B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
I keep having the same problem, the grinder gives me a "Server sent bad data" error every time the widget completes the "reserving drivers" stage.

Example:
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: xxxxxx Name: G.Atkins
03/27/11 11:10:42.225: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
03/27/11 11:10:45.498: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 2)
03/27/11 11:10:48.722: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 3)
03/27/11 11:10:48.725: Could not successfully retrieve data! Will try reconnecting in 1 minute.
############################

The widget restarts, does everything then gives me the "Server sent bad data" every time it finishes reserving drivers :crazy:

I have tried using a lot of different servers, USA, Canada, S. Korea, Singapore, Japan, etc. etc. and i keep getting the same errors. Could it be a weak wireless connection on my end of the network? TIA

I have tried using a lot of different servers, USA, Canada, S. Korea, Singapore, Japan, etc. etc. and i keep getting the same errors. Could it be a weak wireless connection on my end of the network? TIA

I think so. Try going into the advanced preferences and reducing the number of threads and/or increasing the driver reservation delay.

yonis
I think so. Try going into the advanced preferences and reducing the number of threads and/or increasing the driver reservation delay.

Yonis what effect does the number of threads have? 2.0 works great for me should I adjust it?

I am averaging 30 minutes from the time the widgets starts, runs a race, until the next time the widget starts. In other words, 1 grinder cycle. Running Sarthe, concurrent threads in the middle, driver reservation delay in the middle, always use 8 friends, reciprocate with 13 friends, leave 1 driver free, and use my drivers in order. USA server. 30 minutes about right? Or too long?

Got another Question :)

Can I choose how many friend Bobs I can have as a minimum in a Race??

In the last 2 hours I only have 2 friends in the Race.....I have alone in my Always list 21 Friend Bobs and 9 in the random List.....And No not all of them are in use ;)

Thanks for a great piece of software!!!

I am averaging 30 minutes from the time the widgets starts, runs a race, until the next time the widget starts. In other words, 1 grinder cycle. Running Sarthe, concurrent threads in the middle, driver reservation delay in the middle, always use 8 friends, reciprocate with 13 friends, leave 1 driver free, and use my drivers in order. USA server. 30 minutes about right? Or too long?

I seem to get a race every 22 minutes.
Concurrent threads setting is in the middle of the slider (ie: 2.5), delay is on approx.4

well, i left mine running all night long. set at 2 threads/5 seconds. looks like it ran full grids all night long with approx. 24 minutes between the start of each race. looks like it just had it's first "temporary server issue" just a few minutes ago. running fine right now.

one question, and i think it's been answered already, just cant find it... i've got it set to use Singapore server (i could never get a full grid on U.S. server) but apparently the 5569 code doesn't work for Sarthe on the singapore server. how do i find out the code for Sarthe on the Singapore server?

..//..
one question, and i think it's been answered already, just cant find it... i've got it set to use Singapore server (i could never get a full grid on U.S. server) but apparently the 5569 code doesn't work for Sarthe on the singapore server. how do i find out the code for Sarthe on the Singapore server?
It's 11611 but note that you have to be singed in to the Singapore version of GT.com too: http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/

thanks. just started another race before i could get that put into the debug window. logged into gt website through sg server.

:) i love this widget.

I have no idea how to access the debug on the Mac version of Yahoo Widgets, but I don't really need to make anymore money by running Sarthe repeatedly. I have full fields all the time.

There seems to be a bug calculating cash in version 1.1.3. It seems like the widget is subtracting what your drivers have earned from your total instead of adding it.

For example, I have ~17.x mil when I first setup server mode and race for a while, suddenly it's saying I have 16.x mil.

OK, I'm now running 2.0 (and loving it)... but the cash discrepancy has come up again.

The widget says I should have 4,048,937. The web page totals 4,581,897.
Right before I started racing again I cashed in one drivers rewards, worth roughly that difference.

I *suspect* the problem might be related to the credits lagging on the page, since it took a few minutes for *my* credits to update, however my driver rewards reflected the difference instantly. Do your credits only load once at initial login and lot look for updated values?

2.5 with the slider was actually 3.

Hence the reason I placed '2.5' in brackets. Technically, that is exactly what the centre of the slider represents, going by the other values.

There isn't a slider in the current version.
Presumably there is a new version then as there is a slider in the last version I received (2.0b2)
I will still using the beta, silly me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hence the reason I placed '2.5' in brackets. Technically, that is exactly what the centre of the slider represents, going by the other values.

