600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Audi le mans 1'26"500 ,can be better, learning this track.

The Audi is very fast ,the faster from my test, but the other number 2 for me is the LOTUS 350 SPORT. Quick, very fast on this track.

I'll not be surprised to see an Audi top this event. Tried a stock R8 5.2, put in consistent 1:34s with it (ye gads, the grip!!). I expect the Le Mans benifits from the extra horses and lower weight.

I've got one, maybe two sessions before the end of the week with my choice. Already wasted a day on a TVR Tamora :grumpy: Decided, after half a dozen different cars, to go with pure grunt instead. Bring in the Germans..!!

{Cy}

I am sorry to announce that I will have to miss this shootout as a Test driver. recent medical conditions have put me not in the best of shape and another surgery is required followed by a possible hip replacement surgery as well.I'm really bummed as I love this track in either layout and was looking forward to testing.

Again Sorry
Indy

Look after yourself Old Man, and do everything the Doc tells you. Keep in touch...

{Cy}

EDIT: -- Excuse me spamming up the place :dunce:

What does it means ?? I can't compete with the Audi le mans???
Of course you can, it wouldn't be right to ban it now that it's been submitted.
It's a mental note for the future, hard to say with 800+ cars in standard, maybe future events should be limited to premiums though for a more level playing field, I won't know till I test some other 4WD cars and yours to see if it does in fact, have the "GT4 grip" advantage.

But the 2 cars I tested so far should be about as fast as FR's can get, so it may be the 4WD advantage.

It's a mental note for the future, hard to say with 800+ cars in standard, maybe future events should be limited to premiums though for a more level playing field, I won't know till I test some other 4WD cars and yours to see if it does in fact, have the "GT4 grip" advantage.

But the 2 cars I tested so far should be about as fast as FR's can get, so it may be the 4WD advantage.

If it is a problem and to not have a one car challenge , i can take it out and look for another. If it's better and bring more interrest ,competition to the shootout, i do it , no problems.

I already started my initial runs, I tested his audi already and what i can say is two things:

1. This is a speed track, so you want crazy speed/acceleration.

2. No damn wings! We are on R2 tires, should not need a wing, it will kill your top end. I ran a second entry with a wing against audi ghost (no wing) and the difference is shocking to say the least.

Good news for tuners, not so much for testers. I think for this one I am going to go ahead and toss a tune into the hat! :scared: In much the same way as you should be afraid of Harvey Wallbanger driving your car, so too should you fear having to drive mine. :mischievous:

I am taking, quite literally, a crash course in tuning and I think I have settled in on some Axis power goodness. So far I am under 52 and 90 seconds with a few more I want to give a fling around the courses. I would prefer to be different but so far I am leaning pretty heavily on my "clockwork orange". Time will tell.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to take part, Indy. I was looking forward to learning a thing or two about the track from your write ups. :) Get yourself healthy and join us for the next one! Speedy recovery to you, friend!

I already started my initial runs, I tested his audi already and what i can say is two things:

1. This is a speed track, so you want crazy speed/acceleration.

2. No damn wings! We are on R2 tires, should not need a wing, it will kill your top end. I ran a second entry with a wing against audi ghost (no wing) and the difference is shocking to say the least.
I've found aero makes very little difference in speed, I tested the amememememiya thing with minimum downforce vs full downforce down Fuji straight and it only made about 1-2mph boost.
It might just be the 4WD thing too, I haven't tested any yet, or a PP fudge by PD, only testing of multiple cars by the same driver will tell for sure.
power 675 HP limter 99,3%
weight 1244 KG
ACR Specs are around 600HP @ 1257KG, without 4WD.

If it is a problem and to not have a one car challenge , i can take it out and look for another. If it's better and bring more interrest ,competition to the shootout, i do it , no problems.
I'll leave it up to you, like I said, it wouldn't be right to just ban it after entry, and it's still possible there's other cars that can run with it, just not looking good.
A great find in any case.

I'll leave it up to you, like I said, it wouldn't be right to just ban it after entry, and it's still possible there's other cars that can run with it, just not looking good.

I will prepare another car, and if there is no cars to compete against the le mans till the deadline, i'll present the other one.

