RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

You said the same thing about the Z06 C5.

On-topic too: I have to say, the RKM DLC tunes are great. I will do a review of them all once they are released.

You said the same thing about the Z06 C5.

On-topic too: I have to say, the RKM DLC tunes are great. I will do a review of them all once they are released.
Yea, but if you look at how I type, you can tell that post wasn't made by me. And that wasn't what I said about the Z06 C5. What I said was that it was twitchy, unforgiving bitch of a thing.

Yea, but if you look at how I type, you can tell that post wasn't made by me. And that wasn't what I said about the Z06 C5. What I said was that it was twitchy, unforgiving bitch of a thing.

Good point. I saw it and the first thing I thought of was "Onboy wrote something on these lines."

on-topic post: I am really enjoying "Solid Snake." That is my nickname of the viper.

I've used a few of the tunes from you guys with great results. Really dig the MX-5 S/C tune, would like to see what you guys come up with for the Roadster TC. Mind bogglin how the hybrid TC's got tunes first, damn youngn's and your 'lectric toys.:lol:

I've used a few of the tunes from you guys with great results. Really dig the MX-5 S/C tune, would like to see what you guys come up with for the Roadster TC. Mind bogglin how the hybrid TC's got tunes first, damn youngn's and your 'lectric toys.:lol:

They got tunes first cos Roj likes them and the US didn't get DLC until the 25th. And I've not done my cars yet so lolohwell.

Expect a Roadster TC, an RX-7 TC, and a few other things on Monday though.

A review of the RKM C63 AMG:

Test mule:
- 473bhp, broken-in @ 154.6 miles
- no engine or forced-induction upgrades
- no aftermarket aerodynamics equipped
- painted in iridiumsilber metallic, rims kept stock
- stock is boring, in terms of performance, but the car looks handsome stock

Wow. This car is an epitome of German precision. Its naturally-aspirated engine 6.2L V8 is a wondrous powerplant. I wonder what if this car was fitted with the new 5.5L bi-turbo V8 of the '12 E63 AMG, it'd just be stupendously fast. Nonetheless, the torque is instantaneous and immediately noticeable, with force-of-nature-style acceleration from low revs.

-As in real-life AMG cars, the automatic gearbox of the in-game car has quite long ratios. The new ratios provided by RKM works brilliantly. Driven in MT, the car can hold a higher gear than the flashing gear indicator would suggest, and let the car's torque power it through corners.
-Even without a park bench, steering is precise and fluid. A subtle boot lid spoiler (similar to the C63 AMG Black Series)would've improved the car's handling way more.
-Suspension does a wonderful job in keeping the car flat, with little weight transfer in fast corners because the center of gravity is low to the ground. Plus, it looks better too! :D
-Chassis balance is neutral, allowing for confident and aggressive cornering.
-Its horsepower and torque disguises the car's heft.
-Surprisingly, the car handles real well despite its weight (even after stage 3 weight reduction).

The stock C63 packs quite a punch already. However, thanks to Roj, extra punch is always welcome in any car they tune. :D

A review of the RKM C63 AMG:

Nice to hear the C63 didn't get dramatically worse through Spec 2. :lol: I'm actually on the fence about retweaking it though, it's not really a useful car or anything. :nervous:

RKM Motorsport’s High End G37

HighEndG37.jpg

HighEndG37_Big.jpg

Based on: High End Performance G37
Obtained: Brand new from High End Performance

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 603 BHP (@ 53.3 miles)
Torque:---- 56 kgfm
Weight:---- 1266 kg
PP:-------- 605

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20/50

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.993
2nd:-- 2.058
3rd:-- 1.521
4th:-- 1.201
5th:-- 1.006
6th:-- 0.862
Final: 3.500
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/29
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 14.0/11.5
Extension:-- 9/8
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 4/7
Camber:----- 2.5/2.2
Toe:-------- –0.20/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The High End Performance G37 is a bit porky thanks to that home entertainment system in the back, but after some further weight reduction and a bigger turbo, there’s no faster way to enjoy your PS3.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Shafz Starlet

ShafzStarlet.jpg

ShafzStarlet_Big.jpg

Based on: Toyota Starlet Glanza V ‘97
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 253 BHP (@ 1,993.8 miles)
Torque:---- 25 kgfm
Weight:---- 818 kg
PP:-------- 473

