600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Nardo has too much front downforce stock. Same with XJ220. On the other hand, I wish Pagani's would take a wing.

Nardo only has 15 max downforce on the front rear can go to 35. Can't install aftermarket wing. Same for the Cien and the ZZII. All 3 have very similar performance at 600PP around the oval. Haven't tested all three on the road course yet.

I think i'm able to race with my Audi le mans.

i give a try to the FORD GT (no stripe)05 of ACSR421 and 2 first laps i'm 1'27"110. i have the replay.
So i think it will be fair ,i compete with the le mans.

Ok??? Madame le boss CSLACR ??

This is my car for this shotout.

Road Course - Indy_1 by Milldrum, on Flickr

Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03 (Passionate Pink)

1261kg, 734BHP, 87kgfm/2600rpm

Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Rigidity Improvement
No ballast

Stage 3 engine tuning
Power limiter - 99%

Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter

Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: sports
Titanium racing exhaust

No turbo

Fully customisable transmission
Set max speed to 360km/h

Clutch: twin-plate
Flywheel: semi-racing
Fully customisable LSD
Front 11,12,19 rear 13,19,18
Torque distribution centre differential
50/50
Carbon propeller shaft

Fully customisable suspension
-20,-12
-0.17,-0.08

Brakes 5,7

Racing mediums

So this is my first attempt at tuning. These are the settings that I got the best feeling through my DS3 on these tracks. I was aiming for a Impreza type feel with a boat load more horsepower.

Please don't just say it's no good if it's no good. Help me learn how to tune. I need all the help I can get.

Last edited:
Just pointing out that my PSN for shootouts is GTP_smrtb0mb :)
Updated.
I think i'm able to race with my Audi le mans.

i give a try to the FORD GT (no stripe)05 of ACSR421 and 2 first laps i'm 1'27"110. i have the replay.
So i think it will be fair ,i compete with the le mans.

Ok??? Madame le boss CSLACR ??
As far as I can tell it has no significant advantage.

tunero2.jpg
tunero4s.jpg

tunero3.jpg

tunero1.jpg

tunero.jpg

tunnero2.jpg

Guess what I'm making. :)
Real life has 717HP, don't think I'll have that much though. She is the Goddess of cornering.

*pictures*
Guess what I'm making. :)
Real life has 717HP, don't think I'll have that much though. She is the Goddess of cornering.

Put it in the real replica tunes section of the forum for epic good :D

I'm gonna do a bit more work now on the Murc for the Road Course today. Spent most of tuning time on the speedway yesterday so planning on getting more Road Course time today. I did a little yesterday and got the Murc into 1:30.8 I think, slower than the stock Gallardo but still good. The problem is any tuning I do on the Road Course could affect me on the speedway...but at least I might get it more well-rounded. I was planning a new gearbox setting with shorter 1st and 2nd for extra acceleration punch and it's only about 4 hundredths off the old setup on speedway (though I hadn't oil changed it back then and it had lost power probably), but don't know how it could do on the Road Course.

Anybody crack the magical 5-0 on the oval yet?
Seems like a lot of cars are borderline, either can't handle good enough or not fast enough. :(

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07
redbullhangar7w.jpg

Tuned at Indy Road Course.
Full weight reduction
ECU Tuning
97.9% Power Limiter
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
No Wing or Chassis Rigidity

643HP - 1264KG - 600PP - RM Tires

Aero:
Suspension:
0/0
-10 / -20​
LSD:
14.5 / 14.5​
25 / 25
7/7​
5 / 45
5/5​
35 / 5
6/6​
Torque Distribution:
Camber/Toe:
35 / 65
2.4 / 1.5​
Brakes:
0.00 / 0.00​
7/1 - ABS:2
Transmission:
Top Speed 162
2700​

Notes:

Last edited:
Just did a 1:29.7 on Road Course in my Murc, so I'm ready there. Just need to try and see if I can get my time under 51 secs on the speedway and my tune is now fully ready. :D

Actually, scratch that. I did a 51.2 on speedway and to be honest I can't entirely see myself getting myself in under that time. So, the tune will be coming soon. Very soon. :D

Last edited:
600PP Caterham!!!:crazy:

Oh wait you said easy to control.:lol:

I was sorely tempted :mischievous:

Just did a 1:29.7 on Road Course in my Murc, so I'm ready there. Just need to try and see if I can get my time under 51 secs on the speedway and my tune is now fully ready. :D

Actually, scratch that. I did a 51.2 on speedway and to be honest I can't entirely see myself getting myself in under that time. So, the tune will be coming soon. Very soon. :D

We'll be going head-to-head then. I've got one last major test session tonight, and I suspect I'll probably publish tomorrow. This time round, I hope to be competitive with someone, rather than just being in my own little league..!!

{Cy}

Last edited:
@CLS I may be entering a 430 scud (no wing)

Is anyone else struggling to get green laps on the road course ? One misjudgement = punished.
On the oval I can get 50.4 , under 50 is unlikely.

