GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
Nope. :lol: The Viper was around 1 second down on my Impreza, but I was half asleep. :lol: As long as it doesn't try to snap or hit the redline in 2nd, it should be fine.

I fiddled with it a little more last night and got a better Gearset now. I'm still working on it because I borrowed the settings from the 1000hp Viper and the feel a tad high for my ~800hp Viper. I do still have a bit of work on the suspension due to snap back on SS tires.

I fiddled with it a little more last night and got a better Gearset now. I'm still working on it because I borrowed the settings from the 1000hp Viper and the feel a tad high for my ~800hp Viper. I do still have a bit of work on the suspension due to snap back on SS tires.

I've tuned a Viper ACR at 900+hp for this event, ever really decided on using it but you could try it out if you want, see if it helps. :lol:

I've been fiddling around with a few cars for Tmax but haven't done any hot laps at Akina with them yet.

Tested an updated version of my 550PP NSX at 460hp,y previous Tmax entry (FD3S) now with about 600 horses and a 600hp Z06. So much potential!

I've tuned a Viper ACR at 900+hp for this event, ever really decided on using it but you could try it out if you want, see if it helps. :lol:

Why not with your imprezza? Would be interesting to see you Imprezza chew those R35.. 💡

Why not with your imprezza? Would be interesting to see you Imprezza chew those R35.. 💡

I'm not entering the Viper, I'm only asking if he wanted a go for some ideas. :lol: I'll still stick with the Impreza unless the R34 woos me through some means that isn't my hybrid version (911kg, 930hp and an awesome look :drool:).

I'm not entering the Viper, I'm only asking if he wanted a go for some ideas. :lol: I'll still stick with the Impreza unless the R34 woos me through some means that isn't my hybrid version (911kg, 930hp and an awesome look :drool:).

Go on, enter a GT-R. I'll enter one as well. :P

Noo, I've made a promise with Rob to do an Impreza v Evo battle in TMax…even though the Impreza will win since it's GT5. :lol:

I won't give it up without a fight :sly: The Evo handles quite nicely without AYC, so I just reverted to using an LSD instead of it because it felt more consistent. I was thinking about a Z06 or Skyline GT-R if you decide to go back and the STI v Evo. I already have all my prospects tuned and ready, just need to know what you're doing.

Hmmm…I'll have a think. :P

Mat's posting results today, yay!

Yeah, it'll be posted today... But it'll probably be posted at late hours, since my internet is so slow. :grumpy:

I'm done with the type-written stuff. All that's needed is to upload the videos, then it's pretty much ready. Problem is, it's taking forever. I've only uploaded 3 videos so far. :grumpy:

Any info, suggestions and criticism are welcome. I got it on share still. I'll leave it on share every time I go to shut off my system or when I'm not using/tuning it. But, to prevent any accusations of questionable actions involving your tune I will refrain from testing your Viper til after Tmax, not you I'm worried about I just don't want to be accused of stealing a tune.

You should have multi-tasked, upload it while you're asleep last night or while you type it up. :P

My internet got disconnected repeatedly last night, and my mother kept telling me to get off the computer. 👎:lol:

Also, I did type it while I attempted to upload the videos, when suddenly, my internet started malfunctioning.

Lastly, I just realized... Why are a bunch of people rushing me to post it? You guys want it to end up like T200? You all know it's going to be posted sometime today. No use in telling me, really. Just wait for the videos to be uploaded.

Last edited:
Any info, suggestions and criticism are welcome. I got it on share still. I'll leave it on share every time I go to shut off my system or when I'm not using/tuning it. But, to prevent any accusations of questionable actions involving your tune I will refrain from testing your Viper til after Tmax, not you I'm worried about I just don't want to be accused of stealing a tune.

Ok then. And don't you worry about that, if that was the case, Slender would have been booted from T300 for "his" Impreza. ;) As long as credit is given (can be as simple as "Thanks to X/Y/Z for the help"), it should be fine. We're not that strict around here. :P

My internet got disconnected repeatedly last night, and my mother kept telling me to get off the computer. 👎:lol:

Take it into your room then. :P

Ok then. And don't you worry about that, if that was the case, Slender would have been booted from T300 for "his" Impreza. ;) As long as credit is given (can be as simple as "Thanks to X/Y/Z for the help"), it should be fine. We're not that strict around here. :P

Take it into your room then. :P

It is in my room... My mother wouldn't stop telling me to get off the computer. :grumpy:

I'm in no rush to see results because.. well, I already know what happens. :sly: Take your time Mat, we have all the time in the world. It gives everyone more time to prepare for TMax if they're not ready already. I'm confident you'll get the results posted right and professionally.

