ZedTunes - Shootout Tunes - 07/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 382 comments
I tried this tune on the 'Ring or whatever you call it (nordshief) and wow :eek:

Very good handling , I feel segure and I can do the litle chicanes at the begining just accelarating đź‘Ť , very light handling too đź‘Ť

I only thingthat it's bodering me is the gear box it's a bit "tiny" (only 245 Km) :nervous:

Definitly recomended đź‘Ť

Thank you !

Nice to know it works for you. :)

I was trying to get it wilder, trying to find some way to slide but unfortunately you can't slide a 4WD car with such little power, RH tyres and front-engine. :(

I was mainly tuning it on Tsukuba and also kept it shorter to boost the acceleration. Much like I did with Ryuuko-R as I tuned that on Eiger which has no straights of any real length.

Well, it's not impossible to get it sideways...a strong negative rear toe setting with some adjustments to the diff should be a start. Add some of the car's weight back to the rear of the car and boom, slideways.

At least, in theory.

Well, it's not impossible to get it sideways...a strong negative rear toe setting with some adjustments to the diff should be a start. Add some of the car's weight back to the rear of the car and boom, slideways.

At least, in theory.

...Then what does that do to the rest of the performance.

...Then what does that do to the rest of the performance.
That, I'll leave you to figure out. Though done right, steering response should be improved, it'll be a bit more agile and a bit more fun, I think.

You could do 2 tunes , basicly equal but one for small tracks , with no big sraights (like this tune) and other for the bigs ones , same tune but a wider gearbox. Atleast for me the rest is fine đź‘Ť

You could do 2 tunes , basicly equal but one for small tracks , with no big sraights (like this tune) and other for the bigs ones , same tune but a wider gearbox. Atleast for me the rest is fine đź‘Ť

Technically speaking though all you would need to do is adjust the final gear to adjust to the longest straight. Same for the 3000GT VR-4 Turbo '95 tune.

GT by Citroen by ZedTunes
Painted in Rouge Lucifer by Citroen (if you can find a colour closer to the Race Car's red metallic colour, use that. ;))
As seen in Grand PriX, owned by Adam and driven by Ishizaki.

CitroenGTBanner.jpg

SanGimignano-TownSquare_4.jpg

Stock model: GT by Citroen Race Car
Obtained: Dealerships or winning Dream Car Championship B-Spec

Drivetrain: '---'. Whatever that is... :confused:
HP: 630
Weight: 1200kg
PP: 631

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Oil Change

Settings:
Aerodynamics: 50/75
Ballast: 0
Position: 0

Power Limiter: 100.0%

Max Speed: 205
1st: 4.590
2nd: 3.030
3rd: 2.238
4th: 1.737
5th: 1.409
6th: 1.187
7th: 1.084
Final: 2.923

LSD: 24/28/12

Ride Height: -11/-9
Spring Rate: 15.5/15.5
Dampers (Ext.): 9/7
Dampers (Comp.): 5/6
Anti Roll Bars: 6/6
Camber Angle: 1.9/0.8
Toe Angle: -0.03/0.25

Brake Balance Controller: 2/1

So here is a Citroen GT Race Car that is exactly the same as what it was before this tuneup. Apart from settings, of course. Still...at least it is improved. And improvement is always good. Well...if it's for your benefit anyway.

This GT is given the thumbs up to being one of the fastest cars in the game already, and with this tune it gets even faster. Very lovely. The screaming exhaust behind you probably will keep you annoyed, as will the 7-speed box and the horror story that is its onboard view, but come on...just look at it!

