Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
United Kingdom
NG9
Shin_Roh
Concours Club has regrettably closed its doors for business, but please feel free to look around and maybe invite a registered driver to your own races if this is the kind of racing you're interested in. 👍 [Nov|6|2011]

banner4.png

[Con-cours] - a public contest or competition.​

Welcome to your one stop shop for single make same tune racing!
Here at concours everyone uses the same car and the same settings, down to the tiniest detail.

If you like the sound of that then come on in and join the fun. Meet people who enjoy fair and equal racing for your friends list, set up race meets in your favourite cars, or play along with my weekly race series. Whatever your passion, you are welcome!

Currently Registered Drivers
Captain Roh; Crispy74; DOUQA; D34NO_33; Spagetti69; Cpt. Disaster; Stevisiov; Denilson; Marooned; Zeeco_9; Nitrovious; dhandes; Mchid81; paginas1; Talon; akmuq; GTP_roadrunner; WIL9731; Sohvakettu; BlacqueJacques; chacha; bigberry; KamyKaze1098; gurdiell; Burr-uk; sparky69; bluesix; Rotorist; wildaeros; weescotman; KYLB0T; RalliArt/////; Pigaroo; diplo; JerseyBoy85ss; TrackBound7; Diabolical_J; kemp333; cobrius; VBR; Dragonistic; decho; w-g-e; StefanBellof; Aderrrm; sparkysun2113; streetfighter80; MrMulsanne
If you wish to join please post responding to the following:
1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR?
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully?
3. Is there anything you dont understand?
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
Post your answers along with your PSN

Credit and Many Thanks to DOUQA for the Video.

Last edited:
raceseries3.png

: Scheduled Concours Race Series :​

Each week I shall be hosting a one make race series for me and my new friends (that's you :D). As you are all aware lobbies are restricted to 16 competitors. If the first lobby becomes full, don't worry because you can still compete. At this time I will designate a second lobby host for overspilled registered members. Potentially there is no limit to how many people can simultaneously participate in these series. However if second lobbies are required there are a few guidelines hosts must follow:

1. Most important first; all competitors agree to and must abide by the OLR
2. All car criteria is met as outlined in weekly race events
3. Hosts will clearly outline race schedules
4. Only one scheduled race series per week per host

Please note that if you are tasked with creating a second lobby all above guidelines must be adhered to. Also, please refer to 'Current Criteria' for appropriate race scheduling format.

Any questions suggestions or comments regarding anything within this thread are welcomed. Please don't hesitate to type :)

random.png

: IMPORTANT INFORMATION :

I suggest we all give each other plenty of respect because damage WILL be set to heavy and trust me, its quite an accurate system. If you crash you'll know about it for sure! And so will the other guy :ouch: So be careful. Grip reduction is set to real, and all aids will be switched off, except traction control for those that use it.
The OLR is 'mentioned', but I expect more than just a quick skim through it from competitors. No you dont have to use a GTP tag, but all the rules concerning track etiquete and clean fair racing absolutely have to be adhered to!! I will not tollerate disrespectful driving. If you disregard the boundaries of the track, ie hitting grass in corners or using run offs, or drive in a generally too aggressive manner, you will receive one warning only. If you continue to behave inapropriatly you will be banned.
If you are respectful, a little aggressive driving is fine. However, clean and fair always comes first. You should employ a zero contact policy when racing to be sure.
As a side note, I wont be responding to any posts in this thread concerning incidents on track. If you wish to make a complaint, contact me by PM and we can talk about it in private. There's nothing wrong with venting here, but nothing will be resolved in public 👍 Also... I appreciate photos, but if you're going to post them here can you keep them to a maximum width of 600 pixels please. Thank you.
With regards to racing each week, the only thing guaranteed to be allowed, is a new paint job, a set of new rims, and a full run in and oil change for your engine. Other than that, please check the Current Criteria for additional parts on scheduled meets. Any changing of settings is strictly prohibited unless stated in the Current Criteria section also.

