RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Cheers. You're surprisingly fast too. Wallbanger my arse! :P:tup:

It's because the Leaf favours a different line to say, a Skyline. The Leaf goes faster if you take a wider line that doesn't scrub as much speed off. Every mph counts when you only have 107bhp! :D

The Silvia is getting a tune the moment it reaches my garage, don't worry. :lol:

Also I'll ask here first before wandering into the marketplace: Does anyone have a glitch suit (Double Stripe 00) and helmet (Horizon 00) that I could have? :dopey:
Think I have one I can send you, I'll check in a bit.👍👍

As for those times they were the result of my spending all day yesterday just trying to beat yours so I could push you a bit.:lol: Don't think I have much if any room for improvement on any of them without wasting a lot more days.:crazy:
I'll just concede the round to you.:cheers:

XDesperado67
Think I have one I can send you, I'll check in a bit.👍👍

As for those times they were the result of my spending all day yesterday just trying to beat yours so I could push you a bit.:lol: Don't think I have much if any room for improvement on any of them without wasting a lot more days.:crazy:
I'll just concede the round to you.:cheers:

I have a ways to go before I am satisfied, especially with the Silvia. Had a second round with the Leaf and even managed to best Roj in a couple. :D I'm sure that has changed by now. Might give the round two challenges another run tonight. I never did find a good line for the first for better than bronze. :indiff:

And where is the Trans-Cammer tune yo?!

I have a ways to go before I am satisfied, especially with the Silvia. Had a second round with the Leaf and even managed to best Roj in a couple. :D I'm sure that has changed by now. Might give the round two challenges another run tonight. I never did find a good line for the first for better than bronze. :indiff:

And where is the Trans-Cammer tune yo?!
Not saying its the best line but if your talking about 2-1the long banked turn just floor the car and keep it just under the driving line. You shouldn't have a problem golding it that way even with an auto trans.👍👍

RKM Motorsport’s Trans-Cammer

***IMAGE OF CAR***

Based on: 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer
Obtained: Grand Touring Garage in Dealership

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 639 BHP (@ 118.7 miles)
Torque:---- 74.6 kgfm
Weight:---- 1721 kg
PP:-------- 547

PARTS

Tuning Shop
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 1.914
2nd:-- 1.204
3rd:-- 0.900
4th:-- 0.700
5th:-- 0.575
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 255 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/15
Accel:-- 0/45
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/16
Spring Rate: 12.5/7.5
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 2/6
Camber:----- 1.3/1.5
Toe:-------- -0.10/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 4/8

Intended Driving Options Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:The Trans-Cammer has never really been seen much in online lobbies. It's not easy to drive hard, it doesn't corner on a penny and it doesn't like to drift very well. Hopefully this changes everything, my personal Cammer does corners and everything :D

I've officially lost patience with Open Lobby. I hate almost everyone I've met in them. Ultimately they've wasted my time today and it really makes me sad because nobody else was on at the time that I showed up. :(

*sigh* Guess I'll look at this car...

EDIT: Wow!

REVIEW: DragonThing's Trans-Cammer

I'm going to be quite honest. I forgot this car was in the game sometimes. I never see it online, I never see it offline, I just...never see it on any track. I drove one in Arcade Mode and learned why I don't see it. What a rubbish cornering ability the car had.

Months later, Sapphire mentions that she's releasing a Trans-Cammer tune and you know what the first thing that came to mind was? I thought it was some kind of Camaro tune, I kid you not. That's seriously how bad it was (the part where I forgot about the Mustang Trans-Cammer's existence). She finally released it and frankly, I was in a really crappy mood when it was released. It wasn't because of the car, it was just because I was having a really bad day and GT5 online didn't help at all. I just shrugged and nabbed the tune, bought a Trans-Cammer and set it up, then took it to Trial Mountain.

Due to how frustrated I was, I naturally was driving far more aggressively than usual at the start. I expected the car to feel every last inch of my anger and kick out into drifts and just be plain wild. I wanted it to bite me really badly. I was testing it to see if it would actually do it. To see if it had the guts to turn against me when I'm in such a foul mood. So what happened?

