RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Overall I think you have done excellent at taming some of the issues that are noticeable in all cars of this type. I wouldn't say however that the car is suited to my driving style, but there is still fun to be had for the average driver awaiting a challenge. Like always a tune is only as good as the car itself, and you have managed to squeeze much more out of the car than what I had predicted. Good work! 👍

8/10

Thanks for the review! Funny you should mention adding more lift-off oversteer, as that is something everyone hated about the Murcielago and it's one of the first things any tuner tries to fix on a Lamborghini. The Aventador is a much better car though, so perhaps putting some lift-off oversteer won't hurt it too bad.

Took the Emperor VI out for a drive around my Toscana course and uhh... Well let's put it this way:

I put my heart and soul into driving the Emperor IV as hard as I could around that course to achieve the time of 3:41.341. I drove that car to the best of my ability. As for the Emperor VI, I didn't drive it quite enough to feel completely comfortable with it, so I drove it kinda like the Emperor IV. I took it pretty easy with this car around the same course and it still managed to blow the Emperor IV away.

I'll do a full review of the Emperor VI once I can think of the right words to describe what the hell kind of monster this car is (and take on my Toscana course full force with it).

EDIT: and then Dreamy Ghost goes and beats them both.... :v I really do like that car. If only my FC could handle so well, but still be able to cut loose into some drifting fun like the Dreamy Ghost can. Let's see what you can do, Roj.

EDIT EDIT: Well I just figured out what happens when you tune the FC's suspension, LSD, and brake balance to match the settings of Rotary Junkie's RX-7 R400, max out the performance, and lastly throw on some Comfort Mediums. The result is endless drifting fun.

Last edited:
More review on the "PYTHON"

I decided to send this car to a friend of mine yesterday so we could try it out on Route X together. The transmission was to small to run here, so I put one of my trans setups in this beast. With the setup that Dragonthing put on this car, it loves the Route X track. Sticks like glue in the straights and the big corner. Had it doing 290mph drafting and pushing the exact same car that I sent my friend. A very stable car here. Would like to get it to do 300mph. :)

I and my friend are very happy with the setup on the Python. I had him try it on Grand Valley. It's a beast to him, but he isn't used to driving it on this course with so much power. lol

Excellent job Dragonthing! 👍

VTiRoj
Thanks for the review! Funny you should mention adding more lift-off oversteer, as that is something everyone hated about the Murcielago and it's one of the first things any tuner tries to fix on a Lamborghini. The Aventador is a much better car though, so perhaps putting some lift-off oversteer won't hurt it too bad.

A little rotation on the entry to some middle speed corners on the Ring' is great fun. 👍
Are you busy on requests right now? :sly:

Took the Emperor VI out for a drive around my Toscana course and uhh... Well let's put it this way:

I put my heart and soul into driving the Emperor IV as hard as I could around that course to achieve the time of 3:41.341. I drove that car to the best of my ability. As for the Emperor VI, I didn't drive it quite enough to feel completely comfortable with it, so I drove it kinda like the Emperor IV. I took it pretty easy with this car around the same course and it still managed to blow the Emperor IV away.

I'll do a full review of the Emperor VI once I can think of the right words to describe what the hell kind of monster this car is (and take on my Toscana course full force with it).

EDIT: and then Dreamy Ghost goes and beats them both.... :v I really do like that car. If only my FC could handle so well, but still be able to cut loose into some drifting fun like the Dreamy Ghost can. Let's see what you can do, Roj.

EDIT EDIT: Well I just figured out what happens when you tune the FC's suspension, LSD, and brake balance to match the settings of Rotary Junkie's RX-7 R400, max out the performance, and lastly throw on some Comfort Mediums. The result is endless drifting fun.
Yeah, the VI beats the IV pretty badly, but hey, it wouldn't a good Evo if it wasn't faster than the one before. :D The NSX is just in a whole other league to the Evo's. :lol:

Yeah I still need to get on with your FC. The settings I've got as a base are actually from an RX-8. :lol:
A little rotation on the entry to some middle speed corners on the Ring' is great fun. 👍
Are you busy on requests right now? :sly:

Nope, but I am a tester in the Japanese Auto Celebration Shootout, so that's taking a lot of my time up at the moment.

