Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
I like how everything looks crisp and clear; and above all: it looks realistic! The reflections on the car are great and there are so many contrasts - especially on the front end of the car. Furthermore, I like the contrast between the blue sky - which, by the way, looks great - and the car. The motion of the car is easily perceptible, and I can imagine that you put a lot of effort into getting such a clean blur of the fence without having the sky blurred. Well done. :)

I cant help it, but the front of the Jaguar just looks ugly......but your pic, in no way! ;)

Nicely done, yet again.👍

The Jag is pure awesome! Quality, colour tones, blur...you name it!! If you can bring another from that Jag, c´mon :D

:cheers: buddy!

Love it - pure class as usual. :)

Thanks!

Very nicely done! You sure know how to pull off a one-picture update :lol: All the details are super high and the muted color toning is great.

I tend to focus so much on one image that I struggle when updating with more than one photo :lol: Thanks for your feedback, I was going for a simple range of colour tone across the image as I didn't want to mess about with the beautiful paint colour too much!

Pretty. I like the brooding dark blue sky in combination with the dark car and other tones. Great job as usual.

That's exactly what I wanted from this shoot, especially with such a beast of a car. Thanks for stopping by!

I like how everything looks crisp and clear; and above all: it looks realistic! The reflections on the car are great and there are so many contrasts - especially on the front end of the car. Furthermore, I like the contrast between the blue sky - which, by the way, looks great - and the car. The motion of the car is easily perceptible, and I can imagine that you put a lot of effort into getting such a clean blur of the fence without having the sky blurred. Well done. :)

Actually, the blur is all in-game so the fence and sky fitted together perfectly from the original image! :) Thanks for your feedback, it's nice to see someone noticing all of the little details. 👍

This last pic is awesome!!!

Thankyou :)

I cant help it, but the front of the Jaguar just looks ugly......but your pic, in no way! ;)

Nicely done, yet again.👍

You think so? I love it! I had one of these overtake me for real the other day and the thing was so imposing it was terrifying! The noise was awesome. :D Thanks for your comment.

You're a legend, Mog! I absolutely love your work. So many of these would look great hanging on the wall!

Wow, thank you very much, that's very high praise! I'm not sure the resolution would be high enough for it to go on the wall though :P

NTX
The Jag is pure awesome! Quality, colour tones, blur...you name it!! If you can bring another from that Jag, c´mon :D

:cheers: buddy!

I wasn't going to, but after hearing this encouragement I might take it out for a spin somewhere else! 👍 Thanks for the reply :)

You think so? I love it! I had one of these overtake me for real the other day and the thing was so imposing it was terrifying! The noise was awesome. :D Thanks for your comment.

This Jag is way more impressive in real sight than on a pic! Very nice work Mog ;)

Agree with you Dolp, my boss has one since last year, he made a trip with us few weeks ago.
This thing goes like hell!!!

Jag :drool: :drool: Love Jag. But in this shot I love the sky even more, it looks so epic 👍 :drool: All of these colours in the image blend so well 👍 I wish I could do that :indiff:

Amazing shot! :drool: I love the rain effect out into the valley between the trees, and the spray and reflections in the road surface are brilliantly done, and that is a standard car! Fantastic shot

That sure is purdy Mog. I love the misty trees and environment. Composition is spot on as well - I like how you kept a larger bit of road on the bottom instead of just zooming in close to the car. The asphalt is an amazing balance in size, tone and quality to the moody white sky. Very nice. 👍:dopey:

Mog, thats a really stunning photo!! Really man, stunning!! The color tones are so good, great mood all over. Beautiful scenery view!! I´m already guessing that your shot will be on this week 2.0 poll, and probably win!! 👍

Another excelent job :cheers:

So, this looks like another great picture from you, Moglet! First of all, I like the composition: I realize that you had to zoom out a bit to have the car look clean and crisp, but you did not forget to position your camera so that you get a larger space (length of the road) in front of the car compared to the space behind it, which indicates a forward motion of the car. The road texture endorses this, since it carries a good blur. But you also found a good balance between the foreground and the background: I cannot imagine cropping off this picture anywhere. The concept is not the only good thing. You also chose not to have many saturated colours in this picture (which fits the theme 'rain' very well), and the rain effect is top-quality. The lighting on the car and the reflection of it on the road are flawless, as well. The noise on the road is also good, and I like the background, too, because you added a foggy atmosphere to it successfully. 👍

Last edited:
Wow, that just looks so good :drool:

You did a great job in all aspects of the photo, even squeezing it in to the 2.0 rules :D

Really difficult to imagine a pic better than that for the theme...