Well... To my complete shock, the car didn't do anything. It absorbed my frustration like a sponge and cornered like a dream, completely blowing away my expectations of the car's behavior. It didn't try to drift like I wanted it to so badly (because I was itching for it to bite me), oh no. No matter how hard I tried, the car wouldn't lose grip. It would grip drift periodically, but that's it. The car is very relaxed and in turn, it made me relax. I calmed down and just strolled in this car, enjoying every second of it. I didn't want to stop and in fact, I'm only stopping to type this review because I want that freaking Camaro.

Sapphire's Trans-Cammer is a very beginner-friendly car, which is a total contrast to what the original car was. It's decently fast, grips astoundingly, corners like your wildest dreams. All in all, I want this car to represent what American Muscle is. Screw the stereotypes. You watch yourself around a Trans-Cammer now that this beast is available to the public.

Speed: 7/10 (I've seen faster, but it's still pretty impressive coming from this car)
Handling: 9/10 (the handling ability of this car was flipped on it's head. Complete turnaround)
Fun Factor: 8/10 (Definitely feels good ripping through corners so quickly)
Ease of Use: 9/10 (This tune is super easy to use. Very beginner friendly)
Overall: 8/10 (I like this car a lot. I'll be driving it pretty often, I feel. The performance is devastating.)

Last edited:
Wow, I've never seen a review turn up that fast :D I guess I owe someone a Camaro then, for such a lovely review of the Cammer :sly:

*looks at the time stamps* Dang... I didn't think I typed THAT quickly. oAo

Well at any rate, I guess I'll have a Camaro to play with first thing in the morning. For now, I must bid the Trans-Cammer a good night though because I am beat. =w=

Thanks again for posting such a lovely tune! :D

DAMN. DAMN AND FRICKING TRIPLE DAMN. I WANTED THAT CAMARO. :( Ah well, no review required then, I guess.

Or...can I haz one for a review as well? :D please?

Onboy123
DAMN. DAMN AND FRICKING TRIPLE DAMN. I WANTED THAT CAMARO. :( Ah well, no review required then, I guess.

Or...can I haz one for a review as well? :D please?

Does that mean I should stop running in my 599 and finish making a new one? :3

RKM TRANS-CAMMER Review

Test Track: Trial Mountain (Offline)

Tested with all aids off (excluding ABS, set at 1)

1:32.625-
Having read GTM's review of this car, I was all prepared be blown into the weeds by it and to wax lyrical about the cornering, saying something like "It's an American 911 GT3RS" and such. But after a quick drive, I can see that this is nothing of the sort.

First impressions weren't good. The car isn't as sharp or as precise as I'd like it to be. I know cars that weigh 1.7 tonnes have this tendency, more so here given that this is a muscle car, but still…given the spring settings which should bring about sharper front end response, it feels like it's lacking something. The car seems to want to cock a back wheel when you ask it to change directions quickly, and the car seems to want to be cruising down an American back road more than anything else.

Also, I can tell you that I've never taken the tight corners on Trial Mountain quite as conservatively as I did with this thing. Not that this is an issue with the tune, as with a car this long and this old and this crap to begin with, agility would have never been its selling point. And as a result of this, when you compare its speed to others in its class, it's…pathetic, really.

So, from a performance point of view, this car is appalling. No amount of tuning can fill the gaps in the car's behaviour, however much magic RKM uses. This isn't the end of the world though, because when you compare the drive to that of the untouched and untuned counterpart, that's when things start looking up again.

Whereas the stock counterpart is all over the place in the corners with its oversteer and nervous yet blunt responses, this car is an altogether more graceful beast to drive. The car might understeer a tad on throttle if you don't time it right, but when coasting through a corner, it's stable yet responsive. Provided of course that you let the car settle first. If you don't, things get erratic and you'd ultimately end up in a tree somewhere. If you do and play within its limits, this big beast rewards you with the most graceful, gentle slides.

Don't be mistaken then, however stripped the interior is and however powerful the engine may be, this is no racer. This, with the tall 5 speed gearbox and quiet exhaust, is more fit for those who want a mildly showy west coast cruiser. Only now, with the handling tuned to match this laid back feel, it'll dispatch of most Elises with ease.