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.527
2nd:-- 1.691
3rd:-- 1.269
4th:-- 1.000
5th:-- 0.787
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 15/0
Accel:-- 50/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 8.0/1.3
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 4/5
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 1.9/1.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Here’s a Toyota that not many outside of the UK, Australia and Japan know much about. The Starlet Glanza V. Essentially what a Civic Type R is to a normal Civic, except the Glanza V packs a turbo 1.3 litre engine. This car defines the term “Pocket Rocket” and will happily show any supercar up around a twisty circuit. With extremely low weight, its low power output is actually more than enough to send this Glanza down the straights just as quickly as any Evo or Impreza.

Dedicated to a close friend and his Starlet Sportif. The latter recently met it’s demise due to wet roads.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Civic VTi

CivicVTi.jpg

CivicVTi_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) ‘95 / '93 / '92 / '91
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 270 BHP (@ 50,331.6 miles)
Torque:---- 23 kgfm
Weight:---- 884 kg
PP:-------- 462

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.676
2nd:-- 1.869
3rd:-- 1.406
4th:-- 1.119
5th:-- 0.939
6th:-- 0.811
Final: 4.500
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 15/0
Accel:-- 44/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.5/2.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/5
Camber:----- 2.1/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This is the Civic VTi, suitably named after (or would that be before?) the Civic VTi-R, which is based on the EK Civic. This EG Civic is everything what a Civic should be. Lightweight, high-revving and powered by a B16A.

You know what to expect from a RKM-tuned Honda Civic by now.

Fits all the EG chassis Civic's. Transmission settings may vary.

Last edited:
This person is now very angry that he sold his Toyota Starlet that was fully modified. :grumpy: Mind you I would have just rolled it! :lol:

RKM Motorsport’s Shafz Starlet
Dedicated to a close friend and his Starlet Sportif. The former recently met it’s demise due to wet roads.

Is the former meaning your friend, or his car?[/retard + brainfart moment]

If it's your friend, sorry for digging at the wounds…

ROLLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! DANGERRRRRRRRRR!

Dat Starlet. The real car shall be missed... It's apparently being replaced by a Polo?

Edit: He meant the car. Shafz is fine but the guy in the back seat... Well, wear a seatbelt if you don't want stitches.

Is the former meaning your friend, or his car?[/retard + brainfart moment]

If it's your friend, sorry for digging at the wounds…
Nah my bad, I meant latter. :dopey:
ROLLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! DANGERRRRRRRRRR!

Dat Starlet. The real car shall be missed... It's apparently being replaced by a Polo?

Edit: He meant the car. Shafz is fine but the guy in the back seat... Well, wear a seatbelt if you don't want stitches.

:lol::lol::lol:

Indeed it is. A 3 cylinder one at that. :dopey:

Mini Reviews- uMad, bro? RKM Trollmobiles, GT-R & X1(999)

Prius GT-R:
Amazingly, it's actually a pretty good drive in the corners. Plenty of grip, a lot of 'on rails' style cornering. Mind you, that could be down to the lack of any notable power, but still, the point stands, it corners pretty brilliantly. It's also as quiet as a startled deer, but as fast as that big cat moving in to attack it. Lapping Eiger Nordwand in a 1:22.278 puts it ahead of a more powerful and much lighter Alfa Spider Duetto. It's like the spiritual descendant of the original Golf GTI. Shame the brakes are still so crap.

Insight X1999:
"This is the Insight X1999. Kind of like an X2010 but with a boot." Yea, right. How'd you work that out? Anyways, at least this X1 parody does drive half decently. It's actually faster than the March Super Turbo around Eiger, but it doesn't feel lively. It does corner on rails, and the brakes aren't as crap as it is on most hybrids, but it's not what I was expecting it to be. I thought it was going to be a mini EK9 with a bolt on battery pack. Instead, it's a slightly understeery (tyre width to blame here), slightly boring and fairly tweaked econo-box.

Hey, it be Shafz here, the aforementioned one. Thanks guys so much for dedicating a starlet to me, same colour as mine too. Unfortunately it did meet its death and as mentioned above is being replaced by a Polo 3cylinder haha.

