Ashes619 gallery - Updated 28/1 - Nissan GT-R

• Thread starter ashes619
  • 1,003 comments
I really like the CTR2 shot. 👍 Like that car also.

Ford GT set is nice too.

I really like that car as well. ;)

Your CCCL entry is really good 👍 In fact all 3 pictures turned out well! 👍

Thank you. I was very happy with the results.

This week's cccl is pretty good, and the ford gt set too.

Thanks. I didn't take that many pictures of that car but still got a good result 👍
And thanks for commenting. I really appreciate it :D

My Audi R10 pictures
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-2.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-3.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-7.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-11.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-12.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-13.jpg

My Vertical shots
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-1.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-5.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-4.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-6.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-8.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-9.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-10.jpg

And Finally my edited pictures of the Audi R10
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-11-1.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-12-1.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-10-1.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-5-1.jpg
CircuitdelaSarthe-AudiR10-1-1.jpg

Tell me if you think having all the pictures is better in one post, or a couple of posts?​

It's good to have them all in one, unless you want to separate them to make it easier to find certain shots.

Nice shots, though some were better than the other. ;)

Nice set. I like 4 and 6 most of the horizontal R10 pics. I also really like 3 of the edited set. Just crazy enough. :D

👍

It's good to have them all in one, unless you want to separate them to make it easier to find certain shots.

Nice shots, though some were better than the other. ;)

Well then I might start putting them all in one post 👍
And there are always going to be pictures that are better then others because I take a fair few pictures ;)

I really like the edited ones.
Thanks. My favorite ones are always the ones using the sketch effect. I am trying to steer away from them though because I would like a bit of variety.

Nice set. I like 4 and 6 most of the horizontal R10 pics. I also really like 3 of the edited set. Just crazy enough. :D

👍

Thank you. That edited pic is my favorite out of that lots ;)

I think the shots with the cool filter turned out best. The edited ones are pretty wild!

Sadly I only used the cool filter twice :(

Thank you for commenting. I always like it when people do ;)
I also wouldn't mind some criticism :)

Last edited:
I just had a look through your whole gallery. It is full of good shots.

I like your JGTC Supra set and Ford Focus set best. And #5 of the edited R10 set.

I just had a look through your whole gallery. It is full of good shots.

I like your JGTC Supra set and Ford Focus set best. And #5 of the edited R10 set.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Can anyone point out the bad pictures and how I can improve on them. I really want to produce the best pictures I can without editing. Plus I really need it since I am in the PMC tournament.

I can't really point out bad photos but I have noticed that in most of your photos the car takes up most of the frame and is usually centred. I think that is why I like your Supra and Focus sets best as you haven't done that with them as much.

I try to use the 'thirds' rule and it seems to work out well. I still sometimes place the car in the centre and make it take up the frame. But mainly with photo travel shots.

I can't really point out bad photos but I have noticed that in most of your photos the car takes up most of the frame and is usually centred. I think that is why I like your Supra and Focus sets best as you haven't done that with them as much.

I try to use the 'thirds' rule and it seems to work out well. I still sometimes place the car in the centre and make it take up the frame. But mainly with photo travel shots.

That is a very good comment you make and with my new sets I think I have started to focus on more of the landscape, especially with my PMC tournament round having the theme of landscape. ;)

Well, you asked for criticism, sooo...

I think a lot of your photos could be helped with Rule of Thirds. For example I think your #6 vertical could be improved dramatically if the mountains were in a third of the screen, and the fore R10 also. A tilting down of the camera would have achieved both. Sometimes you can fix the framing with a simple crop as well. I'm always cropping pics if I think I didn't get the framing quite right.

Also realizing the effect "looking room" has on an image. Imagine an elastic band attached to the face of an object/person and attached to the edge of frame behind it. If you want a more relaxed and pleasing image, give the car more looking room for less tension. If you want to create more tension in a scene, give the car less looking room (and the tension of the elastic also increases :D).

These are just the basics, sorry if it sounds condescending/or you already knew this stuff. Good luck in the tournament. 👍

I agree with the thirds rule, it helps to have something special in the background in the opposite corner of the main subject. Hope that helped a little...
Like this, except the car is a little centered but the ally continues in the distance. Your photos look great though.
picture.php

Great pictures Ashes. My favourites are the vertical shots and the forth shot. Keep up the great work!

Well, you asked for criticism, sooo...

Also realizing the effect "looking room" has on an image. Imagine an elastic band attached to the face of an object/person and attached to the edge of frame behind it. If you want a more relaxed and pleasing image, give the car more looking room for less tension. If you want to create more tension in a scene, give the car less looking room (and the tension of the elastic also increases :D).

