GT5 at SEMA - November 4th - Infinity G37 playable

• Thread starter Loeb80
  • 61 comments
From PS US Blog - Gran Turismo Award 2008 Infinity G37 and HPA Audi TT playable... I hope for something new ;)

In addition to the music acts following the awards ceremony, guests will have a chance to check out the latest gameplay of Gran Turismo 5. Winners from the past two GT Awards events, the 2007 HPA Audi TT from the 2007 awards, and the 2007 high performance Infiniti G37 from the 2008 awards, will be playable in the latest version of Gran Turismo 5 at the event.

4056464271_c59ecb1d9b.jpg

4056464349_7531564463.jpg

Last edited:
Good find, it means little to me since I'm not in USA, but I do hope some screenies reveal some new cars since those two particular Gran Turismo awards cars are rather boring to me, and the Infiniti is plain ugly (not the normal G37, just this one).

Wow really? He looks so young, that's a real shame to hear.

Hmm... Considering there was a Lamborghini Murcielago at about 1:18 in the video Chronos showed... could that mean anything? It is a video about Gran Turismo, I'm sure they wouldn't show it without it being in the game. And as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed in any other way.

A Murcielago? Where?

Thats a Countach BTW.

Would be fun to drive those around in GT5. But I was hoping for more high-end supercars like Koenigsegg.

Hmm... Considering there was a Lamborghini Murcielago at about 1:18 in the video Chronos showed... could that mean anything? It is a video about Gran Turismo, I'm sure they wouldn't show it without it being in the game. And as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed in any other way.

There's a chance the murcielago will be in gran turismo 5,
but that sema video is no indication of that.
Btw it's an old video, at that point we didn't even know lamborghini would be in gran turismo 5.

Pause the vid at 2:52! Look who it is! It's our friend from E3 :lol: Also on the pic all the way in the left! :lol: :lol:

[OPTIMISM]I'm sure we'll get a glance of the customization system, the damage system, and, of course, another track that isn't Tokyo.[/OPTIMISM]

If someone goes there, please, get as much info as possible. I'm really sure we'll get Tokyo R246 again, and the car will be "Infinity G37 concept by: JR Rocha" in the selection menu or something like that. But maybe it'll just be called "Infinity G37" which would be suspicious and means the game "treats" it like a G37...But it has JR Rocha's look and livery...if you know what i mean :sly:.

[OPTIMISM]I'm sure we'll get a glance of the customization system, the damage system, and, of course, another track that isn't Tokyo.[/OPTIMISM]

If someone goes there, please, get as much info as possible. I'm really sure we'll get Tokyo R246 again, and the car will be "Infinity G37 concept by: JR Rocha" in the selection menu or something like that. But maybe it'll just be called "Infinity G37" which would be suspicious and means the game "treats" it like a G37...But it has JR Rocha's look and livery...if you know what i mean :sly:.

I think it will refer to it as a separate car. There are too many differences between this and a normal G37 (more than the game, even if it had customization would have). Also, every previous game has referred to these cars as separate, so I don't see why it would change now.

Thats the sort of modifications I'm hoping for in GT5. Bodykit, select your rim size and livery.

Edit. Minus the scissor doors by the way.

I think you'll probably be disappointed then.

--

Also, that's very sad to hear - about JR Rocha...

Please choose an other track than tokyo route 246, we saw it like 400 times, almost every pictures are from this track, and the small trailers (458 and FT-86) we get are only on prologue's tracks. Laguna Seca or maybe seattle circuit considerating that the show is in the united states.

Sad to hear about JR Rocha... RIP

Last edited:
Wow really? He looks so young, that's a real shame to hear.

YEah, stay off that "WacArnolds" and "Murder King" people.

MAN!

Poor JR, never got to see his whipsky in full GT5 glory, never got to race it online, never got to teach his son\daughter how to drive stick without ruining a $10k transmission, never took it to the Gring for a "quickie", there was so much left to do...

Last edited:
Please choose an other track than tokyo route 246, we saw it like 400 times, almost every pictures are from this track, and the small trailers (458 and FT-86) we get are only on prologue's tracks. Laguna Seca or maybe seattle circuit considerating that the show is in the united states.

I was thinking the same. It's about time they show us another track.

I'm a member on that site and remember when the news broke, he put a ton of money in the car to get it to where is was for the PD contest. Here is the car in it's original color during a test run after the turbos were installed, and a pic of it before the graphics and paint.

3891197051_6679379837_b.jpg

i remember watching that same video that Racer XO posted very sad to hear that he passed away. :(

JR Rocha, R.I.P. and condolences to his family and friends.

Back