2010 GTP Automotive calender! Sign up here! 13/12 LolWUT?

• Thread starter Boffin
  • 48 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Australia
Hi everyone.

Ideas were brewing between LongbowX and myself in my gallery thread about the possibility of making a 2010 calender filled with all our great shots. While the conversation was in my gallery, I decided to make a thread as my gallery probably doesn't get enough coverage to attract everyone, and besides, its not mine or LongbowX's calender, its equally everybody's who's work is in it.

The calender would run through redbubble.com, where at least three GTP 'toggies already have accounts (I, Syntax and Speedster502). I haven't got hold of a physical entity from them yet, but Syntax (who, lets be honest, is pretty damn nifty with a camera) said the quality is excellent.

We are at the preparation stage right now so what I'm looking for is a list of no more than 12 names of some of the many great photographers here that would be willing to contribute some of their best work. It has to be said that regulars for the automotive comps will be considered highest priority - due to the proven quality, but its a rarity to have 12 entrants at most, so really anyone who is nifty with a camera has a shot (haw haw). If you have a gallery, you have a good chance. If you don't, show us your work and we'll talk. I don't know how the choosing process is going to work if we get more, as its early days.

It is unknown yet, but the theme is most likely automotive. There was talk that it could be winners from the APCs, but I also think each person choosing their own favourite shots would work too, as many great works don't get entered in APC's because of criteria restrictions.

There will probably be a small markup on top of the calender price which would mean we'd have to pay slightly more, but on the upside, any profits get split (crack out you paypal accounts boys) and theres a chance we could get the calender on the GTP homepage (although I haven't asked anyone).

So....anyone down for it?

Please don't be modest!

Names so far:

-80Y 2C2

-Syntax error

-McLaren

-Scaff

-Speedster502

-LongbowX

-homeforsummer

-GilesGuthrie

-NISMO_SKYLINE

-Moglet

-SPhilli911

-TVR&Ferrari_Fan

-Omnis

Months

-January - NISMO_SKYLINE

-Febuary

-March - McLaren

-April - homeforsummer

-May - LongbowX

-June - Syntax error

-July - 80Y 2C2

-August

-September

-October - GilesGuthrie, SPhilli911

-November

-December

Other people will be slotted in when things are sorted out and we get the final name down.

Last edited:
Im doing a calender for my graphics project and I was going to make a thread in a few weeks asking if anyone has got any pictures but u beat me to it=[ good luck though =)

Let me know the theme and I might be in.

Im doing a calender for my graphics project and I was going to make a thread in a few weeks asking if anyone has got any pictures but u beat me to it=[ good luck though =)

No one's stopping you - I'm sure we can help out later on 👍

Let me know the theme and I might be in.

Cool -most likely automotive, but we'll see how things turn out :).

Just throwing it out there as an idea, but maybe each person that will contribute should post say 5 of their prospective images into a poll and put it to a vote as to which image will make it into the calendar. That way it open it up a little bit more to the people that won't be contributing but might think of purchasing the calendar.

Good idea 👍 -but we'd need to make sure that at least one of everyone's work is featured - so the winning shots would be the highest voted per artist, not overall.

All of this will be ironed out later in a better constructed thread down the road, so jot any ideas down and post them in then. This is just to get names really.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested 👍

I like the idea of everyone submitting a selection of their images and the best from each person being picked too 👍

Orright - I have been talking with LongbowX about the theme of the calender. Him and I both heavily think it should be automotive as it is probably more relevent to the site, and I have seen some amazing shots from everyone currently 'in' that, quite honestly, it would put the current stuff on the shelves to shame.

Because Omnis commented that he'd like to know the theme first, and I haven't seen any work from him as of yet (so I don't know what he does and doesn't do), we have to make a decision now to see if he's in or not.

So....does anyone have any grave opposition? Or are we going to call this thing automotive?

Last edited:
I think automotive would be the best option, given that I'd say that it's what we're all broadly into and we should all be able to provide plenty of automotive photography.

Plus, I think I've had a car-related calendar for at least the past ten years so why break the habit of a lifetime? :sly:

Go on then, I'll go in.

Regarding whose image goes on which month, can I suggest that the month of the contributer's birthday would be "their" month?

Me = October

Someone else can work out the arbitration for clashes!

Go on then, I'll go in.

Regarding whose image goes on which month, can I suggest that the month of the contributer's birthday would be "their" month?

Me = October

We need two Octobers then!!

Nah - I'm happy with any month.

Scaff

Go on then, I'll go in.

Me = October

Well I'm April if that's the case, unless anyone else wants to fight me for it :P

Scaff

And then we'll need another duel for April. :sly: Haha. Again, I'm happy with any month. I guess it's a "I called it first!" system. Unless there is someone who really, really wants that month. Then, I guess we'll have to work something out...

I'll try this out, I'm in, oh and I guess for the birthday months I have January

Last edited:

Scaff

Nah! We need three Octobers! :lol:

But honestly, as Scaff said, I'm happy with any month really. And I'm definately fine with doing Automotive shots.

Anyone want August? :P

I'm interested, although I haven't got any recent work to showcase as such. But I've been meaning to take SporKy out somewhere and get some nice arty shots, so the automotive theme might work for me quite nicely.

I'm not that fussed on getting April to be honest. I'm good with any month!

Look forward to seeing some nice shots of the SporK, Jon.

4 Octobers! :P

I'll contribute, and I'll have any month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back