My internet provider is being an 🤬! My connection is even slower than before! In fact, it's close to none! :ouch: It's taking forever to upload the videos! They were already contacted by some of my family members that were annoyed, and yet, they don't seem to care! They said they would have a look at it today, but nothing even happened! I've disconnected so many times in a row, and it drives me insane! Knowing we have to make up for the loss of time, this just had to happen!

Just thought you guys should know, in case I'm unable to post anytime soon. I may lose connection in a few minutes or so...

Also, sorry if this was uneccessary. I just really needed to get this off my chest.

Last edited:
GTP's Hot Version - Touge Showdown Touge 300 Results

Hello and Welcome to another Touge Showdown! Today, we're featuring cars in the 300 horsepower range. Before we proceed, I'd like to make an apology. Everyone knew what happened back in the Touge 200 Class, and that wasn't very presentable... So, for that, I'd like to say sorry for the disorganization T200 has brought. Not only T200, but for everything that had failed to reach our expectations. Let's hopefully learn from our mistakes and use the lessons learned for the betterment of this shootout. Now, LET'S BEGIN!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Korza - Honda S2000 '01

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.331

Sector 3: 57.252 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: A lovely S2000. This car is simply perfect! It’s fast, it’s easy to drive, and it sounds great! There’s lots of grip and I always felt confident in the car’s abilities. It rotates perfectly and never steps out of line. The engine and transmission are smooth in providing excellent acceleration and torque. The LSD prevents lift-off oversteer and keeps the S2000’s playful rear end in line. The suspension allows the car to hug the road and absorb the bumps in it. This car reminds me of what an M3 should be. This is an excellent driver’s car.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- None

Slender’s Impressions: Korza’s AP1 S2000 reminds me of the Spoon S2000 with its speed, Grip & rotation. I enjoyed the transmission as it allows for some good vtec sounds, However I did find that it felt a little stiff mid corner which I think is slowing it down a little...

Pros:
- Good Transmission
- Good LSD
- Great power band

Cons:
- A little stiff mid corner

Mat’s Impressions: Remember SAPPH’s S2000? Well, this car is nothing like that! SAPPH’s car is gentle, and a breeze to drive. This beast, however, is an absolute monster! It would kill any novice behind the wheel! The car is extremely enjoyable, and felt nicely balanced. The suspension and LSD work very well together, and the car sticks to the racing line nonstop! The acceleration, cornering, and driving feel, are all great!

Pros:
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Stability
- Excellent Response
- Extremely Enjoyable

Cons:
- None

Rob’s Score: 100
Slender’s Score: 99
Mat’s Score: 100

Slender_Man - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.222

Sector 3: 56.213 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: Wooow! I thought Onboy's Impreza was excellent, but this car is next level. This car feels better than Onboy's in the corners because it rotates just a little better. This car is the beast of the Touge 300, no doubt. This car does just about everything well. The only thing I didn't like about the car was the transmission. It was a little too short to keep the car in the powerband throughout the main straight, and I found myself shifting more than I thought I needed to in order to stay in it. Otherwise, this car is great. Top notch, right along with Onboy's spec C. Onboy deserves credit for his superb base tune. This is the car I would drive if I wanted to beat someone into oblivion with just 300 horses on tap.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
-Slightly short transmission

Slender’s Impressions: I’m not a Impreza fan but my WRX inspired by Onboy’s beast is possibly one of my finer cars i have ever made. The Grip, Acceleration & rotation are all spot on. I certainly can’t find any faults with the car...

Pros:
- Great Rotation
- Great Acceleration
- Great Grip
- Good Transmission

Cons:
- None

Mat’s Impressions: These are one of those cars where it simply leaves you speechless after driving it... Well, at least in my opinion. It’s astonishing! The way it handles corners, even on cold tires, it won’t fail! The car is very stable and responsive. The acceleration is good, and the car is very enjoyable. The car allows me to punch it on or even before the apex. If you think you’re about to hit the railings or invisible walls of Akina, you’re wrong! The car will lead you and you continue to drive as if nothing happened.

Pros:
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Stability
- Excellent Response
- Great Balance

Cons:
- None

Slender’s Score: 100

Ridox2JZGTE - Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) '91

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.745

Sector 3: 1:00.462 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: This car was quite an interesting drive; it was enjoyable but required a little more concentration to get my corners right. The car's LSD is good, but a little weak, so sometimes the inside wheel slips. The suspension is pretty good but I could feel the car struggling to turn sometimes. I also needed to brake a little harder than I thought I needed to as well, so I didn't feel confident in late braking at all. The transmission was a little weird; I don't think I ever used 5th gear. The car was enjoyable but wasn't very fast. It would be a lot better with a tuned gearbox. And it sounds like a Corvette! How on earth?

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Engine

Cons:
- Moderate Understeer
- Stock Gearbox
- Average LSD
- Average Brakes

Slender’s Impressions: A rear wheel drive R32 is a bold choice and was also a tricky car to tune by the feel of it. I felt the speed of this car was good but it was let down by the stiffness of it. I also felt it needed a little more rotation...

