Scrolling Horizontal line appearing?

• Thread starter Quisp
  • 5 comments
Ive been weeding thru the threads and cant find any mention of this.

I just got a PS3. I have an older rear-projection HDTV that does 480p/1080i. Im using component cables on my PS3.

Anyway, I noticed in the PS3 menus, a scrolling horizontal ghosting appearing. My uncle just got a ps3 also, and mentioned that the same thing was appearing on his, in-game also(but much fainter). I suppose its fainter because the menu is black background where its more prominent.

Is this a known issue?

Um.. it's not burn-in, Viper. This moves.

I've seen only one official mention of this on the Westinghouse FAQs, where they say it's a problem with the grounding of the TV.

Unofficially, people say to try a different set of cables, and this apparently makes a difference. Although if you're already using Sony cables, there's not much else to try.

Um.. it's not burn-in, Viper. This moves.

I've seen only one official mention of this on the Westinghouse FAQs, where they say it's a problem with the grounding of the TV.

Unofficially, people say to try a different set of cables, and this apparently makes a difference. Although if you're already using Sony cables, there's not much else to try.

Well, it does make a difference, and I think it may be just from TV to TV, which really sucks. My Sony Cables work fine on my TV, but have the lines on my friends, yet his 3rd party GS cables don't have a line...so hoenstly, I have no idea what it is.

Cheap (2 for $5) Adapter: effective solution used to eliminate the Horizontal Bars, Buzzing Sound, etc. problems caused by the ground loop that is produced by the Three-Prong PS3 power cord.
pRS1C-2266744w345.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-3-prong-grounding-adapter-2-pack--pi-2104010.html

Back