Presumably there is a new version then as there is a slider in the last version I received (2.0b2)

If that value means what I think it means, you can't have decimal point values anyway. 2 threads, or 3 threads... you can't have half of a thread ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computer_science)

There isn't a slider in the current version. 2.5 with the slider was actually 3.
Right. There was a slider in Beta 2, but the current version only shows the slider on OS X. On Windows, you get a menu instead, since Yahoo! Widgets' sliders are buggy there.
I have no idea how to access the debug on the Mac version of Yahoo Widgets, but I don't really need to make anymore money by running Sarthe repeatedly. I have full fields all the time.
Hold down Control and Shift, and click on the gear menu in the right side of the menu bar. Debug Mode is the second to last option. You can turn it off the same way, but note that on the Mac, showing the Debug Mode option is a toggle, so if you got it showing already, you don't have to hold Control and Shift again.

After turning on debug mode, close and reopen the Widget.

You don't need to run the Widget in debug mode after entering the preference.
The widget says I should have 4,048,937. The web page totals 4,581,897.
The Widget refreshes totals from the server every time a new race starts. There may be lag on the server. If you logged in and checked after you saw the total on the Widget, it could have updated on the server in the interim when you were logging into the site.

The Widget refreshes totals from the server every time a new race starts. There may be lag on the server. If you logged in and checked after you saw the total on the Widget, it could have updated on the server in the interim when you were logging into the site.

I've started a second (maybe even third?) race, and it's still off. But I'll watch for it to update and let you know if I haven't seen anything after a while. Another race is starting in ~5 minutes. Maybe an hour or two from now I'll rerun my totals and see if they match. But I think this might be what I was seeing before, in which case once it was off it seems to stay off until you kill and reload the widget.

If that value means what I think it means, you can't have decimal point values anyway. 2 threads, or 3 threads... you can't have half of a thread ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computer_science)

Yes, thanks for the science lesson. I am well aware 2.5 threads is not possible but if you read my post again from a laymans point of view perhaps you'll understand I was trying to explain in simple terms since the slider neither settles on 2 or 3.

Reprocicate Question - Sorry if this has already been asked/covered

Does this mean that you will ONLY race people who races you.. or preferrably?
Cause, sometimes grinder does not fill up the list.. only 12 ..or 14...and the drivers who got on the list were people that raced my bobs recently.

I'm askin, cause i'm worried that if i set it to Reprocicate, that it will create a "still water" between current inactive friends ( assuming they are also using grinder using Reprocicate feature )

I've started a second (maybe even third?) race, and it's still off. But I'll watch for it to update and let you know if I haven't seen anything after a while. Another race is starting in ~5 minutes. Maybe an hour or two from now I'll rerun my totals and see if they match. But I think this might be what I was seeing before, in which case once it was off it seems to stay off until you kill and reload the widget.

OK, here's an update. After more than an hour of racing (3 or 4 runs of sarthe):
Widget: 4,186,957
Page: 4,727,637
GT5: 4,727,637

And as soon as I restarted server mode and started the widget back, it got the new total. I don't think it's actually updating your base credits properly.

thanks yonis...got sarthe running regularly now
for the Canadians out there, I noticed that even when you select Canada it defaults back to US on GT.com...then i checked the page source for Sarthe...fair enough it was the 5569, thus I've switched my widget prference to US.

Hmmm,

Why is the Grinder using Bobs from my NEVER USE list???

None from my ALWAYS USE list is used???

This is with in the last 5 hours

Plus.....never more than 5 in a race.....

Anyone have a clue?

Just wanted to give another big THANK YOU to yonis. I have version 2 setup nicely now and it has been running flawlesy all night.

I do have a question about thread number and reservation delay. I had it set to 1 thread and 25 seconds last night and it was taking about 10 minutes to start a race. It had my 6 Primary Account drivers in every race though. Today I decreased the delay to 10 seconds and the delay to start a race seems to have decreased to 5 minutes. I still left the threads on 1. Am I correct to assume that as I increase threads and/or decrease the delay the time to start another race will decrease? Will either of decreasing the delay or increasing the thread number make it more likely that my 6 Primary Account Drivers will get skipped over for a race?

Just now I decreased the delay to 5 seconds and left the thread number to 1 and I'll see how that works out for a few races.

Edit: New race just started with 5 second delay and only 1 of my 6 primary drivers was selected. I think I'll try increasing the delay again

Back