Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
A good turn out this week, well done all. Congrats to GPKart, theman631 & DJ Baker for their division wins and all the remaining poduim places. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Week 99 Results:
Ford GT40 Race Car ‘69 @ New York

wrs99.png

(WRS PhotoMode Winner is...arora ๐Ÿ‘)

® indicates that a replay has been provided and needs to be checked.
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked.

Please Note: .

All Gold time replays are required for veification, and this weeks random replay selections are: jmgyro & Smallhorses. (no division 3 this week)

Division 1:
  1. 1:21.927 - GPKart
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Sjaak)
  2. 1:21.945 - Mr P
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Gingiba)
    1:22.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:22.287 - fasj6418
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 1:22.335 - FinaL ExaM
  5. 1:22.642 - KLR142
  6. 1:22.713 - kennythebomb
  7. 1:22.854 - rmk700
    1:23.000 ----- Bronze
  8. 1:23.134 - AngelCreator
  9. 1:23.471 - MisterWeary
  10. 1:23.773 - Casio
    1:22.529 - jmgyro
    bflagtp3.gif
    (Failed to provide the requested replay in time)
Division 2:
  1. 1:22.891 - theman631
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Smallhorses)
  2. 1:23.156 - arora
    gflagjn4.gif
    1:23.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:23.449 - sjaak68
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 1:23.497 - Cspang21
  5. 1:23.617 - Smallhorses
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Sphinx)
  6. 1:23.920 - lotus350
    1:24.000 ----- Bronze
  7. 1:24.062 - NightmareHunter
  8. 1:24.345 - jake73
Division 3:
  1. 1:24.909 - DJ Baker
    gflagjn4.gif
    1:26.250 ----- Gold
  2. 1:26.953 - ERacer
  3. 1:27.124 - peterjford
  4. 1:27.296 - Bigracer
  5. 1:27.531 - gtbadboy
    1:28.000 ----- Bronze
    1:22.740 - Jetboys427
    bflagtp3.gif
    (No Replay Device to make it official)
Quick guide to replay checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing-Super-Soft and that the power is 592 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle

well done all, congrats to the golds but most of all: well done jerry! dono what our lives would look like without you mate. too bad jetboys cant prove his excellent performances over the past few weeks ...

Congrats to all how master this beast without a wing within all this walls ๐Ÿ‘

Edit: @ Jerry, just notice that poll is missing :)

@ Ron, I would love to be able to watch our laps displaying together, we were so close in every split but I'm sure there were moments we change positions ๐Ÿ‘

here is my replay

Attachments

• GPKart_WRS_99_(1-21-927).max
    23.3 KB · Views: 13
Congrats to all! That was one heck of a race between GPKart and Mr P eh?:cheers:
I have to echo Bigracer here, way too bad Jetboys can't submit a replay those are some awesome times!!

Jerry thanks for another great week!๐Ÿ‘

Onward

Edit: @ Jerry, just notice that poll is missing :)

Done. ๐Ÿ‘

I would just like to add:
A number of drivers leave me a message in their WRS lap time submission PM's. I just want you to now that I do read them and enjoy doing so. Sadly however, I just haven't the time to reply back to you all. Hope you understand and keep those messages coming. ๐Ÿ‘

Man i can't believe i forgot to submit my lap, so here it is and this was after only one session 1'22.849.
Well done to GPKart for your overall win and to all who managed to get gold ๐Ÿ‘

Well done to all winners ๐Ÿ‘

I enjoyed the little battle I had with Corey (Jetboy) and truly he should be in D1 and not D3.

I feel that my performance this week validates that I should still be in D1 - recently I have been feeling slow compared to other drivers; but I can see that if I actually give it my all I can still compete on a D1 level. And that makes me happy.

ATTN KLR142:

"Anywho, I'm satisfied with this lap, but am still on the quest for more because I'm in that mood. I haven't been this into GT4 for a while, so it feels good to have some free time on my hands and going at it. Thanks for the kick in the butt Kenny.

More than that much of a gain at the line...!? And my old split's final sector wasn't that bad either!"

Too bad I can't properly quote you.

But yeah I was surprised that you beat me, and now I know why. Just took a look through the week 99 thread which surprisingly is already archived. Well I'm glad I inspired you to do better, even though you beat me. :)

Well done to all winners ๐Ÿ‘

I enjoyed the little battle I had with Corey (Jetboy) and truly he should be in D1 and not D3.

