Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Nice variety of shots there, Rev. In Gt4 there were way more other angles that you had instantly, but now theres only a max of 7, but you can really do loads of stuff with the 1st angle so that kinda makes up for it. Also your tones are as always very nice and realistic. 👍

Bram Turismo - Thanks :) I am very fond of that pic... I didn't think much of it when I'd just taken it, but after getting it onto the computer and adjusting it a touch it grew on me :P
kanisama - Thanks for the comment :D
Frozen - Ta! It's almost scary how real GT5 photos can look sometimes, isn't it?
Sejtur - Mmmm, I'm missing how you could pause the replay and shoot from that replay angle instantly, you could get some very cool angles that way. I suppose the new walkaround mode does make up for it, it's very versatile, just time consuming to find some really unique sorts of angles. I'm not sure about there being a maximum of 7, I was driving on Suzuka yesterday taking a few pics and a couple of times it was showing anywhere up to 15 different angles to cycle through, mostly far off ones. Anywho, glad you're enjoying the colour tones :)

Easily my favorite set thus far. Loving the noise and tones in these. Feels like a real day at the track taking photos!

RetroGiant - Thanks! I was sort of going for that track day-ish sort of sidelines feel to the photos. :)
grillface - Thank ye kindly!
polifonic - Thanks for stopping by, glad you like it!
Arathorn - Glad you like them, thanks for the comment :)
ragnar666 - Haha, always good to see another Aussie about these parts! Thank you!

And now on to the next update! This one is a bit special, for a couple of reasons. In the spirit of Christmas I'll be posting three special updates over the next three days, with a surprise to come once they're all posted. All the cars have two things in common: they can be considered the 'forgotten models', cars which ought to have been in GT5 but aren't. But fear not! Thankfully with an aero part here and a coat of paint there, it's not too difficult to recreate them! The second thing they have in common is a surprise... all will be revealed on the third day!

For now enjoy part 1 of my three part Christmas special, and watch this space for much more very soon!

First up is my best recreation of a Fiat 500 Abarth.

____________________________________​

The 500 has been tuned to Abarth Esseesse spec, around 170hp with sports adjustable suspension, exhaust, intake manifold, stage 1 engine tuning, sports ECU, lightweight clutch and flywheel, close ratio gearbox and a set of sticky sports soft tyres.

On the outside she's got an Abarth style aero kit, including flared wheelarches and rooftop spoiler, and a racy set of white Enkei wheels. But what tops it off is the (amusingly expensive) Scuderia Rosso paint, care of an F430.

It's a heap of fun to throw around a racetrack, with tons of grip and quick acceleration thanks to the close ratios. It'll lap the Top Gear Test Track in low 1:32s, and the Nurburgring Nordschleife in around 9:25. Not too bad for a 1.2L engine!

Fiat 500 Abarth Spec in Scuderia Rosso @ San Gimignano

Bonus Round - Nurburgring Nordschleife!

Click for full size.

Watch this space for much more very soon, part two posted tomorrow.

Wow! :drool: Just wow. I can't believe I have missed this gallery. The best stuff from GT5 right here! Love your Abarth update, the colors work so well with that car. 👍

Shots are awesome as usual. But what I really like is how you put context to the pictures, from car's spec (realistically modded to real life counterparts) to track times for comparisons. It really makes one admire the car and photos more. Can't wait for the next update and surprise!

gibki8 - Thank you! At first I thought they might be too big, but they've grown on me since :)
atlop - Thanks atlop! I was experimenting for a while to pick a suitable colour tone and thought that the subtle hint of cyan set off that gorgeous Scuderia Rosso paint nicely :) Thanks for the comment!
kanisama - Haha, thanks! If you like the context to this one, then stay tuned, much more of the same coming very soon! I'll give you a hint for part two... it's somewhat more... Bavarian. :D

TVR&FF - Thanks for the comment :)
Chromatic9 - Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like the set.

I've updated the first post with a new section - specials - for this and any other special sets to come. There is also a hint or two about parts two and three of this Christmas update to come over the next couple of days... part two in a few hours time! Stay tuned!

ceiling_fan - Thanks! It's good to see you back!
JKcreativeworks - Thank you, glad you're liking the colours :)
Yui-san - Thank you for the comment!

And now on to part two of my Christmas Special... a stripped out, pumped up BMW in a eye popping shade of orange... the awesome BMW M3 GTS.

____________________________________​

This M3 is a bit special. It's been tuned to M3 GTS specification, which means about 460hp and a weight just a shade under 1490kg. It has stage 1 engine tuning, a sports exhaust, clutch and flywheel and sports adjustable suspension. In between you and the road are a set of hard racing tyres. The car has also been on a fair diet, with stage 1 weight reduction and a carbon bonnet, not to mention added body rigidity.

On the outside we have that lurid, retina-searing shade of orange, a lightweight set of BBS racing wheels, a carbon fibre front splitter and adjustable rear spoiler. Eye catching and very quick, it's a perfect track day car, and punches well above its weight with lap times! I put down a 1:19 around the Top Gear test track, and it'll lap the London circuit in an easy 58 seconds. Enjoy the pics!

BMW M3 GTS @ London

Click for full size.

Part three posted tomorrow.

Wow!! I had to double take and get really close to my computer squint etc just to make sure some of these pictures weren't real shots excelllent!!

:drool: That M3 looks great in orange! And great shots! I really need some advice from you! My shots never turn out this awesome :indiff:

Gamesta666 - Haha, thanks! I do my best to make my pics as realistic as possible :)
Yui-san - Aah, I'd be happy to give you a couple of tips if you like... feel free to send me a PM!
TVR&FF - Thanks TVR :) Do you mean the last two as in the last image with the two detail shots or that and the rear angle shot of the car?
sems4arsenal - Wow, thanks!
gibki8 - Hehe, I can tell you're a bit of a Fiat fan, no?
SNEJKi - Thank you SNEJKi!

Gamesta666 - Haha, thanks! I do my best to make my pics as realistic as possible :)
Yui-san - Aah, I'd be happy to give you a couple of tips if you like... feel free to send me a PM!
TVR&FF - Thanks TVR :) Do you mean the last two as in the last image with the two detail shots or that and the rear angle shot of the car?
sems4arsenal - Wow, thanks!
gibki8 - Hehe, I can tell you're a bit of a Fiat fan, no?
SNEJKi - Thank you SNEJKi!

Thanks! But I was acutally thinking about having you take a look at my gallery, and point out my mistakes/tell me how to improve:) Thanks if you can help!

Hehe, Revolution. actually from fiat I like only 5oo. I have one in my garage in GT5 on the same wheels as you have and I will post photos of it soon :D

Back