@Kyle: ROLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYY

Thanks so much guys, appreciate it, Can't wait to try this tune out!

Shafz.

Mini Reviews- uMad, bro? RKM Trollmobiles, GT-R & X1(999)

Prius GT-R:
Amazingly, it's actually a pretty good drive in the corners. Plenty of grip, a lot of 'on rails' style cornering. Mind you, that could be down to the lack of any notable power, but still, the point stands, it corners pretty brilliantly. It's also as quiet as a startled deer, but as fast as that big cat moving in to attack it. Lapping Eiger Nordwand in a 1:22.278 puts it ahead of a more powerful and much lighter Alfa Spider Duetto. It's like the spiritual descendant of the original Golf GTI. Shame the brakes are still so crap.
And that's why it's called the GT-R. :lol:
Insight X1999:
"This is the Insight X1999. Kind of like an X2010 but with a boot." Yea, right. How'd you work that out? Anyways, at least this X1 parody does drive half decently. It's actually faster than the March Super Turbo around Eiger, but it doesn't feel lively. It does corner on rails, and the brakes aren't as crap as it is on most hybrids, but it's not what I was expecting it to be. I thought it was going to be a mini EK9 with a bolt on battery pack. Instead, it's a slightly understeery (tyre width to blame here), slightly boring and fairly tweaked econo-box.
I too was hoping for a CR-Z-esque type of car, but the tyre width limited what I could really do with it. :indiff:
Hey, it be Shafz here, the aforementioned one. Thanks guys so much for dedicating a starlet to me, same colour as mine too. Unfortunately it did meet its death and as mentioned above is being replaced by a Polo 3cylinder haha.

@Kyle: ROLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYY

Thanks so much guys, appreciate it, Can't wait to try this tune out!

Shafz.

No problem mate. :D:tup:

Also just noticed this is your first post and you've been a GTP member for 3 months more than I have, what the hell?! :lol:

@VTiStodge

Thats cause I didn't really have much to post up haha.. I wasn't really active.. at all, Made the account and forgot about it, I'm gonna be more active from now on though for sure.

Shafz.

Also just noticed this is your first post and you've been a GTP member for 3 months more than I have, what the hell?! :lol:

How the heck does that one work out? O_o

Edit: "didn't really have much to post up"? More like nothing, apparently. :P

@VTiStodge

Thats cause I didn't really have much to post up haha.. I wasn't really active.. at all, Made the account and forgot about it, I'm gonna be more active from now on though for sure.

Shafz.

AHAHAHHAHAHA 👍👍👍 Nice name Roj :D Or should that be Stodge? :dopey: And doesn't it feel nice to have a close friend on here with you?

@VTiStodge

Shafz.
That doesn't stop most of the people here who post threads about nonsense. :lol: Glad to hear it. 👍
AHAHAHHAHAHA 👍👍👍 Nice name Roj :D Or should that be Stodge? :dopey: And doesn't it feel nice to have a close friend on here with you?

Yes, especially as he's mature unlike some people. :P

That doesn't stop most of the people here who post threads about nonsense. :lol: Glad to hear it. 👍

Yes, especially as he's mature unlike some people. :P

So does that mean that, should he play GT5, he gets free request tunes?

Oi, I'm mature! :dopey: Ok…maybe not.

I'm the most immature 24 year old you'll ever know, Stodge knows this :P

I do play GT5 but not that often, but when I do I make sure to mess about with tunes and BMW's and Toyotas and stuff.

Stodge, do a 330i tune haha, please?

Shafz.

Not so much mature as hyper. Sort of like the RR guy of the group. :lol: I on the other hand, I'm 4WD. Yeah. :cool:
Nah, I'm not a french rustbucket. :D I'm like those 800hp slideways Supras you see in videos. And you're a FF, you play it too safely, with the occasional understeery step in the wrong direction with your rant and hate for the S2000 GT1 Turbo. :dopey:

I'm the most immature 24 year old you'll ever know, Stodge knows this :P

I do play GT5 but not that often, but when I do I make sure to mess about with tunes and BMW's and Toyotas and stuff.

Stodge, do a 330i tune haha, please?

Shafz.

He did one for me, but he'd probably do it again just for you cuz you're his close mate.

Back