Well I used this tune so I mine as well do a review. I tried for a considerable amount of time to tune this car. Got better each time I edited something which is obviously good lol. Kept trying until the point where I figured it wouldn't get much better and said hey I mine as well try someone elses to compare. Tried this tune and it beat my cars time and was easier to drive. lol so I said screw my tune and am now using this. Works great on smaller tracks too which was surprising. The brakes also look crazy, but somehow work great. đź‘Ť

BMW M Valentine
Painted in GT PASTELTONE 010-W by Gran Turismo

BMWMCoupeBanner.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_1-2.jpg

Base model: BMW M Coupe '98
Obtained: Used Car Dealerships

Drivetrain: FR
Power: 450bhp
Weight: 1337kg
PP: 503

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Restore Body Rigidity (when applicable)
Overhaul Engine (when applicable)
Rays Volk Racing TE30 wheels, painted in GT-Fluorescence-008 by Gran Turismo

Parts Shop:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports: Medium Tyres

Settings:

Max Speed: 180
1st: 4.642
2nd: 3.048
3rd: 2.273
4th: 1.760
5th: 1.396
6th: 1.173
Final: 3.040

LSD: 5/6/5

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 11.8/8.0
Dampers (Ext.): 6/5
Dampers (Comp.): 8/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber Angle: 4.0/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.20

Brake Balance Controller: 7/7

Any confessions to make, visitors?

Here's one for me - the M Coupe. A gorgeous looking body put into a big bad M-tuned engine, I think it might well be the best BMW ever. The only things I can think of that get close would be the Z1, the Isetta Bubble and the M635CSi.

And now the ultimate van of bread is being put up here with a bit of makeup to wow you, too. You can't have her though. She's mine now. :P

C-ZETA
And now the ultimate van of bread is being put up here with a bit of makeup to wow you. You can't have her though. She's mine now. :P

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It's an epic mod, this might make me fall in love with retro m cars.

Oh, and by the way, if you're not using it for Valentine's, ie from tomorrow onwards, keep the stock wheels on and put it (or buy it in) its Estorilblau Metallic colour. It looks best like that, but I've put it like this just for the occasion. :P

Oh, and by the way, if you're not using it for Valentine's, ie from tomorrow onwards, keep the stock wheels on and put it (or buy it in) its Estorilblau Metallic colour. It looks best like that, but I've put it like this just for the occasion. :P

A valentine's day Beemer? Nice idea.:lol: And then you can race it without the paint to fool people!:)

A valentine's day Beemer? Nice idea.:lol: And then you can race it without the paint to fool people!:)

Yeah. And given it's nearly at 500PP too it might stand a chance there.

Also starting work on a lightly tuned Lotus Elan now. Basing it to look like the Sprint version, except of course this one's a soft top.

Haven't given your beemer a spin but I can guaranty that it will destroy the 500PP online A-Spec races. I've been using 465-475PP cars on Sports Soft tires to win those.:D

:tup:The little "M" should be a premeum. Perhaps the first really hot hatch back.
I think I ruined my current one with weight and power. I'll be looking for a new (UCD) one to try this tune on.

Along with the 635CSi-M coupe two of my fav BM dubs.:sly:

"Hawk" in Spencer for Hier drove a white one.

Happpy Valentines Day C-Zeta :P

Lotus Elan GoldLeaf
Painted in Calypso Red by Lotus

LotusElanBanner.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_1-9.jpg

Stock model: Lotus Elan S1 '62
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Power: 153bhp
Weight: 600kg
PP: 460

What to buy:
GT Auto:

Parts Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Clutch: Single-Plate
Flywheel: Sports
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Height-Adjustable Sports Suspension

Settings:

Max Speed: 112
1st: 3.314
2nd: 2.506
3rd: 1.939
4th: 1.494
5th: 1.199
Final: 2.835

LSD: 6/12/8

Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 4.1/3.7
Dampers: 2/2
Camber Angle: 0.8/0.9

Brake Balance Controller: 2/3

Now then, a classic Lotus here again. Jesus, how many Lotuses have I tuned now anyway? :boggled:

This one is the Elan, and I tried to make it look like a Sprint. Failed, obviously. But think of this as a soft top, powered up Sprint. It's very slidey on exit but so controllable you won't care. This one's a nice bundle of fun.