Ok?👍:)

I've found aero makes very little difference in speed, I tested the amememememiya thing with minimum downforce vs full downforce down Fuji straight and it only made about 1-2mph boost.
It might just be the 4WD thing too, I haven't tested any yet, or a PP fudge by PD, only testing of multiple cars by the same driver will tell for sure.

ACR Specs are around 600HP @ 1257KG, without 4WD.

I couldn't really offer anymore info other than my minimal testing done for this contest. But I would urge the tuners in this contest to test on their own. Once the contest is over it will be interesting to see which is faster.

I will prepare another car, and if there is no cars to compete against the le mans till the deadline, i'll present the other one.

Ok?👍:)
Works for me. 👍 Appreciate the team spirit.

I couldn't really offer anymore info other than my minimal testing done for this contest. But I would urge the tuners in this contest to test on their own. Once the contest is over it will be interesting to see which is faster.
Absolutely, just offering up my two cents to give tuners a heads up, before I tested it so directly I drove on, assuming it was a large speed gain from lowering down-force.

I can confirm the ACR stock vs wing @ 10/25 aero perform the same, so I am starting to subscribe fully to the theory that cars have their front aero / min rear aero even before an aero kit is installed.

Oh **** it. All right, I'm in. Though I'll only be doing short runs on the road course, so as to minimise the amount of retesting I will need to do when the track finally clicks with my head.

So with the last shootout most of the drivers improved my time by 2-3 seconds so do you think that a 1:34.xxx might be a good time, or should I find another car? I'm not a good driver at all and I really don't know this track.:dunce:

I can confirm the ACR stock vs wing @ 10/25 aero perform the same, so I am starting to subscribe fully to the theory that cars have their front aero / min rear aero even before an aero kit is installed.

If a car does come already default with minimum down force applied, it would explain the crazy understeer you get when you install a wing.

So with the last shootout most of the drivers improved my time by 2-3 seconds so do you think that a 1:34.xxx might be a good time, or should I find another car? I'm not a good driver at all and I really don't know this track.:dunce:

I would say keep trying. If your not very familiar with the track, practice it first before any tuning gets done. If you want to become a better tuner, become a better driver.:sly:

Last edited:
Shout out - Hope it all goes well for you, Indy! (I don't talk much, but I enjoyed your work in the Euro shootout)

I tend to try and catch up in one post. To whit:

Mental note - Concept cars - forever banned. ;)
My best so far is 1:28.8xx. :crazy:

Have you tried the Big Mc?
See:

Um, are you sure? That front aero on the McF1 must be so Stealthy I can't see it :sly: (Really. I'm looking at the one I played with today right now).

It is in need of a fair amount of ballast, though.

The power limiter on my car shared at "praiano66" is only 99,3% so, a lot of margin, no problem. I'm not driving it anymore on this acount, sharing it will not modify his configuration.

I've sent FR to everybody yesterday, tunners and testers. Have a good drive alls.

For those who aren't similarly constrained, borrowed cars can be reset by changing from them and simply borrowing them again. I'd suggest this ahead of adding ballast. (I will actually probably be borrowing many of them. From myself 💡).

My AUDI LE MANS is very special and can't be build if you have any kind of upgrade first. Very important to use my car at my special PSN " praiano66 ".

My dear Praiano, don't you trust me to build your cars? I'm pretty good at it by now :sly: - my MP4-12C still has your handiwork on it, I believe. I love the shiny new Surfer avatar, by the way.

Both my accounts have the Le Mans unmodded (well, one has removable bolt-ons in case I wanted it online), and neither have appreciable driving (one has 0km) - I tend to regard the untradeable Standards as more important to leave alone than 20 MCr Premiums if I only have one. I will probably either use self-borrowing or revert to backup after testing any tunes that permamod one of those cars, and yours happily won't require me to do so.

Works for me. 👍 Appreciate the team spirit.

Don't be tossing out that Jet Blue baby yet. Great attitude, though, I agree, and I'd love to see what praiano can do with the Esprit 350.

I think there's still a few cars left that can give it a run, but I'll have to build and share/test it to compare what I've seen so far.

Note: the Black Mask is Über cool. Because Jet Li.

