WrongGear "Mag" Pictorials - new WrongGear Reloaded coming soon

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 187 comments
Johnny you definitely should. Some of them are really good loking, and many of them are stunning to drive :)

Next update maybe at the end of next week. Currently I've got only one session done, so it will take some time.

5852916278_62eaa28821_b.jpg

I'm back! After many unfortunate events I'm back to GT and forums, yay! :)

Head 2 head
Eternal beauties
Two absolutely different cars. Vintage racer, and modern glamour supercar. But they have two things in common - stunning looks and marvelous soundtrack. Ok, they're both red and they're both Alfa Romeos, but that doesn't matter.

8C Competizione is relatively new car, but I'm sure it will become classic. Looking at it is pure pleasure. Driving... well not exactly. It's nervous and a little unpredictable, but still fun to trash around on some wider track.

[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/abraxas69/5852915446/"]

TZ2 on the other hand is driving on rails. It has tons of grip, but it isn't boring. Maybe it's not as fast as 8C but belive me, it's amazing to drive this little pretty Alfa.

Conclusion. Totally different experience. Wild, unpredictable vamp, and sophisticated but feisty lady. Both worth a sin.

Drivers bert friend
I was looking forward to drive this little british gem. Well isn't very fast, it isn't glued to the road. So is it bad car? Not at all! V8S is like old friend that you like to hang out with. When you drive it you feel that he understands you and you understand him. Maybe it won't be most thrilling ride of your life but you'll find it one of your best driving experience. This is truly drivers car.

Drift corner
Drift big!
Big, 4-door saloon with many horses under bonnet? Count me in! I just felt that this japaneese tuned gentelmans car will be great for drifting. And I was right. I've only changed suspension and my god that thing amazed me. So nice and smooth to control. I'm sure I'll spend some more time with Tom's Chaser to make it even better drifter, but it's surely great base for nice, big drifting machine.

Bavarian terror
One word - thrilling! We've taken this beast to 'Ring and uleashed hell. It's way faster than you, unless you are german man with too big jaw or nice
german blonde woman born on the Ring. If you're not, be careful. This thing is so fast that one little mistake and you're everywhere but not on tarmac.

4 wheeled bike?
I've read a lot about how PD messed up that car, so first of all I've changed transmission and adjusted gearing. That helped a lot but... It's high
reving motorcycle engine, and it should rev in blink of an eye, but it doesn't. Thankfully rest of this lightweight toy is brilliant. It's so well planted that it takes some time to find it's limits. Not a car for everybody but try it, and see if you love it or hate it.

Mister Ellegance
Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe have nothing to do with sport. But that's not the problem when you look like this. Neck-twisting factor on pedestrians is around 99%. Why we get so many soulless cars nowadays?

The Dozer
How such big and heavy car can be fun offroad? I don't know but Range Rover is!

Business ride
And we are back in Madrit, but with totally different car. I have problem with this Lexus. It's ugly, not that fast, too soft and unstable. But I just feel that underneath it has some good potential. Main problem is that it has stock comfort tyres. I'm sure I'll try to makeover it to some drifting monster.

Sports season
It's all about Civics
Yay, Civic challange! I hoped that it would be as fun as when I was racing in old CRX. Stupid high hopes. All I remember was understeer. But it was quite fun to push this little, pretty Honda for first place at Deep Forest. As you see in Tokyo I wasn't so successfull.

Run for your lives!
To be honest I'm lousy rally driver. Escudo always scared me. Almost 1000PS monster, under 1 tonne of weight? That's just insane. And that's how it rolls - plain insanity. I can't tell you if it's good to drive or not. It overwhelmed me, and made sick my co-pilot.

That's all for now. Tell me what you think.

Awesome, love the Aston and Maserati set the most. Not sure how I missed this epic gallery. 👍 Like the motion blur in the last Escudo shot a lot too.

Wonderful gallery. I like how you added the airplane in the Escudo pic. (You did add the airplane, right...?) The last Escudo pic was so good, it actually made me dizzy looking at it. Perspective is great. Great composition on all of the photos. I also like your gallery format. Well done.

I'm glad you like it :) No I didn't add an airplane :D I only use 2.0 type editing. When I saw how crazy fast Escudo spins aroud I had to take that kind of shot :)

Big thanks from me and my girlfriend who is driving with me in two cars shots. This time shi is in Alfa TZ2 :)

This time we have something unusual.

Please welcome The SZTIG
5890886626_26eb9b69f4.jpg

The SZTIG is retarded racing driver sacked by 4 teams and thrown out from 5 racing series. Well we can't afford better driver.

From now on The SZTIG will be running most of our cars on our own custom Toscana based road course. It's about 3,8km long, has 15 variable corners, and width of snake's a..

We decided to start with big bang, and took 13 of our previously tested cars, and try how they drive on out course.
Below you'll see pics of them, and then Power Laps Board with exclusive Sztigs commentary. Yes, he talks, but not very much.

Some say that his middle name is Pancake, and that he has bigger boobs than Keira Knightley.

5890885058_378770afc4.jpg

1:28,219 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '10 Pooooooower
1:30,619 Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 Razor edge
1:32,103 McLaren MP4-12C '10 Tricky but fast
1:32,323 Saleen S7 '02 Wild and fast
1:33,879 RUF CTR2 '96 Faaast but not fun
1:34,391 BMW M3 GTR Road Car '03 Astonishing accuracy
1:34,520 Aston Martin Vanquish '04 Glued
1:35,403 Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 Hard to manage
1:35,705 Maserati GranTurismo '08 Hard to manage
1:36,159 RUF 3400S '00 Pure pleasure
1:36,566 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 Nervous but fun
1:40,035 TVR V8S '91 Controlable fun
1:44,233 Ford Focus ST '06 Predictable

And what's that for? Just for fun :)
Next normal issue soon.