Now, what Lotuses haven't I done anyway... :boggled:

ZedTunes TT1
Painted in Brilliant Orange Metallic by Honda

AudiTTBanner-1.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in-5.jpg

Base model: Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
Obtained: Dealerships

Drivetrain: 4WD
Power: 372bhp
Weight: 1400kg
PP: 500

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Oil Change
Aero Front Type B
Aero Wing Type A
Motegi Racing Touge wheels, painted in Glacier White by Vauxhall

Parts Shop:
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Clutch: Twin Plate
Fully Customizable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension

Settings:
Aerodynamics: 0/20

Max Speed: 186
1st: 2.936
2nd: 2.012
3rd: 1.452
4th: 1.111
5th: 0.890
6th: 0.697
Final: 5.148

LSD:
Front: 5/5/5
Rear: 5/5/5

Front/Rear Torque Distribution: 10/90

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 3.2/3.0
Dampers (Ext.): 1/1
Dampers (Comp.): 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/1
Camber Angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.41/-0.25

Brake Balance Controller: 0/0

Currently Car of the Week as of this post, I went ahead and took up tuning this thing. It wasn't easy.

Understeer problems were around to begin with, and it took forever to lower all the stats down to the levels that would make them minimal enough to get it to be loose enough to actually turn in.

Try and enjoy this thing. Don't bother with looking at how weird the settings are, this is as good as it really could get for me. Oh, and remember, it's 500PP. But not tuned for online...

Awww…up the tyre compound to SS and take this TT to da max in the Tuner War thread, eh? We need moar competition there. :D

Or is that not your cup of tea? And also, that's a heck of a lot of front toe, if I may say so…if it is suffering chronic understeer, wouldn't stiffening the front spring rate and raising the front ride height help cure that?

Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98

SuzukiEscudoBanner-1.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1-7.jpg

Stock model: Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98

Drivetrain: 4WD
HP: 1045
Weight: 800
PP: 750

What to buy:
GT Auto:

Parts Shop:
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Settings:
Aerodynamics: 50/70

Final: 3.803 (this comes first)
Max Speed: 236
1st: 3.037
2nd: 2.088
3rd: 1.574
4th: 1.237
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.829

LSD:
Front: 8/24/12
Rear: 19/48/27

Front/Rear Torque Distribution: 20/80

Ride Height: -17/-21
Spring Rate: 15.0/12.1
Dampers (Ext.): 8/8
Dampers (Comp.): 8/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber Angle: 2.7/2.1
Toe Angle: -0.04/0.09

Brake Balance Controller: 5/5

Giving this Escudo this tune turned it from a normal scarester into one of the most extraordinary drives I'd partaken in in GT5.

Built for the 750PP run on Spa, it does that with aplomb. In this, 2:07.514 was the best I got, but if this thing didn't have the great drive it does, I wouldn't have made an attempt to get that fast. Indeed, every single lap I made from the first lap I completed was faster and faster and faster. And as you can see, it is very tail happy. Scary at first, but hilarity will ensue afterwards, and this will become one of your greatest acquaintances in GT5.

If you have an Escudo at any point, give it this tune, and don't regret it. This is one of my finest ever.

Last edited:
I used my Escudo to gold the Time Trial, and was thinking how amazingly fun this car is :D. I was going to post mine, but you neat me to it :sly:.

When I have the time I will be trying yous.
Fun car :dopey:

Ok, just want to say, the gears for this thing seem to be slightly out, I couldn't get the same values as listed, but I might just be doing it wrongÂ…but anywayÂ…

Suzuki Escudo-
Bloody hell, as if the settings didn't look crazy enough, the drive is even more insane. You have wheelspin all the way up into 4th gear, it settles down a bit in 5th and at 120mph, when you shift into 6th, there's an almighty moment of lag for you to brace yourself for the full force of that 1050hp which seemingly comes out of nowhere and hurls you towards the horizon. The time between it going 120mph and it going 170mph can be measured in seconds. The acceleration, which is down to (in no small part, I might add) the retuned gearbox as well as the boost in power, is blindingly fast. The dot in the horizon isn't that far away when you're in this, it's often just a second or two away. Shame the top speed limits it from chasing down F1 cars and the like, though with the proportions of a bus, a top speed of 176mph is fairly amazing anyway.