And thats it. Have fun guys 👍

cliov6current.png

Scheduled Event: Pending
Track: [-] [-] [-]

Car: -
Tyres: -
Aero Parts: -
Tuning Parts: -
Settings: -
Traction Control: -
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

Last edited:
weeksgoneby2.png

: Week One, Ferrari 458 :

result.png

: Week Two, Integra Race Mod :

overallresult.png

: Week Three, Scooby Vs Evo :

rallyresult.png

: Week Four, Gran Turismo 350zRS :

350zresult2.png

: Week Five, NASCAR :

nascarresults.png

: Week Six, Audi R8 :

R8result.png

: Week Seven, Suzuki Swift :

swiftresult.png

: Week Eight, Amuse S2000 GT1 :

gt1result.png

: Week Nine, Corvette Z06 RM :

z06result.png

: Week Ten, Mercedes Benz SLS :

SLSresults.png

: Week Eleven, Spoon CRZ :

spooncrzresult.png

: Week Twelve, 96' Elise RM :

elise96RMresult.png

: Week Thirteen, BMW M3 Coupe :

wk13correction.png

: Week Fourteen, Corvette ZR1 :

ZR1result.png

: Week Fifteen, Corvette ZR1 [GT1] :

GTzr1result.png

: Week Fifteen, BMW M3 Coupe [GT2] :

GT2m3result.png

: Week Sixteen, Lexus SC430 SUPERGT :

resultsc430.png

: Week Seventeen, BMW 1M :

1mresult.png

: Week Eighteen, Nissan GT-R SpecV :

gtrresult.png

: Week Nineteen, Alfa Romeo 147 :

147result.png

: Week Twenty, Lexus IS F RM :

ISFRMresult.png

: Week Twenty One, Ford Mustang Mach 1 :

mach1result.png

: Week Twenty Two, Ferrari 512BB :

512result.png

: Week Twenty Three, Mazda RX-7 GT-X :

rx7fcresult.png

: Week Twenty Four, Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT :

supraresult.png

: Week Twenty Five, Mercedes Benz 300 SL :

300slresult.png

: Week Twenty Six, Ferrari 430, Scuderia :

scuderiaresult.png

: Week Twenty Seven, Aston Martin DB9 :

astonRresult.png

: Week Twenty Eight, Cateram Fireblade :

cateramresult.png

: Week Twenty Nine, Mazda RX7 TC [GT1] :

rx7tcresult.png

: Week Twenty Nine, TVR Tuscan RM [GT2] :

tvrrmresult.png

Last edited:
I'm in. You knew that already of course.

Hopefully see some old regulars stopping by, like the guys from the F1 league.

Anybody who is new here, I highly recommend this series as a way to pop your GTP Online Race Series cherry. We should have a great bunch of fair and friendly racers of varying pace joining up. I can't wait to get started.

Is the 458 on the recommended online cars list Roh?

Looks good Captain , l'm in .
Good car choice , bought one last week , was surprised to find a 7 gear transmission . :)

Is the 458 on the recommended online cars list Roh?

Of that i'm not quite certain Douq's. To anyone who's not yet bought one though.. you're missing out, seriously! Nitro will testify ;) Cheers for being here guys, i kept your seats warm :D

Last edited:
Ok,sounds good. I'll pick one up next time I go to town;)

I've been using the auto credit grind on my GTP account anyway so money is no issue. (Don't hate me haters)

EDIT: 300th post!:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm in too, but I'm working this Sunday, so I'll miss this one and if it's gonna be Sunday only then I'll miss the next 3 weeks too....

I'm definitely in for this Capt, but you already know that mate! 👍

Nicely laid out post too, good to see some of your pics up. Hopefully we'll get a nice big crowd for these events. Good choice of car to begin with, the 458 is a lovely drive as stock.

Cor blimey! This sub forum moves fast. I didnt think online racing was up to speed quite yet. Lets keep the forum active for all to see eh fellas! Get some major crowds in. :D

I'm in too, but I'm working this Sunday, so I'll miss this one and if it's gonna be Sunday only then I'll miss the next 3 weeks too....

Sorry to hear that mate, i'll check my schedule and talk to the guys, maybe after this first one we can move slightly to better suit everyone 👍 Or you could skip work!? lol No mate i'm kidding.. We'll see what we can do :)

Last edited:
Roh, on replays; When you save an online race its not possible to switch cars, its just your own replay. Its easy to copy to a stick and compress it on your PC. The thing is the replays are too big to add to a post here, even when zipped. I have a 6 lapper at DF that won't fit.

They'd have to be posted elsewhere, Mediafire.com seems good. A friend regularly posts his music there for me(His own music, NOT PIRACY). Accounts are free but anyone who would like to submit their replay needs to have one. You don't need one to download.

I'd be happy to have a go at compiling a highlight reel, though I can't promise anything too special.