Cool idea :D I feel the first and last shots are the best, I feel the others have a bit standard angles. Then again I suppose it fits the magazine style you have going. ;)

This time it was only to document these lap times so I didn't spent much time playing with angles.
Thanks for comments. I finally got car for next "duel" - "Small Big Mistakes" so I can now start shooting for next issue :)

5914575601_91c44251b3_b.jpg

Head 2 head
Heavyweight champions
I love big powerfull sedans. Style, comfort and insanity in one package. You can drive calm to office, and kill some sporty rice tuners in race between traffic lights. And who is better in building such cars than Germans?

Audi RS6 and Mercedes E55 AMG. Similar in power, weight, and size, but definitely diffrent approach. They both don't stand out in crowd, just businessman ride, but trust me, they can be thrilling.

RS6 is fast. Very fast. Pedal to the metal and it's gone. It has also big amounts of grip, but don't expect going through corners like it's a Lotus. Almost 2 tonne weight have to kill handling in 4WD car. It has understeer of course but it's not as bad as I imagined. Don't worry thou, push pedal to the max exiting from corner and you're blasting to next one.

Merc with his rear wheel drive is something totally different. The Sztig had one word for it - powerslide. It's absolutelly insane. You can take every corner sideways, even when you don't want to. But you will want it, this car is pure fun. I was shocked that such heavy car can handle this good.

So which one is faster? In drag race it depends on distance. Audi has instant grip, while Merc stands in smoke cloud. But when E55 finally regain his grip, damn it's so fast, and eventually will catch Audi.
Finally we had to take this two big guys to our test course, and hand them to our untamed racing idiot. Some say he still uses Windows 3.1, and that he once had pet mosquito. All we know he is The Sztig.
Audi handled well, and was really fast, but Merc was faster. Even faster than RUF 3400S. You'll find their times at the bottom of this issue of WrongGear.
So which one you should buy? Audi - yes it's good, and if you have some spare money get it, but Merc is a must have!

Head 2 head
Small big mistakes
And again we have Audi and Mercedes. But this time the crappiest of them all! Audi A2 and Merc A-Class - the worst two cars from these manufacturers of all time.

Ok, Audi was interesting. All aluminium, light, modern. But it was waaay too expensive.
Merc wasn't cheap too, but had some other problems, like falling over at corners.

Which one is better this time? Does it matter? They are both horrible. And Polyphony please send me textures, I'll upscale them with pleasure.

Supercar fest
Fury on four wheels
One look, and you know that Lamborgini Murcielago LP670-4 SV is crazy fast.

This machine is just incredible. 300kmh at unchicaned Monza main straight. At our track it was even faster than Pagani Zonda 7.3. You have to try it.

Drift corner
Capitan Obvious
I've always preferred non-japanesse drifters, but you have to agree that Japan have some grat drifting machines. And RX-7 is one of them for sure.

Tears in rain
Tears of joy! I've heard that Garaiya is grat car, but it's more than that. It's super fun. Even on wet surface it's grip is huge. Try it and you won't regret it.

Italian chic
Yes it has no power. But it's also light as toothpick. Add great looks and great handling and you have wonderful oldtimer. Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA is simply very lovely car.

Mediolan Fashion Week
Design of Fiat Coupe Turbo is for sure unusual. You can love it or hate it, or both like me. I love front and side of Fiat but hate it's back. I had prepared a lot of mean comments about that car, but after short ride I have to say it's really fun for FF car. Also it's time on our test course surprised me.

Sports season
Super Ninjas
I'm not a big fan of race cars. But when you are getting invite to drive such a beast you can't say no. I was really surprised how well and how easy you can handle that Godzilla. From now on I'm a fan of SuperGT.

Race to Dakar
My biggest dream is to finish Dakar rally. On a motorcycle, but that doesn't matter. Mitsubishi Pajero Rally car suprised me with almost no body roll. It handles quite well for such a tall car. And I also like that it looks like brick on wheels.

And now our lap times board. We've added times of RS6, E55, Lambo SV, Garaiya, Fiat Coupe and Mercury Cougar from one of previous issues.

5890885058_378770afc4.jpg

1:28,219 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '10 Pooooooower
1:29,667 Lamborghini Murcielago SV '10 Whoa!
1:30,619 Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 Razor edge
1:32,103 McLaren MP4-12C '10 Tricky but fast
1:32,323 Saleen S7 '02 Wild and fast
1:33,879 RUF CTR2 '96 Faaast but not fun
1:34,391 BMW M3 GTR Road Car '03 Astonishing accuracy
1:34,520 Aston Martin Vanquish '04 Glued
1:35,403 Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 Hard to manage
1:35,705 Maserati GranTurismo '08 Hard to manage
1:36,106 Mercedes E55 AMG '02 Powerslide!
1:36,159 RUF 3400S '00 Pure pleasure
1:36,402 Audi RS6 '02 Heavyweight monster
1:36,566 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 Nervous but fun
1:38,402 Autobacs Garaiya '02 Oversized kart
1:40,035 TVR V8S '91 Controlable fun
1:41,731 Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 Funny boat
1:44,233 Ford Focus ST '06 Predictable
1:45,174 Fiat Coupe Turbo '00 Nice car, yup

That's all. I'll have to make next issues smaller ;) Tell me how you like it.

Thanks guys :)
Too bad this time thread gone lost. I really like constructive criticism, and like to know what others think of it.

Man, I just love the idea.
And also you grammer!

Just leaves this kinda "Borat" - Feel.
"..it's also light as toothpick."

Love this man! :lol:

Back