Pre 1979 Car for History Racing car cup

• Thread starter godius
  • 61 comments
Hey guys, im doing EXPERT atm, and one of the entries is the History Racing Car Cup. I have some PRE 79 cars, but nothing that can compete with the competition in that series. All cars have like 700HP and weight around 1000kg.

How can I find a car to compete with it? In the 2nd hand area there is never anything remotely similar.

in the prize car there is nothing that can help you, I say this because even I am in your same situation, perhaps in the B-Spec mode is unlocked, boh

The 1962 Buick Special that you win early on gets up to an easy 800 BHP and weighs about 1100 KG's.

1971 Mustang Mach 1 gets up to about 720 BHP but weighs a little bit more but also handles a bit better than the Buick.

What about the Lambo Countach that you win in the professional Lambo Race? thats 70's.

yeah i tried that buick special, and i tuned the **** out of it, but it still dont handle anything nearly as good as the cars im driving it against. It has the speed though, but not the handling.

AC Cobra would probably do it but it's likely expensive and i'm not sure if it's premium or standard. I have seen them on used list.

Mustang Mach 1 is premium and quite cheap but you'll need to spend big to get it above 700 BHP and the weight down.

Lambo may be the answer but not sure on the tuning potential.

How about another tactic.

Why not list here your opponents in that race and the likely opponents that you can check before starting the race. Maybe we can work out which one will be the most economical/effective to get this sorted.

It would be nice to know cos i'll be doing this race over the next couple of days.

What about the Lambo Countach that you win in the professional Lambo Race? thats 70's.

OT I know but thanks, I dont have to bother with that tourney now,I can't drive the Murcie at all. >.<, I already bought a 74 Countach and painted it Golf R32 blue.:)

@Godius after overhauling the engine it has 383hp,I couldn't add a turbo or supercharger though.:(

bleh this sucks :(

i have another problem in expert mode its the courage judd gv5 race car...

a FULLY tuned veyron is faster, which i have, but it dont handle as well. 1 mistake, and its ahead of me, and i can not keep up anymore.

might need to safe up 5 million to buy it

I thought I'd just add something. I just tried entering my (fully tuned) Countach into the event...

...Well... The keyword in the above sentence is TRIED. You simply cannot beat it with the Countach. Perhaps, if you're good with a wheel setup, maybe. But with the controller, the car is too touchy to really have a chance. (I still think even with a wheel, the Countach just isn't fast enough).

...and I was looking forward to having all of Expert finished :(

EDIT: 787B isn't pre-'79.

GODIUS, 71 Challenger fully modded with R mod\weight redux and wide gear ratios

or 69 Camaro Z28 with the same...other than that, The buick as others have proposed, it comes with a 6 speed box from jump so its good like that.

Any euro\japanese pre 79 cars wont cut it

Ahh pre'79 got ya,Ooh Chapparal?

I'm sure that would do it, but... I'd rather not waste millions of dollars :(

Just fully modded a Challenger, I'll see if this does it (I didn't do race modification, no way I'm spending almost $200,000 unless I can't do it without)...

EDIT: Pfft. The Challenger is HORRID. I know I didn't do race mod, but still... It's... What a waste. I Want my money back.

Ok... Just tuned up a Ferrari 512BB... I needed it for that Ferrari event, so two birds with one stone HOPEFULLY.

EDIT: YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING. USELESS. For one, yes, the 512BB is a PAIN IN THE ASS to control. But for two, it still doesn't even come close to beating them.

Ok... Just tuned up a Ferrari 512BB... I needed it for that Ferrari event, so two birds with one stone HOPEFULLY.

EDIT: YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING. USELESS. For one, yes, the 512BB is a PAIN IN THE ASS to control. But for two, it still doesn't even come close to beating them.

What are the cars beating you?

The 512BB is actually quite the bullet when you can keep it under control. I'm in the middle of trashing the Ferrari Cup event thing.

Chaparral 2D and 2J, Ford GT40 and MKII, Ferrari 330 P4, etc.

EDIT: Now that I finished the Ferrari event, here is the full "Typical Opponents" list:
  • 788BHP | 620kg | Toyota 7 Race Car '70
  • 711BHP | 821kg | Chaparral 2J Race Car '70
  • 678BHP | 1168kg | Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
  • 541BHP | 998kg | Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
  • 527BHP | 998kg | Ford GT40 Race Car '67
  • 524BHP | 1000kg | Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
  • 516BHP | 792kg | Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67
  • 491BHP | 771kg | Chaparral 2D Race Car '67

Last edited:
The 512BB is actually quite the bullet when you can keep it under control. I'm in the middle of trashing the Ferrari Cup event thing.

Chaparral 2D and 2J, Ford GT40 and MKII, Ferrari 330 P4, etc.

It would seem you have to shell a bit then,spend some biggish money..hmm
I'm only on level 15..how much do you have left?and my next question would be whats in the used car lot?

It would seem you have to shell a bit then,spend some biggish money..hmm
I'm only on level 15..how much do you have left?and my next question would be whats in the used car lot?

I edited my post to show the Typical Opponent list.

Also... I've only got about $600,000. But I have A LOT of cars in my garage I could sell. Not that I want to. (Selling cars is such horrible value).

Used Lot... Nothing I can afford. On the RARE chance that something pre-'79, with reasonable power pops up, it's like $10,000,000 AND UP...

Wow so we're talking Toytoa 70,etc then? hmm I'd have to say do some easier stuff and make money and then get the best you can find.

This cup is a pain in the ass. I bought the Corvette C2 race car and tuned it to 700hp.
I made gold on the first course but that Côte d'Azur is plain impossible.
Chapparal 2J has such an advantage on courses with a lot of low speed curves and the Corvette handles like a brick. I managed to get silver there but the 2J was 18sec ahead of me....

I honestly think the only way is to buy the 2J, and its 14.4mil CR :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Fully tuned Countach is 496hp. The monaco event is beatable, the first one is hard.
Last time I had the lead up till the very last corner where a 330 just rammed me off.
Not that the Expert reward is worth the trouble.

I tried this today with the Buick Special and while the speed wasn't a problem..the handling however....

Yeah it's a bit strange.. I couldn't enter the "Classic Supercar cup" with the 300SL Chrome Line and neither with the Shelby cobra chrome line or the Mazda 787B Stealth lol :P But these are all <'79

Latest Posts

Back