Pros:
- Good Exhaust Tone
- Good Speed

Cons:
- Very Stiff
- Needs more rotation

Mat’s Impressions: Very good and nicely built. However, the car would usually let the rear end slide around during corner exits. The inner wheels tend to spin during the cornering process. Also, I wasn’t quite contented with the acceleration capabilities. I do see the potential in this car though. You can feel the grip, and you can also feel the balance and response.

Pros:
- Excellent Cornering (Entry to mid-point)
- Great Balance
- Great Stability
- Excellent Response

Cons:
-Inner wheel slippage

Rob’s Score: 95
Slender’s Score: 95
Mat’s Score: 96

DCybertron - Ford RS200 '84

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 34.072

Sector 3: 58.408 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: Wow, an old rally car! The car grips well. The car also accelerates well if you short shift... Wait a second! Topping out at 130?! Hm... The car felt a little soft and forgiving, which was nice. But the car didn't really feel like it wanted to turn while on the gas. I think tuning the LSD could have made this car turn a little better and probably would have made it faster. The brakes were also kind of weak... I noticed I could brake a lot later than in other cars, but only because I was going slower than them. The car is nice to drive but it tops out way too soon for Akina, and probably any track that has a straight longer than a quarter mile. If the transmission, LSD, and brakes were improved, this car could have easily landed a 97.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Suspension

Cons:
- Short transmission
- Stock LSD
- Average brakes

Slender’s Impressions: Group B rally heritage on the Touge.. Now that is my kind of fun. I can tell that this car has had some serious time put into tuning it as the suspension & LSD work are a near perfect match. I did note some minor understeer in the car but not enough to stop me enjoying the ride. The transmission is good but it needed to be a little longer in the ratios as i was topping out on the main straight...

Pros:
- Good Rotation
- Great Suspension
- Good Acceleration
- Amazing Grip

Cons:
- Tops out on main straight
- Slight understeer

Mat’s Impressions: For a car in its old age, I’m very impressed! The car is great fun, and won’t make you bored easily. The way it grips is amazing, the acceleration is quick, though short, the rotation is good, and the balance is spot on! My complaint is the about the brakes, and the short transmission. If the brakes were set to a 6/5 or 7/6, it might have been better. Also, for the transmission, set it a tad higher then we’re good.

Pros:
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Acceleration, short gearing though
- Excellent Cornering
- Good Stability
- Excellent Balance

Cons:
- Short Transmission
- Weak Brakes

Mat’s Score: 98

krenkme - Toyota 86 GT '12

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.348

Sector 3: 57.134 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: The first 86 GT! This car feels pretty good; it just feels well-tuned. There is plenty of grip to go around, but sometimes it gets a little squirrely on corner exit. The transmission is excellent and is just a tad bit longer than the course needs, which would be excellent for the tracks that are longer than Akina. The LSD probably could have used a bit of refinement to rid the car of that exit oversteer, but was otherwise great. The suspension worked great with the chassis and allowed the car to turn sharply and flatly. The car comes to a stop excellently and proves to be a big strong point for this car. I only noticed a bit of mild understeer and some exit oversteer on a few corners. The car is safe, stable, and reliable.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Mild Understeer

Slender’s Impressions: I’ve always liked the 86GT, But i like them more when they have 300Bhp...
I thought the transmission in this new age Hachi Roku was great as well as it’s touring car like sound. I felt the car lacked grip in the turns where it pushed wide on the high speed turns and had oversteer on the exit of the tighter turns. Overall I enjoyed the car but felt I needs a few tweaks to make it grip.

Pros:
- Great Transmission
- Good Speed

Cons:
- Pushes Wide on fast turns
- A little soft
- Easy Oversteer

Mat’s Impressions: I’m impressed! The car is easy to drive, yet somehow safe at the same time. Everything is nicely set up, but the car tends to suffer from understeer in sector 1, and oversteer in sector 2.

Pros:
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Response
- Safe to drive

Cons:
- Understeer and Oversteer in various sections

Rob’s Score: 98
Slender’s Score: 97

Rotary Junkie – Toyota 86 GT ‘12

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.145

Sector 3: 57.592 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: This car hangs on to the road excellently! The engine is also smooth and responsive and has plenty of torque to go around. The transmission is excellent and smooth shifting and suits the car on this track perfectly. The stock LSD surprised me because it works really well for this car, but allows a tad of exit oversteer to add to the car's playful nature. The suspension is tight but feels great. The car brakes excellently and surprisingly feels better than Roj's, but I can't put my finger on why. This car is solid but not quite as fast as the other two 86's.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Slightly tight suspension

Slender’s Impressions: Another 86GT on the touge which i found quite fast with the custom close ratio transmission it had. The grip was ok but the car would over steer is pushed to hard which might be down to it having a stock LSD. I also thought it needed a little more rotation.

