Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Hm. Decisions, decisions....

I think your rejected shot has a unique tenacity; it's a great shot, has plenty of light (which without editing is hard to achieve going through that dimly-lit/dark tunnel). I think in all honesty I'd prefer the reject as to what you submitted. Both are fantastic, but the second one just captures my eye more.

There's no doubt in my mind that the tunnel shot was the safer option. I get the feeling it would please more people. But I just preferred the unique look of the other one. I'm hoping there will be nothing else like it in the poll (if it makes it into the poll)

I have to agree with Terronium about your 2.0 entry. It's true, the actual entry may be more unique but the reject is allot more catchy.
Anyway, I prefer your PMC entry, amazing in every aspect (not that the others weren't) but it is one of the best entries I've seen so far.

Hmm, well the tunnel shot is very nice and more dynamic in action appeal but I personally like the the first one better. The washed out harmonious tones are really really nice, love the soft colours and although the shot is very static in appearance the out of focus background scenery on the left give the shot a hint of atmosphere.

But hey both are great I just prefer the paint like look of the first more. Once again outstanding work. 👍 👍

Loving your PMC entry! 👍

I also like your first 2.0 entry more, but probably because it's more my style. :)

The first entry is really rich in detail and I like the composition. Although the first 2.0 Competition entry you submitted was more catchy than the new one, I have to say that I like how you emphasized the actual purpose of the car by photographing it from that perspective, showing that large wing. In my opinion, you made the right choice - not least because of the phenomenal blur, lighting and cleaness. ;)

Either shot is a winner imo Mog. I really like them all! I do love the tones you were able to achieve in the current entry.

Thanks for all of your feedback guys, I'm trying to get round to visiting peoples' galleries but I've been pretty busy recently, so I'll try and do it soon. 👍

For now, here's another update.

Clean and.....unfiltered?!

It appears that my name is now often associated with washed out images, experimental colours and noise, so I decided to do the complete opposite, sort of to prove to myself that I could! It's had very minor tweaks to the colour but it's mostly stock. Let me know what you think as this is a fairly dramatic change for me! :lol:

Click to enlarge

Last edited:
Very crisp and bright looking. Not bad for near stock. Although I persoanlly do prefer your ps magic you do most of the time.

Nice composure too.

money2prev.jpg

Love that thing! Like the colors!

:lol: Dramatic change Mog .As a Owner of the Xanavi I find it really difficult to photograph it without Filters it looks too bright so to speak but Your picture really is extremely well done 👍 Maybe you should consider adding one Stock image every now and then.

Still love your P shopped more tough :D

Thanks for all of your feedback guys, I'm trying to get round to visiting peoples' galleries but I've been pretty busy recently, so I'll try and do it soon. 👍

For now, here's another update.

Clean and.....unfiltered?!

It appears that my name is now often associated with washed out images, experimental colours and noise, so I decided to do the complete opposite, sort of to prove to myself that I could! It's had very minor tweaks to the colour but it's mostly stock. Let me know what you think as this is a fairly dramatic change for me! :lol:

Click to enlarge

Truly stunning work, I now have a new iPad background. Thanks 👍

Nice treatment Mog! :D I liked your use of experimental colours, it was... different, but your stock images are just as good, it's just the others had moar chutzpah! :dopey:

Its a smooth one for sure. I'm kinda in the same boat as you as my shots start forming a pattern or maybe it should more so be called a style. I'm trying to break it up as well. Good job Mog!

I personally wouldn't be worried about being associated with a style but of course it's always good to break out now and again.

That being said, it's a very nice shot. Even though it doesn't show the entire car it still portrays some aggression and attitude, which I believe the car has.

I think style indeed is the best answer. But i wouldn't worry for that guys.
Because that is an artistic style, that you may never let go, it is very good!
👍

Really cool shot! Literally with the tones too haha. I gotta do this too maybe because people may think thesame about me. :P

GPR
Very crisp and bright looking. Not bad for near stock. Although I persoanlly do prefer your ps magic you do most of the time.

Nice composure too.

Thanks GPR, it was hard not to mess about with this shot in Photoshop!

I think it looks good, either way. The colors and compositions are where the money is at, filters are a bonus.

I like bonuses.

I think the GTR is winking at me...

Hot

:lol: It wasn't meant to be winking at you!

Love that thing! Like the colors!

Thanks krakozy

:lol: Dramatic change Mog .As a Owner of the Xanavi I find it really difficult to photograph it without Filters it looks too bright so to speak but Your picture really is extremely well done 👍 Maybe you should consider adding one Stock image every now and then.

Still love your P shopped more tough :D

I'm definitely going to be adding more stock photos now, the feedback has been great!

Truly stunning work, I now have a new iPad background. Thanks 👍

I'm glad I could provide you with a background! 👍

Nice treatment Mog! :D I liked your use of experimental colours, it was... different, but your stock images are just as good, it's just the others had moar chutzpah! :dopey:

I definitely still love the filtered images, don't worry :P

Its a smooth one for sure. I'm kinda in the same boat as you as my shots start forming a pattern or maybe it should more so be called a style. I'm trying to break it up as well. Good job Mog!

I think it's a good thing to have a style or a particular way of working with images, but sometimes it's nice to take a break from the norm too :)

SVX
Really nice shot, Mog. I like the crispness in it.

Thanks for your feedback

I personally wouldn't be worried about being associated with a style but of course it's always good to break out now and again.

That being said, it's a very nice shot. Even though it doesn't show the entire car it still portrays some aggression and attitude, which I believe the car has.

It definitely has aggression and attitude! After driving it with my wheel back in use, I can confirm that :lol:

Fantastic gallery, love your style!! 👍

Thanks for stopping by Aleman!

I think style indeed is the best answer. But i wouldn't worry for that guys.
Because that is an artistic style, that you may never let go, it is very good!
👍

Great work man... continue

Thankyou to both of you, I will carry on 👍

Really cool shot! Literally with the tones too haha. I gotta do this too maybe because people may think thesame about me. :P

Well like I've said before, it's always good to have your own style but breaking away from it now and then can do wonders for your creativity too! 👍

Mog, if there was a tier list of GT5 photographers, you'd be in the S-Class.

Wow, thanks! To be honest, I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near as good as a lot of the members on here but I'm glad people like my work :)

Ginetta G4 - Standard & Stock

Standard model and Stock photos, that is! This is my baby racer, a '64 Ginetta G4 in Lotus Yellow. It only produces 273bhp but in a car that weighs only 416kg, that gives it 656 hp per ton. Hence, it goes like....something off a shovel :lol:

Anyway, these are stock shots from GT5, the only editing being sharpening, resize and minor contrast enhancements. I've used a different in game filter for each one. I tried to do something a bit different and I hope it worked. Let me know what you think!

Click any box to enlarge it

Back