Emerging from semi-retirement
GTP_DGiant2000
I think not
gigabytevpower.jpg

V8 versus V10

corvette.jpg

Vette versus Viper

dodgeviperimage.jpg

Suzuka looks like it may well become an Amuse versus GTLM fest but if your tired of driving PD's favourite 800pp punter car or a glorified over-turboed go-kart, and fancy some good old fashioned american muscle, then this is the place for you! This event is designed to give those who've spent hours tuning and perfecting their cars for the WRS a chance to race them (although is clearly open to all members), with the Viper thrown in for good measure as it is my favourite car and rarely gets a look in these days.

Race Details:
PAL / EXPERT / 800pp / Suzuka
Start Times: XX:07 / 22 / 37 / 52
• Mode: Online Event :Expert Class / 800PP / PRO
• Game Spec: SpecIII
• Physics: Professional
• Track: Suzuka
• Laps: 5
• Make:Corvette/tuned or Viper/tuned
• 800pp NO MORE, NO LESS
• and most importantly have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why lap times can't be discussed. I understand how it works with the WRS, as it's completely offline hot lapping, but for online racing, I don't quite get it?

I don't understand why lap times can't be discussed. I understand how it works with the WRS, as it's completely offline hot lapping, but for online racing, I don't quite get it?

It's purely because this combno co-incides with the choice for WRS 44 this week and many members racing here will also be taking part over there 👍

I should think anjyone not competing in WRS can discuss their times, or better yet upload their replays to www.gtdb.net

All the best
Maz

Mr Davies welcome back from your holiday. Nice to see you making an event. I'll be having a go at it tomorrow night :cheers:

P.S when does the wheel arrive ;)

Hmmm Looks interesting... when I get my Vette and Viper tunes ready Im going to hit this event as well 👍

Nice thread Andy 👍

But a small note,
It is actually free to discus laptimes from the online race.

Like the Mini week,when we had a parallel online race next to a WRS free run race.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115148

It would be nice though to skip the practice laptimes done in free run,also by none WRS competitors.:)

This looks like good fun. I've been racing the Vette at :00/:30 War'o'Worlds and it's been fun minus all the punters. This event hopefully will take the racing up a notch. I'll be in this event tonight racing my yellow Vette. See ya on the track. 👍

I'm sorry but I just can't get excited about the M3 at fuji, feels like driving a boat to me. As a result, I'll be running this event a bit this month if anyone feels like joining me.

Andy

Possibly interested, but not during opening weekend for the update as that makes things a little too interesting. :crazy:

Also I need to get a car organized.

Don't forget to fix the start times in the text of the OP and not just the thread title. :sly:

👍

Perfect race for me,I ran on Suzuka for the last three days with the Corvette.

I like the speed,sound and grip but what also nice is of this world event: only 5 laps.

This event is very popular. I've had some great races here the past several nights in my yellow Vette, grids of 10-12 racers, some knuckleheads, but also many gents like Beer5959, PRINS0009, Takeuchi01, Duke of Pendle and others. After the usual first lap fun there's been lots of close clean racing. It would definitely be sweet to see some more GTP brethren out there. With only 5 laps races are under 10 minutes plus a few for login/logout, so every 15 is very doable. My japanese buddies were running at 15 35 55 the other night. btw I find the Vette to be plenty fast enough to beat most GTLMs. ;)

edit- just had several good races. not having much luck on the times listed 07 22 37 52 though...

Last edited:
Don't forget to fix the start times in the text of the OP and not just the thread title. :sly:

👍

Thanks Clacksman, and thanks Sjaak for doing it for me :D 👍

The vette is definitely quickest overall but stick the viper on R2's and it can hold its own, especially on the straights. Blitz has a good Viper tune and Paulie one for the vette if people are struggling. Would be great to see a tune or two from Clacksman (modify the fuji tune maybe 💡 ).

See you for some races tonight 👍

Would be great to see a tune or two from clacksman (modify the fuji tune maybe 💡 ).

Like I said, I'll have to get that organized. My Corvette/Tuned chassis works well anywhere but gearing is pretty critical at Suzuka. Now that it's a 5-lap event I can actually do a race distance without issue so I'll get on the Viper at some point as well.

Back