CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 32

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 263 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww man, there's already some amazing shots in here, no doubt more to come :nervous:. I'm sure this thread will produce some of the best shots I've seen yet 👍 For now I'll submit this one..........

Final Entry

Click the pic ^

Final entry

Kyoto-Gion_5.jpg

Well guys, It's like the second time I post in the contests (first one was in the LeMans competition, but then work prevented me to even follow it until I saw my entry wasn't even in the poll for some reason un til I realized that the judge chose the entires that get in... duh) mostly due to work, but I had to come try this one.

In the months I've been playing GT5, I've done hundreds of pictures of course, but just this week I got the first picture that really tricked me into thinking it looks like a photo. Even with all my trained eye as a car photographer that eats by doing this in real life, and my Photoshop knowledge. It also managed to cheat three other people, so I think it absolutely quialifies as a real-looking picture. So I'll post it here. It's not exactly the greatest composition, but it does look real. If it wasn't for the render-ish helmet, you'd have a hard time.

At least it seems so for me. And for the other people I showed it to. so...

FINAL ENTRY

Now, as a guy that does this for real, I will tell you that only, ONLY Andrea's 458 and the orange SuperGT Lexus posted some pages ago look real... and more or less the black SLR at the Ring.

GT5 CAN produce real-looking pictures, but it needs to yield the exact light and conditions, specially light and angle, for the reflections in the paint to look real. the best light to use is a low-late-afternoon light, but NO YELLOW LIGHT.

Do not do pictures of scenery, nor ones that involve places, like the Fiat 500 above. All the places look horribly fake. Also, if you're gonna do rig-like shots, do them with cars that don't have chrome, and do it in a way that you do not show round forms in the first point of view, because circles suck in GT5. Avoid extreme light contrasts, and avoid detail shots of wheels and lights, which are some of the worse features in GT5. They look amazing for a game, but they are FAR from real.

Want to nail a realistic piture? try a far-away panning shot at about 1:125, and look for the right light.

Jus't sayin. Let's see if this time I make the poll... am I right in my assumption that the judge chooses the 15 entries that make the poll? Why only 15? The poll system only allows 15?

Sorry for the noobness, I had never participated in these, I've only done the real photo comps back in the photography sections.

And sorry for the long post too.

Last edited:
Judging by all the "constructive" criticism here I should probably take another one as well lol. All of my photos are old.

And how do the photomode locations look horribly fake? I think as long as you avoid the 8-bit people it can look pretty good.

New Final Entry

Great post Cano, very good tips in there. But be sure to put 'Final Entry' in red text or your shot won't be considered for the poll! ;)

Last edited:
:banghead: Oh man I now want to change my entry but I have already done so .Realism (fist in air)

Judging by all the "constructive" criticism here I should probably take another one as well lol. All of my photos are old.

And how do the photomode locations look horribly fake? I think as long as you avoid the 8-bit people it can look pretty good.

I think I am with you on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back