Skython's Gallery: Farewell Mr Problematic (3/12/13)

• Thread starter Skython
  • 420 comments
Nice set. I really like the B/W first shot (even though I'm not a huge fan of B/W). 👍
GT5 sometimes handles shadowing on parts of the car really badly, hence the marks on the front. I've found it particularly bad with light green cars as well for some reason. :boggled:

Great photos Skython! My favorites from these last ones are the 3rd photo of the RS200 at Toscana and the last of the Lambo ones.

I Like the B/W - Shot of the Cobra a lot.
Very nice sense of speed! :)

Thanks, good to see you've gone through more than just the most recent update, :cheers: mate

Nice set. I really like the B/W first shot (even though I'm not a huge fan of B/W). 👍
GT5 sometimes handles shadowing on parts of the car really badly, hence the marks on the front. I've found it particularly bad with light green cars as well for some reason. :boggled:

Oh, that would explain it, thanks. And I feel proud to make someone like something they don't usually like, YAY!!!!! :cheers:

Great photos Skython! My favorites from these last ones are the 3rd photo of the RS200 at Toscana and the last of the Lambo ones.

:cheers: mate, good to see you venture into the GT5 area 👍

Really like the black and white one. That colour looks great on the Murcielago.

:cheers:, though I am confused whether you're referring to the green or the colour in that particular photo, :lol:

Wow Skython, great shots! I really like the green Lambo and Rally photos.

Thanks mate, I find it funny how you note the green, like it's an alien colour for the car, :lol: Classically brilliant, :cheers:

:cheers: for viewing

Last edited:
Nice shots. It took me a while to unlock that location. I was pretty happy when I finally got gold. (Not as happy as when I finally bronzed the Vettel challenge with my DS3, but that's another story... :scared: ) Also, I didn't mean anything by "green Lambo" in my last post. I was just differentiating it from other Lambo shots you may have taken. :)

It took you guys awhile to get that? I thought it was for gold on the easy Nurburgring challenge, which was easy to gold

It took me awhile to make this, but what do you guys think of my Gallery Logo.

Hmmm, here's the original

And the extras

Thanks for viewing

DAMMIT, sorry but I just realized I double posted :(

:cheers: Primus, it took me awhile to make it, the filters were easy to add but to get the lettering right, every colour change is done manually on the lettering, every difference on shading, it was time consuming. Especially because I don't use PS much

Also, the new head page is up, check it out

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196971

Has a Highlight feature, if you don't know what that is, have a look

Now, for this update I'm trying something different for some views (it's getting a little lonely, thank you Primus for sticking around). So I've tried to see if I have GT photo talent (not real) or if the filters have been doing it all for me. So I've cut down massively on the filters, here we are the Targa Rally in Toscana.

The classics started off with a Lancia Stratos. The team has tried to recreate the classic livery with some help with Polyphony Digital, and here is some shots from their day.

Their day was going great until James May managed to get into the car...

And get lost

"Oh cock"

And in the modern class, a Mclaren with a very hard name to remember lead the entire day

^ Based off a shot in paskowitz's gallery, but didn't realize until posting these just now

Okay, so I couldn't resist those filters :guilty: I will not use anymore in this update!!!

DAMMIT!!!!!! I can throw out that so-called promise :indiff:

:cheers: to you guys for viewing.

My favourite is the extreme black and white one of the MP4. Like the effect of that filter, the sense of speed, and the town in the background adding some depth. 👍

Great shots as always, but I recommend having the blur and filters in Photoshop instead of in-game. Looks more professional in my opinion, just like ceiling_fan's.

Great update, I liked the Top gear reference and my favorite is the last Mclaren photo. And I just venture to the GT5 area to see photos. Rarely for other things.

Amazing! You really take 100% quality shots, they are all at full potential. Not one mistake. I love realistic pictures! :D Great job man!

Nice update. You are getting really good at this. 👍

:cheers:, yeah I didn't think I'd get as good as this, I'm happy with my shots, though now, they're not that appealing to me.

Great update, I liked the Top gear reference and my favorite is the last Mclaren photo. And I just venture to the GT5 area to see photos. Rarely for other things.

Fair enough, I felt I had to reference Captain Slow with that, I couldn't resist ;)

Amazing! You really take 100% quality shots, they are all at full potential. Not one mistake. I love realistic pictures! 👍 Great job man!

:cheers:, with that comment, I feel I owe you money ;) Unfortunately I have no money. Realistic, my shots are realistic, yay.

Great update - nice job with the Stratos.

This

And this

I really like 👍

So that walking for the Stratos shot were worth it, :cheers:

Great shots as always, but I recommend having the blur and filters in Photoshop instead of in-game. Looks more professional in my opinion, just like ceiling_fan's.

Thanks, your bluntness is really handy, you let me know where I can improve, :cheers: a million.

My favourite is the extreme black and white one of the MP4. Like the effect of that filter, the sense of speed, and the town in the background adding some depth. 👍

:cheers: GP, the monochrome did well at giving a chrome car effect didn't it, that's what I thought, :cheers:

:cheers: to everyone 👍

Thanks, your bluntness is really handy, you let me know where I can improve, :cheers: a million.

No problem mate. ;) Oh and one more thing, the reason why you should do stuff in Photoshop is because the possibilities in editing photos are endless when you do it there, unlike plainly using GT filters.

(although I have to try it myself too. lol)

:cheers: Primus, the B&W might be my last one of those sort of shots, I'm switching to photoshop stuff to see if I can do better.

(Please take note that these are my very first attempts at photo editing, so don't go bonkers and murder me)

Un-edited

Unedited

Edited

^ Too much?

Unedited

Edited

Unedited

Edited

:cheers: for viewing my ventures into photoshop :P

umadson - Only if the pen tool didn't confuse the hell out of me :P :cheers: I'll pick it up soon enough :)

Soloracer3 - :cheers:, it's all done well by coincidence :P I guess the R10 was just a lucky one ;)

But wait, there's more!!!!!

All edited

You're getting those spot-on mate. The last thing you need is ze watermark, you probably need to start distinguishing yourself from the school of (creative, photomanipulating) fishes.

Nice job Skython. I like the lens flare in the Audi shots - it suits those photos well. Just one small suggestion I would make (just a preference I guess, rather than a suggestion), is to make the pictures a little smaller for easier viewing and link to the bigger picture in your Imageshack gallery. Also, pay close attention to the whole picture when you enhance the colors, as it tends sometimes to distort pixels/cause artifacting/color banding, especially in the sky/atmosphere. Composition is spot on and the sense of action is compelling though. Keep them coming! 👍:dopey:

Last edited:
Agree 100% with Primus Ortus. Great job and I look forward to seeing what you can produce with your editing as you gain in experience and confidence. :)

Back