Art In Motion - 1st Update

• Thread starter GreatAsaf
  • 16 comments
assinaturatf7.jpg

No Photoshop editing, no makeovers...just crystal clear pictures.

12/08/2007

Mercedes Benz 190E Evo II

Opel Calibra V6 DTM

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo II

Toyota RSC Rally Raid

13/08/2007

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo II

Nissan 350Z LM Concept

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"

Suzuki GSX-R/4

I love the first three shots, but if I had to pick one shot it would have to be the first shot.

great pictures and they aren't dark, which is great. I should recommend only that you resize the pictures. In spite of that they are great.👍

hah, Nicely stated, "no editing", i never have edited my GT photos either.. +rep..

BTW: What's that font you got on the banner? Care to share?

Thanks guys for the comments.

As i say here, i don´t edit the photos because i don´t like at all the "photoshop makeovers" done by various guys, which try to keep the eyes away from the most important points of photographies and what makes taking them so special.

That´s what i try to do with my photos, avoiding any unnecessary editing and choosing carefully the scenes,angles and positions of the photographed object. Trying to "feel" the motion and lines of the car and scenery also helps giving the final touch to the photo...

Hope you like it guys.

BTW: What's that font you got on the banner? Care to share?

No problem at all. The font i used in the banner is called Tele-Marines.

Great photos to start with ... I expect you will put some TT pictures soon
anyhow not all photoshop users here care nothing about photography
some of us are highly obsessed about tonal balance, composition and lighting
we just take photography to another level :)

Wow :eek: ......they look excellent for a 1st photo sets.....amazing how well you capture the photos without using photoshop.Just awe inspiring 👍 :drool: I also did an unedited 1st photo set,but it turned out okay but not as good as yours.Now all i need is go to photography school and i'm all set to go...... :lol:

Great photos to start with ... I expect you will put some TT pictures soon
anyhow not all photoshop users here care nothing about photography
some of us are highly obsessed about tonal balance, composition and lighting
we just take photography to another level :)

I know... :cool: But some photos i see in some galleries...shouldn´t really be there.Not really your gallery Franz, by the way...your photos are mouth dropping stuff.

Despite of that, there are some great photoshop guys here in this forum.

As for TT gallery, i already have some photos taken.I must say that i´m currently liking TT more than GT4...those bikes are just awesome to take photos.

As i say here, i don´t edit the photos because i don´t like at all the "photoshop makeovers" done by various guys, which try to keep the eyes away from the most important points of photographies and what makes taking them so special.

That´s what i try to do with my photos, avoiding any unnecessary editing and choosing carefully the scenes,angles and positions of the photographed object.

I don't think that's true at all, mate.
Most of the guys around here that do a lot of work with photoshop on their shots are truly excellent at taking the shots within GT4 (and in real life, for that matter - some are photography geeks in a good way).
They pay a lot of attention to angle, composition and everything to get the shots just right and balanced, before they edit them.

So, that's just a wrong assumption. Photoshop gurus aren't photoshop gurus to makeover poorly taken shots, it's taking great shots to a whole new level and having fun doing it.

I don't think that's true at all, mate.
Most of the guys around here that do a lot of work with photoshop on their shots are truly excellent at taking the shots within GT4 (and in real life, for that matter - some are photography geeks in a good way).
They pay a lot of attention to angle, composition and everything to get the shots just right and balanced, before they edit them.

So, that's just a wrong assumption. Photoshop gurus aren't photoshop gurus to makeover poorly taken shots, it's taking great shots to a whole new level and having fun doing it.

Yes you´re true.But as i said, "some" (very few i might say) shouldn´t really be here...And they are somewhat "makeovered" with some great photoshop skills.

A great photo is a great photo...we shouldn´t really need to change it to make it great.And i can´t really see any effect or edit that´s obligatory to make a great photo even better IMHO.And that´s what i try to do (in GT4 and RL)...but that´s just me.

Well, off-topic apart, thanks for your comments guys.

The way I see it, nobody should be limited to what Gt4 offers in terms of image appearance.
Standard unedited GT4 images tend to look 'all the same' after a while, and editing them - slightly or heavily - is up to anyone, to make it a more personal shot. (I still don't know if you're including me on the 'very few that shouldn't be here'), but it's ok.

As a simple example, you have the shot of the Audi Quattro with the Lancia you just posted. The rims are perfectly still, which means if fails in terms of action on the shot. If you were to have the rims moving, you'd have to lower your shutter speed, and as the Quattro is near the camera it would be almost completely blurred. This is easily done with photoshop.
On another example, shots 1 and 2 of that last batch are way too dark, easily fixed in seconds with any editing software.

That's just what I'm saying here, it's up to everyone's personal tastes to change the shots and to what extent (sp?) they're willing to do so.
You have some photos here, but that doesn't mean they're the best around, photography-wise.

But it's a fresh thing to have a gallery with only unedited photos, especially if they look good like yours do, I'll be sure to keep checking. Good luck with it. 👍

The way I see it, nobody should be limited to what Gt4 offers in terms of image appearance.
Standard unedited GT4 images tend to look 'all the same' after a while, and editing them - slightly or heavily - is up to anyone, to make it a more personal shot. (I still don't know if you're including me on the 'very few that shouldn't be here'), but it's ok.

As a simple example, you have the shot of the Audi Quattro with the Lancia you just posted. The rims are perfectly still, which means if fails in terms of action on the shot. If you were to have the rims moving, you'd have to lower your shutter speed, and as the Quattro is near the camera it would be almost completely blurred. This is easily done with photoshop.
On another example, shots 1 and 2 of that last batch are way too dark, easily fixed in seconds with any editing software.

That's just what I'm saying here, it's up to everyone's personal tastes to change the shots and to what extent (sp?) they're willing to do so.
You have some photos here, but that doesn't mean they're the best around, photography-wise.

But it's a fresh thing to have a gallery with only unedited photos, especially if they look good like yours do, I'll be sure to keep checking. Good luck with it. 👍

Off course, there are photographies way better than mine.And i´m always willing to hear some comments and suggestions,like you did.

And no...you´re not one of the "shouldn´t be group", don´t worry.As a way of respect for everyone, i will not reveal it, as it is my own opinion only.

Hope to see you here in my gallery very often, as i like to hear your comments very much.

New update made today, with some new photos.

13/08/2007

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo II

Nissan 350Z LM Concept

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"

Suzuki GSX-R/4

Wow, your new update is very cool,👍 but why don’t you post the updates in new posts? It is more easy to see than everything in the first post.

LdS
Wow, your new update is very cool,👍 but why don’t you post the updates in new posts? It is more easy to see than everything in the first post.

Hum...you gave some ideas.I not only will do that, but also keep the first post updated with the latest photos, as i do now.That way it will always be updated for everyone to see.

If you want to make it easier,you could just put a link to one of your updated post on your 1st post just like i did.Save the trouble of posting twice and save some time loading the page (if you know what i mean) but is it just me or you like to do vertical shots only? I'm just wondering......

If you want to make it easier,you could just put a link to one of your updated post on your 1st post just like i did.Save the trouble of posting twice and save some time loading the page (if you know what i mean) but is it just me or you like to do vertical shots only? I'm just wondering......

Yep.Don´t like at all the horizontal shots and their sense of proportion.

Back