Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
I hope KY says soon, "GT5 spec II out tomorrow, all cars are now premium".

There is almost no reason to do it for PD and SONY.
They'd rather save new content for GT6 and SELL it to you than give you a free update with new content...I think so...But hoping for best of cource.

Has Kaz tweeted anything pertaining to PSN being down, and or anything new coming our way, don't follow tweets and I only read last couple post.?

As soon as the PSN settles down, there will be a new update and new online events, according to Yamauchi in one of his latest tweets.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
As soon as the PSN settles down, there will be a new update and new online events, according to Yamauchi in one of his latest tweets.

Excellent news. Hopefully, we'll finally get matchmaking, GT Driver's Club, and/or endurance race saves very soon.

AWWW. What about the rest of the tweets? There's been like 10 in the past hour.

Most were questions about what's been posted in this thread in the last few minutes. One was asking if he was still alive. :rolleyes:

Another was in response a question about the current Formula 1 season results and one in response to a question about him running in the Nurb 24H in which he said he wasn't.

I don't think he means Seasonal Events. They're updated on a certain day. He doesn't need to tell us when Seasonals are updated. I hope I'm right. A new online event? GT Driver's Club. Please?

Most were questions about what's been posted in this thread in the last few minutes. One was asking if he was still alive. :rolleyes:

Another was in response a question about the current Formula 1 season results and one in response to a question about him running in the Nurb 24H in which he said he wasn't.

NICE. What jerk would ask if he's still alive? lol Kaz must've thought that was a little funny.

おやすみなさい。

can't believe that says, "good night."
It looks beautiful lol.

borat_dance.gif

Last edited:
What makes me worry are the seasonals could be classified as a online event since they are regulary updated.

Give me more A-spec!

Also why does the psn have to settle down. Other devs updated their games when it was down. Just one more reason to make us wait.

Last edited:
What makes me worry is the seasonals could be classified as a online event since they are regulary updated.

Also why does the psn have to settle down. Other devs updated their games when it was down. Just one more reason to make us wait.

Because the Japanese Government wants proof that the PSN is 100% safe before they allow Sony to take it live in Japan. That's most certainly hampering any efforts to update GT5.

I don't think Seasonals are what the "new online events" refers to. Those seem to be programmed to automatically change at certain intervals when the network is active.

Because the Japanese Government wants proof that the PSN is 100% safe before they allow Sony to take it live in Japan. That's most certainly hampering any efforts to update GT5.

I don't think Seasonals are what the "new online events" refers to. Those seem to be programmed to automatically change at certain intervals when the network is active.

I understand that but there is no reason that psn has to be up to receive a update. It does not change the fact that they can update the game whenever they want. I sersiously hate hearing "wait a bit longer" and "soon". It's getting a bit old imo.

There needs to be update to finish the game, six months is long enough.

Think about this. If GT5 would have came out like GT1,2,3,4 when there was no onine this game would have been taken back for a refund or traded pretty quickly. Far less glitches and more complete than the current game.

Last edited:
I like the content GT5 has more than the other GTs. I play GT5 more than I play anything else now. It's grand! They had to worry about putting less content into the earlier GTs because there was nothing to compare to.

Content? The last GT had way more content GT5 is only prettier.

Previous GT's

More tracks
More races
Drag racing
Photomode

Just to name a few..

GT5 is my favorite game but devs have got used to releasing unfinished games this generation. Thinking they can just "update" and charge you later. It would be nice if most actually built a game and then after that they make another instead of constantly updating and then making the new game while they are updating the previous.

Last edited:
There hasn't been any real drag racing in Gran Turismo. Just the 2 HKS Drag cars in GT2 and the Vegas Strip as a 1/4th mile for solo runs only.

Also forgot that Kaz had tweeted that they are working out something for the missed birthdays during the PSN outage.