Maybe you could make saving the replay mandatory and anyone who thinks they have some decent moves can submit, and you could also request replays from participants in the event of a/repeated complaint/s about driving etiquette.

Just some ideas(and a bump:))

An interesting insight mate thanks for doing the leg work 👍 I wonder why they changed format from GTPrologue though, replay sharing was easy as well as quite useful. As for trying out a highlight reel thats completely up to you, i know it takes some time so with that in mind its also up to any competitor as to wether they would like to save and share replays. I want to keep it light and breezy in here, and besides I trust everyone who's involved so far to race clean and fair, but if numbers get bigger and complaints get more frequent then it could be implemented in future.

I would of loved to share race nights with everyone browsing the thread though. As well as being entertaining it would generate some interest too. Maybe i'll try with my camera again, its just the damn uploads! It can take hours for a 10 minute movie!! :irked:

Captain as you know already, I am in. I have to beat that Nitrovious guy this time :grumpy:

Last edited:
Captain as you know already, I am in. I have to beat that Nitrovious guy this time :grumpy:

:lol: I'll steer clear of you's guys on track antics. Dont want to get in the middle of a little friendly rivalry ;)

I suggest we all steer clear of each other for that matter, because damage WILL be set to heavy and trust me, its quite an accurate system. If you crash you'll know about it for sure! And so will the other guy :scared: So be careful. Grip reduction is also set to real, and all aids will be switched off, except traction control for those that use it.

Apart from that its a straight race to the finish. Enjoy gentlemen! I know I will :)

I'm in captain, looking forward to catching up with the boys from f1. Just reading the replay stuff confused me without trying it lol. The 458 isn't in the recommend garage and I've noticed that it goes up about 50/80 bhp after running in and oil change so if you have not got one get one quick people and start slapping some mileage on it.
I'll let a few lads know over the next couple of days and see if we can get some new drivers in.

Great idea mate, I'll be there too as you know. Should make for some
close (not too close please!) and interesting racing. Cheers Captain!

l guess l better put some miles on that car , don't want to get smoked the first week .:)

To be honest i think the difference is negligible, its only when bhp is increased by tuning parts that you notice any difference. Or at least that seems to be the experience in my case. Just make sure to oil change before you come racing. Cant go wrong then 👍

Cheers douqa, for the heads up on Psn. Put me down for this.

Welcome dhandes, glad you could join us! Its looking as though we might just squeeze a full lobby on our maiden outing. That'd be nice :) Awesome avatar too 👍 I actually only went to see Tron because I heard they'd done the soundtrack, turned out to be an alright move too!

Last edited:
Ok found you. Still room for one more Captain?

We will have to run an honour system won't we?

Things like custom transmission. Gearbox etc. Sit outside the lobby restrictions. I think.

I'm clean. Lol.

Ok found you. Still room for one more Captain?

We will have to run an honour system won't we?

Things like custom transmission. Gearbox etc. Sit outside the lobby restrictions. I think.

I'm clean. Lol.

Of course mate, your seat was booked from the beginning 👍

That said, i think i've failed to properly get across the point of this thread.. It isnt an exclusive single lobby championship, nor is the focus on my race series. Its meant to be somewhere single make race fans can come and meet like minded people, set up their own races or play along with my series. If we get 16 people who want to race my series.. awesome!! 👍 26 people and we'll run two simultaneous lobbies. 50 people.. 4 lobbies etc etc.. There is no limit to how many people can join, .. none! And with that in mind....

I'd be willing to join too.

.... you are very welcome my friend 👍 Bring as many people as you like :)

With regards to the honour system, i dont see why anyone would seek out a same tune series just to cheat. However the fact we're all running the same tune will work in our favour as the unscrupulous few will stick out like soar thumbs. And then get kicked! :D Honesty's the best policy here peeps 👍

Welcome to all who've signed up.

The 458 is a nice car. I need to try and drive it a bit more to run it in rather than spending ages in photo mode.

Zeekon , Akmuq and l had a bit of a practice session today , good fun .
This car sure does eat up the tires .

Wow I love this car. Not suited to Trial Mountain but I had so much fun sliding it around. Also to look out for in the race. My car is a mirror(silver chrome) and Zeeco's car is girly(pink) Youre not going to miss them 2.:lol:

^ Just don't tell anyone you're from GTP if you don't have the tag. :mischievous::P

I'm up for this too, I'm so sick of skimming through the public lobbies looking for a decent race. It seems like every car out there is on race softs and has every part possible. Counter_Steer

Latest Posts

Back