Cars To For Sale

• Thread starter pierreb7
  • 10 comments
I’m sure this is a newbie question however can someone explain to me why some of the High end cars cannot be purchased from the Car dealers are they a tease of what? Also, some cars I have won in my garage cannot be sold and have incomplete specs? Thanks.

Most of the cars you see in the dealers that you cannot buy can only be won by completing a series of races. To know where to get these cars, you can check out the few Prize Car lists we have in our Games Guides section (one for each version of the game).

As with the cars you can't sell in your garage, I don't there's a logic explanation for that, unless you just can't sell concept cars because they're priceless, but don't take my word on it as I'm not totally sure.

The incompleted specifications of cars, I think it means that PD just don't know what they are, as they might be a concept car and no offical figure was released.

Any car that's shown as "Not For Sale" means that you must win it, or achieve it by passing missions. There's an FAQ at the top of this section of the forum listing all the possible prize cars for your version of the game. You can also buy it from someone who has it on their own game save, and thus, trading it from another memory card.

Incompete specs are usually because the information about the car wasn't available to Polyphony Digital, or it's a "fantasy" car that doesn't really exist. But in any case, you can find out the power and weight of any vehicle by using the drop-down boxes and selecting "power" or "weight", even if the specs are hidden.

Many prize cars have no value; they can be bought from another memory card for 200,000 credits.

Edit: G.T beat me to it.

I don't know why the specs are incomplete and some cars they cannot be sold, it's just a fact... maybe the latter has something to do with balancing the game.
I do know why you can't buy some cars: you'll have to win them. They are there to tease a bit I think.
Some high end cars can be bought though. Look around and you'll find some high end cars that you can buy (Pescarolo Sport has some for example).

edit: Pupik AND G.T. beat me to it....with more complete answers :(

iLex
edit: Pupik AND G.T. beat me to it....with more complete answers :(
That's why I thought twice before answering; but I figure with 0 replies and 1 view, nobody wanted to answer the question.

With 30-200 members at the busiest section of GTPlanet at any given time, it's bound to happen!

Pupik
That's why I thought twice before answering; but I figure with 0 replies and 1 view, nobody wanted to answer the question.

With 30-200 members at the busiest section of GTPlanet at any given time, it's bound to happen!
Hehe very true. Yours was the best answer anyway. ;)

GT4 is fairly consistent in regards to what cars have no resale value:

• 2002 Acura_____ DN-X
  • 2004 Acura_____ HSC
  • 2003 Audi______ Le Mans quattro
  • 2003 Audi______ Nuvolari quattro
  • 2003 Audi______ Pikes Peak quattro
  • 2002 Cadillac__ Cien
  • 1988 Chevrolet_ Camaro IROC-Z Concept
  • 2002 Chevrolet_ Silverado SST Concept
  • 2000 Dodge_____ Viper GTSR Concept
  • 1978 Dome______ Zero
  • 2002 Ford______ GT Concept
  • 2001 Honda_____ NSX-R Concept
  • 2001 Hyundai___ Clix
  • 2001 Hyundai___ HCD6
  • 2002 Infiniti__ FX45 Concept
  • 2004 Land Rover Range Stormer Concept
  • 2003 Mazda_____ Kusabi
  • 2001 Mazda_____ Mazda6 Concept
  • 2005 Mazda_____ Mazdaspeed 6
  • 2005 Mazda_____ MX-Crossport
  • 2001 Mazda_____ RX-8 Concept (Type-I)
  • 2001 Mazda_____ RX-8 Concept (Type-II)
  • 2001 Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac
  • 1989 Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept
  • 2003 Mitsubishi i
  • 2022 Nike______ One
  • 2001 Nissan____ GT-R Concept (TokyoShow)
  • 2002 Pontiac___ Solstice Coupe Concept
  • 2002 Pontiac___ Sunfire GXP Concept
  • 2003 Suzuki____ Concept-S2
  • 2001 Suzuki____ GSX-R/4
  • 2004 Toyota____ Motor Triathlon Race Car
  • 2001 Toyota____ RSC
  • 2001 Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept

• 1915 Ford______ Model T Tourer
  • 1886 Mercedes__ Benz Patent Motor Wagen
  • 1886 Mercedes__ Daimler Motor Carriage
As you can see, they are all concept cars, with the exception of the last three which are the +90 year old historics.

Seeing as concept cars are never sold commercially, it stands to reason why PD elected not to offer any of them for sale and not to assign them any resale values.

Digital-Nitrate
Seeing as concept cars are never sold commercially, it stands to reason why PD elected not to offer any of them for sale and not to assign them any resale values.
As I recall, a few years ago Ford sold a bunch of one-off concept cars, many of which had no running gear, and they weren't worth all that much to the buyers. They sold for about 5-40 thousand dollars for a bunch of old equipment.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=travel&res=9B06E2DE153CF937A25755C0A9649C8B63

Pupik
Incompete specs are usually because the information about the car wasn't available to Polyphony Digital

Which is a little odd, if you think about it. I mean, they MUST have given the cars a power rating, some weight and decided which wheels to drive, yet they can't share this information with us...

You can also found out the power, weight and drive type of any vehicle by taking it to the track in Arcade Mode - it's all at the top of the screen there.

Famine
Which is a little odd, if you think about it. I mean, they MUST have given the cars a power rating, some weight and decided which wheels to drive, yet they can't share this information with us...
...or we can take this very simple route: PD made another mistake.

Latest Posts

Back