turbo lag what car has the MOST

For some reason I kind of like cars with lots of turbo lag especially if I am just racing for fun. I was wondering wich car in GT4 has the most turbo lag? The supra's IMO arent bad for turbo lag, I would say the option stream Z has the most especially with a stage 4 turbo !!! I would go wot from 1k to 4k to get the car moving but once boost comes in it just wants to light up those tires lol

what else is there for lots of turbo lag?

I've used the Pikes Peak Escudo for a Grand Canyon Rally, and I can tell you that the turbo lag is VERY yes.

It's highly likely you'll love that car, if you love turbo lags. Weird taste, I must say. :)

It's not GT4, but the cars in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 0 had tons and tons of turbo lag, if I remember correctly. Even if they weren't turbocharged. :lol:

For some odd reason, it takes about 10-15 seconds for the cars to actually begin accelerating if you start from a dead stop.

I agree, it's the Option Z Stream. It actually takes you a couple of seconds to revv it up to 5000RPM, and then it gets better. However, starting from 6500RPM, it simply flies up. Hell, this car has no engine (or simply a Kei-car one), but a huge-ass turbo.

Rockrapdude: You simply keep your RPM within the power range (the RPM range where the turbo is active), and this way, you can effectively drive, even on technical tracks, with a stage-4 turbo.

ya the option stream z is kind of a chalenge to drive sometimes I just go in tokyo and try to drive normally and stop and go stop and go... and it gets pretty difficult I am wot from 1k - 4k but then after that I have to be carefull so it wont go into boost so much lol It would be a nightmare to drive that in real life city streets

I'd say the Escudo is the worst. Even if it may not have the highest amount of lag, it is the most dramatic about it. Up to around 5500rpm the engine is lazy and needs full throttle to get rolling or get up into the powerband in neutral. Once the turbo kicks in you have 900lb-ft and 1000hp attempting to move the thing. I've driven it around Nurb before and I think its a blast. As long as you keep it in the right gear it doesn't have much trouble. If you adjust the gears make sure that shifting from redline doesn't drop you below the powerband.

djblackmon
I want to try out the Escudo turbo lag, but I didn't get it yet. Does anybody know where/when can I get it??
Special Condition Events - Hard - Yosemite I.

AMG.

Option Stream Z, Feels restricted if you start from idle but get's better up top, dunno about the escudo, haven't got it yet.

Wolfe
It's not GT4, but the cars in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 0 had tons and tons of turbo lag, if I remember correctly. Even if they weren't turbocharged.
:lol:

In answer to the original question, by far the worst car for turbo-lag (surprised nobody else has mentioned it) is the HPA Motorsports VW Golf MkIV StageII Bi-Turbo on full turbocharge tune. This car has the worst power curve I've ever seen, and is considerably worse than the race-prepped Zs :P :eek:

The Escudo Pikes Peak (even though it's not called that any more, GT4 refers to it as the Dirt Trail version) is not in the same league as that VW Golf. You don't hear that every day :lol:

DE

What about the Chapparal? The one that has like 1100HP when fully modded. It has those fan things on the back. The turbo lag on that is really bad.

Dark Elite
:lol:

In answer to the original question, by far the worst car for turbo-lag (surprised nobody else has mentioned it) is the HPA Motorsports VW Golf MkIV StageII Bi-Turbo on full turbocharge tune. This car has the worst power curve I've ever seen, and is considerably worse than the race-prepped Zs :P :eek:

DE

I would have to agree, the R32 and the option streem Z do have by far the worst turbo lag in the game. Not to mention power curves. And as I said to DE before in the 300mph thred, both of those cars have powerbands the size of a coffe drinking-chain smoking midget.

Yeah, its that small

I have been playing the game from the start again just racing prize cars and I have been using Option Stream Z a lot. It's very laggy if you come to a complete halt, especially off the asphalt. It's always worth keeping momentum with this car and never worth going off the track, because you will lose a lot of seconds picking up speed again. But it's a very powerful car, so you more than make up for it's laggyness in the straights.