The Stratos pic would be awesome if half the picture wasn't the empty road. It is really distracting from the rest of an otherwise beautiful photo.

Amazing shot! :drool: I love the rain effect out into the valley between the trees, and the spray and reflections in the road surface are brilliantly done, and that is a standard car! Fantastic shot

Thanks Soloracer, I was very pleased with how the spray came out given how badly it appears in game.

That sure is purdy Mog. I love the misty trees and environment. Composition is spot on as well - I like how you kept a larger bit of road on the bottom instead of just zooming in close to the car. The asphalt is an amazing balance in size, tone and quality to the moody white sky. Very nice. 👍:dopey:

Thanks Prmius! I decided to leave the road at the bottom to try and balance out the image as the top half was very bright considering it's meant to be scenery.

NTX
Mog, thats a really stunning photo!! Really man, stunning!! The color tones are so good, great mood all over. Beautiful scenery view!! I´m already guessing that your shot will be on this week 2.0 poll, and probably win!! 👍

Another excelent job :cheers:

Thanks for your feedback, it looks as if your prediction is coming true!

I like the calm look.

Thanks!

Your 2.0 entry is outstanding, I think you'll win it easy this week.

Well the image is currently leading the poll but it's fairly close IMO!

SVX
Love it. Lots.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

So, this looks like another great picture from you, Moglet! First of all, I like the composition: I realize that you had to zoom out a bit to have the car look clean and crisp, but you did not forget to position your camera so that you get a larger space (length of the road) in front of the car compared to the space behind it, which indicates a forward motion of the car. The road texture endorses this, since it carries a good blur. But you also found a good balance between the foreground and the background: I cannot imagine cropping off this picture anywhere. The concept is not the only good thing. You also chose not to have many saturated colours in this picture (which fits the theme 'rain' very well), and the rain effect is top-quality. The lighting on the car and the reflection of it on the road are flawless, as well. The noise on the road is also good, and I like the background, too, because you added a foggy atmosphere to it successfully. 👍

Wow, that's some awesome feedback right there! It's good to see someone out there doing detailed feedback. 👍 As for the mist, I didn't add any of it! It's all in-game.

Wow, that just looks so good :drool:

You did a great job in all aspects of the photo, even squeezing it in to the 2.0 rules :D

Really difficult to imagine a pic better than that for the theme...

Thanks c_f, I was really pleased with the reflections even if they were a bit cheeky.

That Stratos shot is superb Mog! 👍

Thankyou very much :)

The Stratos pic would be awesome if half the picture wasn't the empty road. It is really distracting from the rest of an otherwise beautiful photo.

As said further up the page, the road was included in the shot to both balance out the lighting, to give the effect of forward motion. Empty road plays a big part in real automotive photography too, it shows a journey and gives a sense of movement. Had I included more sky, the image would have been too bright at the top and that didn't fit the theme of 'wet' very well IMO as wet days are generally gloomy and dull.

Looks very nice. I wish you could see a bit more sky than road, but otherwise... 👍

As above, it would have been far too bright overall for the effect I wanted to achieve!

great shot! and great car! 👍

Thanks rev, it's a brilliant little car on a wet track. The tail end gets a bit wild though!

The Grey Lamborghini

A fairly minimal image for this one photo update, my new favourite Lamborghini colour. :)

Please click for full size

The colours and car positioning are amazing. The reflections on the cars side, picking up on the detailing and shaping look great 👍

Wonderful composition, cool tones, and surprisingly good-looking car/color combo! The only thing dragging it down is the jaggies on the car's reflections. Maybe it's just me but it seems like jaggies are a bigger issue on pics than they used to be :odd: Still a great pic though! 👍

Last edited:
Exactly the same color I have on my Murcielago! :)

Lovely pic moglet. Grey in grey can be so beautiful sometimes:tup:

Wonderful composition, cool tones, and surprisingly good-looking car/color combo! The only thing dragging it down is the jaggies on the car's reflections. Maybe it's just me but it seems like jaggies are a bigger issue on pics than they used to be :odd: Still a great pic though! 👍

The reflections are probably a bit jaggy because of the location. I took a few shots elsewhere on the track and the reflections came out fine but in the tunnel they seemed very sharp and 'edgy'. That and I may have gone a little overboard with the Sharpen tool. :lol:

Back