Vintage Tuning Garage: Official Page (Corvette Z06 Race Car/Stratos Street/Rally)

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 169 comments
@tw34: the setup is for the 1968, the new seasonal requires the newest Fiat 500

That's not to say the tune won't work on the newer Fiat. A lot of times tunes can be transferred to similar cars with good results. You might find it works well on the '08 Fiat for the seasonal...

Really curious to see what you do with the Lancia Stratos when you get around to it. I've got one I've been playing around with for awhile now tuned to 450pp for online events and it's pretty sweet, but still seems to be missing something.

Thankyou much =)

I'm just curious as to who you are defying ;)

The Jaguar EType and Pontiac GTO will be up as soon as I return home

Stupid me and stupid Ipod auto correct.. sorry definitely :dopey:

JLawrence. I'm not sure if you saw, but I did post in the thread where you mentioned the Fiat 500 tune initially.

It is hands DOWN the best 500 tune on GTP. Just so you know. I'd love to do a writeup review for you, but it would be a waste of my time because the other ones aren't very functional imo.

It also works well on the Fiat 500 R, though you may be able to fine tune it since it makes much more power.

Finchypoo
Really curious to see what you do with the Lancia Stratos when you get around to it. I've got one I've been playing around with for awhile now tuned to 450pp for online events and it's pretty sweet, but still seems to be missing something.

Yes i plan on doing a Stratos tune using both the street car and the rally car tuned for street driving. If i knew more on how to tune for rally courses i would get a second car and tune it.

JLawrence. I'm not sure if you saw, but I did post in the thread where you mentioned the Fiat 500 tune initially.

It is hands DOWN the best 500 tune on GTP. Just so you know. I'd love to do a writeup review for you, but it would be a waste of my time because the other ones aren't very functional imo.

Other tunes on this thread?

Last edited:
Is there any interest in a Trans Cammer tune? I'm currently driving it bu i dont like the way it handles at all. If there is then ill continue tuning but as of right now i dont care for it.

I'm waiting patiently for that GTO tune, I love that car, but its a complete barge with no tuning whatsoever..

Mac K
I'm waiting patiently for that GTO tune, I love that car, but its a complete barge with no tuning whatsoever..

Ok good thing you said something. The two of us have a decent set up for it, now we're goin to fine tune it and reveal it soon.

200MphFord
Ok good thing you said something. The two of us have a decent set up for it, now we're goin to fine tune it and reveal it soon.

Awesome! I look forward to it.

How about a tune for the Jensen Interceptor - fully modded it has loads of power but I for one can't work out how to keep it on the road.

I'm old enough that this was around when I was young & it was one of my favourite cars then &, as tends to be the way with these things, has remained so ever since. I suspect there is no great logic in this but then logic is greatly over-rated. Anyway it is a car that seems to be regarded either with comtempt or indifference. I would dearly love to surprise some young whippersnappers online with my Interceptor - might even paint it silver chrome to add insult to injury!!!

jackargent
How about a tune for the Jensen Interceptor - fully modded it has loads of power but I for one can't work out how to keep it on the road.

I'm old enough that this was around when I was young & it was one of my favourite cars then &, as tends to be the way with these things, has remained so ever since. I suspect there is no great logic in this but then logic is greatly over-rated. Anyway it is a car that seems to be regarded either with comtempt or indifference. I would dearly love to surprise some young whippersnappers online with my Interceptor - might even paint it silver chrome to add insult to injury!!!

As soon as it pops up in my UCD ill buy it and put it on the list of cars to tune. As of right now we have the GTO, Jag E-Type and the Interceptkr on request. Im in the process of moving and JLawrence is out of town but we can crank out the tunes in about a week or so. I can be back on this weekend if at all possible. Please keep the requests coming, tell us what you want done to the car and we can do it such as mild tuning or put a PP limit on it. If a car is impossible i'll say no it isn't and tune it anyway.

photo-1.jpg

Jensen Interceptor MKIII '74

Fully upgraded with all performance mods, RS tires

667 hp, 1368 kg, 567 pp (forgot to do engine refresh at time of tune)

Trans set to 199mph, Final at 2.880

LSD 12/26/10

Ride Height -8 / -2

Spring Rate 12.5 / 12.0

Dampers Ext 6 / 6

Dampers Comp 4 / 4

Anti-Roll 6 / 6

Camber 2.0 / 1.2

Toe Angle -0.18 / -0.06

When I was first asked to tune this one I honestly thought to myself, "really? I've got to park my beautiful 'Cuda to drive this thing?" But after upgrading its performance and running a couple laps, WOW, what a sleeper! Suprisingly great power and acceleration, very enjoyable driver. I can't wait to take this thing into some online street car lobby's and smoke some Camaro's and Mustang's!

