• 18 comments

magburner

Premium
Wales
The Empire State
magburner, GTP_madgurner, showtime_uk
magburner presents

a WipeoutHD Gallery

Feel Free to look around and leave comments!

Hello Playstation 3 forum! Welcome to Above & Beyond, dedicated entirely to WipeoutHD!

I have been wanting to post some quality images since I first got the game on launch last year, but not having an HD screen to get the most out of the graphics, I had put this little project on the back burner.

Well not any more! I'm proud to present the first in a series of inspirational images shot exclusively from within WipeoutHD's superb Photomode application, and edited (ever so slightly), by myself. I've tried to capture the spirit of Wipeout with some exciting images that showcase the sheer brilliance of the graphics, and the thrill of high speed anti-grativty racing!

Feel free to leave comments. 👍

Last edited:
Very nice! 👍

I have had this game for months and still have not gotten around to playing it. :odd:

Someone is a bit of a trance fan...

Neat captures but you may need to rehost the ones in your first two posts. I'm not seeing anything.

Very nice!

I have had this game for months and still have not gotten around to playing it.

Thanks man! You really want to be playing this game, it superb! The online community is a little dead now, but there is still a massive 1-player challenge to complete! 👍

Someone is a bit of a trance fan...

Very well spotted, and invisible +rep!!!! I was going to open the first post with the this line:

'I wonder if they have figured it out yet?'

Why? Well, it might surprise you to know that ALL my galleries are musically named.

Incisions Beyond Motion (my GT4 gallery), is actually a name of an old Hard House tune. The band is called Incisions, and the track name is Beyond Motion.

Logical Progression (my TT gallery), is named after a superb Drum & Bass series by the legendary LTJ Bukem.

And, as you have spotted, this WipeoutHD gallery, is named after my favourite Trance DJs - Above & Beyond.

The naming conventions don't stop there either. Some (though not all), of my GT4 updates, have been named after some of my favourite tunes over the years. Most are named after dance or DnB tracks, but I've also managed to slip in a tribute to an old 70's country classic by Helen Reddy (Delta Dawn)!

Like I said, very well spotted, and invisible +rep!!! 👍

As for the first two posts, they are as I intended them. I'm going to create a gallery graphic for the first post some time, and the second post is actually a directory, which will have quick links to the updates I do in the future. You can already click on the Feisar banner to see the post that it relates to. 👍

this WipeoutHD gallery, is named after my favourite Trance DJs - Above & Beyond.
I get that too, I've listened few tracks by them in the past.

I'm also a pilot that goes thru the skies at more than 1300 Km/h enjoying the fires of the destroyed oponents. WipEout HD is gaming at its finest. Sometimes I use the photography mode too taking a few pictures of routes on the air. Yours are good ones man, continue with that Feisar 👍

Nice pics Magburner 👍 I never realised how nice it looked. The pics and vids on the net of it on gaming sites don't really do it justice!

Apparently Sony are working on a full proper next gen Wipeout, wonder how thats going to look! :crazy:

This gallery is quite something Mag!! Full of color, full of details...and great use of the HD :D :D Love your banner btw, really gorgeous!!
Stunning...and I´m waiting to see the BANG update 👍

NTX

Lovely gallery so far!

I've only recently got into this game myself and I do find myself rather addicted to taking photo-shots after the race is over. More games should have this feature I say!

Very nice Mag, very nice. I'm still playing, we got a 720p monitor a few weeks ago, it's been awesome playing on it. The online play is tremendous, I wish I had tried it sooner, as you say there aren't always may players around.

Thanks for the great comments guys, I will post the next update this weekend (been too busy whinging about the PS3 to do otherwise!) :lol: 👍

Hello again, and thanks for all the great comments guys, they are greatly appreciated! 👍 I should update more frequently, but hopefully the wait for this update will of been worth it. As the title suggests, this update is called 'B OF THE BANG!!!'

Linford Christie, a former (disgraced) British 100m Sprinter, famously once said that he started his races not merely at the 'bang' of the starting pistol, but at the B of the Bang. This has significance with this update, because Like Linford Chrisite, I had to be ready to jump into photomode at the 'B of the Bang', to capture these fantastic explosive shots. :lol:

Any regular AG pilot will tell you missiles are are a constant, and deadly threat, that can mean the difference between winning a race, or crashing and burning. In this update I have included shots of rockets, missiles, and the resulting explosions themselves, all in glorious 1080p HD (scaled down of course). 👍

I am also in the process of starting to create some desktop wallpapers derived from the images I post here. If anyone is interested, let me know, And I will see what I can do. 👍

bangbanner.png

wohd20090119223950.png

wohd20090121095031.png

wohd20090121100342.png

wohd20090118202511.png

wohd20090118212807copy.png

wohd20090118220130copy.png

wohd20090119095633.png

wohd20090119103451copy.png

wohd20090119110133.png

wohd20090119223029.png

wohd20090119223448.png

Wow!! They are awesome in many ways :drool: Kinda like Hollywood visual effects :)

EDIT> I got a chance to try the photomode again. Now I found panning adjustment from the close camera type instead of track. Explosion shots aren't easy at all.
However I found the photomode very similar to Test drive unlimited, but much more powerful to create some crazy shots

Last edited:
Wow!! They are awesome in many ways :drool: Kinda like Hollywood visual effects :)

EDIT> I got a chance to try the photomode again. Now I found panning adjustment from the close camera type instead of track. Explosion shots aren't easy at all.
However I found the photomode very similar to Test drive unlimited, but much more powerful to create some crazy shots

Awesome!!! I'm looking forward to see what you can do! 👍 Have you found the radial blur/depth of field settings too? You can do some very interesting effects with those filters.

As for the explosions, your right they are not easy at all. The shots above were taken of a ship that I attacked, thought one or two were of my ship. Its quite hard to capture the rockets and smart bombs, but the missiles are a bit easier.

With the missiles, listen for the little tinkling sound they make as they fly toward the ship. When they hit you will hear a pop that changes into the explosion. You have to pause a mili-second or two after that pop. 👍

Lovely!!! I´m seeing why you name it BANG!!!! You captured intense moments in there Mag!!
Man...I wish I could have the trial again, but is not available anymore...lets see if I buy the game in the next months.
BTW...you transfer the pics like in GT4, to a USB Pen Drive?

NTX

NTX: Whenever the game saves the image, it goes to the Picture folder under XMB
Then you select them in XMB and copy to usb.

Hello again! To kick things off, I have for you, not one, not two, but three complete new updates spanning all three of my galleries, and each presented in a unique visual style! If you are interested, you can find out more about each update in its respective gallery.

I never really got started with this gallery, as games like COD4, and MW2 ate into my spare time. Well, not any more! This gallery will hopefully start to grow as I have a back-catalogue of around ONE-HUNDRED images that I can bring to you. I should have brought them when the gallery first opened, but for the reasons outlined above, I never quite got around to it.

Anyway, I digress. This forthcoming update features five random images, edited in a number of different styles, and best exemplify the spirit of Wipeout:HD. To tell you the truth, I really didn't have to edit these pictures too much, but I did fiddle around with the lighting to get the feel I wanted. As always, I hope you like these (long overdue) interpretations! :dopey:

RANDOM

wohd20090119221335.png

wohd20090119224549.png

wohd20090119112301.png

wohd20090119100400.png

wohd20090119095828.png

IN ANOTHER GALLERY (GT4 GALLERY)

[ CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE GALLERY UPDATE! ]

IN ANOTHER GALLERY (TT GALLERY)

[ CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE GALLERY UPDATE! ]

Back