Avid Racing Factory [UPDATED 01/02/11]

• Thread starter vett'e
  • 332 comments
Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08

*BY ADOPTING THIS TUNE, YOU AS THE THIRD PARTY HAVE READ THE DISCLAIMER ON THE FIRST POST AND HAVE UNDERSTOOD ITS CONTENTS*

One of the more expensive purchases currently in my garage. I usually don't buy my cars but rather win them through B-spec, but this I bought because of the German Touring Car Championship on A-spec Extreme. Frankly speaking, this is one bloody good car. I raced it right out of the dealers without ANY modification and managed to come on top in the races, albeit some close rivalry - but that's what racing is about. Anyhow, Avid has transformed this car into something even more spectacular.

First impressions of the car was its tendency to over-steer on exit, and some noticeable under-steer on mid-corner. Turn in is good but not as sharp as I would have expected, but nevertheless it is one of the better cars I was impressed with without after market modifications. Looking at the replays and telemetry, I observed that the car's weight did meant the car suffered some body roll (though not much), this translated to loss of grip on the inside tires thus losing grip while coasting through undulated bends. This was rectified by replacing the stock anti-roll bars for stronger ones and also lowering the car's height for a lower centre of gravity, resulting in less weight transfer. The springs rates were also stiffened by around 20% so there's less slide. The stock damper configuration was good, but some tuning saw slight decrease in the front compression rate to allow better entry.

The car's tendency to over-steer was quickly remedied by tweaking the LSD by lowering the acceleration sensitivity, yet increasing the initial torque by roughly 60%. Deceleration sensitivity was also slightly dropped for better coasting. The overall effect meant the car was less prone to snap-steer, yet retaining its cornering ability.

Lastly, down force on the front and rear were both increased with a front bias to promote hard acceleration through bends. Furthermore, the increase in down force also helps decrease braking distance.

Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08
Power: 758 @ 7300rpm
Torque: 553ft-lb @ 6300rpm
Curb Mass: 1350 kg
Weight Distribution: 54 / 46

Requirements:
- purchase car from dealer for 700k credits
- install a stage 3 turbo
(I painted mine matte-white to accentuate the fins, extensions and under-tray of the car, I really geek on these things)

Aerodynamics: 30 / 52
Initial Torque: -- / 28
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 24
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 18
Ride Height: 4 / 2
Spring Rate: 16.9 / 16.7
Extension: 8 / 7
Compression: 6 / 7
Anti-roll Bars: 5 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.6 / 2.2
Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.16
Brake Balance: 8 / 6

Fastest lap on Suzuka F1 circuit with 2:03.xxx and 1:57.xxx with Racing Hard and Racing Soft tires respectively.

Enjoy!

Am I missing something? I did what you said, purchased the car, stage 3 turbo but the power is still at 650hp, with the stage 3 engine upgrade it would get to the power you mention but as that isn't a requirement I'm confused...

I just wanted to say that I love your tunes. Avid is the first brand that I look for when searching for tunes and I'm even preferring to use cars that you have tuned...

Compared to others, Avid tunes have just the right balance of handling and stability. I find that some tunes go crazy for toe-in and use imbalanced front-rear settings that imbalance the car. This almost makes me think they are "winging it" and tuning for an unusual personal style.

If I had minor requests for Avid, those would be: I'd like to see you tune more race cars and work on tunes specific to Nurburgring. I'd also love some commentary and YouTube videos that actually show the "work in progress" of your tunes; perhaps showing how the same series of turns look with different settings so we can all gain a better understanding of the principles.

Sheer

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

This drives real nice. I have probably done more A spec miles in this than any other car. The weight and horsepower are standard but this car will still win ferrari events, supercar events and MR events.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
528 HP
1350 kg

Requirements: Aero mods, FC suspension.

Tyres: Racing Medium
Aerodynamics: 15 / 31
Transmission: --
Initial Torque: --
Acceleration Sensitivity: --
Braking Sensitivity: --

Ride Height: 0 / 0
Spring Rate: 7.4 / 9.0
Extension: 7 / 7
Compression: 5 / 5
Anti-roll Bars: 3 / 3
Camber: -2.4 / -1.9
Toe: 0.00 / -0.27

Brakes: 3 / 2

I bought this car just for the bonus race and now I have a new favorite car!👍

So currently I am tuning a Shelby Cobra 427 '66
I have a problem... In the middle of all corners my rear end starts to skid out and I have tried everything to correct it. I think the problem is that I can not achieve the correct amount of downforce on the rear of the car, but does anyone have some ideas that can correct this without the use of a wing (since no aero kits are available for the Cobra).I have tried adjusting the roll bar, camber, toe, spring rate, and ride height along with all the lsd settings.
My current settings are......