Are you a touge fan? I used the emperor tunes on touge and wow plus i have an fc tuned 500pp for touge, call it a ryosuke takahashi tribute. if so you should check us out in L.O.T.S sometime.

RKM Motorsport’s Subieroo

Subieroo.jpg

Subieroo_Big.jpg

Based on: Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Version III '96
Obtained: Used Car Dealersip

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 369 BHP (@ 2,422 miles)
Torque:---- 42 kgfm
Weight:---- 1250 kg
PP:-------- 490

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing TE37 Wheels

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 4.493
2nd:-- 3.048
3rd:-- 2.313
4th:-- 1.831
5th:-- 1.481
6th:-- 1.242
Final: 4.500/3.000
Max Speed: 112 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 7/28
Accel:-- 52/58
Braking: 32/5

Drivetrain
Torque Distribution: 45/55

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 14.2/6.2
Extension:-- 9/10
Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll:-- 7/1
Camber:----- 1.4/1.2
Toe:-------- -0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Subierubieroooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Shift at 7 grand.

RKM Motorsport’s Subieroo C

SubierooC.jpg

SubierooC_Big.jpg

Based on: Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C '04
Obtained: Used Car Dealersip

Horsepower: 423 BHP (@ 11,722,9 miles)
Torque:---- 55 kgfm
Weight:---- 1370 kg
PP:-------- 520

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing CE28N Wheels

Tuning Shop
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Medium Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 98.2%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 4.039
2nd:-- 2.839
3rd:-- 2.127
4th:-- 1.666
5th:-- 1.364
6th:-- 1.168
Final: 2.500
Max Speed: 149 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 7/37
Accel:-- 53/58
Braking: 30/15

Drivetrain
Torque Distribution: 35/65

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 15/5
Spring Rate: 11.2/9.4
Extension:-- 6/9
Compression: 2/6
Anti-Roll:-- 6/1
Camber:----- 1.9/1.9
Toe:-------- -0.07/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Subierubieroooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now with 100% more Spec-C ness. Shift at 6,000rpm.

RKM Motorsport’s Kia From The Depths Of Hell

KiaFromTheDepthsOfHell.jpg

KiaFromTheDepthsOfHell_Big.jpg

Based on: Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '10
Obtained: New Car Dealersip

Horsepower: 491 BHP (@ 204.8 miles)
Torque:---- 60 kgfm
Weight:---- 1236 kg
PP:-------- 550

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RS Wheels

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 96.5%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 4.779
2nd:-- 3.347
3rd:-- 2.545
4th:-- 2.039
5th:-- 1.681
6th:-- 1.435
Final: 4.000/2.500
Max Speed: 112 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 7/28
Accel:-- 58/55
Braking: 31/11

Drivetrain
Torque Distribution: 45/55

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/8.0
Extension:-- 9/8
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 1/5
Camber:----- 2.5/0.2
Toe:-------- -0.20/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This Kia clawed its way to earth from the depths of hell. Do you really think traction is a problem?

Shift at 7,000 rpm.

Wow, a very different reaction from a year ago. A year ago, we were all swearing and having a go at RJ for the sodding prank…now, little to no one cares even when it's all over…Times have already changed, it seems…

And RJ, don't mind me saying, but that Kia from Hell doesn't look very…intimidating or hellish, if I may be so bold to say so.

Wow, a very different reaction from a year ago. A year ago, we were all swearing and having a go at RJ for the sodding prank…now, little to no one cares even when it's all over…Times have already changed, it seems…

And RJ, don't mind me saying, but that Kia from Hell doesn't look very…intimidating or hellish, if I may be so bold to say so.

A year ago, it wasn't expected for me to do that. :lol:

A year ago, it wasn't expected for me to do that. :lol:

A year ago, I felt like punching you in the face, I was even considering some kind of petition to bring you lot back in action or something. :lol: But as I said, I fell for it once, not going to do so again.