Pros:
- Great Transmission
- Good Speed

Cons:
- Needs more rotation
- Sometimes oversteers

Mat’s Impressions: So, you’ve got your Initial D inspired car, on an Initial D inspired track. (Well, by name atleast.) That’s good enough, right? Wrong! Okay, how ‘bout some Initial D music to go with it? Yes! Anyways, this car is very enjoyable and very straightforward. You point the car towards this direction, it goes there without hesitation! The overall drive is really smooth, and when you feel like drifting, just pick up the pace and punch it hard! It’ll do just that! For some reason though, the ride becomes a bit too stiff, along with a few minor setbacks such as minimal rotation and such.

Pros:
- Very Straightforward
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Response

Cons:
- Minor suspension setbacks

Rob’s Score: 99
Mat’s Score: 99

SolidSnake7735 – Nissan Silvia K’s DIA Selection (S13) ‘90

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 34.792

Sector 3: 59.481 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: The car grips okay. The engine is good and torquey, but the transmission is awkward if you don't know that you're supposed to short shift, but the car accelerates excellently if you do. The LSD is weak because it allows way too much corner exit wheelspin. The car also doesn’t rotate too well off the throttle. The car brakes decently, but it only feels average. The car has way too much wheelspin to feel confident accelerating around corners. If this was improved, the car would feel a lot better. The car just feels playful and not very fast.

Pros:
- Good Grip.
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent Acceleration
- Good Brakes

Cons:
- Exit Oversteer
- Mild Understeer

Slender’s Impressions: Running an older car is always going to be tough in the shootout, and this S13’s acceleration was very good I felt. Overall I found the car to be quite fun but I found it was quite loose on corner exit’s which slowed it down a little...

Pros:
- Good Acceleration
- Good Rotation

Cons:
- Loose on corner exit

Mat’s Impressions: I found this car to be rather responsive and enjoyable. The way it corners is pretty loose on exit, however. The acceleration is great and the car pulls away fast! The car also feels nicely balanced.

Pros:
- Excellent Acceleration
- Great Cornering
- Excellent Response
- Great Balance

Cons:
- Loose on exit

Rob’s Score: 96
Mat’s Score: 96

Optomoscrime – Mazda Roadster RS (NC) ‘07

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.470

Sector 3: 57.767 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: This little car is pretty fast! It accelerates like a rocket! It also grips the road pretty well, with excellent rotation. The engine is excellent, as is the transmission, but it’s way too long for Akina. The car’s LSD is a little weak and allows a bit of inside wheelspin, kind of like Ridox’s R32. The suspension is great and feels smooth and responsive to inputs. The brakes were a little weak, as I had to stop a lot earlier than I thought was necessary to clear some corners. This car just feels like a fast go-kart and I love it.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent Suspension

Cons:
- Average LSD
- Average Brakes

Slender’s Impressions: I see the local hairdresser spent some money on his Miata :lol:. Let’s get serious the transmission in this car has been set very well as you are always in the power band. The engine scream makes it sound like it’s had a Vtec transplant and the rotation is good, However the LSD needs a bit more work I think...

Pros:
- Good Grip
- good Rotation
- Good Power Band
- Great Transmission
- Good Suspension

Cons:
- LSD needs more work (Maybe)

Mat’s Impressions: This sure is one hell of a pocket rocket! I’d love to see the look of people’s faces once they get passed by this thing! Apart from the wheelspin and longer braking distances, there’s nothing else I’d change! It’s an epic car, and it offers an epic drive! It’s really nimble and easy to maneuver!

Pros:
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Response

Cons:
- Slight Wheelspin
- Longer braking distances

Slender’s Score: 98

Onboy123 - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C '04

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 32.562

Sector 3: 56.269 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: This car is.. insane. It just grips the tarmac. There's no drama. There's no fight. This is a pilot's car, the kind of car that you take around a track and think "I can do better than that." after a hot lap. The transmission is nice for keeping the car in the powerband. This car accelerates quickly and feels light and nimble. It pushes a little when the tyres are cold, but once the car is warmed up it obeys your every whimsical command. It has just a tad of understeer when on cold tyres, and rotates excellently when they’re warm. This is a top notch tune. Onboy really knows how to teach an old dog new tricks.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
-None

Slender’s Impressions: Onboy knows his Impreza’s and it shows when driving this WRX..
The rotation is insane along with its speed, I found i was getting some grip loss from the rear going into turns under braking, But that only helped it with its exit speed. Great car 👍

Pros:
- Insane Rotation
- Great Acceleration
- Great transmission
- Touring Car sound

Cons:
- None

Mat’s Impressions: Yet again, Onboy has entered another Impreza. Just like his season 1 Impreza, this one takes the cake, making it one of the fastest we’ve seen today! So, what do I think? It’s fast, it’s responsive, it’s stable, and it’s also a huge thrill to drive. However, unlike Slender’s Impreza, this one tends to suffer from juuuust a bit of understeer. When on warm tires though, that is almost entirely eliminated, and the car takes advantage of everything it could. The car is definitely exciting and would eat up anything in its way! So, final words? Unleash the Beast!

