M-sport Elise setup

• Thread starter lumPwin555
  • 16 comments
The car is built to oversteer, and has a chronic allergy to kerb, or even vague track surface changes (it's a good job PD didn't bother to simulate "marbles"...).

Set rear suspension components stiffer, set rear camber higher, set front toe to -0.5 or more negative, with rear at zero. Turn ASM off if you have it on. Turn TCS on if you have it off (fnarr). Set LSD settings high (0/60 all round is no disgrace) and short shift when driving. And stay off the damn kerbs.

Hi Lumpwin

Here's a set-up for the Moto at Midfield:

S. Rate: 14.5/14.5
Ride Height: 81/81
Damper B: 6/7
Damper R: 7/8
Camber: 1.6/1.2
Toe: +0.5/+1.0
Stabilizers: 2/1

Brake Balance: 12/13

LSD I: 9
LSD A: 36
LSD D: 27

Gear 1: 2.922
Gear 2: 2.131
Gear 3: 1.632
Gear 4: 1.303
Gear 5: 1.085
Gear 6: 0.943
Final: 3.330
Auto: 18

ASM/TCS: 0

With this, mid 1:09 laps are easily possible and she's very tractible and responsive.

Bear in mind that, as Famines already said, she'll oversteer by nature so on sharp corners you only need a minimal steering input to get things started and then you can do the rest using throttle to gentle the rear end around the turn.

Did these help or hinder? As driving styles vary so widely it's hard to judge if any assistance offered does any good without a response of some kind (even a rude one :D).

Sukerkin, those settings for the Moto are the best! It's one of my favorites to drive now. If you have any other settings for different cars post them!

Thanks for the kudos Fast510 :thumbsup:

It's always nice to be appreciated :).

Although a library of settings from various sources is always useful, learning how to dial a car in to suit yourself is the best goal. Take a look at all the 'general principles' and 'rules of thumb' articles you can find out in web-land and you'll soon start to develop a 'spannering' style that matches your drivinig syle.

However, if you have any specific car/track/tuning level combinations in mind, please feel free to request all here to have a look into it to see if we can help.

Originally posted by sukerkin
Hi Lumpwin

Here's a set-up for the Moto at Midfield:

S. Rate: 14.5/14.5
Ride Height: 81/81
Damper B: 6/7
Damper R: 7/8
Camber: 1.6/1.2
Toe: +0.5/+1.0
Stabilizers: 2/1

Brake Balance: 12/13

LSD I: 9
LSD A: 36
LSD D: 27

Gear 1: 2.922
Gear 2: 2.131
Gear 3: 1.632
Gear 4: 1.303
Gear 5: 1.085
Gear 6: 0.943
Final: 3.330
Auto: 18

ASM/TCS: 0

With this, mid 1:09 laps are easily possible and she's very tractible and responsive.

Bear in mind that, as Famines already said, she'll oversteer by nature so on sharp corners you only need a minimal steering input to get things started and then you can do the rest using throttle to gentle the rear end around the turn.

man, these setting are awesome...

i thought mine were good but with these the Elise Pro Trophy is a walk in the park....

simple...cheers mate

also, the TCS i put to 5....aparts from that...awesome..:)

You're welcome Turbo - I'm pleased to hear that these Elise settings seem to be quite transferrable between drivers (not something that happens often in GT3 where driving style has such a huge impact).

I may be wrong but how do you change the gears and change the auto setting? It cant be done? I cant have the auto at 18 with the gears the way the have them, any help?

Hi Leppy

I'm guessing your problem is that you haven't bought or fitted the Racing Gearbox?

That's the only one where you have control over the gear ratios, the others (Sports & Semi-Race) have a fixed spread.

Hope that helps.

sukerkin
Did these help or hinder? As driving styles vary so widely it's hard to judge if any assistance offered does any good without a response of some kind (even a rude one :D).

Well I;m afraid to say i don't really like having no control over the car but i am doing it on a different track, apricot hill. How should i adjust for that track? The car is faster than the cpus but is a complete animal on corners.

Hi Poly

Yes, the Elise is a difficult car to drive.

The set-up I gave for Midfield will obviously require a little fettling for Apricot Hill, especially as on the first section of that track it is very tempting to ride the rumbles - that's something that's a big no-no with the Elise as the front-end 'grabs' and rotates the car.

Driving style plays a huge role in controlling an Elise - she will quite happily steer on the throttle once you give her a sense of direction with a small input from the wheel. It is a bit like skating tho' and you have to watch her at all times.

Nontheless, I love the way she handles and the Elise (in all guises) is one of my favourite cars in the game (of course, the TVR's are my true passion :embarrassed:).

What particular troubles were you having? Oversteer? Understeer? Excessive 'twitchyness'? Let me know and I'll see if I can help.

sukerkin
Hi Poly

Yes, the Elise is a difficult car to drive.

The set-up I gave for Midfield will obviously require a little fettling for Apricot Hill, especially as on the first section of that track it is very tempting to ride the rumbles - that's something that's a big no-no with the Elise as the front-end 'grabs' and rotates the car.

Driving style plays a huge role in controlling an Elise - she will quite happily steer on the throttle once you give her a sense of direction with a small input from the wheel. It is a bit like skating tho' and you have to watch her at all times.

Nontheless, I love the way she handles and the Elise (in all guises) is one of my favourite cars in the game (of course, the TVR's are my true passion :embarrassed:).

What particular troubles were you having? Oversteer? Understeer? Excessive 'twitchyness'? Let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks for asking, SUkerkin, but I've finished the elise trophy now, after studying many people's opinions. However, since you're offering me help, could you give me a hand with the yaris trophy? That's my next challenge. Did it once but didn't win... :irked: :banghead:

:cheers:

I'm sure if you did a search on this Poly you'd get a sackfull of data as it seems a lot of people have had trouble with this one.

For myself, I didn't find the Yaris series' at all difficult - just max tune the car, tweak the understeer out of her and off you go to victory. I probably have the settings noted somewhere but I don't think they were particularly innovative or special. (standard FF twirls in other words).

If you really can't find anything on the Yaris then I'd be glad to help - just drop a note here or start a new "Yaris Cup" thread and I'll get back to you.

sukerkin
I'm sure if you did a search on this Poly you'd get a sackfull of data as it seems a lot of people have had trouble with this one.

For myself, I didn't find the Yaris series' at all difficult - just max tune the car, tweak the understeer out of her and off you go to victory. I probably have the settings noted somewhere but I don't think they were particularly innovative or special. (standard FF twirls in other words).

If you really can't find anything on the Yaris then I'd be glad to help - just drop a note here or start a new "Yaris Cup" thread and I'll get back to you.

Sure no prob, but I have been looking for a while...

Back