Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Those polaroids came out great. Fantastic work.

EDIT: What colour is that on the Gallardo? Is it original? Looks fab!

Really nice pics.

If it's not a secret, how do you get that polaroid efect? I came prety close after changing the photo to multichannel in Photoshop but then I could not save it as a Jepg. I'm guessing you're maybe just messing with the image adjutments variations settings. I dont care about the noise.

I used some plugins to get my Polaroid style photos. I think they were from DeviantArt.

Lovely lambo shots and I adore the polaroids! The images themselves look perfectly dated! I maybe would have grunged up the polaroid itself to complete the look and not be so perfectly white and clean, but that's extra work, not needed really. My favorite would have to be the top right countach shot. The tone and muddy noise is perfect. I seem to be using that word a lot when describing your shots lol.

Thanks! I did think about messing up the Polaroid itself but I really didn't have the time to go that far unfortunately.

On post 111, that first shot of the Lamborghini (lucky guy!) is gorgeous - where was that shot? The lighting is just sublime. (I can see just a hint of texture, but nothing in the reflections give away the spot...)

I love your use of noise and desaturation (not to mention the cool Polaroid frame) for your standard model shots. There are so many vehicles that I'd love to shoot - but so far, I've only worked with premiums... I think you've given me a little inspiration! 💡 Besides, it'll give me a break from my 5-shot bracket, 4-car HDR composite monstrosities!! :crazy:

The location is the night time Japanese area...I've no idea of the actual name but it has blossom falling and so on! I'm not good with names :lol: Working with the standard models isn't as bad as I imagined as long as you choose one of the better ones.

Ooh, supercool. Lovely work - They've all got a dark, moody feel to them, suits the Lambo I think :) My favourite verde ithaca really pops too, love what you've done with it :) First picture especially is great!

The polaroids are cool too, I love the old 500. My uncle has an old Cinquecento in white, it's an awesome little car!

The Lambo really does suit the dark, moody look, which is why I chose it! Thanks again for such an awesome car!

I truly am a fan of all your artwork, since GT4, through your real world photography and now GT5. The Lambo pictures are gorgeous and these Polaroid ones are really well represented, they look so old. Really amazing stuff. 👍

Thanks! It's good to see people following each other through all of their galleries. 👍

GPR
Woah haven't been on ther forums for a week and wow some good stuff is going on. Very nice work on the C63 mog, love it.

The Gallardo looks sweet, I like the first shot best. And the polaroids are really good too, they look funny but in good way if you know what I mean. Nice way to mix things up. 👍

I was aiming for the Polaroids to be light hearted and not taken too seriously, so that's good news! :)

Haha, looks like my grandparents going to Alps in their honeymoon with a 500! xD

That's exactly the sort of look I was going for! :lol:

Those polaroids came out great. Fantastic work.

EDIT: What colour is that on the Gallardo? Is it original? Looks fab!

Thanks! The colour was chosen by Revolution. It's a green that's found on the Murcielago (I think) but he's transferred it to the Gallardo.

Great polaroid shots.

Thankyou for visiting :)

Stellar work as usual.

Did you do your own toning for the Polaroids or use a plugin?

I use a plugin, I wouldn't have the patience to spend that long editing each one by hand!

Lamborghini H2H Entry

Click to enlarge

Veyron Chrome
Who says standard models are ugly?

Click to enlarge

The head2head shots is immaculate! It has such emotion, like a sunday drive in the country feel. The tones blend beautifully. The veyron shot came out really nice as well. Standard models can definitely turn out great if you know how to shoot them, case and point your shot! Great work my friend!

I really like the H2H shot you did with Rev's Lambo. Mt. Aso is far and away my favourite theme, but I always build the track as narrow as possible, so its nice to get the feeling of wide open free space from your shot. It's calm, but full of motion, both at the same time. Awesome!

The Veyron shot... tricked GT into letting you get that close, huh? ;). I have a theory the hyper-TT and the Jag XFR will be some of the first cars we'll see Premiumized if there's any weight to the rumour of PD upgrading Standards. Since it's of better quality than a lot of others, anyways. I like the shot, though that's mostly down to the angle and view; it doesn't really focus much on the Veyron, which I'm kind of surprised by since you Dubai'd it out!

I've yet to even partake in the track builder but I'm definitely going to give it a try this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

I really like the H2H shot you did with Rev's Lambo. Mt. Aso is far and away my favourite theme, but I always build the track as narrow as possible, so its nice to get the feeling of wide open free space from your shot. It's calm, but full of motion, both at the same time. Awesome!

I didn't even think of changing the track width :lol: Whoops! I suppose it worked out in the end though. :)

The Veyron shot... tricked GT into letting you get that close, huh? ;). I have a theory the hyper-TT and the Jag XFR will be some of the first cars we'll see Premiumized if there's any weight to the rumour of PD upgrading Standards. Since it's of better quality than a lot of others, anyways. I like the shot, though that's mostly down to the angle and view; it doesn't really focus much on the Veyron, which I'm kind of surprised by since you Dubai'd it out!

I've found that if you get close to the actual car but use a wide angle, you can get fairly close without it telling you to move back.But don't let the angle trick you, only the wheels are chrome! The rest is painted in a metallic beige colour! For some reason it came out with really really reflective doors :lol:

GLITCH

I went a bit mental while listening to some CacheFlowe :lol: It won't be to everyone's tastes, but I like it!

PLEASE FULL SIZE! I assure you it's worth it!

GLITCH

I went a bit mental while listening to some CacheFlowe :lol: It won't be to everyone's tastes, but I like it!

PLEASE FULL SIZE! I assure you it's worth it!

