Mercedes SLS AMG Tune

• Thread starter vantage2
  • 13 comments
Surprised no one has listed a tune for this car as it's kind of the staple car of GT5, being on the cover and all.

Anyway, I maxed out the engine tuning at about 820hp, running soft racing tires, aero kit, and full custom suspension, full weight reduction (carbon hood too), and chassis strengthening. I lowered the car to -20 front and rear just because it looks so badass but probably isn't the best for handling even thought I raised the spring rates.

It handles ok (did a 51.7 on SSR5 (short)) but does not respond well to elevation changes (wheelies at the end of the straight at Trial Mountain, and is a handful on the Ring) and understeers a bit at lower speed. I want that sharp turn in feel a la Ferrari 458.

I think with proper tuning this car has some serious potential. Has anyone properly tuned this car? If so please share :)

Last edited:
I havent bothered to tune yet but when my SLS AMG was at 648 HP I ran a 6:26 on The ring. Now it's at about 83* But it's so much harder to drive on the stock set up and so much HP. I would love to see somebody make a good tune for this car.

I won my SLS from the AMG Driving Academy Advanced Challenge. This baby is nicely tuned and balanced. I put on a few things to give it that extra edge and boost in BHP and its something of a beast. I can post up my tune tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Was racing it against my mate's fully kitted Stealth Jaguar XJ13 Race Car on the Circuit De La Sarthe (No Chicanes) and i absolutely blasted that car. By the end of the straight i got it to about 215MPH and because the car is nicely balanced and i shoved some Racing Softs on it, it will eat through any corners you chuck it into.

Very nice car, but i think with some "advanced tuners" hands on it, you can get more power without losing the top notch handling.

I wish there were more people wanting a tune for a SLS AMG. You should post your set up. I wouldn't mind seeing what direction you took with your tune.

I have the Stealth Model SLS AMG and I don't think I did much, if anything, to the car but maximize downforce and change the brake controller around and it's my favorite handling car.

I won my SLS from the AMG Driving Academy Advanced Challenge. This baby is nicely tuned and balanced. I put on a few things to give it that extra edge and boost in BHP and its something of a beast. I can post up my tune tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Was racing it against my mate's fully kitted Stealth Jaguar XJ13 Race Car on the Circuit De La Sarthe (No Chicanes) and i absolutely blasted that car. By the end of the straight i got it to about 215MPH and because the car is nicely balanced and i shoved some Racing Softs on it, it will eat through any corners you chuck it into.

Very nice car, but i think with some "advanced tuners" hands on it, you can get more power without losing the top notch handling.

Did you win the 'tuned' SLS, like the one in the driving challenge or was it just a standard car?

If it's the tuned one can you post the relevant parameters so we can all match up our standard SLS' to it?

Hey guys, sorry its taken so long to reply back to you with my tune. Really busy day in my studies and stuff, not even time for babysitting b-spec bob tonight! 👎 Non the-less, i got that disc spinning in my PS3 just so i could share my settings.

Before i crack on, someone asked if the car i won was the "tuned" SLS or just a normal SLS. Now i won this car from getting all golds in the Advanced challenges (the one where you take the Gullwing round the track in the rain). This is not that particularly hard to complete to a gold standard to be totally honest.

Now the car itself says Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10. So i dont think that is the car that was "tuned specially by the Gran Turismo team" as it says in the first Intermediate AMG Challenge, and it did not have a wing on the back of the car, like the SLS used in the challenge.

So, my assumption is that the car is stock. However, when i added my own parts to the car, i feel that mine handles much better than the SLS you use in the AMG Driving Academy Challenges.
So, here is a list of the parts i used to give the car that extra edge.

Car: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Obtained: AMG Driving Academy (prize car via all gold trophies on Advanced challenges)

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 655BHP
Torque: 74 kgfm
Weight: 1615 kg

Parts

Tuning Shop:

Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter (Sports)
Racing Soft Tires

As far as tuning goes, I think the car is pretty much stock, i did no tuning what-so-ever. However, the car handles really well. and will get up to a top speed of 215mph.

I am now tinkering with my own tune now and will follow up tomorrow with the tune (should i feel its worthy of a post).

This will be my first tune, so please bare with me on this one.

Stay tuned people! :)

Last edited:
ok with a bit of modification and slight tuning i have done the following.

added a fully customisable gearbox
done all the weight reduction parts. The car now weighs in at 1313kg.

The car itself feels super light and still handles pretty well. However, it will now have a tendency to slightly oversteer. Which is not so bad if you can handle that. What im going for is ultimate handling. No understeer with very little oversteer so you are able to correct yourself in cornering with a dab of throttle.

Can anyone tell me how i can eliminate understeer? Especially under breaking?

Under braking the first place to look is in the Brake Balance Controller. I think having a slight bias in the front takes care of that. I like 6 / 4 for most of my cars.

Hey guys, sorry its taken so long to reply back to you with my tune. Really busy day in my studies and stuff, not even time for babysitting b-spec bob tonight! 👎 Non the-less, i got that disc spinning in my PS3 just so i could share my settings.

Before i crack on, someone asked if the car i won was the "tuned" SLS or just a normal SLS. Now i won this car from getting all golds in the Advanced challenges (the one where you take the Gullwing round the track in the rain). This is not that particularly hard to complete to a gold standard to be totally honest.

Now the car itself says Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10. So i dont think that is the car that was "tuned specially by the Gran Turismo team" as it says in the first Intermediate AMG Challenge, and it did not have a wing on the back of the car, like the SLS used in the challenge.

So, my assumption is that the car is stock. However, when i added my own parts to the car, i feel that mine handles much better than the SLS you use in the AMG Driving Academy Challenges.
So, here is a list of the parts i used to give the car that extra edge.

Car: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Obtained: AMG Driving Academy (prize car via all gold trophies on Advanced challenges)

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 655BHP
Torque: 74 kgfm
Weight: 1615 kg

Parts

Tuning Shop:

Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter (Sports)
Racing Soft Tires

As far as tuning goes, I think the car is pretty much stock, i did no tuning what-so-ever. However, the car handles really well. and will get up to a top speed of 215mph.

I am now tinkering with my own tune now and will follow up tomorrow with the tune (should i feel its worthy of a post).

This will be my first tune, so please bare with me on this one.

Stay tuned people! :)

thats about excactly what i did to mine straight away after i won it. the golding of those challenges was way way easier i had more trouble golding the previous ones lol.

i didn't want mine to have to much HP as i liked it how it was, gave it just engine 1 and it handles so well. its my favourite car to drive and i can average sub 7min times around the ring easily with a best of 6:39

Coincidently, I began tuning my SLS last night. The handling is perfect for my style of driving, though it is a bit bouncy at this point, specially in the 'Bring.

Once I'm done tuning, I will post it here.

FYI: Everything has been purchased, including soft racing tires and aerokit.

Back