Boz Mon
What about the Chapparal? The one that has like 1100HP when fully modded. It has those fan things on the back. The turbo lag on that is really bad.
The Chapparal has a huge V8 engine. Even with stage 4 the turbo lag is negligable. The problem with that car lies in the three speed slushbox more than the powercurve.
I also think we are thinking of the wrong kind of turbo lag. Turbo lag is actually how long it takes for the turbo to spool up at WOT at any RPM. That's why cars like the Veyron have large amounts of low end power but still suffer from turbo lag.

Yellowbird... Get out of the "interesting" part of the rev range and you'll wait a summer to get back in...

Wait, I'm confused. Does GT4 simulate Turbo lag?

I though it only simulated boost response (as clearly pointed it out in a similar thread to this). Can some one please explain further on this.

I have to say, a car with the most "lag" seems to be any car with a Stage 4... I usually buy an original turbo where I can.

I´m surprised noone has mentioned the Mitsubishl Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR... with a stage 4 (or even 5, wich is supposed to be better at this very issue) it has hopeless lag.

well if you look at their boost gauge its completly wrong!!!! if you go wot in the low rpm you can still have full boost wich is impossible with these cars ( stream z, VW R32 ... ) I am trying to know wich car feels like their is no hp being produce in the low end of the rpm due to the size of the turbo. Due to the lag on some vehicles named in this thread when you drive them like daly driving it is almost impossible due to the lag you have to go wot on the low end of the rpm but you have to be carefull once you come across the mid-range rpm you will have to start lifting off the throtle this has to be done very fast cause the boost comes in fast once the turbo starts spooling

I dont if any of what I said made sence lol this is my opinion so if someone wants to explain this more if I wansn't clear enought that would be cool

660cc in a kei car with a big turbo is noticeable. My Suzuki Wagon R RR is drops to 4000rpm at launch on Stage 3 Turbo.

Amuse Carbon R. nuff said. VW atleast has AWD to apply the sudden power, but this is rwd drifter with one huge turbo. first it feels like grocery getter, and then it bites your head off like some old group B car would.

I'm experiencing some turbo lag in the Supra :crazy:

Especially in 1st and 2nd gear. This car is so amazing, it accelerates slower then a stock RX7 in the first two gears but one in 4th 5th and 6th... holy ****!

It looks like almost everyone here is not using the term "turbo lag" correctly. You must clarify if you are talking about boost threshold or turbo lag. They are different and often confused.

from Wiki: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_lag)
"Lag is not to be confused with the boost threshold; however, many publications still make this basic mistake. The boost threshold of a turbo system describes the minimum turbo RPM at which the turbo is physically able to supply the requested boost level. Newer turbocharger and engine developments have caused boost thresholds to steadily decline to where day-to-day use feels perfectly natural. Putting your foot down at 1200 engine RPM and having no boost until 2000 engine RPM is an example of boost threshold and not lag."

To be clear:
Putting your foot down at 1000 rpm and waiting til XXXX rpm to get boost built is boost threshold.

Putting your foot down at 5000 rpm (or anywhere above boost threshold) and waiting X.X seconds for boost to build is turbo lag.

thegreatms
It looks like almost everyone here is not using the term "turbo lag" correctly. You must clarify if you are talking about boost threshold or turbo lag. They are different and often confused.

from Wiki: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_lag)
"Lag is not to be confused with the boost threshold; however, many publications still make this basic mistake. The boost threshold of a turbo system describes the minimum turbo RPM at which the turbo is physically able to supply the requested boost level. Newer turbocharger and engine developments have caused boost thresholds to steadily decline to where day-to-day use feels perfectly natural. Putting your foot down at 1200 engine RPM and having no boost until 2000 engine RPM is an example of boost threshold and not lag."

To be clear:
Putting your foot down at 1000 rpm and waiting til XXXX rpm to get boost built is boost threshold.

Putting your foot down at 5000 rpm (or anywhere above boost threshold) and waiting X.X seconds for boost to build is turbo lag.

I am SO lost right now...... That was not a very clear clarification...

Back