But what happens when this speed brings you to a corner? Well, you don't go around it. Instead, you sort of try and keep it from sliding while it squirms about all over the place looking for grip. It's hilarious, watching it slither about, searching for grip that just doesn't seem to be there. And yet, somehow, it doesn't seem to have its performance hindered by this complete lack of grip. It just sort of deals with it the best it can. Need to change direction? Foot down, hard. Pushing wide? Do the same. Pretty much any issue you run into while driving this car can be solved by just growing lead feet/fingers, as the turbo's boost just overwhelms everything. But when you're without the turbo's "aid", the car is very composed as well, though its only real downfall is the lack of feel from it. It feels too light, too easy to fling around, one small twitch when combined with such epic power can be mildly disastrous if you can't feel the front.

So, it goes like an exploding stick of dynamite, and slithers about like a greasy weasel when you corner. Or, if you're going into a sweeper, it's a greasy weasel with an exploding stick of dynamite up its arse. But when you've had enough of the lunacy, just lift off and take the corners sensibly, and it'll stay steady and composed, finally finding grip, and then watch the lap times tumble.

Not the most refined tune I've ever used, but certainly one of the most fun.

Ok, just want to say, the gears for this thing seem to be slightly out, I couldn't get the same values as listed, but I might just be doing it wrongÂ…but anywayÂ…

Set final first. Forgot to mention that, will point out.

Just to say that the Delta Force is awesome!! Just won the 500PP challenge with it after an hard fought battle with the NSX Type R '02 decided on the last straight!

Mazda Kusabi no Shinbō
Painted in Snow Flake White Pearl Mica by Mazda

MazdaKusabiBanner.jpg

CapeRing-1.jpg

Stock model: Mazda Kusabi Concept '03
Obtained: Used Car Dealerships or Gold in the NR-A Roadster Cup in A-Spec

Drivetrain: FF
HP: 270bhp
Weight: 800kg
PP: 513

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Rays Volk Triniti V wheels, painted in Velocity Red Mica by Mazda

Parts Shop:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing: Hard Tyres

Settings:

Max Speed: 155
1st: 3.258
2nd: 2.206
3rd: 1.636
4th: 1.262
Final: 4.105

LSD: 6/18/7

Ride Height: 1/6
Spring Rate: 7.8/5.4
Dampers (Ext.): 7/5
Dampers (Comp.): 6/6
Anti Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber Angle: 2.6/2.8
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.10

Brake Balance Controller: 7/3

"Shinbō to jikyū-ryoku no shōri to narimasu" - "Patience and endurance lead to victory."

Much like the Mazda MX-5's design style "Jinba ittai" (Rider and horse as one), this Kusabi follows the idea of endurance races and winning them. Which is why I believe that this can win the Tsukuba 9 hours. Maybe against the S2k Turbo, maybe not...but there are 3 valid reasons why this can do it.

1) It's a Mazda on Tsukuba
2) You win it in a race on Tsukuba
3) It's bloody fast and light

This, the Kusabi no Shinbō, is built as an underdog. A car that will live on through the ages as a legend. The question is...can it do it?

There's only one way to find out...

