RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Wow guys what can I say! Your tunes are superb, I've spent the last couple of days applying these tunes to cars and putting them to the test and every one of them I've liked, they suit my punchy driving style perfectly :)

My favourite one by a long shot is the Integra Type R turbo. The handling is so precise its unbelievable. I've yet to miss an apex with this car! I love it.

Another one high up there with my favourites is the GranTurismo S, I always had a disliking to this car, it felt heavy, slow and clumsy, and by god has your tune transformed this car. I just can't get enough of it now!

And as for the C4 VTS, this was the biggest shock of them all! Never did I think this car could drive so well. It gave me a big grin when I was grinding the super car seasonals and I was overtaking the Super cars in My ****roen :D

Smashing tunes guys, keep up the good work.

Big thanks from Jamie :)
Thank you! :D This is why I like tuning the oddballs, it's a much better feeling when you win races in something that originally would've been blown into the weeds. 👍
O...M...Jesus. I just blew 400,000cr on building my own Camaro Deathscythe, and I think I may have made a mess of myself. The handling is astonishing, I used this to run the Supercar Seasonal Eifel track, and I can't fault it. I passed the lead car, the R390 GT1 by half way round the second lap, and it took three laps of booting it out of every corner, full lock, to slide the back out. And that took some handbrake to do! The car is planted, even with my driving runs sub-1:06 laps on Eifel. Fantastic tune there guys!

Yeah, it really smacks the American Muscle stereotype in the face. It turns better than most Asian and European cars now. :lol:

Yeah, it really smacks the American Muscle stereotype in the face. It turns better than most Asian and European cars now. :lol:

It's a complete beast...thinking of naming mine the 'Silent but Violent,' all I can hear is the gearbox :D what happened to the V8 exhaust noise?

It's a complete beast...thinking of naming mine the 'Silent but Violent,' all I can hear is the gearbox :D what happened to the V8 exhaust noise?

The racing modification adds a racing exhaust, which sounds like crap. :yuck:

Hey RKM. For the past few weeks i've been going through this site with a fine tooth combe and i gotta hand it to ya.... You boys know your stuff and extremely generous with it. I take my hat off to you guys. Now i'm very far from a kiss ass but i always appreciate something awesome when i see it and u guys at RKM are true legends. I thought i could a tune a car pretty well and id beat most of my online fellows but combining your tunes with a little bit of my sugar n spice im well up there n never finish off the podium. So.... a MAHOOSIVE THANKYOU to you legends. i'd love to have a few descusions with any of u guys about tuning, especially online racing setups. So if u fancy it drop me a shout n lets help eachother. RKM's the only tuning garage i've turned to thanks to your "in depth" tuning guides. Excuse my french but u dudes certainly know your ****! i'm no 1 lap wonder, i know all about consistency ;)
Keep up the sweet sweet work chaps.
SNOMUNKY.

hey.. you're doing a truely awesome job here.. i've just spent god knows how many hours reading thru it all.. and now i kinda felt like i had to drop a line here..

have you considered setting up a "real" RKM Motorsport website instead of just this thread?

.. i hope the PS3 will be fixed/replaced soon.. naturally i'd also like to know if there's any new tunes in the pipeline, although i suspect there won't be because one guy has a dead console and the other is on vacation.. the lucky bastard :P..

i'll be keeping my eye on this place, and hopefully trying out some, if not all of your tunes when my i actually manage to get some money :P

Hey RKM. For the past few weeks i've been going through this site with a fine tooth combe and i gotta hand it to ya.... You boys know your stuff and extremely generous with it. I take my hat off to you guys. Now i'm very far from a kiss ass but i always appreciate something awesome when i see it and u guys at RKM are true legends. I thought i could a tune a car pretty well and id beat most of my online fellows but combining your tunes with a little bit of my sugar n spice im well up there n never finish off the podium. So.... a MAHOOSIVE THANKYOU to you legends. i'd love to have a few descusions with any of u guys about tuning, especially online racing setups. So if u fancy it drop me a shout n lets help eachother. RKM's the only tuning garage i've turned to thanks to your "in depth" tuning guides. Excuse my french but u dudes certainly know your ****! i'm no 1 lap wonder, i know all about consistency ;)
Keep up the sweet sweet work chaps.
SNOMUNKY.
Thank for you the legend status! :D Glad you're finding our tunes useful! I think a chit-chat would be good, provided RJ is awake the same time I am. :lol: He's lazier than me as you can tell. :sly:

