The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
yeah but, as the OP says:
- Try to stick to photos straight out of GT5. If you must edit them, please indicate that you have done so in the post.

I guess nobody here reads the OP

As I would guess, the best shots here are not....and that´s why they are "best shots" :D

@Nigrick
your Mustang looks damn cool

YBUaM.jpg

De9DC.jpg

PS =fail
makes any average look good

But there are too much advantages of using post effects. I did hundrets of shots like everyone else and most "straight out of GT5" shots are not satisfying, because they look like a "game". Not always for sure, I did some good GT5-only-shots, too.

To say "makes any average look good" is true, but you should know how. The biggest advantage of post processing is to get your own style and distinct from other. It´s not very exciting, when one shot looks like the other.

It has a lot to do with a good view for detail, colors and lightning to get a good edit.

But there are too much advantages of using post effects. I did hundrets of shots like everyone else and most "straight out of GT5" shots are not satisfying, because they look like a "game".

To say "makes any average look good" is true, but you should know how

It has a lot to do with a good view for detail, colors and lightning to get a good edit.

but OP asks to try not PS then to post here, and 3/4 of the pics here are shoped

but OP asks to try not PS then to post here, and 3/4 of the pics here are shoped

Yeah, I know. As I tried to clarify, unedited shots get boring after a while because they alsways look the same (in some specifications like colors, lightning, contrast). And if you pic out every edited shot here in this thread, you will not have two hands full of realistic shots.

With post processing, everybody can include his personal style and you are entertained a lot more.

Its my first try doing HDR photography. Feel free to leave feedback of any sorts. :)
Heres my attempt at a realistic advertisement shot. I used a photoeditor.
AudiR6sonyCommercial.jpg

Yeah, I know. As I tried to clarify, unedited shots get boring after a while because they alsways look the same (in some specifications like colors, lightning, contrast). And if you pic out every edited shot here in this thread, you will not have two hands full of realistic shots.

With post processing, everybody can include his personal style and you are entertained a lot more.

but if the pic needs to be shoped to look realistic, then it's not good enough :)

[Nor]MclarenF1;5094913
Name one major car magazine, or magazine in general that doesn't run their photos through photoshop before publishing.

why I should, I'm not talking about magazines

[Nor]MclarenF1;5094960
What I'm trying to get at is that post-processing a photo IRL has become so common that I feel it should be kosher to photoshop screens from GT5.

but when OP asks to do not you shouldn't :P

A lot of the shots here are edited, the OP hasn't complained so far it seems.
Would be nice if you don't tell people here what to do.

A lot of the shots here are edited, the OP hasn't complained so far it seems.
Would be nice if you don't tell people here what to do.

not telling anybody what to do, but then change thread title to The Realistic Photoshoped Thread

not telling anybody what to do, but then change thread title to The Realistic Photoshoped Thread

Yes you do, all the time "no PS here" "stop using photoshop". And like mentioned above, you are actually breaking the real rules here from this forum.

Back