Last edited:
Sorry about my friend's list being full. Please PM me and I'll make room for you if I can. 👍

I would say keep trying. If your not very familiar with the track, practice it first before any tuning gets done. If you want to become a better tuner, become a better driver.:sly:

Thanks, will do. I just can't figure out the essess (sp?, how do you spell the letter s?). Fun Shootout!👍

My dear Praiano, don't you trust me to build your cars? I'm pretty good at it by now :sly: - my MP4-12C still has your handiwork on it, I believe. I love the shiny new Surfer avatar, by the way.

Both my accounts have the Le Mans unmodded (well, one has removable bolt-ons in case I wanted it online), and neither have appreciable driving (one has 0km) - I tend to regard the untradeable Standards as more important to leave alone than 20 MCr Premiums if I only have one. I will probably either use self-borrowing or revert to backup after testing any tunes that permamod one of those cars, and yours happily won't require me to do so.

Don't be tossing out that Jet Blue baby yet. Great attitude, though, I agree, and I'd love to see what praiano can do with the Esprit 350.

I think there's still a few cars left that can give it a run, but I'll have to build and share/test it to compare what I've seen so far.

Note: the Black Mask is Über cool. Because Jet Li.

Yes my friend, in this conditions of course you can build the car ( if it's ok for this one) No chassis reinforcement is imperative too , great difference between my 2 cars, i can't believe it can be only the power limiter.

For the Lotus Esprit 350, this car have my preference, but it's very technical to drive fast and perhaps will not fit to some drivers.
So for my eventual second car ,i think also in a bloody Italian with 3 numbers, beginning with 4 and finishing with 8..:):).

I'm going to continue my testing session right now. Have a good night.

If a car does come already default with minimum down force applied, it would explain the crazy understeer you get when you install a wing.
I don't think I've found one either that doesn't start under-steering at higher speeds with the wing added.

Ealirendur
Have you tried the Big Mc?
See:
It doesn't show without adding the wing, and I believe PP backs this up, you have to buy the wing and set rear to minimum, and the PP should be the same as stock.

krankme
So with the last shootout most of the drivers improved my time by 2-3 seconds so do you think that a 1:34.xxx might be a good time, or should I find another car? I'm not a good driver at all and I really don't know this track
Agreed with Zero, first practice the track with a few basic setting on a couple cars, as you learn the lines, times will drop regardless of tuning changes, so to know for sure you've improved the tune, you must first improve the line.
Also nobody can really tell you what's a good time for you, you just have to compare cars and see what's getting the fastest times.
I improved most cars times in the FF shootout with a second run, just by familiarizing with the track, and how the cars were handling each turn.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Ford GT '05 "no stripe" 600pp shootout edition by AC
Car on share now psn: acsr421

AutumnRing_1.jpg

pic by BryCivicSi

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: used car dealer
Paintjob: sonicblue clearcoat metallic
Wheels: stock
No aero
Weight Reduction: stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: no
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: racing
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: sports Exhaust
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: Race Medium

The Tune
Ballast weight : 0/0
Power Limiter : 98.3%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 230 mph
3)Set gears 1st=3.271, 2nd=2.150, 3rd=1.617, 4th=1.282, 5th=1.058,
6th=.890
4)Set Final gear to 3.360
Should display an indicated top speed of 218 mph in upper right corner.
LSD rear = initial 7, acceleration 16, braking 10

Suspension
Ride height front 0.0, rear -20
Spring rate front 11.6, rear 11.9
Dampers (Extension) front 5 rear 4
Dampers (Compression) front 4 rear 3
Anti-roll bars front 7 rear 5
Camber angle front 2.8 rear 1.8
Toe angle front -.18 rear -.05
Brakes: front 3 rear 2

Transmission: Auto or Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

The car has 600 PP,weighs 1208 Kg with a 43/57 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 2.02 kg/hp, has 588 HP
@6400 rpm and produces 536 ft-lb torque @4100 rpm,

Notes:

Easier to drive with manual but tested and tuned with auto, I had a limited window for tuning time and needed to get this done today so here it is. My times during testing: DS3,auto are 50.521 @Indy oval and 1:27.017 @roadcourse. I left plenty of time out there as my lines are still pretty sloppy here. Don't know how competitive the car is but I'm having a blast doing these shootouts and want to say thanks to everyone involved up front.