Pros:
-Excellent Acceleration
-Excellent Stability
-Excellent Cornering
-Excellent Response
-Excellent Brakes
-Excellent Transmission

Cons:
-None

Slender’s Score: 100

Hei – Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) ‘91

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.735

Sector 3: 57.881 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: Ah, the only GT-R in the competition. This car grips the road well and has an excellent engine and transmission. Even with this combo, the car is quite a slow accelerator. The car’s LSD is excellent and allows the car to put the power down well. The car really doesn’t like to go around corners while not on the gas, however. It hardly rotates and just kind of slowly goes in the direction you want it to. Turn in is excellent but it struggles around the middle of the corners. The car stops very reliably and quickly. The car would feel a lot better with some more camber and maybe some higher ARBs.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Mild Understeer
- Average Acceleration

Slender’s Impressions: The only GT-R in the shootout and it kinda left a mark having run tow R32’s in LotS myself i know how these cars act. The Rotation on this GT-R was very good along with its grip, However i did notice some stiffness mid corner..

Pros:
- Good LSD
- Good Exhaust Note
- Good Rotation

Cons:
- A little Stiff mid turn

Mat’s Impressions: After appearing back in T300 Season 1, Hei returns with his R32 GT-R, which I see has drastically improved. The understeer has been decreased, the acceleration is quicker now, and the car grips more than ever! The car seems nicely balanced, and it responds easily. However, there is a hint of slow turn-in.

Pros:
- Decreased Understeer
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Cornering

Cons:
- Slow turn-in

Rob’s Score: 97

robrabbitman - Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Tinme: 33.040

Sector 3: 57.331 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: My own car. I will try my best to sound objective and as unbiased as possible. The cars grips well, as naturally expected from an AWD. The rotation is great off throttle, but is a little lacking while on it. The 6 speed close-ratio works great with this car and track, but anything longer than the main straight at Akina and you'll be losing out. The LSD is great for keeping the lift-off oversteer in control and keeping the car glued to the road. The suspension is great but can cause a bit of understeer at times if you are lead-footed. The car brakes excellently; this is a trait I find on a lot of modern Subarus. The car is great, but it is not as excellent as Slender's nor Onboy's, nor is it as fast around the entire course as either.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Mild Understeer

Slender’s Impressions: Impreza number #3 from Rob is the ’07 WRX and this one packs some grip..
Rotation is good but pulls wide on exits a little bit. Other than that i found no faults with this car...

Pros:
- Good Rotation
- Good Transmission
- Good LSD

Cons:
- Runs wide on Exits

Mat’s Impressions: This Impreza is the one that got me pumped up the most! The brakes were strong, the cornering was great, the acceleration was quick, and the car was great fun! The car challenged my on to a whole new lever! However, I found that the car has a trait that all Impreza’s possess... Understeer. It’s quite evident on the corners after sector 2, where the road starts to change elevation. The front tires tend to burn out on those types of corners. The hairpins, however, is great fun! Turn in from the outer lance, clip the apex, and the power surges immediately!

Pros:
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Brakes
- Excellent Transmission

Cons:
- Mild Understeer

VTiRoj - Scion FR-S '12

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.482

Sector 3: 57.380 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: The 86 GT's American brother. This car felt a little better to me than krenkme's because it rotated a little more. There was a lot of grip, but it is not as planted as the 86s. The transmission was great, but both 86s' felt faster and smoother. The LSD and suspension work in harmony to provide excellent grip and rotation. My only gripe with this car was the brake balance. It felt difficult trying to trailbrake and maintain stability because I'd get a little bit of oversteer. The car feels and drives great and was quite fast, but I couldn’t always be confident in my braking.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension

Cons:
-Brake Balance

Slender’s Impressions: Wow this FR-S looked nice on the Touge!! Way to make a car look like it belongs here Roj this car had possibly the best transmission i have ever used on this car and the rotation was good. Only thing i did take note of was how easy it was to find the breaking point of traction exiting turns...

Pros:
- Excellent Transmission
- Good Rotation
- Fast corner speeds

Cons:
- Easy to brake traction

Mat’s Impressions: Damn, this car was fun! I loved taking advantage of the oversteer while tackling the corners at high speed! What a thrill! Though, however, it may be a hindrance during battle. That, of course, was the result of being a leadfoot. After my first lap, I tested it much seriously then. The traction tends to break easily during mid-corner to exits. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes such a great drive!