I like the content GT5 has more than the other GTs. I play GT5 more than I play anything else now. It's grand! They had to worry about putting less content into the earlier GTs because there was nothing to compare to.

You haven't played GT2 then? Putting the game on 2 discs was a good idea. imagine if GT5 was on 2 discs :drool:

Content? The last GT had way more content GT5 is only prettier.

Previous GT's

More tracks
More races
Drag racing
Photomode

Just to name a few..

GT5 is my favorite game but devs have got used to releasing unfinished games this generation. Thinking they can just "update" and charge you later. It would be nice if most actually built a game and then after that they make another instead of constantly updating and then making the new game while they are updating the previous.
First, it really wasn't their choice to release it earlier than necessary. Blame Sony, but I kind of thank them. I know that's dumb of me, but I didn't want to wait that much longer. It's good to have it now.

The thing is, I didn't like playing the others as much as GT5. I like the content in GT5 more than the others. I didn't care for a lot of the races in GT4. The manufacturer races I did a lot of, but if i had a choice, I would've not done them. But I had to.

The Special Events in GT4 were awesome though, just not enough. They were the same races that only got faster. In terms of re-playability with content, I'll choose GT5.

Also, GT5 is the GT3 of PS3. soo many letters/numbers/characters

I say that because they're the first games of their consoles. Excluding Prologue, because that is an annoying argument. Considering GT5 was spoken of since the launch of the PS3 at the latest, Prologue was a gift. They didn't need to do that. But, at least, they made a lot of money from it, so I guess they had to, selfishly, but not. lol
Prologue and GT5 - not alike at all

You haven't played GT2 then? Putting the game on 2 discs was a good idea. imagine if GT5 was on 2 discs :drool:
you got me there. But, I was too young for that. I'm just speaking from opinion. And again, GT5 is the GT1 of the PS3.
If GT made that big of a leap from GT1 to GT2, imagine a dual-layer Blu-ray GT6.

Last edited:
the reason is PD used to much data making it 3D & 1080p. also how detailed the interiors are even though you need to glitch to take pictures of them. not to mention how many pointless cars. PD aim for t0o much and gave us too little. i want a Premium Supra RZ & AE86. i want all the LM & race cars premium. how about some livery vinyls. Shift 2 has a nice car customization and list but messed up Physics. I really hope Kaz fixes this game because majority of the game is an eye sore. ported tracks & cars after 5 years....really? Im sorry but give me Shift 2's cars & options with GT5's physics....that would be a great game.

You're right. But this is just the beginning of the GT series in terms of the realism GT5 has reached. We haven't seen what PD is capable of, until we see GT6. GT6 will tell just how necessary it is to have a game like GT5. The way GT5 has been going, people don't seem to understand PD's aims. GT5 was never going to be that amazing gem people thought it would be. But many of us were surprised at how extensive GT5 is. GT6 should be given the role/title as the gem we're hoping for. That's how it should have been all along. People were just too amped up to see it realistically.

Even I was hoping for that gem, but now that I have it, I'm satisfied and I know that GT6 is going to really be more than something special.

Given the tradeoff of more A-spec events in the original GT5 vs. the fairly open-ended online multiplayer the game has, I will take multiplayer 10 times out of 10.

Given the tradeoff of more A-spec events in the original GT5 vs. the fairly open-ended online multiplayer the game has, I will take multiplayer 10 times out of 10.

I quite agree - but I'd add two things;

a) A-Spec isn't static in GT5, as we know they add stuff all the time

b) This thread's wandering WAY off the topic of KY's tweets ;)

I agree. GT5 is my favorite PS3 game to date. I've spent more hours with it, than all other PS3 game combined. Sure, it could have more content on top of the already HUGE amount... but it doesn't. Maybe it will in the future, maybe it won't. It doesn't matter, GT5 is an amazing console racing game.

But some people simply can't be satisfied, they always want MOOOOREEE! fried chicken and twinkies.

Last edited:
Back