Best settings for Ford GT Spec II Test Car at Indy?

• Thread starter Zabidenu
  • 9 comments
Title: ############### Every GTPlanet Tune That Exists Is In This Thread ##################
Top of the page, sticked, 3 to chose from.

Title: ############### Every GTPlanet Tune That Exists Is In This Thread ##################
Top of the page, sticked, 3 to chose from.

Thats a great thread you have for us Adrenaline, but for the GT LM Test car, there is only one tune listed, and they don't have any settings for the tranny.

I'm not a tuner, and I've been waiting for Paulie or Ravenmaven to post their fantastic GT LM tunes for GT5, (hint, hint) but in the mean time I've been playing with this one. You can take the corners at Indy at 205mph. I've recently tweaked the Aero, LSD, and Tranny to the following, but before this I was running the defaults for those and still got golds.

Aero 50,70
Height -17, -15
Spring 9.0, 11.9
Ext 6, 8
Comp 8, 6
Anti 5, 6
Camber 1.2, 1.6
Toe -.03, .10
Brakes 6, 8
LSD 7, 20, 5

Tranny: set the MAX speed FIRST to 298
1: 2.988
2: 1.974
3: 1.441
4: 1.134
5: .907
6: .731
F: 3.536

Hopefully, the afore mentioned Senior Grand Tuners of what I consider the fastest GTLM Test car tunes from GT5P, will be letting us know how to do it right. ;)

They may have slight differences, but despite the 3 year difference, the frame, body and engine are all the same. (I'm pretty sure at least) Any of the 3 will give you a solid starting point. As for the gears, you can use any of the gears, from any of the GT's and they will work. That includes the 3 Spec II tunes as well as the other 4 Base GT models.

It's hard to say the Ford GT wasn't a Race Car from the factory, so while the LM, Spec II & Test cars are all a step up, the base GT really isn't that far behind, as far as performance and limits of the tuning abilities.

It always amazed me that I could build up more horsepower in my GT 06 than my GT LM Test, but the Test still outperformed, and is given more Performance Points.

I assume that's because of the LM's front downforce that the 06 lacks.
Front downforce is a huge factor in GT5.

I've yet to tinker with the GT's because it annoys me that they are faster with Aids on.

Thats a great thread you have for us Adrenaline, but for the GT LM Test car, there is only one tune listed, and they don't have any settings for the tranny.

I'm not a tuner, and I've been waiting for Paulie or Ravenmaven to post their fantastic GT LM tunes for GT5, (hint, hint) but in the mean time I've been playing with this one. You can take the corners at Indy at 205mph. I've recently tweaked the Aero, LSD, and Tranny to the following, but before this I was running the defaults for those and still got golds.

[seemingly great tune]

Hopefully, the afore mentioned Senior Grand Tuners of what I consider the fastest GTLM Test car tunes from GT5P, will be letting us know how to do it right. ;)
Thanks! I'll test this tomorrow when I wake up :)

Back