Pros:
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Cornering
- A great thrill ride!

Cons:
- Rear Traction

BobbyBRAKEaNek – BMW 330i ‘05

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.930

Sector 3: 59.183 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: This car turns really well! There’s a lot of rotation here. The engine is excellent but the car accelerates kind of slowly compared to the other cars. The transmission is a little short for this track, but it’ll do. The LSD allows for a bit of corner exit wheelspin, but the suspension works well on this track. The brakes are excellent on this car as well. This car is great but needs the LSD set down a tad to improve confidence. And.. don't even get me started on the exhaust note. It sounds like a ricey Honda! :lol:

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Engine
- Good Transmission
- Good LSD
- Excellent Suspension
-Excellent brakes

Cons:
-Exit Oversteer

Slender’s Impressions: Bobby is back again with another BMW, But this time he’s brought his 330i to the field. I found the acceleration and rotation of this car were good but it was all let down by how easy it is to get the rear of the car to drift on the exit of the turns...

Pros:
- Good Rotation
- Good Acceleration

Cons:
- LSD needs Work
- Lack of rear end grip

Mat’s Impressions: I’m definitely impressed since this car was an unexpected turnout. What this car could manage really surprises me! Despite the weight, it turns really nicely! It does tend to show excessive oversteer, however. The acceleration isn’t too fast, but it’s still acceptable. The suspension and LSD were well put together, and lastly, the transmission is just right for this track. A bit of extending won’t hurt though.

Pros:
- Great Cornering
- Excellent Response
- Great Balance

Cons:
- Oversteer

Slender’s Score: 94

Winters Noble - Acura NSX '91

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 34. 121

Sector 3: 58.472 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: Ahh, the NSX. Honda/Acura's beautiful V6 supercar. This car handles very well. It always got around corners just the way I wanted it to. However, I did notice some lift-off oversteer in some corners and the outside front tyres glowing, and some exit oversteer, both of which could be bad for a novice in an MR such as this. This car stopped nicely and had a neutral balance, which was great for weight transferring. The transmission was excellent as well and provided excellent acceleration for the power the car has. This car could be a little faster if it lost a little more weight, but it’s great on the touge and for cruising.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Transmission
- Good LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Lift-off oversteer

Slender’s Impressions: This car feels so natural and balanced that I could feel that this was a daliy driver. Good rotation combined with simple setting I could find only one thing I disliked about this car which was i\I felt a little soft. Even if this NSX isn’t the fastest in this competition I still enjoyed driving it. 👍

Pros:
- Natural feel
- Good Rotation

Cons:
- A little Soft

Mat’s Impressions: I really love this car! It’s just too bad there are a few things that set it apart from being a perfect NSX. Firstly, the outer tires tend to burn in low speed corners. Second, the lift-off oversteer, which is often present when preparing to enter a tight corner. The rest, however, were excellently achieved! Like Rob has mentioned, the car would be a tough challenge for a novice. So, it better be in the hands of an experienced racer.

Pros:
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Acceleration
- Great Stability

Cons:
- Outer wheel slippage

SAPPH - Honda S2000 '06

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.264

Sector 3: 57.560 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: Grip! This car grips like an angry Chihuahua on your heels! The engine was smooth and responsive; it's just what the F22C should be! The transmission was very good, but had room for improvements as there were times where I couldn't downshift when I wanted to without hitting the rev limiter. The car feels very planted and stable, and that inspires a lot of confidence. However, it runs very tight and can understeer a bit when pushed to its limits. There is never any wheelspin to speak of. The car could benefit from some softer spring rates and a revised transmission. This would be a great car for a beginner to practice touge in. This car gets my Special Award for being an amazingly easy, fast, fun, and stylish car.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Stability
- Confidence Inspiring

Cons:
- Mild Understeer
- Slightly awkward transmission

Slender’s Impressions: This car drives and feels like it belongs at the track & on the Touge... The sound this thing produces as it rips round the sector is great and you can feel that the suspension and LSD have been tuned wisely. I felt the car needed a little more rotation as is some corners i felt i was running a little wide.

Pros:
- Racing car feel
- Good Acceleration
- Good LSD
- Good use of Wing

Cons:
- Needs more rotation

Mat’s Impressions: Looks, speed, grip, stability, you name it, and all that may possibly be here (Possibly). The car itself is very easy to drive, especially for an FR. There isn’t much oversteer, but there may be a hint of understeer here and there. Wheelspin isn’t very much present here, as the suspension and LSD have been well tuned. My only complaint is the understeer. No matter, this car looks great, feels great, and is very gentle on beginners... Well that didn’t sound as I thought it would...

