Engine Displacement Upgrades for ALL cars

live4speed
In post 18 you called a 4 cylinder drag car that could go as fast as a 9 second V8 one was a rice burner, then in post 22 you said agreed that rice referred to a car with an inline 4 engine and non performance enhhancing mod's, so that's either admitting your post 18 comment is inaccurate ie wrong, or it's a continuity **** up in your viewpoint of what a rice burner is, since a 9 second drag racers mods are hardly, non performance enhancing.

I don't mind you liking V8 engines more than anytinhg else, but say you like them more than anything else, they have pro's, they have con's, they can be better for a certain situation or they can be worse etc.

yeah, your point being?
i consider all 4's rice really, whether they run 9 second passes or not
i know they can go fast
but theres nothing more amusing to me than seeing a hyundai excel with a 4 inch cannon :lol: mmm droning :yuck:
thanx for allowing me to like v8's by the way

throttlehappy
yeah, your point being?
i consider all 4's rice really, whether they run 9 second passes or not
i know they can go fast
but theres nothing more amusing to me than seeing a hyundai excel with a 4 inch cannon :lol: mmm droning :yuck:
thanx for allowing me to like v8's by the way

Then something like the Lotus Elise is a ricer then? What kind of logic is that?

comet_65cali
RB series nissan motors, no matter what car really, can be increased to 3.0L Stroker kits.

RB's came factory 3.0L (RB30E) in Australia and New Zealand.

gooseter
The RB 30 is already 3.0L unless I am mistaken, and can be bored and stroked to 4.5L (with the use of titanium sleeves and such).

Youhave any proof of a 4.5l stroker? First I've ever heard of it.

Just so you guys know, there are vehicles other than Skylines that can have the displacement increase.

The B16-powered Civics(EGs and EKs) and CRX(possibly Del Sol too) can use the upgrade as well. It's a popular upgrade for them in reality, since the Integra uses the B18, a stroked version from the factory.

VQuick
Just so you guys know, there are vehicles other than Skylines that can have the displacement increase.

The B16-powered Civics(EGs and EKs) and CRX(possibly Del Sol too) can use the upgrade as well. It's a popular upgrade for them in reality, since the Integra uses the B18, a stroked version from the factory.

are there any NON JAPANESE cars that can have this done?
v8's for example

throttlehappy
jsut me? "The Skyline is to the best of my knowledge, the only car in GT games that's ever been able to have it's displacement increased, so it's not like it's discriminating against anything non Japanese." thats exactly what there doing!!! descriminating against anything non Japanese/skyline by only having those cars able to take that mod!
english is my only laungauge :rolleyes:
maybe you should take a lesson
sure 4 and 6's can go fast but it depends on what you like
vrrrrroooomm vrrrrooooooom or rin tin tin chsssshhhh's (rice burners)
you dont see top fuel dragsters running inline 4's or 6's
or racing le mans for that matter
f1 orginally began with v8's didnt it?
i wonder why? more potential maybe

what is the right amount of tuning anyway?
200k on a 4 cylinder :lol:

Ya but you cant go to to supermarket with a le mans car, so you cant distinguise a 4 or 6 cilinder just because a le mans is faster. you want to go racing to work? com'n man lets be realistic

Nismo_GTR
Ya but you cant go to to supermarket with a le mans car, so you cant distinguise a 4 or 6 cilinder just because a le mans is faster. you want to go racing to work? com'n man lets be realistic

i dont want a le mans car
i dont even partically like le mans cars, other than the esperante
you can however go to the supermarket in a 5.7 or 6.0 commodore :)
i normally drift to work

throttlehappy
i normally drift to work

You work to pay for your tyres, damage and potential fines that you incure on the way to work?

VIPERGTSR01
You work to pay for your tyres, damage and potential fines that you incure on the way to work?

ah...no
i work to make money.
doesnt wear your tyres out if its wet
as much anyway
ive only got around 16 tyres under the house :)

throttlehappy
ah...no
i work to make money.
doesnt wear your tyres out if its wet
as much anyway
ive only got around 16 tyres under the house :)

So it normally rains in your area of Australia?

The old Mini, but's that's only in the Japanese version's of the game :lol:.

throttlehappy
nah, i live in the desert :rolleyes:

I think I should be the one giving the rolleyes smilies with your silly (unproven) claims.