608 hp (No Turbo/Supercharger)
961 kg

SUSPENSION
Ride height: -12, -10
Spring Rate: 7.1, 4.8
Dampers (extension): 4, 6
Dampers (compression): 3, 5
Anti-Roll Bar: 6, 3
Camber Angle (-): 1.4, 1.2
Toe Angle: -.10, .15

LSD
Initial Torque: X, 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: X, 30
Braking Sensitivity: X, 20

BRAKES
Brake Balance: 6, 2

Help me please

@Vett'e Would it be too much to ask, if I asked for a tune for the Dodge Challenger R/T '70? It would be very appreciated :)

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank you for your Fairlady Z33 tune. The car felt incredible with your settings. The car grips so well, and even when the rear does give out, the oversteer is so manageable. I will definitely be back to try out more of vette's tunes in the near future :)

Amemiya FD3S RX-7

Its February and Avid is continuing to provide you with more JGTC goodness! Coming up is the RX-7 tuned by powerhouse Amemiya. Much like the Furai concept tune posted previously, I was again taken by surprising at how willing this chassis is. Furthermore, I truly believe that rotary engines and turbos are a match made in heaven, the noise is makes is simply elating - I promise you it it nothing you've ever heard of before.

Anyhow, my abiding memories and first impression of the chassis was one of understeer and a slight reluctance or hesitation on turn-in. I suspected that the front spring rates were too low, and further tuning verified that case.

Further changes were due for the limited slip differential to allow better mid-corner. Aerodynamic properties were optimized with a slight bias towards the front for better traction on turns.

This car is much like the Arta Garaiya - not amazingly fast and certainly won't set you any new records, but hell will it give you bags of smiles when you take it for a spin. Its predictable, clean, and a blast through corners.

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

HP: 444 @ 6100rpm
Torque: 428ft-lb @ 5100rpm
Weight: 1240 kg

Parts required:
- purchase car at new car dealer ship under RE Amemiya
- install chassis reinforcements
- install stage 3 turbo
- sports soft; racing hard tires

Aerodynamics: 20 / 30
Initial Torque: -- / 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 20
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 22
Ride Height: -26 / -22
Spring Rate: 17.8 / 17.2
Compression: 7 / 6
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.4 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.04 / 0.08
Brake Balance: 7 / 5

No lap times at the moment.

Enjoy!

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06

*same as above; except more downforce - good 👍*

HP: 460 @ 8300 rpm
Torque: 318ft-lb @ 7300 rpm
Weight: 1100kg

Requirements:
- purchase car from new card dealership under RE Amemiya
- engine tuning stage 3
- stage 3 turbo kit

Aerodynamics: 34 / 54
Initial Torque: -- / 34
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 18
Ride Height: -10 / -8
Spring Rate: 17.4 / 16.8
Compression: 7 / 6
Toe Angle: -0.06 / 0.12

Enjoy!

Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

I was never a big fan of American cars, I concede that the ZR-1 was good, but as I have demonstrated, its rivals from Japan and European countries have done better. However, I stand here dumbfounded by the prowess that is the Ford GT - no, i'm not talking about the garbage you buy from the dealership, but the one you either win or pay a massive amount of credits for. Seriously, this car will blow all of that low into the pages of last year parse (before GT5 was even launched maybe).

I hadn't fiddled with the car (I won one from B-spec i think) until I was smashed by some idiot who claimed to be faster in a Ford than my beloved Supra. The race was on the 'ring (aka green-hell), things looked evenly matched - that was until we reached the second corner - when he suddenly took off in a flurry of smoke and left me trailing in his wake. Needless to say, I was dissatisfied.

The next round, I whipped out my own GT and boy was I dumbfounded. A car of such prestige, pedigree, prowess was sitting in my car this whole time, but overlooked by a wary eye of negligence and somewhat prejudice.

The rest is history. You shall find out soon enough too, once you have enough credits or win the car from B-spec.

*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED*

HP: 765 @ 6300 rpm
Torque: 722ft-lb @ 4300 rpm
Weight: 1165 kg

Requirements:

- chassis reinforcement
- engine tuning stage 3
- supercharger
- sports soft; racing hard

Aerodynamics: 48 / 66
Initial Torque: -- / 36
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 18
Ride Height: -28 / -26
Spring Rate: 14.2 / 15.6
Extension: 8 / 8
Compression: 7 / 7
Toe Angle: -0.04 / 0.08

Enjoy!

Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

This was an experimental car, one I did out of complete and utter boredom. Don't be fooled though, this little baby packs one hell of a punch. It'll put some supercars to shame - it looks somewhat vulgar and ostentatious, but I love it.

Kudos to the French.

Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

HP: 407 @ 7900 rpm
Torque: 319ft-lb @ 5400 rpm
Weight: 1106 kg

Requirements:
- weight reduction stage 3
- window weight reduction
- carbon hood
- chassis reinforcement
- engine tuning stage 3
- ecu tuning
- sports intake manifold
- racing air filter
- sports exhaust manifold
- catalytic converter: sports
- titanium racing exhaust
- fully customizable transmission
- twin-plate clutch
- semi-racing flywheel
- adjustable limited slip differential
- fully customizable suspension

Aerodynamics: -- / 20
Initial Torque: -- / 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 20
Ride Height: -24 / -20
Spring Rate: 13.2 / 14.6
Compression: 6 / 6
Anti-roll Bars: 5 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.4 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.04 / 0.10
Brake Balance 7 / 5

Enjoy!

Thanks for new tunes, gonna try them tommorow.

