damn near 150,000 cr to buy and RM, it isn’t the cheap and cheerful doorway to huge horsepower a muscle car should be. The V8 roar isn’t around and is replaced by something that sounds like a chainsaw, the ridiculous sideways cornering isn’t really around until you go a bit crazy and floor it at the wrong time while cornering and for once, it’s actually not bad at all. It can actually take a corner at more than 10mph on something other than racing tires without smoking it’s rears and throwing you off. This is amazing, it’s the first muscle car I’ve driven that can corner without crashing before its had any tuning done to it. But because it’s on sports softs, it’s flaws do show through. It’s very tricky to manage in corners, it eats it tires if you try to correct understeer or get through corners with any speed at all, it feels rather loose and the laptimes aren’t exactly mind blowing either. Its fastest lap is 1:13.325, a rather poor one for a car with nearly 700hp and wearing a 300,000+cr RM badge.

After:
****! ****! ****! I now understand why this is called ‘Deathsycthe‘, although a hammer best describes this car. It takes ‘edginess‘ to a next level. It absolutely does not allow you to take liberties with it, when it slides, any brutish behaviour will result in a snap direction change with equal brutality. Those three times I swore were on each retry, and each retry I either span and smashed one of the invisible walls of the test track or got the lap invalidated as a result of aggressive and excessive corrections when it started sliding. Or both, in the case of the first run. It’s so tricky to drive, but so rewarding when you get it right. And when you do, well, it blows everything away. 1:08.942 it did. 5 seconds faster. and it wasn’t a fluke either, I did another lap with a 1:08.630. This car has two sides to its character. If you treat it like a muscle car, then it’ll respond like a muscle car with huge oversteer, and a big crash afterwards. Treat it like a race car though, and it’ll respond and reward you with the joy of a perfectly balanced chassis and a jaw-dropping lap. You know, I had high expectations for this, and this had easily surpassed it. I thought it would be a representation of what happens when you feed RJ’s Camaro with some steroids, but it’s much better than that. It’s a knife edge, a huge laugh and can easily teach a few supercars a thing or two about speed. And with the light fading on the Top Gear Test Track, I’ll wrap it up here and now by saying this. In my extended Easter break, I’ve tested all the new tunes from RKM. It ranged from a heavyweight GT shootout to a battle of the hot hatches (although a rather pathetic one when compared to racer39658’s, yes I did have to look for his name it’s so damn long), from settling a score with the NSX and RX-7 to driving a moment of RKM madness and boredom (That’ll be the hateful pile of ****ing **** know as the Pruis). And I think I can easily say that the phrase ‘saving the best till last‘ certainly applies here, because this is easily the fastest, the most exciting and the best car tuned by RKM in these weeks. And I would just like to say sorry to Roj for being such a constant pain in the neck, nagging him to stamp out more tunes. But this car was easily worth the wait. Keep up the good work.

Laptimes: (tested on TGTT)
1:13.325 (before)
1:08.630 (after)

Camaro ‘Deathsycthe’ review:

Laptimes: (tested on TGTT)
1:13.325 (before)
1:08.630 (after)

Thanks for reviewing the Camaro. :D I told you, Deathscythe doesn't care about your health. If you screw up, you dead, son. :lol: It is easily our fastest sports tyre tune and if you slap racing tyres on it, I think it would give give the race cars some good competition.

Best until last? Naw, we're a long way aways from the last tune. ;)

And 'pology accepted bud. :P

I can't wait to try out the deathscythe. RJ's evo X will get a review soon aswell. In other news I saw a matte orange R35 today IRL. (sorry had to share that :D )

Deathscythe?! Oh hell...now I have to get back to driving instead of punting Bob around the track. Admit it, you were peeping at my email address weren't you? Weren't you?!

I kid, I kid! :sly: At least the break was nice. :dopey:

I can't wait to try out the deathscythe. RJ's evo X will get a review soon aswell. In other news I saw a matte orange R35 today IRL. (sorry had to share that :D )
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure your eyes will get over it with time though.
Deathscythe?! Oh hell...now I have to get back to driving instead of punting Bob around the track. Admit it, you were peeping at my email address weren't you? Weren't you?!

I kid, I kid! :sly: At least the break was nice. :dopey:
I don't even know your e-mail address. :lol:

Deathscythe was named after my favourite Gundam in Gundamn Wing. :D

gundam-wing-deathscythe.jpg

I figured the black and gold matched. :P

Hey guys. Just tried out the F430 setup, and great work on making that car so easy to drive!! I do have one question though: Why is the transmission top speed set so low at 124mph? I tried the car around grand vally speedway and the car spends a good chunk.of the lap bouncing off the rev limiter.

Hey guys. Just tried out the F430 setup, and great work on making that car so easy to drive!! I do have one question though: Why is the transmission top speed set so low at 124mph? I tried the car around grand vally speedway and the car spends a good chunk.of the lap bouncing off the rev limiter.

Did you see the part where it says "4.300/2.500?" That means you have the final gear at 4.300, then after you turn to max speed, you put it's final gear to 2.500. That should help you a lot. I found that out when I was doing the Corvette C6 Z06/R Review :D

Did you see the part where it says "4.300/2.500?" That means you have the final gear at 4.300, then after you turn to max speed, you put it's final gear to 2.500. That should help you a lot. I found that out when I was doing the Corvette C6 Z06/R Review :D

Ah i think i must have gone wrong somewhere, i'm quite new to tuning especially gears. Whats the right way to set it?

Back