Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

ACSR421 are people allowed to enter multiple cars in the Coffee Break Challenge?

I either don't have the right car or enough talent to beat this. Focus wasn't even close, nor a 95 eclipse, or a RM DC5.

What kind of times are you getting?
Also which Focus did you use?

ACSR421 are people allowed to enter multiple cars in the Coffee Break Challenge?

Umm, just one car per person. I'll try to get a participant count before Wednesday. I need at least five people to make it fun, hopefully more will enter though. Everyone who wants to participate has to list their time and car used by Wed. to continue on to the second (last) part of the challenge.

Umm, just one car per person. I'll try to get a participant count before Wednesday. I need at least five people to make it fun, hopefully more will enter though. Everyone who wants to participate has to list their time and car used by Wed. to continue on to the second (last) part of the challenge.
okay you might want to update that original post then. I was getting set to run all my favorite cars around the ring and send you the list!:crazy::lol:

Yeah, everyone running all their favorite cars would be bad. I edited the post now. Let me know if any of the rules are still unclear.

Here you are madame... So my times of gold medal are over..... Thanks to let me be the first for one day... Magnanimous madame CSLACR...
Your current time is excellent, and won't be easy to beat, I'd say a very high percentage of GT5 players can't make it, very nice. 👍

👍 For using a word in my native language I had to look up to be certain of it's meaning, with English being your 4th language, very impressive.:bowdown:

Your current time is excellent, and won't be easy to beat, I'd say a very high percentage of GT5 players can't make it, very nice. 👍

👍 For using a word in my native language I had to look up to be certain of it's meaning, with English being your 4th language, very impressive.:bowdown:

Magnanime, magnânima,magnánima,magnanimous.....:)French,portuguese, spanish,english....this one was easy.
Yes it was hard to do this time, but i love the ring and don't mind to try and try again and again... But now i have to say that i'm tired to drive FF cars. The SRT on this track is a fight, with a lot of smoke. But it's a very fast car, just a few FR or MR are faster on the ring.
Did you see my prevision ? About your time? I've said 6'31"!!! ?? so am i close ?

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 - 151HP - 647KG
nrburgringnordschleife1f.jpg

Tuned @ Nurburgring.

Aero:
-20/ -5​
0/20
3.0 / 4.0​
Final: 6.000
3 / 4​
Top Speed: 112mph
2 / 3​
2 / 4​

2.4 / 2.7​
0.00 / +0.15​

Final: 3140
BB: 6/4​
Shift @ 8100rpm

12 / 13 / 12

Last edited:
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
sany0136m.jpg

151HP - 647KG.
I'll probably be able to set the car to share and post the tune tomorrow night after the dust settles.
Nice time there CSLACR I'll post it in the OP. Feel free to post your tune in the Outlaw Motorsports Garage if you like.:D
Do have a question for you though...from your pictures it looks like you have the wing from GT Auto on the Autozam. Did you try it without the wing? I'm not in your league as a driver but I know when I run an Autozam in the Lightweight K Cup seasonal race at Eifel the wing slows me down by a couple mph and several 10ths of a second per lap.

Note: Posted your car and time in OP.
I'm at 6:59 with your SRT-4 despo... I just don't have the chutzpah to get this challenge done. Maybe I'll try the K-cars.
Well hope you have better luck with those. Suggest starting with a Copen as you can get one from the NCD and their fairly easy to tune and drive fast. If you can find one in the UCD the Cuore/Mira are an absolute blast to drive at their limit. Might just be me but they seem to create a greater sensation of speed than most of the other Kei cars. I could also send you a Cuore/Mira as I have several in stock. (I buy them whenever they show up in my UCD to give people and to try several different tunes on.:crazy:)

Last edited:
I remember to everybody that my DODGE SRT4 is online for share. it's a fast car ,easy to do a good time with it. Just need to do engine overhaule and chassis every 5 to 7 laps if not it loose something like 25 hp.
Good luck to everybody.

I remember to everybody that my DODGE SRT4 is online for share. it's a fast car ,easy to do a good time with it. Just need to do engine overhaule and chassis every 5 to 7 laps if not it loose something like 25 hp.
Good luck to everybody.
From my experience, and I know this contradicts what most people do, but all you need to do is change the oil every 150 miles. I've yet to see a car lose any hp in less than 3,000mi, or I guess about 5,000km.
Chassis maintenance is harder to tell, but I also have determined for myself it's also unnecessary for the same mileage. Just a potential money-saver tip.
Also when borrowing a car mileage doesn't rack up, so it should stay where it is, if I'm not mistaken.

Nice time there CSLACR I'll post it in the OP. Feel free to post your tune in the Outlaw Motorsports Garage if you like.:D
Do have a question for you though...from your pictures it looks like you have the wing from GT Auto on the Autozam. Did you try it without the wing? I'm not in your league as a driver but I know when I run an Autozam in the Lightweight K Cup seasonal race at Eifel the wing slows me down by a couple mph and several 10ths of a second per lap.

Note: Posted your car and time in OP.
I originally had the wing set to 10 downforce, but this little bugger is tail-happy as hell, so my tune includes 20 rear downforce. From what I've seen, the Nurb typically requires more stability than any other track by far.
Either way, it looks cooler with the wing. :D

From my experience, and I know this contradicts what most people do, but all you need to do is change the oil every 150 miles. I've yet to see a car lose any hp in less than 3,000mi, or I guess about 5,000km.
Chassis maintenance is harder to tell, but I also have determined for myself it's also unnecessary for the same mileage. Just a potential money-saver tip.
Also when borrowing a car mileage doesn't rack up, so it should stay where it is, if I'm not mistaken.