Last edited:
i've finished the test of the eventual car number 2, in case i take the AUDI LE MANS out of the shootout.

They are 2 cars ,both 1'27"500 only 1 second slower than the Le Mans.

-Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

-FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09

Thi is my second option, all this will be decided after all the tuners reveal their cars and laptimes.

i've finished the test of the eventual car number 2, in case i take the AUDI LE MANS out of the shootout.

They are 2 cars ,both 1'27"500 only 1 second slower than the Le Mans.

-Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

-FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09

Thi is my second option, all this will be decided after all the tuners reveal their cars and laptimes.
Haven't tried either yet, 5 cars now though not a one below 1:28.4, maybe I'm not not driving worth crap though, IDK.

I am sorry to announce that I will have to miss this shootout as a Test driver. recent medical conditions have put me not in the best of shape and another surgery is required followed by a possible hip replacement surgery as well.I'm really bummed as I love this track in either layout and was looking forward to testing.

Again Sorry
Indy

GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) If you want, we'll go as far as to hold the shootout back to let you recover before we start testing! :dopey:

So if wings aren't better...then I did my original test wrong. Bloody great. :rolleyes: The results probably wouldn't be too much different IMO. Especially considering how the Gallardo did. Also I forgot the Murcielago actually only has 5 front downforce, not 10 as I actually thought. But since no wing is better I won't use one. I have a rough idea of how fast the car can go without hitting the limiter down the speedway with a wing, but without I don't know. I'll have to give it more power now since the PP will be lower, and I'll still need to break it in afterwards.

I believe the PP you wanna be at to get 600 on break-in is 596.

So if wings aren't better...

I believe the PP you wanna be at to get 600 on break-in is 596.

I'm not sure rear downforce is going to help at this track, although I haven't experiment fully yet. Power and its application seems to be the order, for me at least. Worth pointing out I haven't even tried the oval yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind :sly:

PP info is worth knowing, thank you. I just bought a new car today, charged it up to 596PP, cunningly... :mischievous:

{Cy}

So I tested some cars...
I don't think the LeMans has any significant advantage over at least a few other cars I've tested now, I was, expecting much more, it would seem Praiano ran a fantastic lap with his. 👍

I just bought a new car today, charged it up to 596PP, cunningly.
It's a Ferrari isn't it?

I don't think the LeMans has any significant advantage over at least a few other cars I've tested now, I was, expecting much more, it would seem Praiano ran a fantastic lap with his. 👍

As I said, he is the president of tuning, and this is one of the reasons. :D

Just breaking in my Murc now to 600. Thankfully I didn't save after fitting parts on so I only needed to remove the wing and I was back to stock PP again :lol: Given it some weight reduction actually to help on the Road Course but it still exceeds 700hp in its new state. :sly:

As I said, he is the president of tuning, and this is one of the reasons. :D

Just breaking in my Murc now to 600. Thankfully I didn't save after fitting parts on so I only needed to remove the wing and I was back to stock PP again :lol: Given it some weight reduction actually to help on the Road Course but it still exceeds 700hp in its new state. :sly:
I'm currently torn between a surely harder-to-drive Ferrari, and a Lambo ATM, though there's still 3 cars to try for me.

Nice to see more tunes available for my initial runs. Built and tuned a car to my liking earlier1:27.919 with little effort. I did this time with no wing. So from this point forward this will be the ghost everyones car will run against. My initial runs are 10 laps each, which will be followed by another 10 later on. I am going to run all cars first at the road course, then 5 laps each at the oval.

Good luck to all. :)

It's a Ferrari isn't it?

Blluuuuuuurggh!! Wash your mouth out Sir!! It most certainly isn't a Ferrari. That being said, I have disappointed myself by digging around in the Mercedes garage ... I feel a bit dirty now. Wasted a bunch of time on a Tamora, and I'm currently thinking I might waste some time on an Alfa ... Jeez, now I really do need a shower, Ferrari, Mercedes and Alfa, all in one paragraph :yuck:

{Cy}

EDIT --

I'm currently torn between a surely harder-to-drive Ferrari, and a Lambo ATM, though there's still 3 cars to try for me.

Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo ... Lambo...

Back