BTW
Is this Ford GT LM u win in dream car championship, or the black premium one that u buy in Gran Turismo store?

Vette you have truly got me hooked on JGT cars. Your tunes are amazing. It would be fantastic if you could assist with a xavani nismo z tune. I can send you the car for testing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for new tunes, gonna try them tommorow.

BTW
Is this Ford GT LM u win in dream car championship, or the black premium one that u buy in Gran Turismo store?

Same question as above post. Is the car the LM Spec II Race Car? White with black stripes.

Read 👍

no, i'm not talking about the garbage you buy from the dealership, but the one you either win or pay a massive amount of credits for

The name of the car is misleading, because he says it's not the one bought from the dealership, but one used. Except that car name is the premium one. Clarification needed, especially with 1,031 cars; many being repeats.

Yea i'm a bit confused too but I finded the diference.

Standard - 1130kg - stage 3 weight
Premium - 1165kg - stage 3 weight - this one matches the tune above.

So can only be premium but let's wait to see what the master say :sly:

However, I stand here dumbfounded by the prowess that is the Ford GT - no, i'm not talking about the garbage you buy from the dealership, but the one you either win or pay a massive amount of credits for.

lolwut?

Not sure what car you're talking about. :\

Sorry guys, a clarification is warranted! Okay, there's little performance gain (if any) between the test car and race car, and in all honesty I think the test car looks a billion times cooler because of the naked carbon fibre panels. Anyhow, the test car is available at the new car dealership for 3.6m credits. On the other hand, the race car can be won through B-spec (or was it A-spec?), or can be bought in the used car dealership. Either way, both cars will satisfy your lust for speed and some more!

Thanks

Got a 6:10 lap on the Nordschelife with the LM Test Car (premium one). It had racing softs. But still, damn fast. And I'm sure a better driver can do it in 5:5x.xx. Great tune, vette. 👍

Oh, and the same tune with the LM Race Car pulled a 6:36 lap. But it was a pretty bad lap with lots of run offs and spins.

Quality tune as always vette! Raised top speed by 2 clicks for courses with long straights (Fuji, Tokyo etc...) Either way, the cars class.

More power and looking forward to more tunes in the future! 👍

Ferrari F40 '92

The F40 represents the essence of what a Ferrari is, and how it ought to drive. Although made in the 90s, it has outstanding performance through the bends and a bucket full of power to propel it in the straights. The lack of any driver aids made the initial testing a little unnerving, although turning was very predictable it did slightly over-steer on lift off. Furthermore, throttle control had to be precise or one would expect to see either the front or rear buried in someone else's car or worse a freaking wall!

The car boats a very well balanced chassis, it is especially excellent at mid corners and the transition to exiting. The car did slide slightly to the outside, but that was a minor issue quickly addressed by tweaking the differential. However, the Ferrari didn't feel aggressive enough, and lacked the urgency on turn-in.

As mentioned, the differential was tweaked so the initial torque is higher, whilst the sensitivity to acceleration dropped to allow better throttle control. Braking sensitivity was also upped to aid braking stability - particularly through S-curves. Brake balance was set with front bias and top speed was dropped to 300 km/h for better acceleration and response through corners.

Next the car's spring and dampers were stiffened to keep sliding in check, whilst stronger anti-roll bars were fitted for improved turn-in. Some negative camber and toe-out at the front also helped improve the lack of urgency inherent to the car. Lastly, the overall ride-height was dropped to reduce weight transfer and improve handling characteristics as a whole.

Ferrari F40 '92
HP: 649
Curb Mass: 1125
Weight Distribution: 42/57

Requirements:
-Weight Reduction Stage 3
-Chassis Reinforcements
-Engine Tuning Stage 3
-ECU Tuning
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Racing Air Filter
-Sports Exhaust
-Catalytic Converter: Sports
-Titanium Racing Exhaust
-High Pressure Turbo Kit
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Limited Slip Differential
-Twin-Plate Clutch
-Semi-Racing Flywheel
-Fully adjustable Suspension
-Racing Hard tires

Aerodynamics: -- / --
Transmission: 300 km
Initial Torque: -- / 32
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 26
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 32
Ride Height: 16 / 14
Spring Rate: 12.7 / 13.9
Compression: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.4 / 1.8
Toe Angle: -0.14 / 0.10
Brake Balance: 8 / 6

You better be awake to drive this car.

Enjoy!

A typo on your Ride Height, supposed to read (-) negative :)

Hey Vette i have been tuning all my cars with the tunes you have posted and they are better than ever also could you please do a tuning guide for the Used Toyota Supra RZ the 97 version

Nice tune for the ZR1 RM '09. Best lap time was 1:48.827 for the 3 lap Suzuka Seasonal Event. The only suggestion I'd make is to drop the tranny speed down to 205mph. It will hit the rev limiter on the front straight, but it's just before you brake so no big deal.

I kindly ask you to post on my thread Initial Torque: What do you do? There are so many thoughts and ideas on what it does and I'm trying to get all these thoughts in one place, so we can compare them all to one another. I would like you to post as your a well respected tuner and probably have a well defined idea of what Initial Torque. You can find a link in my signature, it's the second one down.

Back