RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I've been convinced to release one last tune before I take a little tuning break whilst waiting for Spec II to come. So that'll be arriving later this evening. 👍

Also I urge anyone with a tuning request to hold onto it until after Spec II. It's unknown whether Spec II is going to changes anything regarding tuning so I'd rather be safe than sorry and avoid any cars being returned because the Spec I settings don't work with Spec II. Thanks!

whats spec II?

A big update coming later this month. If it's anything like the GT5P Spec II update, we should see new cars, tracks, features and maybe some changes to current content. The changes part is the reason why I'm not releasing anymore tunes after tonight. I don't want more cars to redo than I already have up on the first post.

Spec II discussion thread here.

RKM Motorsport’s Big Yellow Penetrator

BigYellowPenetrator.jpg

BigYellowPenetrator_Big.jpg

Images by Dragonthing

Based on: Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) ‘98
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 689 BHP (@ 38,840.2 miles)
Torque:---- 81 kgfm
Weight:---- 1359 kg
PP:-------- 584

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.497
2nd:-- 2.362
3rd:-- 1.818
4th:-- 1.472
5th:-- 1.223
6th:-- 1.043
Final: 2.500
Max Speed: 155 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 15/5
Accel:-- 35/25
Braking: 9/9

Drivetrain
Torque Distribution: 35/65

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.2/4.0
Extension:-- 8/7
Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll:-- 3/7
Camber:----- 2.4/2.1
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/8

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Dragonthing wanted us to work our magic with her 3000GT.

The 3000GT used to be one of the top dogs of the GT world, fighting with the Skyline’s and Supra’s, but in recent games it seems to have been toned down and turned into a bit of a boat. It’s kind of sad that the 3000GT is actually no faster than an Evo now.

We decided to fix that problem with our tune. The suspension and LSD keep understeer at bay and the transmission lets the motor use it’s power much more effectively. This 3000GT now goes, stops and handles much more like it should’ve done in the first place. Infact it’s so fast now, you’ll find yourself taking corners at speeds that’ll embarrass many sports cars. The only thing we couldn’t do anything about was the weight, but it does mean you can shunt people off the track much easier.

It’s big, it’s yellow and it’ll drive straight through the car in front without feeling a thing. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Big Yellow Penetrator.

Last edited:
Looks like a challenger to my GTFO has approached. Now, I demand a race in it on the Dream Car Championship at Monza :lol: Preferably in the dry. With an XJR9 in the field :P

Little mistake in Torque Dist?

raVer

Nope. It has a special RKM part that takes the car's normal torque and adds another 20% to it. So making 120% total! 👍

Just kidding, thanks for noticing. Fixing now. :P

Since it's my car, yes, 35/65 is the correct setting :D Roj must have been distracted...

And who's fault is that eh?

Not really in the mood for a review, but I definitely want to say the Corvette ZO6/R tune kicks some serious ass when.it isn't being spun off the road by arrogant, s**t-talking r-tards >_>

I found that, for my (currently 884bhp) car, changing the final drive up to 2.250 is perfect for most circuits, although you can draft to 260+ mph with it at 2.000. So 👍 for making a passionate pink Corvette racer all that more rage-inducing, to the point where SLS Stealth Editions ram you off the track in jealousy :D

Not really in the mood for a review, but I definitely want to say the Corvette ZO6/R tune kicks some serious ass when.it isn't being spun off the road by arrogant, s**t-talking r-tards >_>

I found that, for my (currently 884bhp) car, changing the final drive up to 2.250 is perfect for most circuits, although you can draft to 260+ mph with it at 2.000. So 👍 for making a passionate pink Corvette racer all that more rage-inducing, to the point where SLS Stealth Editions ram you off the track in jealousy :D

u mad?
troll2.gif

:D And 260?! I'm surprised the SLS could even see you!

Onboy123
u mad?

:D And 260?! I'm surprised the SLS could even see you!

If I had ever made it to the straight section after the turnaround he would have ragequit all by his sorry little lonesome...and nope, I'm not mad any more, I sent a lovely theraputic hatemail to him and I have hot chocolate too...with alcohol in :D

If I had ever made it to the straight section after the turnaround he would have ragequit all by his sorry little lonesome...and nope, I'm not mad any more, I sent a lovely theraputic hatemail to him and I have hot chocolate too...with alcohol in :D
Lol play our new game with him :mischievous: and what did you say ok that mail?

Onboy123
Lol play our new game with him :mischievous: and what did you say ok that mail?

