Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Yeah something about the subtle colors in the last shot is really astounding... I don't know what it is exactly about it but it inspires me to try to take some less flashy images :lol:

2.0 Week 25 Entry

Click for full size

that really looks like you parked your REAL car in front of a german restaurant!:drool:
So real and so simple. Great work, yet again:tup:

The only thing that sell out the shot for not beeing a real picture is the number plate :P

Thanks for all of your feedback guys, I will be updating this thread once I'm back from Jamaica! Have fun in the contests without me! :P See you all in a week 👍

Jamaica

OK, so it's not GT5 but I couldn't resist plugging it again here :P

aaaand here's a sneak preview to tempt you in

41945899.jpg

Nice shots, I saw the others from your trip. And I can say that your photographic talents doesn't apply to GT only. :sly:
Nice work on those as well. 👍

:lol: That is so awesome

Thanks! The 2 musicians we saw on stage where I took that photo were really good sports and had their photos taken with everyone!

Nice shots, I saw the others from your trip. And I can say that your photographic talents doesn't apply to GT only. :sly:
Nice work on those as well. 👍

Thanks FishyJuice :) I started doing 'real' photography before I got into GT photography with GT4. It's been a natural progression from there. 👍

That's great! So Jamaica! :)

Thanks Nato, I think it reflects the country quite well!

In other news: Does anyone have a Peugeot 106 S16 (not a Rallye) they fancy sending me? I'm going to need it for Saturday, and you'll see why....

I can trade a Fiat 500 for it :-(

In other news: Does anyone have a Peugeot 106 S16 (not a Rallye) they fancy sending me? I'm going to need it for Saturday, and you'll see why....

I can trade a Fiat 500 for it :-(

I think I have one.

I wish I could; I'd have chosen something better than a 106! :P I'm going to do an update with the 106 you sent me though, painted in the same colour as my real one. 👍

Congrats Mog .Brilliant little car,Looking forward to seeing your update and does the game one drive like the real one :D

Realism?
My first update for a while, I'm finally back taking photos after a few weeks of time off sorting my life out!

Had this been within the 2.0 rules, this would have been my entry for the last theme.

Click for full size

I have to ask though; does it look realistic?

In my opinion, yes it does. Very. The noise is a nice touch as well. As well it looks like its doing a correct (or real) racing line, not just cutting the track.

Not enough, Mog. There are several points that give it away, like the interior, the side window molding and the semi-round exhaust, and the light is a bit artificial, even after postpro. The shadow is also a bit odd.

But considering some of the entries in the poll look like Toy Story, you might as well have gotten in.

But considering some of the entries in the poll look like Toy Story, you might as well have gotten in.

:lol: I see what you mean about the light, I'm browsing on my phone now and the car looks like it's been pasted into the image! Back to the drawing board...

The lighting on the car looks great in my eyes, but yeah, it doesn't mesh quite right with the background. I've found that's one of the hardest parts for realistic shots - the tracks themselves. That said, I like it more than some of the entries that made it to the poll, so there you go. Out of curiosity, what'd you do to make it ineligible? I can't see anything from over here, unless I've forgotten to carry over a rule or two from GT4 all these months!

Looking forward to your next update ;)

I added very feint areas of yellow to the road to make it look as if the bright paint was reflecting light on to the road. It still doesn't fit though since the car stands out so much!

You always keep high standards Mog!! If it looks real? I think you already know the answer :)

👍

Great photo Moglet. Obviously, composition - both structurally and thematically, are elementary to you, but I also like your use of color and tone. You take compelling shots. Cano has a great eye for these things, and most people would have missed the details he pointed out. Also, I thought you were allowed to play with the color curves, etc., in 2.0...so, should you have been able to enter the comp? (Not that I would really know, since I don't enter the comps much... :guilty:)

Realism?
My first update for a while, I'm finally back taking photos after a few weeks of time off sorting my life out!

Had this been within the 2.0 rules, this would have been my entry for the last theme.

Click for full size

One question, is it real? Because I know you do real photography too, so I'm confused. Great work 👍 👍

Wow! Your photos are definitely the best I've seen in this community so far.👍 Great work in every aspect.:)

Thanks! I'm not sure if I would consider myself the best in the community myself though. There are plenty more great photographers out there who already have their own style cemented and are taking consistently high quality photos. I'm struggling a bit as of late, I'm not feeling too inspired at the minute, hence the lack of updates!

NTX
You always keep high standards Mog!! If it looks real? I think you already know the answer :)

👍

Thanks NTX! :)

Great photo Moglet. Obviously, composition - both structurally and thematically, are elementary to you, but I also like your use of color and tone. You take compelling shots. Cano has a great eye for these things, and most people would have missed the details he pointed out. Also, I thought you were allowed to play with the color curves, etc., in 2.0...so, should you have been able to enter the comp? (Not that I would really know, since I don't enter the comps much... :guilty:)

Thanks for your feedback, I like to think that I'm able to focus my photography on more than one thing at a time, combining composition with tone and lighting etc. so it's good to hear that people agree ;)

As for the 2.0 contest, my entry wouldn't be 'legal' as I actually added yellow 'reflections' in the road which aren't allowed under 2.0 rules. Take those away, however, and it would be allowed.

One question, is it real? Because I know you do real photography too, so I'm confused. Great work 👍 👍

Thanks, that's a huge compliment! I wish I could photograph cars like these in real life but I don't get that many chances to do so!

Realism?

Click for full size

Yes. Added to my wallpaper collection. Cheers Mog. Great work as always.

Very nicely done! You sure know how to pull off a one-picture update :lol: All the details are super high and the muted color toning is great.

Back