Phoenix Motorsports - Open for business!

• Thread starter senamic
  • 21 comments

senamic

Hello again old friends
Premium
Australia
Perth, WA
PhoenixMotorsportsLogo.png

We are Phoenix Motorsports, born from the ashes of the old and looking to the future. We follow but one tuning ethos, that of providing interesting, enjoyable cars. Our models may range from the mediocre to the insane, but all are unique specimens of the mad mind of their creator. Right now we are small, but we shall endeavour to grow, and offer unique cars for customers to drive.

Our current line up:

480 BHP @ 6000rpm, 1168KG, N3 tyres

Drive our cars today, and give a review, we will take requests by reviewing customers!

Phoenix Striker
480 BHP @ 6000rpm, 1168KG
striker1.jpg
Striker4.jpg

Parts List
Oil Change
Sports Exhaust
ECU Chip
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Suspension
Supercharger
Weight Reduction Stage 1
N3 Tyres
New wheels (Yokohama 011)

Settings
Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.8 / 8.4
Ride Height: 120 / 120
Damper Bound: 4 / 5
Damper Rebound: 8 / 9
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: -1 / 1
Stabilisers: 4 / 5
LSD
Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 25
LSD Deceleration: 10
Driving Aids
None whatsoever

Striker5.jpg
Striker3.jpg
Striker is Phoenix Motorsports' blow to the Honda NSX, developed around the same budget. To do this, Phoenix outsourced chassis and bodywork to Korean sporstcar firm Proto Motors, using their 2004 model year Spirra as a base. The folks at PM added a supercharger, tweaked the ECU and exhaust, as well as adding a limited slip diff and completely altering the suspension. In the efforts of keeping costs down the car kept its old brakes and transmission, but still comes together as a rather individual piece of work. With less weight and around 160 more horses than the stock Spirra, one would expect the car to be a handful for the inexperienced. And they'd be right! This car has a playful back end, but in the hands of a skilled driver is a very enjoyable car to drive. PM promise a direct test between their Striker and an NSX Type R, with rumours circulating that an 02 model NSX is already on its way to their facilities for direct testing. Additionally Phoenix Motorsports is proud to announce at least two more models of Striker are planned- a trackday car on sports tyres and a fully fledged racer on slicks. Test drive the Striker today, if you are mad enough to dare.
Striker.jpg

*Writes down the parts list and the settings* I'd like to be the first one to write a review, thus I'm going to test this car and let you know what it is like. 👍

Thanks mate, don't expect an easy drive, especially with a DS2. Feel free to test it against an NSR-R on N3s, as that is its rival (not really :P). Try and drive it loosely, and go soft in, soft out, is all the advice I will give :)

Glad to see you're back tuning, Senamic. I gotta stop procrastinating with my tuning efforts.

Try and drive it loosely, and go soft in, soft out, is all the advice I will give :)

I took your advice and tested the car on Nürburgring, Suzuka and High-Speed Ring. The first thing that cathes your attention is the amount of horsepower combined with N3 tyres. Not having any downforce is going to make things worse, isn't it? We will see.

I first went to Nürburgring to get a first impression of the car's characteristics. The first thing that I noticed was the fast acceleration from 2nd gear on. The 1st gear is useless as it seems to be too short (Thanks to the untouched gearbox). The brakes work well, but could be stronger - also better tyres would prevent the wheels from slipping under braking. Now to the most interesting part: The handling. I have to say that I didn't anticipate such precise, yet unforgiving handling characteristics. The car will easily burst into a drift, making it difficult for the driver to keep it on the track. At the same time, your body produces adrenaline - making sure you're prepared for injuries, which can very well be caused if you aren't careful enough - contemporaneously conjuring up a smile on your face. My fastest lap time was a 7'26.390 (Not even worth mentioning), which is still faster than what you can get out of an unmodified NSX-R on N3 tyres.

Moving on to Suzuka: Same car, same handling characteristics. They become more evident when I reach Suzuka's Dunlop Curve, drifting at an unbelievable angle. The car reflects excatly the same attribute at High-Speed Ring, which I left with a best lap time of 1'14.344.

To sum up, I'd like to say that I enjoyed driving this car. Its unique handling makes you want to drive it over and over again, trying to figure out the best way through each turn - which can sometimes be very frustrating as the car is nothing for unexperienced drivers. Better brakes, better tyres, an improved gearbox and downforce (Read: Wing) would help for sure, but that's another story (which we will hopefully see soon :P).

👍

Last edited:
Definently a great car however I would like you to compete with it's sexy competition;(V8 mid-rear) and a great car, the Lotus esprit V8 '02.

Glad to see you're back tuning, Senamic. I gotta stop procrastinating with my tuning efforts.

Thanks mate, take your time, hope you can return to before the release of GT5 (at which point everyone else will probably leave our corner in peace :P)

I took your advice and tested the car on Nürburgring, Suzuka and High-Speed Ring. The first thing that cathes your attention is the amount of horsepower combined with N3 tyres. Not having any downforce is going to make things worse, isn't it? We will see.