I feel that my performance this week validates that I should still be in D1 - recently I have been feeling slow compared to other drivers; but I can see that if I actually give it my all I can still compete on a D1 level. And that makes me happy.

I'm glad you got your teeth into this one, and hope you can do the same for week 100 ๐Ÿ‘

Regarding Jetboy, he has stated himself that this isn't his first visit here at the WRS, and he also clearly admits that he has been aware of our replay device policy for some time. After reading this I can't think of any good reason to believe that Jetboy will be forthcoming in regard to supplying us with an acceptable replay format for verification. He therefore stays where he is for now. ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to GPKart for pipping me at the line ๐Ÿ‘ Congrats to theman631 and DJ Baker for the division wins also :cheers:

This was a great combo and would like to see the GT40 in the mix somewhere down the road in a future event :cool:

Here's a video of my lap as I still cant lay my hands on my usb device for the maxdrive since Kel misplaced it :grumpy: I will upload any missing replays asap ๐Ÿ‘

Laters
Ron.

I'm glad you got your teeth into this one, and hope you can do the same for week 100 ๐Ÿ‘

Regarding Jetboy, he has stated himself that this isn't his first visit here at the WRS, and he also clearly admits that he has been aware of our replay device policy for some time. After reading this I can't think of any good reason to believe that Jetboy will be forthcoming in regard to supplying us with an acceptable replay format for verification. He therefore stays where he is for now. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks :) It's very unlikely I'll put the same effort into Week 100 seeing as how we just used my favorite car, but who knows we'll see eventually right.

I agree that he probably won't be buying a replay device so of course he can't be moved up in divisions - but if his times are true (which I have no reason to doubt him) he obviously would be at the D1 level. Anyway he just needs to buy himself a Maxdrive and get it done with :)

Here's a video of my lap as I still cant lay my hands on my usb device for the maxdrive since Kel misplaced it :grumpy: I will upload any missing replays asap ๐Ÿ‘

Laters
Ron.

Very clean and smooth driving, Ron. Your T2 - end is so much cleaner than mine, that was amazing.

great video Ron.

I am pleased to know my lines are pretty much spot on. The big difference as I can observe? The speed you carry through the corners, leaving me to believe I'm not aggressive enough..............Hmmmm. I'll have to work on that.:mad: :banghead:

Man, Ron, you make it look like you planned that lap! Haha, the smoothness, the placement of the car... I see I should've tried out using third gear for a couple spots, maybe. Where you using 320 gearing? Coolness, very nice!
Hope you understand and keep those messages coming. ๐Ÿ‘
Absolutely, been that way ever since I started submitting, I expect no less/more! :)
great job racing to everybody. looking forward to el cap ๐Ÿ‘
Indeed man! This week's results are nice and tight in each division, and I managed to stay ahead of the rest of Division too, so that was reassuring.
Man i can't believe i forgot to submit my lap, so here it is and this was after only one session 1'22.849.
Well done to GPKart for your overall win and to all who managed to get gold ๐Ÿ‘
Ahhh! Sorry to hear that man! You better learn from your mistakes! :P

ATTN KLR142:

"Anywho, I'm satisfied with this lap, but am still on the quest for more because I'm in that mood. I haven't been this into GT4 for a while, so it feels good to have some free time on my hands and going at it. Thanks for the kick in the butt Kenny.

More than that much of a gain at the line...!? And my old split's final sector wasn't that bad either!"

Too bad I can't properly quote you.

But yeah I was surprised that you beat me, and now I know why. Just took a look through the week 99 thread which surprisingly is already archived. Well I'm glad I inspired you to do better, even though you beat me. :)
:) I had my eyes set on you as soon as your splits got a hair ahead of mine... I figured I might still have you at the line when you had the 56.9xx T2, but then you came back with that 56.6, and I felt good with some time on my hands... ๐Ÿ‘

Oh, and if someone wants to update the splits board for this week(99), that would be coooool... As in, bump up the latest split times, and change Final Exam to the proper blue color. Should make the division split look a little better.

Heck, someone give me control over that thing and I'll try to help out with it where I can...

Awesome car! Great racing everyone. ๐Ÿ‘

Here's my NTSC replay.

