Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
the Plam track you are talking about doesn't look like a drag strip to me i looked at what the course looks like and its not a straight long road but a medium/low size course

Do you know, that there was a hidden Corvette C5 in the game??:odd: I read this at a site called Neoseeker(or something like that), but there wasn't any kind of info about the car.:grumpy:

I don't think there's a C5 'vette in GT2... I've played a lot it and, using a Gameshark, I managed to see all the hidden cars, as the CLK-GTR, the Soft-Roof Elise, the Polo and others. But I never found evidence of a C5 in any of the sites I took info from. Maybe there's something true in that... or maybe neoseeker's walkthrough just invented it.

After some searching I found out the car was seen in some preliminary videos of GT2 . Maybe they deleted the 'Vette from the final edition because of EA.

Last edited:
After some searching I found out the car was seen in some preliminary videos of GT2 . Maybe they deleted the 'Vette from the final edition because of EA.

Do you have the videos? I wanna watch! And the EA theory is very likely, as the C5 Vette is in NFS III and IV (both came out around GT2 time also).

I've searched again today to find some more info for the C5 'Vette. The result is that there's NO C5 'Vette in the game-that thing with the preliminary videos is not true.

Last edited:
Bump, with things found by Xenn in bug thread:

A miscolored drag race logo:
Drag.png

Unused sounds pack: download
:D

Tankuroded you found the thread I couldn't find! Anyway, you forgot to mention the drag strip Xenn helped me find. Could you copy the pic Xenn took of it and post it in this thread? I can't do it on my cell phone...

Here's what you were looking for.

Untitled-1.png

Regarding that drag race logo, I reckon I COULD find the correct colors for it. Sure, trial and error will be involved, but i'll reach it.

Last edited:
What are these 3 pics doing in GT2? They are too cartoon-ish for this game.

Attachments

• WTF_is_this.rar
    6.9 KB · Views: 142
What are these 3 pics doing in GT2? They are too cartoon-ish for this game.

After investigating, it looks that these are shine effect files for the cars. ;)

There's one for daytime (0003), morning/sunset (0004), and night (0005). 💡

PS: Can you tell me how you get the images? :)

I'm failed again... :dunce:

With PSicture.

Sometimes PSicture just won't cut it for some of the files, in this case, you'll need something else that can read the picture files. I use XnView, which allows me to view them.

For example, that hidden Drag Mode label.

Sometimes PSicture just won't cut it for some of the files, in this case, you'll need something else that can read the picture files. I use XnView, which allows me to view them.

For example, that hidden Drag Mode label.

Where I can find this tool?

PS: How do you opened that invisible drag strip?

Last edited:
Where I can find this tool?

PS: How do you opened that invisible drag strip?

Gameshark gets you the drag strip.

Edit: Silly me, forgot to include the link: here

In other news:

Drag2.png

Not the correct colors, but at least it's now able to be seen properly.

Last edited:
Gameshark gets you the drag strip.

Edit: Silly me, forgot to include the link: here

In other news:

Drag2.png

Not the correct colors, but at least it's now able to be seen properly.
That actually looks like it could be fairly close to the real thing.

Is there an old picture of the CLK-GTR? I seem to remember, long long ago in an old article prior to the game's release, during the game's beta stage, that it had an image of the CLK-GTR racing in Rome Circuit.

Is is still there, or did they remove it entirely? I know the CLK-DTM is in the game.

And Drag Racing... the missing 1.2% of the game? :P

I found lagunareverse.tro and .trp inside GT2.vol. (tro and trp files are the track meshes, I'm sure of it)
This means PD planned the reverse variation of Laguna Seca too, but scrapped it.

There is a pic of the CLK-GTR going around GT2 on the Playstation Underground disc at the select screen for the sneak-peek video about GT2. Also in that video it mentions drag strips then that Laguna Seca is to be included. Never is it mentioned that Laguna Seca has a drag strip.

Those are the track files of GT2.

Allright. Thank you very much then.
On a second take: What are you supposed to do with that? Like, the image file you provided is just a screenshot right? Where are the files, how do you access it? Pardon my ignorance, Nero.

That's the problem, I cannot for the life of me figure a way to open the track files. I can open the car files with a program called Zmodeler, but there is no program that can open the track files. :grumpy:
Maybe HACKr can do something about it... IF he is still around. :D

That's the problem, I cannot for the life of me figure a way to open the track files. I can open the car files with a program called Zmodeler, but there is no program that can open the track files. :grumpy:
Maybe HACKr can do something about it... IF he is still around. :D

Oh sick! You can open it with Zanoza Modeler!? YO! Send me the car files! I want to see it for myself, bro!!

Highway? Kart? Checker? Shortway? GHighway? What are these? Also, I noticed Palm. Someone open up these things!

Back