I first went to Nürburgring to get a first impression of the car's characteristics. The first thing that I noticed was the fast acceleration from 2nd gear on. The 1st gear is useless as it seems to be too short (Thanks to the untouched gearbox). The brakes work well, but could be stronger - also better tyres would prevent the wheels from slipping under braking. Now to the most interesting part: The handling. I have to say that I didn't anticipate such precise, yet unforgiving handling characteristics. The car will easily burst into a drift, making it difficult for the driver to keep it on the track. At the same time, your body produces adrenaline - making sure you're prepared for injuries, which can very well be caused if you aren't careful enough - contemporaneously conjuring up a smile on your face. My fastest lap time was a 7'26.390 (Not even worth mentioning), which is still faster than what you can get out of an unmodified NSX-R on N3 tyres.

Moving on to Suzuka: Same car, same handling characteristics. They become more evident when I reach Suzuka's Dunlop Curve, drifting at an unbelievable angle. The car reflects excatly the same attribute at High-Speed Ring, which I left with a best lap time of 1'14.344.

To sum up, I'd like to say that I enjoyed driving this car. Its unique handling makes you want to drive it over and over again, trying to figure out the best way through each turn - which can sometimes be very frustrating as the car is nothing for unexperienced drivers. Better brakes, better tyres, an improved gearbox and downforce (Read: Wing) would help for sure, but that's another story (which we will hopefully see soon :P).

👍

Thanks for the honest review, glad the car made you happy. It does take a bit of taming eh? Feel free to shoot me a PM on what you want.

I have a new garage; GoKarts, are you go at tuningthose specific cars?

Ummm, no, I have no intention of tuning most of the cars you have selected at this time. If I were to tune them, why would you care? I would rather stick with my garage and you can stick with yours, no disrespect intended.

I decided to try out the Pheonix Stryker

I'm not exactly the best driver. I consider myself to be average. I also can't drift to save my life. I read Phantom's review, I read the description of the car, so I was expecting a bumpy ride, but still I thought:
[Jeremy Clarkson voice]How hard can it be?[/Jeremy Clarkson voice]

Due to my foolishness I decided to take it to the Nurburgring, since to me it's the ultimate test of any car and any driver.
Well the first corner came. I smashed into the wall. I thought alright fine. I'll go slower. And I did. The next corner came and I successful spun out. So I thought: Okay fine. Less power through the corners. Be soft.
So I did that too. The car was like a horse desperately trying to get its rider off the saddle and I was all over the place. Of course this was only my first lap and there were more to come.
Nearing the end of my little test it was not the case of me taming the car. The car tamed me. I started driving very gingerly. But of course being me I still spun out on some occasions and at the end I achieved an appalling and miserable time of 8'00.483
Mind you this was only after 4 laps. I could have done more, but I didn't in fear of my life.
But after all that being said. The car is massive fun. Its sheer power and the tires combined just make the most fun car to drive to me. I like trying out new things. And this was quite new to me.

I also can't wait for the track day and racing Stryker. :D

I decided to try out the Pheonix Stryker

I'm not exactly the best driver. I consider myself to be average. I also can't drift to save my life. I read Phantom's review, I read the description of the car, so I was expecting a bumpy ride, but still I thought:
[Jeremy Clarkson voice]How hard can it be?[/Jeremy Clarkson voice]

Due to my foolishness I decided to take it to the Nurburgring, since to me it's the ultimate test of any car and any driver.
Well the first corner came. I smashed into the wall. I thought alright fine. I'll go slower. And I did. The next corner came and I successful spun out. So I thought: Okay fine. Less power through the corners. Be soft.
So I did that too. The car was like a horse desperately trying to get its rider off the saddle and I was all over the place. Of course this was only my first lap and there were more to come.
Nearing the end of my little test it was not the case of me taming the car. The car tamed me. I started driving very gingerly. But of course being me I still spun out on some occasions and at the end I achieved an appalling and miserable time of 8'00.483
Mind you this was only after 4 laps. I could have done more, but I didn't in fear of my life.
But after all that being said. The car is massive fun. Its sheer power and the tires combined just make the most fun car to drive to me. I like trying out new things. And this was quite new to me.

I also can't wait for the track day and racing Stryker. :D

Okay, as per rules, you can PM me with a request too. At this rate I am going to do more request tunes than normal ones :P Nah, thanks, keep the feedback coming.

This looks cool. :) Can't wait to try this Phoenix.

Be careful what you wish for mate :P.... Hope you enjoy it though!

Great to see you back tuning, Lachlan. 👍 This new tune you've got looks quite good.

I should give your BTR a test, also, one quick question, can it be used on The Ring?

Are you referring to this? That was long ago, and I feel it is pointless that you have posted your intentions to test RR cars in every thread on the tuner forum. That car is not Phoenix, it is AMMT. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. As for driving it on the ring, I will honestly say that with the skill (or lack thereof) that you have displayed to date I would not fancy your chances at a lap even anywhere near what it can do. Please do not post in this thread, I feel offended by your repeated failure to learn from those who help you.

A video of the Phoenix Striker at Midfield. Still lots of room for improvement, but it should give people an idea of how to kick out the back. Don't play it with sound by the way; The audio stuffed up when I changed it to an MPEG, so turn it off. Feel free to compare the Stirker and NSX on N3 (RD) tyres, and compare for yourself!​

I tried this car and it was fun. I may not win any races with it but Sure as hell have fun trying. I put down a very poor 1:30.113 on High Speed Ring but i had more fun doing that poor lap. than i did putin down some of my best laps in high powered monsters that layed out 57-58 second laps on a good day. Keep at it i love these tunings but i do agree it does need some downforce. Jolly good keep em' comin I cant wait to see the trackday and race tunes. I predict great cars from you.

Back