Yeah, I should've been more clear about the handling ability of the car. I meant to say that it grips to the high heavens, not that it was a sharp turner. Sorry for setting your expectations too high. D:

Yeah, I should've been more clear about the handling ability of the car. I meant to say that it grips to the high heavens, not that it was a sharp turner. Sorry for setting your expectations too high. D:

I was kind of expecting the former anyway, since "Sharp turner" and "High powered Mustang" don't really go together. At least, not without "Smoking tyres" and "Fiery death". :lol: Or "Backwards facing tree", if you're lucky.

I haven't seen two huge reviews being posted practically back to back since we held the premium giveaway. :lol:

I haven't seen two huge reviews being posted practically back to back since we held the premium giveaway. :lol:

Well, you want me to change that? I've got plenty of time in the next month to do so every day like Spec I RKM. :lol: Until I tire of it, of course. :lol:

I just gave the Trans Cammer a go and I still don't like it. Too much understeer on this tune for my taste, even though I got it sideways just by braking for a corner.

I just gave the Trans Cammer a go and I still don't like it. Too much understeer on this tune for my taste, even though I got it sideways just by braking for a corner.

Eh, it's not really meant to get sideways, more to be driven gently. Compared to the stock car, it's an improvement in terms of driver friendliness.

I like my RWD cars to slide, it's easier for me to control than understeer. Think I'll get the super and race exhaust bolted on and give it another go.

I've tweaked the rear end a bit and it's more stable in the corners at Trial Mountain, I can put it were I want it a lot easier now.

Last edited:
With just the blower on it the same car and tune makes 690bhp and scares the hell out of me on the 'Ring, where my final test laps went down. And that alone is special, not many tuned cars ever get to run the Ring offline, only my favorite stock cars get that privelege like the Esprit Turbo HC, the Evora and the Grand National :D

With just the blower on it the same car and tune makes 690bhp and scares the hell out of me on the 'Ring, where my final test laps went down. And that alone is special, not many tuned cars ever get to run the Ring offline, only my favorite stock cars get that privelege like the Esprit Turbo HC, the Evora and the Grand National :D
The 'Ring is hallowed grounds, hence only the best of cars can be driven there. Apart from when you're forced to, of course.

OI! Since I did my review, can I haz an Camaro nao? :D

Onboy123
The 'Ring is hallowed grounds, hence only the best of cars can be driven there. Apart from when you're forced to, of course.

OI! Since I did my review, can I haz an Camaro nao? :D

I'm working for the next 8 hours or so, but don't worry...I'm gonna make you up a 650bhp tyre shredder and send it as soon as I'm home. I'm sure you'll enjoy it until it forcefully removes your tonsils on a tight bend...

I'm working for the next 8 hours or so, but don't worry...I'm gonna make you up a 650bhp tyre shredder and send it as soon as I'm home. I'm sure you'll enjoy it until it forcefully removes your tonsils on a tight bend...

Oh, well, at least it's better than it forcefully removing my…err…never mind. :lol:

Now, gimme some fries, I'm hungry. :dopey:

Onboy123
Oh, well, at least it's better than it forcefully removing my…err…never mind. :lol:

Now, gimme some fries, I'm hungry. :dopey:

Oh it'll do that if you shut the door too hard...should mention that too :3 any special colour ya want? I was thinking of using a nice blue...

Oh it'll do that if you shut the door too hard...should mention that too :3 any special colour ya want? I was thinking of using a nice blue...

Thank you. :lol: At least you bothered to mention it before I had a drive or had it delivered. :lol: Do as you please, I have no preferences…apart from maybe Midnight Purple Pearl…it might not look as good though.

The most bizarre thing just happened:
I was reading this while walking down the road on my mobile, I get to the bit about the Camaro and then look up to see where I'm going, guess what I see?
What the Camaro Deathscythe would look like in real life driving by in front of me. Matte grey with those exact stripes...

trackripper123
The most bizarre thing just happened:
I was reading this while walking down the road on my mobile, I get to the bit about the Camaro and then look up to see where I'm going, guess what I see?
What the Camaro Deathscythe would look like in real life driving by in front of me. Matte grey with those exact stripes...

Or perhaps it was all just a dream and you were actually imagining yourself in GT5 and the Camaro Deathscythe passed you.

Back