I'm just slow, hence why I tune to make up for it. :lol:

We intend to keep going until either GT5 loses it's appeal or GT6 comes, so yeah, we'll keep it up. 👍
hey.. you're doing a truely awesome job here.. i've just spent god knows how many hours reading thru it all.. and now i kinda felt like i had to drop a line here..

have you considered setting up a "real" RKM Motorsport website instead of just this thread?

.. i hope the PS3 will be fixed/replaced soon.. naturally i'd also like to know if there's any new tunes in the pipeline, although i suspect there won't be because one guy has a dead console and the other is on vacation.. the lucky bastard :P..

i'll be keeping my eye on this place, and hopefully trying out some, if not all of your tunes when my i actually manage to get some money :P

You read through the entire thread? You deserve a medal of some sort! :lol:

We've not considered it, although if we get to the point where we've got too many tunes for a forum post to handle, then we would consider it. Only problem is, we'd need free web hosting. :lol:

There are new tunes, we just dont know what they are yet. :lol: And yeah, aint I just? :sly:

Lucky I've tuned so many cheap cars then! :lol:

meh.. i think tuning in general is expensive as ****... weight and engine upgrades at level 3 alone is worth a good bit above 100k..

oh yeah.. regarding the subject of money.. i tuned the Z06LM and did the American Championship Indy Grind thing.. and never went into 6th gear.. that seems rather.. inefficient.. .. it made me rather curious.. is it done for a reason, or does it work properly and am i just a retard who can't drive? :P

meh.. i think tuning in general is expensive as ****... weight and engine upgrades at level 3 alone is worth a good bit above 100k..

oh yeah.. regarding the subject of money.. i tuned the Z06LM and did the American Championship Indy Grind thing.. and never went into 6th gear.. that seems rather.. inefficient.. .. it made me rather curious.. is it done for a reason, or does it work properly and am i just a retard who can't drive? :P

True that, but money should be easy to come by with the new seasonals. :)

RJ will need to answer that, it's his car afterall. I can only guess that the Z06 is fast enough with a 5-speed and then you've got 6th for drafting or SSR7 runs?

Are the RKM guys ready to release the HKS Evo? Mine in getting lonely, I'm sure more people will get in when more Tunes are posted. Stop by the Shootout for some Hot Lappin.

RKM Motorsport’s CT230RR

CT230RR.jpg

CT230RR_Big.jpg

Based on: HKS CT230R '08
Obtained: Brand new from HKS

Drivetrain: AWD
Horsepower: 618 BHP (@ 2,456.6 miles)
Torque:---- 73 kgfm
Weight:---- 1068 kg
PP:-------- 613

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Titanum Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.
1st:-- 4.000
2nd:-- 2.586
3rd:-- 1.954
4th:-- 1.571
5th:-- 1.344
Final: 4.140/2.500
Max Speed: 112 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 25/16
Accel:-- 58/54
Braking: 18/5
Torque Bias: 50/50

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -5/-15
Spring Rate: 15.8/13.5
Extension:-- 9/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/7
Camber:----- 3.2/2.8
Toe:-------- -0.15/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Well here she is. Downforce setup makes it a bit lairy but it's actually fairly difficult to spin, just very oversteery.

Last edited:
That's an extremely odd looking setup you've got there RJ...
Forgive my ignorance, but does this car not use/have the Torque Split?

RKM Motorsport’s CT230RR

CT230RR.jpg

CT230RR_Big.jpg

Based on: HKS CT230R '08
Obtained: Brand new from HKS

Drivetrain: AWD
Horsepower: 618 BHP (@ 2,456.6 miles)
Torque:---- 73 kgfm
Weight:---- 1068 kg
PP:-------- 613

Is the height on the rear suspension supposed to be 15 or -15?? I can only set mine to 10.

