GTP WTAC Week 48 : Audi vs. BMW

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 36 comments
GTP WTAC Week 48 : Audi vs. BMW

*** Week 48 will feature two German cars: the 2000 Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro and the 2003 BMW Z4. The TT featured here is the first generation from Audi and is AWD (hence the Quattro moniker). Production of this particular model ran from 1998 until 2006. The BMW Z4 replaced the Z3 in 2002 and won Automobile Magazine's 'Design of the Year Award'. Unlike the Audi, the BMW Z4 is a rear-wheel drive car. Production of this first generation Z4 ended in 2008 when the 2nd and current gen version made it's debut. ***

1. Track : Seoul Central (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro '00 & BMW Z4 '03

audittb.jpg
l
2003bmwz48460x0w.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday April 18th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday April 25th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday April 25th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

Last edited:
I don't have the Audi yet, but i already have the BMW. The Audi is only avaible after 60 days in my game! But i think i will make it.

Audi TT 1'15 and BMW Z4 1'13. Still struggling hard for finding the right driving line and controlling the understeer/oversteer.
Made a nice lap -- 1'11.987 with BMW.:) Feel that brake is the very important part for this circuit...

Last edited:
I don't have the Audi yet, but i already have the BMW. The Audi is only avaible after 60 days in my game! But i think i will make it.

Try skipping days. From the main menu, enter a race/time trial/drift event (that will take you to a second pre-race menu) and then back out to the main menu again. You will have skipped a day.

👍

Don't bother. I'll PM you the link! I don't know what you use but it doesn't work very well with PRO-B4, freezes sometimes.

Don't bother. I'll PM you the link! I don't know what you use but it doesn't work very well with PRO-B4, freezes sometimes.

Thanks!

My PSP (now dead) used GEN-D3... I think my son's PSP (the one I now use) is running GEN-D2.

Starting times:

Audi TT - 1'11.8xx
BMW Z4 - 1'09.9xx

Welcome to TAC vaughan and noisiaturismo!

I don't have access to the internet over the weekend so I can't tell you new times as I run more sessions.

Happy easter everyone!

:cheers:

Hi guys !

Welcome to WTAC vaughan and noisiaturismo ! :cheers:

Sorry I missed last WTAC's deadline, I thought I could post times on time but my colleague got sick, I had to do her job so no chances to go on internet on time (didn't improve my preliminary times by the way)...

But good news, I finally have internet at home so I will be able to post on time, update the website -lot of work to do there !- and have no excuses for missing upcoming weeks deadline.

No times for me yet !

BMW: 1'15.106
AUDI: 1'17.453

Do i have to take pictures? Because i didn't make them when i did my laps

You should if you can and with your replays if you can. You can update your time as many time as possible before the deadline. There is some rules for your report. You can get your answers here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127201 (read II. In Details)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3614313&postcount=408 (howto find your replays)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196894 (Week 47 as a sample)
Wish you would a good time and not be nervous:tup:

Hi guys ! Sorry, very busy weekend ahead of me : I'm working on meeting AKALMY, french rap singers who live in my town and who worked with B-Real (Cypress Hill) for "The Harvest" (akalmy official website -videos- + youtube), so I don't think I'll be able to post any times before deadline !

Good luck !

Can't wait to post my time of Z4 which I appreciated.:)

BMW Z4'03 -- 1'11.567
screenshot1142423161370.jpg

Audi TT 1.8T -- 1'13.281
screenshot1142504410849.jpg

Combined time -- 2'24.848
No camera to take photo with my ID attached:) Found it's best to brake early with AWD.
I'm very glad to attend WTAC formally this week, hahaha:lol:

Attachments

• BMW-Z4.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 9
  • AudiTT.zip
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I can't upload photos because my internet acted up when it tried opening Photobucket or Imageshack. Probably something to do with the new IE9 or something. Instead the photos are in the .zip folder.

To the subject of my times. I've improved slightly on the BMW and I shaved about 400th of a second from the Audi TT. Great cars were fun to drive as well as the track. Seoul has got to be in my top 5 favourite tracks in GT PSP.

Audi TT - 1'11.819

BMW Z4 - 1'09.701

Combined time: 2'21.520

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Audi TT.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 5
  • BMW Z4.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Photos.zip
    200.3 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys, here's my submission. Biggest challenge for me was the TT, just couldn't manage to minimize wheel spin around turn 2.

Audi TT - 1'11.677
pic0003.png

BMW Z4 - 1'10.201
pic0002.png

Combined Time - 2'21.878

Vroom! :) 👍

Attachments

• Z4.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 5
  • TT.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 8
I can't upload photos because my internet acted up when it tried opening Photobucket or Imageshack. Probably something to do with the new IE9 or something. Instead the photos are in the .zip folder.

Don't worry about it - I can still verify everything.

👍

Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro: 1'12.132

12132.jpg

BMW Z4: 1'10.374

10374.jpg

combined time: 2'22.506

I hope to see everyone at Trial Mountain!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B2305FF6000.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B2305FF6001.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 5
You should if you can and with your replays if you can. You can update your time as many time as possible before the deadline. There is some rules for your report. You can get your answers here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127201 (read II. In Details)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3614313&postcount=408 (howto find your replays)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196894 (Week 47 as a sample)
Wish you would a good time and not be nervous:tup:
thank you!

I didn't know the exact time anymore, but they are in the replay files which are attacted to this comment.

I do know they are around 1.15

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-F2305FF6001.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 9
  • UCES01245RPLY-F2305FF6000.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
Here is my submission

BMW Z4 '03 : 1'10.271

Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro '00 : 1'12.207

Total : 2'22.477

Wish I had more time to work on tuning !

See you next challenge !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B2305FF6001.rar
    53.9 KB · Views: 7
  • UCES01245RPLY-B2305FF6002.rar
    53.8 KB · Views: 8
Back