Now if either of you were to be banned for the day, that would bring about a completely different reaction. :lol:

The Emperor was put through its paces today... and it didn't disappoint.

Entered into the 650PP seasonal in Madrid, this barely 590PP car was astonishing. Sure the acceleration left something to be desired against the other cars, but the gearing was close and the car pulled nicely, using all the torques well. Interesting how your method and MFT's gearing method are different, but work so similarly and so well.

Like the MFT review I wrote however, in the corners the car just felt a touch vague, I'd turn in and sort of hope I'd hit the apex instead of feeling the grip, if you see what I mean. If the power was applied too early the car would understeer wide too... but perhaps this is an incurable problem since it occured with both your tune and MFT's.

Major difference: AYC was kept in this tune, FC LSD used in MFT's. I don't know how much of a difference it made but:

MFT: 1.21.1xx
RKM: 1.20.5xx

Great tune nonetheless guys, winning a 650PP seasonal in a 590PP car is pretty good going :)

Are you a touge fan? I used the emperor tunes on touge and wow plus i have an fc tuned 500pp for touge, call it a ryosuke takahashi tribute. if so you should check us out in L.O.T.S sometime.

But of course. I love touge and I'll be sure to take up your offer.

do you know from which brand it is maybe?
Pretty sure its either Honda or Toyota but not positive and I don't have my GT5 up currently to check. Leaning towards Toyota but its been a while since I thought about using that color on something.

The Emperor was put through its paces today... and it didn't disappoint.

Entered into the 650PP seasonal in Madrid, this barely 590PP car was astonishing. Sure the acceleration left something to be desired against the other cars, but the gearing was close and the car pulled nicely, using all the torques well. Interesting how your method and MFT's gearing method are different, but work so similarly and so well.

Like the MFT review I wrote however, in the corners the car just felt a touch vague, I'd turn in and sort of hope I'd hit the apex instead of feeling the grip, if you see what I mean. If the power was applied too early the car would understeer wide too... but perhaps this is an incurable problem since it occured with both your tune and MFT's.

Major difference: AYC was kept in this tune, FC LSD used in MFT's. I don't know how much of a difference it made but:

MFT: 1.21.1xx
RKM: 1.20.5xx

Great tune nonetheless guys, winning a 650PP seasonal in a 590PP car is pretty good going :)
Thanks for the review! There are a few inherent problems with Evo's that both us and MFT seem to have ran into, hence the similar handling you found. AYC is a very useful system if used properly, so I can only assume we've done just that as MFT aren't slouches when it comes to tuning. AYC basically forces the car to rotate, distributing power to the inside or outside wheels depending on conditions.
I think it's from the Honda Jazz, buy it in the UCD. 👍

This. Also the Honda Fit.

There's actually a similar colour called Ascari Red, I forget where it comes from.

thanks guys..... "Ascari red pearl" and "iris red pearl" are indeed just a like and both are from HONDA, so I'll be looking for them..!!

Wow, a very different reaction from a year ago. A year ago, we were all swearing and having a go at RJ for the sodding prank…now, little to no one cares even when it's all over…Times have already changed, it seems….

Aw, I missed it, didn't get on the internet yesterday. What happened?

...I wonder how many good April Fool's pranks end up falling flat with April 1 on a Sunday?

thanks guys..... "Ascari red pearl" and "iris red pearl" are indeed just a like and both are from HONDA, so I'll be looking for them..!!
Ask for them in the marketplace forum, perhaps someone will trade with you. 👍
Aw, I missed it, didn't get on the internet yesterday. What happened?

...I wonder how many good April Fool's pranks end up falling flat with April 1 on a Sunday?

RJ locked the thread without any warning. Last year it caused a big panic. This year, not so much. :lol:

haha, when i read the name i expected some devilish looking thing with a giant wing.. or at least red/black :lol:

tried that setup on my own 550PP scoob and i must say; lots'o'grip but when i go too hard into some turns i have to lift sooner than expected because of mild understeer. nonetheless an excellent setup 👍

Back