Attachments

• WRS 99 DJ Baker.max
    24 KB · Views: 10
:) I had my eyes set on you as soon as your splits got a hair ahead of mine... I figured I might still have you at the line when you had the 56.9xx T2, but then you came back with that 56.6, and I felt good with some time on my hands... ๐Ÿ‘

Again, good job on the improvement :)

Oh, and if someone wants to update the splits board for this week(99), that would be coooool... As in, bump up the latest split times, and change Final Exam to the proper blue color. Should make the division split look a little better.

I doubt anyone except you really cares about that. The leaderboard is a rough guide and nothing more. It is a means to an end, and the end has already been posted. Week 100 is up, and so the Week 99 leaderboard is outdated.

don't take this the wrong way, it's just a general question as i'm new to OLR rules

is Rons lap actually considered clean? cause at 0:45 he's taking the turn right outside of the curbs (between them and wall) with all wheels. my understanding was that the curbs limit the tracks, even on the city courses?? i bet i'm wrong about this but it would be good to know ;)

don't take this the wrong way, it's just a general question as i'm new to OLR rules

is Rons lap actually considered clean? cause at 0:45 he's taking the turn right outside of the curbs (between them and wall) with all wheels. my understanding was that the curbs limit the tracks, even on the city courses?? i bet i'm wrong about this but it would be good to know ;)

Week 99 Race Specifics:

All you have to do is avoid the walls.​

It's a good idea to pore over the Guidelines for each week's race as they tend to differ slightly sometimes :)

On city courses (i.e. completely walled courses) the general rule is to not hit the wall. Everything else is OK.

EDIT: Treed, or should that be bombed?

I know the rules and it's not that I am avoiding them, it's just that I cannot abide by them entirely for the time being. That being said, I appologize for wasting others' time, and say that if you (Sphinx) wish I hold from competing until I get the device then so that will be (Appreciated if you would PM me with your verdict.). I want to go about this as fair and as level-headed as possible, and I want to keep all of your respect.

edit: Sorry, I forgot to congradulate the winners for their great times. ๐Ÿ‘ Good Showing to GPKart and Mr.P., and the rest of the podium winners.

Cheers,
Jetboy

I know the rules and it's not that I am avoiding them, it's just that I cannot abide by them entirely for the time being. That being said, I appologize for wasting others' time, and say that if you (Sphinx) wish I hold from competing until I get the device then so that will be (Appreciated if you would PM me with your verdict.). I want to go about this as fair and as level-headed as possible, and I want to keep all of your respect.
[/i]

You can race here for as long as you wish. ๐Ÿ‘

The only problem we have is that I cannot place your fast unverified times above those members who have been verified in the past and whom have taken steps to prove their times. If you don't mind having your times placed below the results table, then carry on. ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to all the top spots ๐Ÿ‘ and all the rest who kept it clean :)

Attachments

• arora wk99 ntsc.max
    21.9 KB · Views: 11
Week 99 Race Specifics:

All you have to do is avoid the walls.​

It's a good idea to pore over the Guidelines for each week's race as they tend to differ slightly sometimes :)

See, it's good i asked cause i actually read that line and my understanding was that the specifics are rules additional to the standard rules. Now i know they can actually replace a rule :) thanks for the info

See, it's good i asked cause i actually read that line and my understanding was that the specifics are rules additional to the standard rules. Now i know they can actually replace a rule :) thanks for the info

That's a valid point.

In almost all GT OLR racing, bumping walls or other cars is strictly forbidden unless it's an endurance race.

In most shorter races, it is up to the admin's discretion as to whether going past rumble strips is legal, etc.

In the WDS (Weekly Drag Series), I am the admin and I make the rules - and they change every week to make it interesting :)

I'm just curious: How were you guys attacking those 90º's?

I used 350 Gearing and tugged on the handbrake a lot (without TCS).

Cheers,
Jetboy

I'm just curious: How were you guys attacking those 90ยบ's?

I used 350 Gearing and tugged on the handbrake a lot (without TCS).

Cheers,
Jetboy

wow. that's sure one hell of a fast time with that gearing and braking technique ๐Ÿ‘

It was also really unsteady. I had more than a few times a fast lap and then stuffed it right at the bends leading to T2. So, I learned to brake till the last second, tug and blip the throttle... The car had enough grip to work it. :D

Cheers,
Jetboy

Back