I did all of the tuning in my online lounge at Deep Forest, all aids off except ABS 1. I'm running consecutive 1:16.0xx's with a best lap so far of 1:15.287. As allways, this is a big hp rear drive muscle car, carefull throttle apply is needed, but I feel like I've tamed 'er pretty well. Enjoy the Jensen, muscle car fans! :D

Last edited:
2qum4d2.jpg

Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO

I made this tune with Group 2 of the Vintage Trans Am Series in mind. I'd be willing to do another with it fully prepped if desired. (Parts list at bottom)

614Hp, 1410Kg, 548Pp, RS

Transmission: 4.0 Final, top speed 174Mph
LSD: 20/24/14
Ride Height: -18/-11
Spring Rate: 5.8/10.1
Dampers (Ext): 5/6
Dampers (Comp): 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/6
Camber: 2.1/2.8
Toe: .12/.44
Brake Balance: 7/5

Times: 1:29xxx Trial Mountain

Parts: Window Weight Reduction, Chassis Reinforcement, ECU Tuning, Engine Stage 3, Sports Intake Manifold, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Supercharger, Fully Customizable Transmission, Twin Plate Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Adjustable LSD, Carbon Driveshaft, Fully Customizable Suspension

Last edited:
Awesome tune for the Jensen...always loved this car...now I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrve it. Only had a chance for a quick spin so far. Great fun - it's still a bit of a handful but what a handful!

Massive fun & now within my limited ability to keep it on the track!!!

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on you guys to see what you produce next!👍

So it looks like we have a few interesting cars requested. The Stratos, GTO, Jag E-Type are a few of these. Expect a few more American cars from me since the closest thing i can get to my personal car is a '71 Dodge Charger, everyone can expect a road course tune for it and possibly a Daytona tune. Looking forward to tuning with everyone i'll be hosting rooms titled Vintage Tuning if anyone wants to join me in practicing.

PlymouthSuperbird.jpg

Plymouth Superbird '70
I'm going to post two set ups for this car. One being another limited prep that I found to be very fun to drive, and the other maxed out.

481Hp, 1323Kg, 518Pp, RM

Transmission: 3.400 Final, 199Mph
LSD: 9/29/18
Ride Height: -24/-6
Spring Rate: 8.7/11.9
Dampers (Ext): 6/6
Dampers (Comp): 4/4
Anti Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber: 2.5/1.8
Toe: -.17/-.26
Brake Balance: 6/5

Parts: Weight Stage 3, Window Weight, Chassis Reinforcement, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Fully Customizable Transmission, Twin Plate Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Adjustable LSD, Carbon Drive Shaft, Fully Customizable Suspension

Maxed: 791Hp, 1323Kg, 580Pp

Last edited:
220.jpg

I'm going to post two set ups for this car. One being another limited prep that I found to be very fun to drive, and the other maxed out.

481Hp, 1323Kg, 518Pp, RM

Transmission: 3.400 Final, 199Mph
LSD: 9/29/18
Ride Height: -24/-6
Spring Rate: 8.7/11.9
Dampers (Ext): 6/6
Dampers (Comp): 4/4
Anti Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber: 2.5/1.8
Toe: -.17/-.26
Brake Balance: 6/5

Parts: Weight Stage 3, Window Weight, Chassis Reinforcement, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Fully Customizable Transmission, Twin Plate Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Adjustable LSD, Carbon Drive Shaft, Fully Customizable Suspension

Maxed: 791Hp, 1323Kg, 580Pp

... Care to make my job any more complicated?
First, tunes added to posts days after they're created, and now tunes that don't even include the car they're for?

Adrenaline
... Care to make my job any more complicated?
First, tunes added to posts days after they're created, and now tunes that don't even include the car they're for?

Take it one at a time then if its that complicated. Just to let you know, we have 2 or 3 more coming within a few days i you wanted a heads up. Thanks again for including these in your stickied thread.

He corrected the issue, but as you can see from the original quote, there was absolutely no way of knowing what car that tune was for. No name, no picture, so, yeah, it kind of complicates things.

It's cool Ford. My mistake. I guess my picture didn't show up.

Adrenaline, if it happens again though, would you please PM the person who posted the tune so that we don't get any tension building in here? I'd appreciate that greatly.

Thanks-
James

I tried the GTO tune, it understeers just a little to much for my tastes.. It's still really good.. I'll give it another try later. I hope you guys don't take offense to this..

I tried the GTO tune, it understeers just a little to much for my tastes.. It's still really good.. I'll give it another try later. I hope you guys don't take offense to this..

Constructive criticism is good, I encourage it. We were actually talking about that understeer this morning so we can take it back out and try it when we find the time. I'm in the process of releasing a '74 Countach tune later today and the Jag E-Type is next after that. Safe to say we're back in business 👍

200MphFord
Constructive criticism is good, I encourage it. We were actually talking about that understeer this morning so we can take it back out and try it when we find the time. I'm in the process of releasing a '74 Countach tune later today and the Jag E-Type is next after that. Safe to say we're back in business 👍

Looking forward to both of those!

Like Ford said, I was having that problem earlier, I honestly just got sidetracked with it. I'll see about fixing it tonight. One thing though, with that car try braking late into the corner and a late acceleration point. You'll shave a lot of time even with the understeer.

JLawrence
Like Ford said, I was having that problem earlier, I honestly just got sidetracked with it. I'll see about fixing it tonight. One thing though, with that car try braking late into the corner and a late acceleration point. You'll shave a lot of time even with the understeer.

Ok thanks for the tip, I'll check back when you've worked it out. Keep it up guys.

Back