I originally had the wing set to 10 downforce, but this little bugger is tail-happy as hell, so my tune includes 20 rear downforce. From what I've seen, the Nurb typically requires more stability than any other track by far.
Either way, it looks cooler with the wing. :D

Well ,i didn't check exactly how many laps it need to loose the power,but i'm shure it's less than 8 laps , just do the test , for the chasis, if the game let do it ,i do it together with the engine. For this car it's cheap, so no problems.

I've tried the Mazda Autozam, first without aerokit (Front / rear) ,i can't go under 7'46" for the moment. But i have my Ghost loaded no aero. I have put the aero with 20 points, and race again my ghost = 0 kmh less, same speed exactly. Strange but it's like this..

I've tried the Mazda Autozam, first without aerokit (Front / rear) ,i can't go under 7'46" for the moment. But i have my Ghost loaded no aero. I have put the aero with 20 points, and race again my ghost = 0 kmh less, same speed exactly. Strange but it's like this..

Yeah I got to looking at my Autozam tuned for the Kei car seasonals and realized that it had to be limited down to meet the requirements. So at a guess with track conditions there so different than Nürburgring I found the wing unnecessary. Especially when you have to offset the extra PP with either more weight or less HP. (In case anyone is interested 71kg ballast in the -50 location will give a 50/50 weight distribution, fully modified and broken in the car takes 95kg in the -44 location to give a 50/50 and reduce PP to 420 the max for the Lightweight K Cup seasonals.)

I've put some aerofoil on the copen too. the ssettings are the same just aerokit level 20 to add.
New time 7'23"413

copen2.jpg

Well ,i didn't check exactly how many laps it need to loose the power,but i'm shure it's less than 8 laps , just do the test , for the chasis, if the game let do it ,i do it together with the engine. For this car it's cheap, so no problems.

When it's cheap I do the chassis, but I never bother with engine rebuilds untill 3000mi for gameplay, 1000mi for events, whether online or wrs.
I noticed the downforce not effecting top speed in last weeks wrs, the Asparadrink barely gained a few feet down Fuji straight whether full 35/65 or minimum (15/30 I think) downforce.

Haha ,ok, but it's not so easy now... I'll try, because this copen is a fun car to drive, look like a FR not FF 👍
The next event need to be with FR or MR , they are better to drive and tune.

Better? Or just easier to setup?
Of course they can't really compete for the most part much above the 500-525 level a couple depending on track and tire options might be able to make a show at 550 but its sort of doubtful. To many good cars that are easier to deal with at that level.

Of course they can't really compete for the most part much above the 500-525 level a couple depending on track and tire options might be able to make a show at 550 but its sort of doubtful. To many good cars that are easier to deal with at that level.
A bone stock sub 500PP Camaro SS on SS tires can run 2:02's on GV pretty easily, and I ran a stock one on stock S1's to 7:40 something on the Nurb I believe.

I think the border for FF to compete is about 450PP, maybe 475 for a lucky few.

What's decent car nobody's tried yet? not looking for an attempt, just the name of a new to this comp Kei car I can try. I like the unknown, so please don't tell me it's tuned specs or times, I like the mystery. ;)
Edit: Any Kei car nobody's posted tuned specs or a time for will do.

Last edited:
A bone stock sub 500PP Camaro SS on SS tires can run 2:02's on GV pretty easily, and I ran a stock one on stock S1's to 7:40 something on the Nurb I believe.

I think the border for FF to compete is about 450PP, maybe 475 for a lucky few.

What's decent car nobody's tried yet? not looking for an attempt, just the name of a new to this comp Kei car I can try. I like the unknown, so please don't tell me it's tuned specs or times, I like the mystery. ;)
Edit: Any Kei car nobody's posted tuned specs or a time for will do.

Try the Midget II D-Type :D

raVer

Try the Midget II D-Type :D

raVer
How does everyone keep screwing the quotes up? :lol:
I have one I can check, but I'm assuming it sucks, because datsoo's suck. Yes, I have no idea how to spell datsoo, so I'll spell it clearly wrong but as I pronounce it possibly because I'm correct or because I've no idea how to say it properly.

Odd, it can be fixed, but didn't post like that before.

Last edited:

Both. An FF over 200 or 300 hp depending of tires ,for me is a problem to resolve and not a car to make better. You have to deal with traction (or no traction) on the directional front wheels.
The only advantage is the price of this cars in the real life. If it was good ,bike will be FF too. I only know one ... and it don't pass 25 mph. :):)
solex3800g.jpg

How does everyone keep screwing the quotes up? :lol:
I have one I can check, but I'm assuming it sucks, because datsoo's suck. Yes, I have no idea how to spell datsoo, so I'll spell it clearly wrong but as I pronounce it possibly because I'm correct or because I've no idea how to say it properly.

Odd, it can be fixed, but didn't post like that before.

Because someone quoted without the quote at the end :lol:

Another car:

The 550cc Mitsu Minica Dangan ZZ

raVer

Latest Posts

Back