VIPERGTSR01
I think I should be the one giving the rolleyes smilies with your silly (unproven) claims.

omfg :lol:
listen i dont really give a ****
tyres arnt a problem, as ive burnt out a set or 2 in the last couple of months
ill gladly post some pics in my gallery, be sure to check them out
are you anal or what

Post pictures of you drifting your car? sure, post em up.

anal? I just ask for proof.

VIPERGTSR01
Post pictures of you drifting your car? sure, post em up.

anal? I just ask for proof.

the pictures ive posted are out on back roads
i dont have someone filming me while i drive to work :rolleyes:
if i can smoke em in the dry i think i can smoke em in the wet

which reminds me ill have to pick that rubber out of my guards :lol:

Yeah burnouts are nice but I think we have a different views on drifting, I was referring to proper drifting (entering corner sideways, holding the drift, linking etc), on the way to work.

Not just wheelspin and powerover out of corners.

VIPERGTSR01
Yeah burnouts are nice but I think we have a different views on drifting, I was referring to proper drifting (entering corner sideways, holding the drift, linking etc), on the way to work.

Not just wheelspin and powerover out of corners.

whatever
i know what drifting is.
proper :lol: holding it sideways around any corner is drifting
especially doing 5 to 5 1/2 thousand revs

If your into cars why don't you come and post in the car forum? This is a Gran Turismo forum in general but we have tons of automotive talk, pictures (including our own cras), video's etc.

VIPERGTSR01
If your into cars why don't you come and post in the car forum? This is a Gran Turismo forum in general but we have tons of automotive talk, pictures (including our own cras), video's etc.

because i have a seperate forum thats got all the info i need

who accuses someone of not being able to drift? it's pretty easy, as long as you have an open road. by that I mean I know some pretty bad "grip" drivers who can easily swing the ass-end of their car all over the road, into, through, and out of corners. the mindless bickering sounds like me and my family. it's funny too.

I can buy a bore and stroke kit for a 98 2.4L 4cyl Grand-Am, let alone a freakin Camaro or Vette. I think we all know this has been yet another stupid, mindless, culterally insensitive detail purposefully overlooked by PD. American cars are only in the game because they have to have some.

LeadSlead#2
who accuses someone of not being able to drift? it's pretty easy, as long as you have an open road. by that I mean I know some pretty bad "grip" drivers who can easily swing the ass-end of their car all over the road, into, through, and out of corners. the mindless bickering sounds like me and my family. it's funny too.

I can buy a bore and stroke kit for a 98 2.4L 4cyl Grand-Am, let alone a freakin Camaro or Vette. I think we all know this has been yet another stupid, mindless, culterally insensitive detail purposefully overlooked by PD. American cars are only in the game because they have to have some.

i know, me and my silly unproven claims :lol:

Ok, back on topic...

It's always confused me that you couldn't upgrade the displacement on many engines in GT4. Even more confusing was when I found out that you could increase a sub-2.0 liter engine's displacement, but not a Chevy 350 or Pontiac 389s. My engine is bored .030 over, and that was just to clean it up when I had it rebuilt! Live4speed, I agree with you, but I doubt it has anything to do with the manufacturers saying "we don't want people to be able to increase the displacement on our engines". I think the manufacturers rarely, if ever, are involved in what mods the cars are "allowed" to receive. Even so, I doubt any american manufacturer (except may Chrysler, they can be weird sometimes) would have any problem with it, especially since you can BUY upgraded, modded, bored out, etc. engines directly from GM to put in whatever car you want.

However, this upgrade is pretty pointless, just like the "sports chip" or "port polish", because they don't take into account the original condition of the engines, there's no variability or differentiation to them, or more detailed resulting changes such as a higher compression ratio due to higher displacement, or complementary effects of mods. Until they're more realistic with the mods, I don't really care that much, because it's pretty much arbitrary as it stands right now.

And Throttlehappy, please don't continue to verify the world's stereotypes of the US. We're not all ignorant, closeminded rednecks, so don't act like one. Even if you were entirely correct, be more diplomatic and less confrontational with the way you present it. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

JTSnooks
And Throttlehappy, please don't continue to verify the world's stereotypes of the US. We're not all ignorant, closeminded rednecks, so don't act like one. Even if you were entirely correct, be more diplomatic and less confrontational with the way you present it. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

verify what?
i live in australia :lol:
confrontational, jesus
get used to it d***

^^ You behave like a 12yr old fanboy as you obvioulsy thing there is nothing better than a V8 and that four pots like the Evolution and Impreza suck. Every type of engine configuartion has its advantages for different things mate.

Back