How on Earth did you manage this? :drool:

Lamborghini H2H Entry

Click to enlarge

Fantastic shot!

I need to work something up for R6, I already feel if I make it into the Top 20 again, I'll be banging heads with you. :lol:.

Very nice. That location is brilliant. :) You already know how much I love the car! That shot has a sort of serene feel to it... interesting as that Lambo is anything but!

The Veyron shot is very cool, sort of reminds me of the old Bling wheels which 440 CHARGER used to be so fond of in GT4!

As for the glitchy one, that's supercool. Looks like one of those abstract wallpapers, as RG said :)

Whao! I love that effect of the photoshop glitch? How was that achieved? The method I know of is quite tedious and doesn't seem to give me quite random results and requires a lot of time. Would definitely love to know how it was achieved. Although I might have an idea :)

Lambo shot looks very epic, I'm a bit intimidated to enter now :D

I love the idea, behind the shot. 👍

Thanks for visiting :)

I like it a lot, has a great urban abstract wallpaper style to it.

That's the look I was going for, so it's good to see it has had the desired effect! 👍

How on Earth did you manage this? :drool:

Fantastic shot!

I need to work something up for R6, I already feel if I make it into the Top 20 again, I'll be banging heads with you. :lol:.

The 'Glitch' shot involved a lot of brushes and a lot of layers! Thanks for your feedback on the updates. :)

Very nice. That location is brilliant. :) You already know how much I love the car! That shot has a sort of serene feel to it... interesting as that Lambo is anything but!

The Veyron shot is very cool, sort of reminds me of the old Bling wheels which 440 CHARGER used to be so fond of in GT4!

As for the glitchy one, that's supercool. Looks like one of those abstract wallpapers, as RG said :)

I wanted to give the impression of driving a Lambo on the open road on a quiet but sunny day, and I like to think that the photo gives the impression of driving toward the horizon!

Oh my the Lambo shot is gorgeous!

The glitch is very awesome as well. I can't stop staring at it. :lol:

:lol: Thanks for your comments!

Whao! I love that effect of the photoshop glitch? How was that achieved? The method I know of is quite tedious and doesn't seem to give me quite random results and requires a lot of time. Would definitely love to know how it was achieved. Although I might have an idea :)

Lambo shot looks very epic, I'm a bit intimidated to enter now :D

As I've mentioned above, it required a lot of layers and a lot of brushes. And a lot of time :P Thanks for visiting!

Hot Lexus HDR

Another HDR. A subtle HDR for a mad, flaming hot car! I decided to balance the subtlety of the HDR with some wild tones and an extreme angle to suit the styling of the car.

Click to enlarge

Exactly what Jamie said. I love it in orange, too.

I'm thinking of painting my in Envy, no, not the emotion - there's an actual swatch (a green one) called "Envy". :lol:

Awesome job Mog. Love the colour and light. And the angle very much does suit. To me subtle HDR is usually best and this is a perfect example. 👍

Wild is a good way to put it! Angle is very aggressive and in your face, I love it. Sky looks amazing too. It almost has a cross-processed feel to it as well. I didn't care for my Toyota I had in the outrageous orange. I just couldn't get it to look right. Yours looks stunning without being over bearing. Great job once again.

Good God, that thing looks mad! :drool:

The blue hue to it seems to work quite well for the background, but I think there's a little bit too much blue tint on the rubber and rear splitter of the car. Splitter? That carbon aero thingy underneath it :P

Good lord that is just mean! Such a great angle, and I love that you got the cloud reflection off the spoiler. The tones are great and really set the car off. Great job.

I love the lighting. :)

Exactly what Jamie said. I love it in orange, too.

I'm thinking of painting my in Envy, no, not the emotion - there's an actual swatch (a green one) called "Envy". :lol:

I've not seen that swatch anywhere, is it a bright green? I'll have to try and find it!

GPR
Awesome job Mog. Love the colour and light. And the angle very much does suit. To me subtle HDR is usually best and this is a perfect example. 👍

Thanks for your feedback, the HDR came out better than I expected!

SVX
Lovely gallery Moglet. That Lexus is amazing!

Thankyou :)

Wild is a good way to put it! Angle is very aggressive and in your face, I love it. Sky looks amazing too. It almost has a cross-processed feel to it as well. I didn't care for my Toyota I had in the outrageous orange. I just couldn't get it to look right. Yours looks stunning without being over bearing. Great job once again.

Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone so talented! I'm sure you could get yours to look good with a bit of time 👍

Good God, that thing looks mad! :drool:

The blue hue to it seems to work quite well for the background, but I think there's a little bit too much blue tint on the rubber and rear splitter of the car. Splitter? That carbon aero thingy underneath it :P

I did notice that and tried editing it out but it stood out a mile as it was the only true black in the image, so I decided to keep it blue. I sort of think it would look good in blue instead of black underneath :lol:

Good lord that is just mean! Such a great angle, and I love that you got the cloud reflection off the spoiler. The tones are great and really set the car off. Great job.

The angle took ages to get right so I'm glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by.

Rally Colours

I do love messing about with colours in Photoshop. Back in GT4 it was sort of my speciality and it's nice to be able to spend less time on cleaning up cars and more time on doing something a bit more....'out there'. This was inspired by the music of Epic45, Boards of Canada and M83.

Week 7 contest entries

2.0 Advanced

PMC

Click to enlarge any photo

I was hoping to see an update when I saw your pmc entry. These made me kinda giggle in the sense that they are just that good (kind of a "seriously? :drool:" type laugh, lol. Very artistic and all set a great mood. I appreciate that in every single shot you look to do something new and fresh! Your gallery is one of my key inspirations man. Keep up the fantastic work!

Last edited:
Back