gt complete lists

would you prefer a page dedicated to showing members' gt completions?

• yes, i would like to see how i compare to fellow gtplanet members

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • not really, i wouldnt want to show my gt statistics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't mind, i may post up my stats, may look at others or may not use them at all

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
Dudley
mattfeeder18
mattfeeder18
ive just completed gt4p with all gold licenses. ive noticed in the profile that there is a gt4 completion and licenses. for now ive put my completions in my sig. but i was wondering whether there should be a place on the forums maybe where each member could fill in all details about each of there gt games (from 1 to 4 and possibly hd) so people can see where they compare to each other?

ive just completed gt4p with all gold licenses. ive noticed in the profile that there is a gt4 completion and licenses. for now ive put my completions in my sig. but i was wondering whether there should be a place on the forums maybe where each member could fill in all details about each of there gt games (from 1 to 4 and possibly hd) so people can see where they compare to each other?

There's an ancient thread somewhere around here that does just that. There are two problems with it though, half the people who posted in it haven't been seen herabouts in ages, and those who still are here haven't been updating it.

As it is, many people (like you) put their license totals and completion stats in their sigs, plus, you can also put it in your profile. But you can only put your GT4 stats in your profile.

well maybe not a forum or posts in a thread. maybe a page dedicated to just the lists where you can have a rank number depending on percentage complete, licenses, points, etc. and then you could see what you need to do to get to the next rank number and so on. just an idea?

feeder18, could I possibly trouble you to use grammar to the best of your ability?

Thanks,
Danny.

Danachronism, could I possibly trouble you to use grammar the the best of your ability? You didn't capitalize Feeder's name, yes, I know that feeder didn't either, but that doesn't mean you need to make that mistake as well does it? Also, while a comma is correct to go after your "Thanks" at the end, a period does not go after your name.

Thanks,
Ender

I think my point is made, Feeder's grammer is by far not the worst on the boards, his post was reasonably readable. A missed capitol letter here, etc,. But overall it's readable. I don't think we should jump on someone until they hit l337 speak or one entire post without a single punctuation mark or something.

Danachronism, could I possibly trouble you to use grammar the the best of your ability? You didn't capitalize Feeder's name, yes, I know that feeder didn't either, but that doesn't mean you need to make that mistake as well does it? Also, while a comma is correct to go after your "Thanks" at the end, a period does not go after your name.

Thanks,
Ender

If his username isn't capitalised, his name is effectively not capitalised. Just how he typed it when signing up.

S31Ender
I think my point is made, Feeder's grammer is by far not the worst on the boards, his post was reasonably readable. A missed capitol letter here, etc,. But overall it's readable. I don't think we should jump on someone until they hit l337 speak or one entire post without a single punctuation mark or something.

I realise it's by far and away not the worst, hence my polite request rather than "lolzzzzz get back 2 school".
In what way am I 'jumping' on him?

Actually, I don't appreciate how you're jumping on me, despite asking politely for a minor change to an otherwise good post.

Also, I think you mean capital.

Edit: You also appear to have a rebellious comma.
A missed capitol letter here, etc,. But overall it's readable.

ok. my writing isnt perfect. i dont use capital letters, well i dont know why not, but i dont. but it is readable. i dont right 'lyk dis' or 'lol' everything. please dont turn this thread into a quibble over my writing. pm me if you really have a massive urge to, if it bothers you that much. sorry. but i cant change just like that. when i write 'proper' things like names or places, or parts of the game guides (when i get round to it) i do use capitals. but once again sorry.

Omigosh, Ender, shouldn't you be answering directly feeder's question instead of going off topic and ranting on and flaming users for their bad (or lack thereof) of punctuation?

Feeder, your request, although valid, is something I see (personally) as too much. While there have been threads covering this issue (you're welcome to revive them withsomething of substance), the fad has more or less died down, especially since it's been 2+ years since the release of GT4 and many of our current members probably didn't even get the chance to play the previous games in the series... I've played them all, but to be honest I can't remember how many medals I got in the licences or what level of completion I achieved... except for that 98.6% (or something like that) in GT3.

Signatures work for most people, although if Jordan can implement it into the profile, then he could probably do it for every other GT game. I think he's waiting for the newest version of GTPlanet to be rolled out (GTP9?) before we see big changes. And now, the numbers:

GT1: 100% (all races won) | GT2: 98.2% (silly NTSC version) | GT3: 100% | GT4: 98.8% | All other filler/teaser GT games: 0%

Latest Posts

Back