Big Lambo is done! I'm not going to post it quite yet as I want to toy with the LFA and Nardo still but I'm fairly happy with where it sits. Maybe a tweak or two but for my first dive into this I think it is a good start. 👍

@CLS I may be entering a 430 scud (no wing)

Is anyone else struggling to get green laps on the road course ? One misjudgement = punished.
On the oval I can get 50.4 , under 50 is unlikely.
She's a little twitchy by nature, yes, sort of like a wild stallion.

Running laps on Indy Road reminds me of how terrible I actually am at this track. :lol: My 458 is fast but slippery, kind of fitting for a car that resembles a fish. Although I'm nowhere near anyone's laptimes because I'm so horrid at this track. :dopey:

Running laps on Indy Road reminds me of how terrible I actually am at this track. :lol: My 458 is fast but slippery, kind of fitting for a car that resembles a fish. Although I'm nowhere near anyone's laptimes because I'm so horrid at this track. :dopey:
Might I suggest the driving line for practice?
The main tricks at this track are the late apexs, including the fast corners.

Might I suggest the driving line for practice?
The main tricks at this track are the late apexs, including the fast corners.

Mhm. It's just a case of practice practice practice for me. At least my oval times aren't too shabby. 50.3 and I might be able to break into 49.9 if I keep at it.

I'm at the point where there's no more tuning to be done, only driving, so I'll have the car posted tomorrow. 👍

Edit: 49.9 for the oval and 1:29.2 for the road course. I could probably knock a second off the road course with better driving but that oval time is my limit. :ill:

Last edited:
I'm very interested in oval times, wondering how much time can be won or lost there and how it effects the overall results.

I have a new car..... No Germans this shootout , it's a banzai one... 1'27"600 on road. and the amazing 48"692 on ovalsquare..

i'll present and change my tune later.:):):)

I have a new car..... No Germans this shootout , it's a banzai one... 1'27"600 on road. and the amazing 48"692 on ovalsquare..

i'll present and change my tune later.:):):)
Hey back off my Caterham!:crazy::lol:

I should have known better than to give you that ZZII, it the Nardo and the Cien are all vicious. High top speeds and excellent cornering.

Hey back off my Caterham!:crazy::lol:

I should have known better than to give you that ZZII, it the Nardo and the Cien are all vicious. High top speeds and excellent cornering.

Yes my friend wallbanger, this is your ZZII you give me this afternoon stock without the maledeti chassis reinforcement. Thanks again. But it wasn't easy to find the solution. You will see, the stock setting are bad and i had to make some crazy things to obtain a good result.

Yes my friend wallbanger, this is your ZZII you give me this afternoon stock without the maledeti chassis reinforcement. Thanks again. But it wasn't easy to find the solution. You will see, the stock setting are bad and i had to make some crazy things to obtain a good result.
Maybe you should test drive the one I have on share currently.:) Still needs some fine tuning but very fast as is. Of course the car I'm currently testing just shaved a second of my best time at the oval with the ZZII and I'm still breaking it in so it only has 596PP currently and will be even faster once fully broken in and properly tuned for maximum advantage at 600PP.:D

Here is it , my new tune for the challenge. 600 pp Indy.

TOMMY KAIRA ZZII ’00 // OFFLINE TUNE, NOT TESTED ONLINE.

THE CAR IS ON SHARE ON praiano63

superspeedwayindyt.jpg

Weight reduction stage 3
Window weight reduction

Aerodynamics : Stock //Front 15 Rear 35
Ballast: 35 kg position + 50

Power limiter = 99,7%

Titanium racing exhaust

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT

Fully Custom Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select top speed at = 370 km/h = 230 mph
3- Select final gear at 4.176 (stock)
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2.639
2: 1.899
3: 1.434
4: 1.122
5: 0.907
6: 0.760

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 349 km/h = 217 mph

Tracks: Special 600 PP Road Car Shootout Indy

power 557 hp
weight 945 kg
perf. Points: 600 pp

Downforce 15/35

LSD Front 12/27/05
LSD Rear 08/22/09

Torque differential: 35/65

Ride Height -10/-25

Spring Rate 15.8/11.9
Extension 8/2
Compression 7/3
Anti-roll bars 1/4

Camber 2.2/2.0
Toe +0.15/-0.20 exactly what you see

Brake Balance 9/7

tires R2/R2

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I had something of a revelation in the first sector of the road course, made a couple more tweaks on the SV and I'm down to 50.5 and 88.6. Nardo is still faster stock around the speedway but will need about 4-5 seconds of help on the road course yet. Bob is still breaking in the LFA a bit more to hit the max for PP before I test again and probably rule it out. Does make some fine noise though. :sly:

Urg!!!! I'm running out of time:nervous:. I will only have a couple of hours tomorrow, none on Friday (racing for real at local track:tup:). Saturday not sure yet:indiff:. Two more cars to test and if I can't find time for them the testers are going to laugh there 🤬's off at my entry. Got to drive 600 miles in about 5 hours, then right back at it! Good night!:dopey:

Back