In that mail are words that cannot be repeated for fear of permanemt banhammering...rest assured, I am the queen of insulting anyone who thinks I'm gonna let them cheat me out of a win :D

In that mail are words that cannot be repeated for fear of permanemt banhammering...rest assured, I am the queen of insulting anyone who thinks I'm gonna let them cheat me out of a win :D

:lol: you remind me of this girl I know, great fun to be around. Till you piss her off, then she becomes a lawyer and rips you apart verbally. :scared:

And FYI, I had a maxed out Merc C63 (pre RKM), did 267mph drafting an italia. What happened to the Fezza? Let's just say it didn't look so pretty afterwards.

Onboy123
:lol: you remind me of this girl I know, great fun to be around. Till you piss her off, then she becomes a lawyer and rips you apart verbally. :scared:

And FYI, I had a maxed out Merc C63 (pre RKM), did 267mph drafting an italia. What happened to the Fezza? Let's just say it didn't look so pretty afterwards.

Yes but nobody likes that overrated piece of crap 458 anyway :sly: good going on the sexy Merc though! :D

Yes but nobody likes that overrated piece of crap 458 anyway :sly: good going on the sexy Merc though! :D
Lol the Merc wasn't sexy. I made it look as understated as I could, everything looked stock. I even left the carbon bonnet off to avoid having the little pop ups being there. I know it scared a lot of corvettes on SSR7.

Onboy123
Lol the Merc wasn't sexy. I made it look as understated as I could, everything looked stock. I even left the carbon bonnet off to avoid having the little pop ups being there. I know it scared a lot of corvettes on SSR7.

I have a SL55 AMG premium just like that, even got stock exhausts...and it still has 750bhp and drafts to 250+ :D

I have a SL55 AMG premium just like that, even got stock exhausts...and it still has 750bhp and drafts to 250+ :D
AMG OMG SUPA OVAKILLLLL!!!! :D

I want to try and find my C63's max speed without draft now that I've
A) got a bit more knowledge
B) oil changed it for 40 more hp

I'm expecting numbers in the high 230s/low 240s :D

Edit: Roj,do you like the 2CV? I'm guessing not, but I still want to ask :D

Last edited:
Time for an early morning review! And it's the Corvette C5's turn today. Trial Mountain best lap: 1:36.999 (not trying too hard, only had 2 cups of strong coffee)

So despite being a bit tired after not having much sleep I decided to do what I always do and hop onto GT5, to pick up yet another car I didn't have...the Corvette C5.

And as per usual, after acquiring said Corvette, I wandered on over to RKM's page to tune it up :D

Since I seem to be getting a lot better at it, I decided to use Trial Mountain as a test circuit - the circuit that has a habit of trying to kill bad cars and their drivers. But I was confident; hell, if it's RKM, it's unlikely to strangle me with a seatbelt straight away.

Instantly it became clear I was being too cautious with this car. For it's power, it has great traction through the twisty bits, especially for a Corvette, and seems to be the ZO6/R's little brother. Whilst it isn't 100% happy with the bumpier bits of track it doesn't lose grip and go all axe-wielding psycho on you. And when you inevitably lose the tail end, which you will - not because it's bad, but because it's 500bhp and on road tyres - it is more than happy to hang it out and drift itself back into line, and then the grip is back and good as ever.

So overall it's a 9/10 for some quick and lairy fun without going overboard and getting squished, Christine style, by an 800bhp Corvette. And speaking of Corvettes, this is definitely a 10/10 Chevy :D

:lol: Online or offline tests? Because that tune was meant for online, wasn't it? And I don't get how you can see the light in it so quickly yet it takes me the best part of a week to get there :confused: Ah well, I'm not its biggest fan, but I don't mind it now. At least its got some form of character.

Onboy123
:lol: Online or offline tests? Because that tune was meant for online, wasn't it? And I don't get how you can see the light in it so quickly yet it takes me the best part of a week to get there :confused: Ah well, I'm not its biggest fan, but I don't mind it now. At least its got some form of character.

Offline, because I'm really not a fan of the physics difference...and it definitely does have character! It had me giggling all the way round just powersliding and chucking it about...

Offline, because I'm really not a fan of the physics difference...and it definitely does have character! It had me giggling all the way round just powersliding and chucking it about...
Try it online, you'll see the other side to its character.

Onboy123
Try it online, you'll see the other side to its character.

I don't think I'm gonna do that, I never actually race online, apart from the occasional SSR7 run or that complete slewage with my ZR1 RM...which by the way definitely deserves a review now I threw it around Trial Mountain Supercar Seasonal, and set a personal record of 1:17.753, which not even my detuned 908 HDi can surpass

Back