Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

That's correct. If you want, you can leave me a comment ;)

Thanks for the Info, I will see what I can do with some of my pictures :)

Great stuff. That maserati picture made me do a double take! Damn gt5 is mind ****ing me! How do all you good photographers afford such elaborate cars?! [the 330 p4]

EmptySoul - Aah cool, I might stop by a bit later on.
GT5photographer - Thanks! :) Heheheh, I'll let you in on a little secret... the 330 P4 is Super Licence test number ... 4 I think, a one lap battle around Tokyo, I just took this from the replay :)
TVR&FF - Thanks, glad you like it :)

Last edited:
I really like your pictures tones and this new shot is no exception. I really like it.

Nicknamealguem - Thanks for the comment! Now... did you previously come here by a different name? You seem familiar but I can't pick the name, unfortunately!

Yes, I used to be named LdS, but I don't think you knew me back then. Still, a big fan of your GT4 work and a big fan as well of your GT5 stuff. 👍

Hehe, you will be glad to hear that your work was being appreciated by some esteemed scientists today... I took the liberty of setting one of your Madrid shots as my desktop wallpaper, and it has gained quite a few admirers, including a visiting party from the Chemistry department who came into my lab this afternoon for a whistlestop tour of our facilities. Needless to say, they were shocked to discover that the base image is from GT5 :sly:👍

Nicknamealguem - Aah I see! I do remember you! Thanks for the comment, glad you're enjoying my work :)
Touring Mars - Haha, thanks! Having somebody enjoy my work enough to set it as their desktop wallpaper is really flattering! Great to hear you're getting a few compliments on it too. :)

Very bold and love the deep red of the shot. Love the noise as well. Need to start doing that a bit more to my shots. Can't wait to see more!

Veeerryyy niceee. 👍 I'm a little worried by the compression quality of the replays, I noticed it in this pic, and with mine too today.. thought it was better earlier. I must be mistaken.

RetroGiant - Adding just a touch of noise to photos sometimes just adds a little bit of realism here and there. It's only a subtle thing, but it can look really great sometimes. :)
Sejtur - Thanks for the comment, glad you like it 👍

Aaaand now to my next update!
It's another Italian car I'm afraid... I promise I'll branch out.. soon. :P
A gorgeous Alfa Romeo at a blustery Monza (change weather). Hope you all enjoy it, do leave a comment!

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione @ Monza

Click for full size.

This is the best set of shots with weather change I've ever seen. Normally premium look quite standard with weather change, but yours isn't. It's great I tell you.

Damnit Rev. This is unbelievable. :drool:

Do you get inspiration from somewhere specific or do you just shoot and edit? Especially the middle 2 pics are so nice with reflections.

Pixelatic - Thanks for the comment! Yup, they've all been post-processed in Photoshop - although nothing too major.
gibki8 - Thank you :) Those two with the reflections and scenery were some of my favourites too!
Nicknamealguem - Thanks! I know what you mean, having no real defined shadows and a fairly flat white sky can often make the images lose a bit of 'pop', the upside is that the cars get very clearly defined reflections. I had two sets from Monza with this 8C, one when it was actually raining and this set where the rain had cleared but it remained very much overcast. Most of the shots in the rain came out fairly muddy, plus there was the weird pixelly spray thing.
speedthrill - Thanks :)
Sejtur - Thanks Sej! Hmm, I don't think I was directly inspired for this shoot, however I had a very clear image in mind of the sort of photos and the look and feel I wanted to achieve with them, that is to say the mature colour tones (without being desaturated), the overcast sky (with a hint that there may be a storm on the way) and just going for true realism with the colour tone and subtle noise. So yeah, it's less about direct inspiration and more about a clear direction in mind for the sort of photos I want to take before I start the shoot!

Wow, just wow. Very impressive Rev. The tone and comp on all is very nice and the ps work has only enhanced the feel of realism to me. Very nice indeed. That style you've got going is something I'd like achieve myself.

I really haven't had alot ot time on my hands to get some serious photo content going yet, but you and handful of others are certainly inspiring & in my frequent watch list.

Keep up the good work! 👍

Beautiful tone on the 8C and very realistic. You may wanna consider lowering the ride height or creating intense body roll for sports car action shot. Maserati was fine because it has a mix of luxury.

P4 is nicely done with the reflection. I really enjoy your new sig by the way.

RetroGiant

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione @ Monza

Click for full size.

Absolutely love this shot, can't believe I've never seen this gallery here before, its amazing the amount of great galleries you can miss.

GPR - Thanks for the comment, it's always nice to be appreciated :)
franz - Thank you :) Now that you mention it I did notice during post processing that the 8C does ride a tad high... I shall be sure to drop it a centimetre or two next time. Glad you like the sig, good ol' Helvetica Extra Light serves me well. :)
MSD Drifter - Thanks for stopping by! That 8C shot is one of my favourites too, the red on the wall at Monza really sets off the Competizione Red of the Alfa. :D

*Dies*

Not only is the car gorgeous to behold, but the colour match with the background is perfection and the composition is just right for the style of photo too. It's just a sublime photo, there's nothing more can be said! Mindblowing stuff all round but this one has really got me staring at it. :drool:

JKcreativeworks - Cheers! Glad you like it.
Moglet - Thanks Mog :) Yeah, like I said earlier, that one is one of my favourites, and total chance that I just happened to go for a photo when it was going past the full red barrier thing.

Now on with the show! I bought a Corvette ZR1 earlier with the intent to tune it up and use it in the American challenge in the Expert events, but couldn't resist giving it a spin stock-standard first on the Nurburgring, if for nothing else than to see if it could match that record-breaking time. And so here are some snaps of my hot lap! For these pics I tried to shy away a bit from the 'rig shot' style panning blurs which I've been so fond of for the vast majority of the other pics in this gallery (only two in this update!) and play a bit more with depth of field and interesting angles.

Let me know what you think!

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

7:26.4

A bit of post-lap celebration.

Click for full size.

Last edited:
You've certainly done a good job of capturing the action and the friskiness of the car! The only niggle I have is the wheels in the 1st photo, what happened there?!

Moglet - Hmm, you know, I don't even know what's happened there, nor did I notice it before you pointed it out! I think there is some sort of bug there when you drive on a rumble strip that the wheels just sorta go through it... I shall fix it tomorrow!

Moglet - Hmm, you know, I don't even know what's happened there, nor did I notice it before you pointed it out! I think there is some sort of bug there when you drive on a rumble strip that the wheels just sorta go through it... I shall fix it tomorrow!

Maybe it's extreme tyre deformation from the speeds you were driving at? :lol: They seem to have blurred strangely too, like the resolution was suddenly lowered or something...very bizarre! It's just another one of those photoshoot niggles in the game I guess. It doesn't detract anything from the photo though.

Moglet - Mmm, a photomode oddity indeed. Ah well, thanks for pointing it out, I've fixed it and uploaded a new version now, with no more tyre clipping issues, plus I've smoothed out the wheel blur a touch as well as a couple of other tweaks you might not notice.
TVR&FF - Thanks! That shot was my favourite of the bunch too.

Back