Happy Father's Day!

United States
Inland Empire SoCal
SOLID_LIFTERS
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! :cheers:
You can't have a better day of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

I was supposed to have a big Father's Day breakfast, but didn't want it. Not that hungry. So I had a bowl of Chocolate Cheerios. Damn good stuff :drool: , but way the hell too sweet for my tastes! :yuck:

And my Wiha tool collection just grew a little bigger today:

wihalinemanspliersandin.jpg

So, what did the rest of you fathers get?

This thread just reminded me, it's father's day. Happy Father's day everyone!!!

*runs off to tell dad*

My wife went to work this morning before I was up and when I told the kids that it was Father's Day, they both said "It is?"

I know my wife bought me something, and I know what and where it is but as she hasn't actually given it to me, I'm being good and leaving it alone. The sting of being semi-forgotten is made all the worse since I put in the effort to take the kids up to the ER yesterday so they could tell her happy birthday and bring her flowers.

Now I'm trying to mow the lawn between doing loads of laundry. Simply put, completely standard issue Sunday for me.

I think you're due steak for dinner tonight TB!

I got some canvas flip-flops/sandals/thongs (delete as appropriate to country), cuff links (Top on one, Dad on the other), a mug with a photo of me and the boy on it, a Me & My Daddy photo frame with a different photo of me and the boy and finally some dark chocolate. A very rare and unplanned treat was getting a lie in until 9am when the boy woke up!!!

It's my Mum's birthday on Tuesday so we had her, my bro and the in laws over for lunch and then spent the afternoon in the garden with some unusually sunny weather.

Pretty good day so far and I've got steak for dinner shortly followed by some PS3 time :D

I think you're due steak for dinner tonight TB!
If I get a steak tonight, it'll be because I bought and made it myself. :lol:

Glad to see you and Solid are having a good day. :)👍

And with that... the dryer is beeping. Never ends.

Happy Father's day all. :cheers:
We are getting ready to BBQ, luckly it won't be me doing the cooking :)

Famine got a great card which said "Eventually he stopped playing computer games and got a real job", a cake which states "Some say my dad is The Stig" and some chocolate raisins :)

Apparently my dad hasn't spoken to my grandfather in 2 months. It's been a year since my grandma died. It totally sucks having a fragmented family. There are no fathers on my mom's side.

I got my dad a pair of Foot Joy golf shoes and a card that had something to do with toilets, he loved both.

I got up early (well, early for me on a sunday, so about 9 AM) and made a big breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, watermelon, strawberries, so delicious. My brother and I got him a new pair of sandals because the dog chewed the old one up, and yesterday we washed his car, and cleaned the inside, vacuumed it all out, armor all'ed the interior, it looked brand new when we were finished with it.

:P Happy 'Most of the World' Father's Day!
New Zealander's share it with Aussies, Fijians and Papua New Guineans on the 3rd Sunday of September (That's the 5th this year)...

I got a hand painted stone with a small poem. In Dutch a stone is called a "kei". Kei in Dutch means great. You get the drift.

That, and a mousemat with photo's of my 2 year old cheering the Dutch football team.

Fathersday was the same day a my daughters birtday :)

And even after that I played some GTpsp.

I have been so involved studying for my exams and trying to watch the world cup as much as possible that I thought I had completely missed Father's Day. Started to feel absolutely awful last night that I never got my dad anything or even wished him a Happy Fathers day. Then I realised Australia doesn't have Father's day till September. Phew!

I have been so involved studying for my exams and trying to watch the world cup as much as possible that I thought I had completely missed Father's Day. Started to feel absolutely awful last night that I never got my dad anything or even wished him a Happy Fathers day. Then I realised Australia doesn't have Father's day till September. Phew!
That's almost exactly what I felt for exactly the same reasons!

Father's Day is about being a father and not about being physically able to have children.

I think you're missing the entire point of the holiday and my question about adopting a child.

:P Happy 'Most of the World' Father's Day!
New Zealander's share it with Aussies, Fijians and Papua New Guineans on the 3rd Sunday of September (That's the 5th this year)...

Actually it's the first Sunday of September, not the third Sunday.

Father's Day is about being a father and not about being physically able to have children.

I'm fully aware.

I think you're missing the entire point of the holiday and my question about adopting a child.

I think you need to re-read my response. You can't and shouldn't assume adoption is a solution... for any of it. You have no idea what adoption means to me, or how relevant it is for me becoming a father.

...and next time someone comes along telling you that father's day represents a loss to them, try not to be an ass by making belittling assumptions/statements/leading questions.

Father's day is one of the many occasions that I expect to always remind me of the children I have lost. The ironic twist is that it is also the day that I get to thank my father for the mundane task of having a few swimmers and then promptly ignoring/resenting me for the rest of my life.

Next time you think of Father's day, spend a few seconds thinking about those who can't celebrate it.

It is really unfortunate both your current circumstance with children and that of your relationship with your father.

I know if I couldn't have kids it would really affect me and I understand that adoption while it may be an option for others I personally wouldn't feel the same.

Hopefully some other holidays of the year bring you some more positive memories/thoughts.

Happy Father's Day you old goats! :lol:

Wait, today is Father's Day, right?

And to FK who's snooping around not saying anything. :P

...and next time someone comes along telling you that father's day represents a loss to them, try not to be an ass by making belittling assumptions/statements/leading questions.

Father's day is one of the many occasions that I expect to always remind me of the children I have lost. The ironic twist is that it is also the day that I get to thank my father for the mundane task of having a few swimmers and then promptly ignoring/resenting me for the rest of my life.

Next time you think of Father's day, spend a few seconds thinking about those who can't celebrate it.

I'm aware of, and highly sympathetic to, both parts of your personal situation. But if it is painful, why take the time to remind yourself of the situation by coming into a thread clearly labeled with the subject matter?

And to FK who's snooping around not saying anything. :P
Quit spying on me.

It was a bit serious and I wasn't going to weigh in. I understand how Danoff feels because we went through something similar, but my situation had a happier ending. Offering sympathy can feel hollow when you are standing on the happy side of the fence.

For my father's day I got a mouse pad with a photo collage of pictures of me with Tova, and realized that just because I was told I have the day off it doesn't mean I should let others cook on the grill. I don't know how many times my in-laws flipped those burgers, but they were extremely dry.

And somehow having the day off translated into not being allowed to eat ice cream and watch the NASCAR race at Sonoma because I was supposed to go to my in-laws and watch golf/take a nap.

And who cooks out when the heat index is 105? They constantly complained about the heat every time they came in from the grill, and all I could think was that I was content eating ice cream. Clearly, my ad hoc plans were much better thought out than this pre-planned event.

Last edited:
Back