Pros:
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Wheelspin management
- Excellent Stability

TanJaM92 - Mazda Mazdaspeed Atenza '05

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.857

Sector 3: 58.597 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: A Mazdaspeed Atenza.. what's the difference between this and a normal FF Atenza? I'm not sure. This car has excellent grip, but understeers a lot. I tried my hardest to run this car quickly, but the understeer made it very difficult. Nevertheless, there were some things I really liked about the car. It had great grip on the road and the engine/transmission combo was smooth. The LSD was very good as well, providing no slip on or off throttle. The car also braked excellently. This car would have been much better had the understeer been tuned out. I think the car does not need the wing and its handling suffers because it has one. It makes the car difficult to drive and harder to drive fast. If the wing was removed, I think this car would have rotated a lot better.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Engine
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent LSD
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Severe Understeer
- Unnecessary wing

Slender’s Impressions: This car was an interesting choice and proved to have a great amount of grip from the start. I noticed the car felt heavy which i believe was part of its slow acceleration. I also thought the car needed more rotation.

Pros:
- Great level of grip

Cons:
- Feel Heavy
- Needs more Rotation

Mat’s Impressions: The car has a lot of potential, yet I know there is something holding it down. The weight, and the understeer, perhaps the wing too. Anyhow, the acceleration is good, the grip is there, and it isn’t far off with the other cars, based on the records I’ve set. I’m sure it’ll do better with a refined tune.

Pros:
- Good Cornering
- Good Response

Cons:
- Severe Understeer
- Heavy feeling
- Wing

Rob’s Score: 94
Slender’s Score: 93
Mat’s Score: 93

Jackthalad - Mazda Efini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.436

Sector 3: 58.828 (Set by Slender)

Rob’s Impressions: This car has insane acceleration! It's jaw dropping! I reached 147 on the main straight, whereas all my other cars hit about 142. The engine was superb; it was responsive, smooth, and torquey. The transmission was also great; a 5 speed is always good for a classic Japanese car. The suspension was also very good and allowed for excellent rotation. However, the LSD could have been improved. It allows for a little too much spin which slows down corner exits quite a bit and leaves me feeling a bit unconfident about touching the gas. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the car even though it was kind of a handful. This is definitely not for the novice touge driver, but great in the hands of a master.

Pros:
- Excellent Grip
- Excellent Rotation
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent Suspension
- Excellent Brakes

Cons:
- Exit Oversteer

Slender’s Impression: I’ve always found the FD3S to be a pain to tune and after taking out Jack’s FD i can see there’s time well spent here. The grip, rotation and suspension work are all very good, But the dreaded oversteer demons have come to play, it’s not huge but its enough to put you into a nice drift..

Pros:
- Great grip
- Good rotation
- Good acceleration
- Good suspension

Cons:
- Oversteer on corner exit

Mat’s Impressions: The car is such a blast to drive! If I were to name one of my favourite cars, it would be the RX-7! With my previous experiences with my RE Amemiya FD, I could tell that it would punish a leadfoot. Now, this car becomes such an easy drive. The car grips so well! It just takes everything it could! The cornering is insane, the acceleration is astonishing, and the car is great fun! For a leadfoot though, you’d have the car sliding around. Unlike a regular RX-7, you can push the throttle more than usual.

Pros:
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Cornering
- Excellent Balance
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Stability

Cons:
- Exit Oversteer

fbccars924 – Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ‘90

Rob’s Sector Time:
Mat’s Sector Time: 33.831

Sector 3: 59.721 (Set by Slender)

Rob's Impressions: An old FC! What a beautiful car. This car feels a little odd. It turns nicely but the LSD just kills the cornering confidence. The car has a nice, smooth, torquey engine and a nice and long transmission paired with it. The suspension is soft and causes a bit of understeer but is otherwise great. The problems start with the LSD and the brakes. The car’s LSD is set to basically create exit oversteer in every corner and that killed my cornering speed and confidence a lot. The brakes were set too low (ABS 0 balance?) and caused very long stopping distances. The car needs brake and LSD improvements.

Pros:
- Good Grip
- Excellent Acceleration
- Excellent Transmission
- Excellent Suspension

Cons:
- Exit Oversteer
- Fair Brakes

Slender’s Impressions: I find that the FC3S RX-7 is a rare sight at Touge due to the tailhappiness of the car, But this FC seems to have had that problem toned down enough for the car to have a decent amount of grip. Rotation is good once the tyres are warmed up and the acceleration is good. I felt the suspension was a little soft at time causing me to run wide in some turns...

Pros:
- Good Grip
- Good Acceleration
- Good Rotation

Cons:
- A little soft
- Minor Oversteer

Mat’s Impressions: Since I’ve been tuning my FC for many months now, I’ve grown accustomed to the FC, and it is one of the cars I feel somewhat close to. The car almost felt like mine, except for the less amount of power, and this one somehow oversteers in corner exits. That’s one point that could be fixed, or improved. Once the tires warm up, though, that’s when things turn out nicely.