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Nissan Silvia S15 Varietta Spec-R Aero Luxury 2-seater Hardtop Convertible
Painted in Estoril Blue by Caterham

NissanSilviaS15Banner1.jpg

TokyoR246-7.jpg

Base model: Nissan Silvia Varietta (S15) '00

Power: 247bhp
Weight: 1530kg
PP: 414

What to buy:
GT Auto:

Parts Shop:
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Cutsomisable Suspension
Sports: Hard Tyres

Settings:
Ballast: 200
Position: 50

Max Speed: 168
1st: 3.503
2nd: 2.337
3rd: 1.706
4th: 1.291
6th: 0.790
Final: 4.083

LSD: 13/30/19

Ride Height: 6/13
Spring Rate: 4.3/4.8
Dampers (Ext.): 5/5
Dampers (Comp.): 5/5
Anti Roll Bars: 2/2
Camber Angle: 2.0/2.8
Toe Angle: 0.07/0.36

Brake Balance Controller: 8/2

With a name to rival the Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 and Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67, meet the Nissan Silvia S15 Varietta Spec-R Aero Luxury 2-seater Hardtop Convertible. Probably Kazunori Yamauchi's favourite of the Silvia's.

The question is...what do you do with it? Well, the hardtop convertible doesn't work in this game, so that's out then. The answer is you simply cruise it, or simply drive it. This was meant as a luxury Nissan, although it came up with far more unique niches then necessary.

So enjoy absolutely everything this Silvia has to offer. But not the convertible. That can't be put down in this game. Sad. :(

Nissan Silvia 276
Painted in Lightning Yellow by Nissan

NissanSilviaS15Banner2.jpg

DeepForestRaceway-2.jpg

Base model: Nissan Silvia spec-S Aero (S15) '99
Obtained by: Used Car Dealership

Power: 276bhp
Weight: 1070kg
PP: 459

Parts to buy:
GT Auto:

Parts Shop:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Settings:

Max Speed: 168
1st: 3.346
2nd: 2.253
3rd: 1.661
4th: 1.273
6th: 0.803
Final: 4.083

LSD: 9/36/11

Ride Height: 0/7
Spring Rate: 6.8/6.1
Dampers (Ext.): 7/5
Dampers (Comp.): 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber Angle: 2.7/2.7
Toe Angle: -0.01/0.33

Brake Balance Controller: 6/4

Now for something a lot more simpler than the last Silvia. And also, a Gentleman's Agreement time.

This Silvia is simply built to be pretty fast, and it did manage about 171mph on SSRX which is not too bad. With enough lowering down, this might well be a strong contender for 450PP. Enjoy it.

Ferrari 430 X-Shot Fruity-Heart-Breaker
Painted in Rubino Micalizzato by Ferrari

Ferrari430ScuderiaBanner.jpg

Rome-8.jpg

Stock model: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Obtained: Dealerships

Drivetrain: MR
HP: 599
Weight: 1120kg
PP: 600

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Oil Change
Rays VR.G2 wheels, kept in the black you buy them in
Aero Wing Type A

Parts Shop:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Air Filter
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing: Hard Tyres

Settings:
Aerodynamics: 15/40
Ballast: 1

Power Limiter: 99.3% (adjust this as your car breaks in)

Max Speed: 199
1st: 3.058
2nd: 2.099
3rd: 1.580
4th: 1.239
6th: 0.827
Final: 4.300

LSD: 25/42/37

Ride Height: -1/2
Spring Rate: 10.5/12.5
Dampers (Ext.): 6/8
Dampers (Comp.): 7/7
Anti Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber Angle: 2.6/3.2
Toe Angle: 0.11/0.50

Brake Balance Controller: 8/2

With a name to rival even the Nissan Silvia S15 Varietta Spec-R Aero Luxury 2-seater Hardtop Convertible, meet the 430 X-Shot Fruity-Heart-Breaker.

This is obviously a Ferrari, and it is designed to perform at awesome levels. This thing did 0-60 in just 3.1, and with extra modification which I didn't do (how useful that this thing is at 600PP!), I could have done better yet.

So what are you waiting for? Get it NOOOOWWWW :grumpy:

Back