These are just the basics, sorry if it sounds condescending/or you already knew this stuff. Good luck in the tournament. 👍

I am still pretty young (14 to be exact) and I am not really sure what you mean. Do you mean that the more the object is zoomed out the more relaxed the image is?

And thanks for your criticism. I am always looking at ways to improve 👍

SVX
Great pictures Ashes. My favourites are the vertical shots and the forth shot. Keep up the great work!
Thanks. I think some of my best pictures are from vertical shots 👍

I am still pretty young (14 to be exact) and I am not really sure what you mean. Do you mean that the more the object is zoomed out the more relaxed the image is?

And thanks for your criticism. I am always looking at ways to improve 👍

Not necessarily. More to do with the placement of something in the frame. Panning the camera to affect where the object in the frame ends up. A popular technique in horror films is to give the character less looking room with the monster/murderer/thing behind him. Creates LOTS of tension, :lol:

Sometimes called lead room. Generally speaking, most of the time you want more lead/nose room than not.

Here are my Shelby GT350R pictures.
Rome-Shelby-7.jpg
Rome-Shelby-5.jpg

Rome-Shelby-2.jpg
Rome-Shelby-9.jpg

Rome-Shelby-8.jpg
Rome-Shelby-10.jpg

Rome-Shelby-4.jpg
Rome-Shelby-11.jpg

Rome-Shelby-3.jpg
Rome-Shelby.jpg

Rome-Shelby-6.jpg
Rome-Shelby-1.jpg

Any comments and criticism is welcome.​

p78
+1 for drifting round the colliseum

haha

:lol: It was good fun 👍

Excellent shots. Improving nicely.
Thanks. I accidentally used the thirds rule for most of my pictures in that set without knowing it :dopey: I have got about another 6, 7 sets ready which were made before given the advice/criticism of that rule.

Nice GT350 set. I want to get that car, took some cool pics of it in GT4 photomode :D

Thanks. I got the car from the OCD and then three days later it was in the UCD :lol:

Definitely improving. :D 👍
Thanks. I believe I am as well. I just hope I don't get worst.

Nice gallery you've got here. Great pics :) I especially like the Skyline set on the first page 👍

Thanks for commenting.

Well I am bored so I have decided to update my gallery. Hope you enjoy.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E SCP '99 in Kyoto
Kyoto-Mitsubishi-1.jpg

Kyoto-Mitsubishi-3.jpg
Kyoto-Mitsubishi.jpg

Kyoto-Mitsubishi-6.jpg
Kyoto-Mitsubishi-2.jpg

Kyoto-Mitsubishi-5.jpg
Kyoto-Mitsubishi-4.jpg

Eiger Nordwand K-Trail

EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-10.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-5.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-4.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-9.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-3.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-1.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-2.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-6.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-7.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail-Mitsubishi-8.jpg

Cool. I like the entire Eiger K Trail set. You're making good use of the background to add a lot of depth to these. My personal favourites are 4, 5 and 8 of that set.

Very nice and moody Kyoto set also.

👍

Cool. I like the entire Eiger K Trail set. You're making good use of the background to add a lot of depth to these. My personal favourites are 4, 5 and 8 of that set.

Very nice and moody Kyoto set also.

👍

Thanks. I like the 5th one as well but the start of the mountain/hill really ruins it for me because of the lack of detail in it. Oh well.

Hmmm. A lot of these are just a bit too bright I think. Have you tried playing with the Exposure Value (EV) setting in Photomode? I think a lot of these could have had more detail in them if you brought that down a bit. (not sure if the Suzuka sky could have been helped, but worth a shot) Then bring the contrast back afterwards.

Just a suggestion! :scared: :lol:

That said my favourites of the landscapes are 4 and 5, for the portraits, 3, 5 and 7.

Hmmm. A lot of these are just a bit too bright I think. Have you tried playing with the Exposure Value (EV) setting in Photomode? I think a lot of these could have had more detail in them if you brought that down a bit. (not sure if the Suzuka sky could have been helped, but worth a shot) Then bring the contrast back afterwards.

Just a suggestion! :scared: :lol:

That said my favourites of the landscapes are 4 and 5, for the portraits, 3, 5 and 7.

I don't usually play with the Exposure Value. Bringing back the contrast, Do I need to do edit the pic outside of GT5 to do that? If so then I am not going to do it unless it is for a 2.0 competition (or any other competition that allows some editing). I might start to think about lowering the EV in future pictures. 👍

Very good stuff, Ashes. My favourites are the Portraits again. :lol: I like how they have a great deal of realism in them. Keep it up!

SVX
Very good stuff, Ashes. My favourites are the Portraits again. :lol: I like how they have a great deal of realism in them. Keep it up!

Thanks. That is what I was aiming for and it is nice to see someone thinks I have achieved a bit of realism in my pictures.

Back