Pros:
- Great to drive
- Excellent Response
- Excellent Balance

Cons:
- Corner exit oversteer

Mat’s Score: 97

Alright! Now that the evaluations are complete, let's head on to the Semi-Final Battles! The cars that made it into the semi-finals are the highest average pointers. They are:

Slender_Man's Subaru Impreza Sedan spec C Type RA '05 with 100 Points

Onboy123's Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C '04 with 100 Points

robrabbitman's Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 with 99 Points

SAPPH's Honda S2000 '06 with 99 Points

Korza's Honda S2000 '01 with 99.6 Points

Here's how the battle will go:

Semi-Final Battle 1: robrabbitman's Impreza vs Slender_Man's Impreza (Rob will be driving Slender's car, while Slender will be driving Rob's car.)

Semi-Final Battle 2: Semi-Final 1 Winner vs Onboy's Impreza

Semi-Final Battle 3: SAPPH'S S2000 vs Korza's S2000

Semi-Final Battle 4: Impreza Winner vs S2000 Winner

Final Battle: Semi-Final 4 Winner vs RX-7 FD3S (T300 Touge Monster)

Which of these cars will make it to the top? Let's find out!

Semi-Final Battle 1
robrabbitman's Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07
VS
Slender_Man's Subaru Impreza Sedan spec C Type RA '05

robrabbitman will be driving Slender_Man's car.
Slender_Man will be driving robrabbitman's car.

ROUND 1

Lead Car: Slender's Impreza
Chase Car: Rob's Impreza

WINNER: Slender_Man's Impreza

ROUND 2

Lead Car: Rob's Impreza
Chase Car: Slender's Impreza

Semi-Final Battle 2
VS
Onboy123's Subaru Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C '04

Slender_Man will be driving Onboy123's car.

ROUND 1

Chase Car: Onboy's Impreza

ROUND 2

Lead Car: Onboy's Impreza

WINNER: DRAW! Slender_Man's Impreza Overall

Semi-Final Battle 3
Korza's Honda S2000 '01
VS
SAPPH's Honda S2000 '06

robrabbitman will be driving Korza's car.
Slender_Man will be driving SAPPH's car.

ROUND 1

Lead Car: Korza's S2000
Chase Car: SAPPH's S2000

WINNER: Korza's S2000

ROUND 2

Lead Car: SAPPH's S2000
Chase Car: Korza's S2000

WINNER: Korza's S2000

Semi-Final Battle 4
VS
Korza's Honda S2000 '01

Slender_Man will be driving Korza's car.

ROUND 1

Chase Car: Korza's S2000

WINNER: Slender's Impreza

ROUND 2

Lead Car: Korza's S2000

Slender's Impreza dominates the competition! Will he be able to go against the defending Touge Monster? For this final round, the drivers themselves will go against each other in their own cars, since they know it best. Rob will be driving his FD, in an attempt to defend his title! Will Slender reign as the new champion? Let's get on with it!

Final Battle
robrabbitman's Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
VS

ROUND 1

Lead Car: Rob's FD3S

ROUND 2

Chase Car: Rob's FD3S

And we have a new champion! Slender_Man and his Subaru Impreza! The FD3S was such a contender too. Keeping up with the Impreza in an FR was a challenging task. Well, that ends Touge 300, season 2! Until next time! We hope you've enjoyed!

Producer:
Mat123

Drivers:
robrabbitman
Slender_Man
Mat123

Recordings:
Mat123

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED SUPPORT THIS SHOOTOUT

Last edited:
Argh…I ain't doing too well this season it seems, lost it at T200 where I won last time, and then I lose what was supposed to be the one that was in the bag. T300 really came way too late and there goes my advantage…

…Can't say much more than that though, Slender won fair and square…with a good base tune. ;)

Now then…where's the 750hp nutters and the GT86s?

Argh…I ain't doing too well this season it seems, lost it at T200 where I won last time, and then I lose what was supposed to be the one that was in the bag. T300 really came way too late and there goes my advantage…

…Can't say much more than that though, Slender won fair and square…with a good base tune. ;)

Now then…where's the 750hp nutters and the GT86s?

TMax... or maybe before. :lol: ;)

I lost as usual :D, say Onboy have you got the Evo that I sent you again ? I used my daily limit, it must have been sent, I left a comment too on the gift ticket.

I lost as usual :D, say Onboy have you got the Evo that I sent you again ? I used my daily limit, it must have been sent, I left a comment too on the gift ticket.

Hey, difference is, I had both of those within reach, and then one dragged on and that cost my two chances to stand in 1st. :lol: Yea, got it. Still a nutter, but god it's good fun.

^+1 I got just a little more tweaking to do to my Viper. But, As soon as Tmax is over I'm gonna start working on the FC 2.0 for T300 next season.

Back