GT5 Tsukuba Super Lap Battle (Updated 13 December 2010)

• Thread starter balang_479
  • 290 comments
other new record for fwd:

Civic Eg6 - kito16 - 59.112

Very Impressive. You can see he's using sport soft in the video.

Rotary Junkie 54.359 - Corvette Z06 RM, NA. Working on a time with the supercharger, kinda.
1:00.112 - Mazda Atenza 23Z, turbo, no downforce.

If I need to upload the replay files I can do so, let me know. The Z06 run was incredibly sloppy though so I'm expecting the aliens (looking at you, Dion) to absolutely kill it.

Edit: 59.771 from the Atenza.

Good times, a replay for the Corvette would be required.

53.726 with Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 RM - Naturally Aspirated

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    162.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
NO LONGER MY FASTEST LAP

SEE OTHER POST FOR DETAILS

birdyy
Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
Forced Induction

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    347.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
My mistake. Thanks for letting me know.

I thought so at first. Then I realized I can buy a supercharger for it and there's no boost gauge when you first use it. I wonder if PD made a mistake?

They may have, but I personally think it should be stuck into FI regardless as it is supercharged from the factory IRL.

Could also be that the SC is a supercharger upgrade rather than adding one to an NA motor. Power gains would actually be fairly similar at this power level (Z06 gets a small blower, ZR1 goes from a small blower to a larger one, slight power advantage to the ZR1) so...

Anyone up for some miata challenge? Fastest premium 1.6 miata on tsukuba? That 1:12 is bothering me a little!

Very Impressive. You can see he's using sport soft in the video.

I'm not taking this anymore! more FWD cracking for me haha!

In other news, I finally have a Ferrari!!! Looking forward to test that at Tsukuba~

Edit : Kito; *clap clap* Thumbs up!

wait im very skeptical as to if an EG hatch actually made it around tsukuba on drag radials in 59.1 are you sure those tires are not slicks?

Can someone please explain to me where to get drag radials? I'm not seeing them available for sale in my game!!!

did anyone figure out how to watch other peoples replays? Can't figure out how to put it in the same folder as the other replays.

righty...I'm with you on this...I'll go earn some GT cash and work on the miata as next project!

Let's keep the miata as a Naturally Aspirated competition. Don't feel like spending 30k on the big turbo. lol. Even though it is just 3 minutes on high speed ring to get it.

There is a import button at the replay screen but it doesn't import from the flash drive I think.

I'll keep trying and post results

From the saved data utility menu you go into your flash drive/usb drive and COPY data. It'll save it into your PS3 and then you go in game and use the import function in the replay theater and it'll now appear in the list on the right.

EDIT:::

If the folder you upload looks somewhat like this, "BCES00569-RPLY001.zip" it goes in the savedata folder in the usb drive.

For simplicity sake I upload the entire ps3 folder directory so all you have to do is take my folder and drop it in to your usb drive. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO OTHER PS3 FOLDER because it may overwrite the data on your drive which may be irreplaceable data.

Let's keep the miata as a Naturally Aspirated competition. Don't feel like spending 30k on the big turbo. lol. Even though it is just 3 minutes on high speed ring to get it.

I agree...it's so easy to become broke in this game. anyways, I'm pro NA in game and in real life..so no force induction for me!

Tommy Kaira ZZII '00
743 bhp 910kg 4WD
Turbo Chagred / Sport Soft Tires
TCS = 1 ABS = 1 Auto Trans

Ok so I used a smidge of TC (Really helped my corners) but man I'm chuffed with that time given I'm an AT nub, I'm still breaking in the Logitech DFGT and I'm normally a sub par TT racer by that standard.

That time has proved to me just now fantastic having a wheel really is, trashing that little bugger around the track while I span the wheel around leaning side to side in my chair, epic fun

Edit: Did you need the replay? part of me wants to show it off but most of me dreds this complexity and troubles you're all having with it... besides it's not the top time anyway heh

OK, birdyy's replay went into my GT5 folder and but everyone elses didnt. I dont understand why it only worked for one? managed to import it too.

That's what I do, but it only shows up on the PS3 saved data menu as a separate file, not in the saved GT5 stuff folder.

I'm trying it with birdy's replay

From the saved data utility menu you go into your flash drive/usb drive and COPY data. It'll save it into your PS3 and then you go in game and use the import function in the replay theater and it'll now appear in the list on the right.

EDIT:::

If the folder you upload looks somewhat like this, "BCES00569-RPLY001.zip" it goes in the savedata folder in the usb drive.

For simplicity sake I upload the entire ps3 folder directory so all you have to do is take my folder and drop it in to your usb drive. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO OTHER PS3 FOLDER because it may overwrite the data on your drive which may be irreplaceable data.

Last edited:
NEW RECORD

birdyy
Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
Forced Induction

yVGpk.jpg

*if you want more pics, ask.

Replay Attatched

It could be better as well. I got up by .2 at one point during another lap :crazy:

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    158.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Maybe the files being from austalia are different to ours and that's why it doesn't show up?

can anyone from the US upload a replay?

Birdyy, that is an insane lap for sports soft. I wish I could look at the replay to see how you did it. Very nice

Back