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Titanum Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.
1st:-- 4.000
2nd:-- 2.586
3rd:-- 1.954
4th:-- 1.571
5th:-- 1.344
Final: 4.140/2.500
Max Speed: 112 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 25/16
Accel:-- 58/54
Braking: 18/5
Torque Bias: 50/50

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -5/15
Spring Rate: 15.8/13.5
Extension:-- 9/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/7
Camber:----- 3.2/2.8
Toe:-------- -0.15/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Well here she is. Downforce setup makes it a bit lairy but it's actually fairly difficult to spin, just very oversteery.

Is the rear ride height supposed to be 15 or -15?? I can only set mine between 10 and -15

Lol, sorry, a humorous voice is just one of the things which don't transfer well in text... And RJ is a bit of both, all the time.

It's not that the set up is crazy, it's that it seems to contradict itself, which is what I felt was odd. It's not as contradictory now that the ride height has been corrected, but I agree with slump, the Sways, LSD, Downforce and springs aren't what I've come to expect from RKM. Having said that, it still looks to be the most promising of the lot thus far. I finished 3/4 so far, about to do RKM's now.

It's not that the set up is crazy, it's that it seems to contradict itself, which is what I felt was odd. It's not as contradictory now that the ride height has been corrected, but I agree with slump, the Sways, LSD, Downforce and springs aren't what I've come to expect from RKM. Having said that, it still looks to be the most promising of the lot thus far. I finished 3/4 so far, about to do RKM's now.

Sways are exactly as usual for FWD or AWD, springs are more in line with my usual race cars, downforce is because iMad, bro, and the LSD/center diff is not far dissimilar from my TCC Impreza.

i tried the zo6 setup on my zr1 rm.(wow!) normally, when i tune a car for racing i just buy racing soft tires and just expect a little understeer. not the case here,as the car actually turned in in a very crisp manner and handled very neutral. when i drove it (on grand valley) it havdled marvelously but was tricky exiting the 2nd gear turns(888 hp) so i extended 1st,2nd, and 3rd gears a little(don't remember what to) and that made the car PERFECT! the slow turns were now easy with a little throttle control (i use DS3), and on the endurance race, the tires would last roughly 12 laps and i was consistently turning 1:45s. GREAT WORK... that aside, i was wondering if you guys might be able to help me with a tune for the '70 challenger rm, max hp, racing soft tires. due to the network being down, i haven't been able to create an account so i can't send my car to you, but i was hoping you could help... im having difficulty winning a race with it because it doesn't corner very well (understeer)

i tried the zo6 setup on my zr1 rm.(wow!) normally, when i tune a car for racing i just buy racing soft tires and just expect a little understeer. not the case here,as the car actually turned in in a very crisp manner and handled very neutral. when i drove it (on grand valley) it havdled marvelously but was tricky exiting the 2nd gear turns(888 hp) so i extended 1st,2nd, and 3rd gears a little(don't remember what to) and that made the car PERFECT! the slow turns were now easy with a little throttle control (i use DS3), and on the endurance race, the tires would last roughly 12 laps and i was consistently turning 1:45s. GREAT WORK... that aside, i was wondering if you guys might be able to help me with a tune for the '70 challenger rm, max hp, racing soft tires. due to the network being down, i haven't been able to create an account so i can't send my car to you, but i was hoping you could help... im having difficulty winning a race with it because it doesn't corner very well (understeer)

Thank you! To tell you the truth, my own Challenger RM uses MFT's settings. I strongly suggest you try it too. :)👍

Not really the most conventional place to put it, but I'd just like to say I've made another review of Juliet. ;)

Very nice! I'll have to keep an eye on that thread, maybe you'll review something that catches my eye for tuning. :P

And thanks for reviewing Juliet. She's a stunner aint she? :D

OI Roj!!! Refund!! I gave you 4 times the normal payment last night and expected 4 more b-spec races, just to find out you haven't done 1!!!!!! -.- :( 🤬

Back