GTRA | World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) (On-Hold)

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 65 comments

When should Raceday be? :sly:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Thousand Oaks
GTP_Masicampo

World Touring Car Championship
Inaugural Season

WGTS.png

In liue of the new DLC Content and under the banner of WSGTC, i present to you World Touring Car Championship.
Raceday is still TBA. Timeslot also undecided from 19.00 BST to 21.00 BST. Rules and Regulations not final.

horse.gif
guns1.gif
storm.gif
drink.gif
awesome.gif

:gtpflag: ::: Sign-ups: TBA ::: :gtpflag:

::: NEWS BULLETIN :::

_________________________​

ChampCalen.png

Season 1 Calendar will be short at 5 races. Your lowest scoring race will be dropped.

TBA

CarSpecs.png

RaceNQualySpec.png

Tires: Racing Hard
Oil Change: Allowed
Engine Overhaul: Allowed
Chassis Restoration: Allowed
Modified/Aftermarket Parts: Banned
Tuning (Suspension, Aero, Trans, Brakes, LSD): Allowed

Race Distance: 100km-150km
Formation/Parade Lap: 1
Mandatory Pit Stop: 1
Damage: Light

ABS: Optional
Other assists: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mic/Headsets: Off​

Qualy.png

Performance Points Pre-Qualifying ChecK (After Round 1):

Procedure:
- Track will be reset to erase practice times
- Do not enter your car until your name and corresponding PP is called
- Once you have entered your car, do not drive off the Pits!
- Once everyone has been checked, a countdown timer will be set to 25 minutes​

20-minute Qualifying session prior to the green flag.

Procedure:
- Once PP check is done, i will announce the start of qualifying
- You are free to leave the Pits after the announcement
- Please observe track contact rules as best as you can
- If you leave and/or cut the track, abort the lap
- If you see a faster car coming, pull over to the opposite of the best line
- Slipstream does not work in free-run so avoid tailgating
- Once you are happy with your lap, do not exit out!
- Drive back into the pits and wait for the Qualifying session to be over
- Once the 20 minutes are up, i will announce the end of the session
- Everyone must DRIVE BACK into the pits, DO NOT EXIT OUT!
- Once everyone has been confirmed to be in the pits, the race will be started​

ParadeRollingStart.png

Once the race timer has reached zero, do not move! Hold your position. Follow the procedure as stated below.

Procedure:
- The pole sitter will proceed ahead and move while the rest follows slowly
- The pole sitter will set the pace at 45mph/70kph
- Avoid trying to warm up your tires to prevent incidents
- The pole sitter will dictate the start of the race
- The pole sitter must do so before the start finish line
- You must not go full throttle until the car ahead of you (on the opposite lane) goes
- No passing before the start finish line or you will be penalized​

Diagram of an ideal rolling pack at minimum distance:
F1Grid.png

PointsSystem-3.png

Points will only be awarded to the top 10 finishers.

WCGTCPointsSystem.png

WCGTCBonusPoints.png

Race Percentage Completion
Drivers must complete atleast 85% of the overall race lenght or he/shewill not earn a single championship point (bonus points are kept).​

Tie Breakers
  • Podiums
  • Finished Races
  • Bonus Points
  • Race Starts

SuccessBallast.png

Success Ballast Penalties are used to even out the competition and make the racing more exciting.
Penalties are carried over to Qualifying and will stay with you for the whole season.

WCGTCWeightBallast-1.png

WCGTCPowerBallast-1.png

Drivers must finish within 2 laps of the race winner or they will not be affected by the success ballasts.​

Prizes.png

Overall Champion
1 Year Premium Membership to GTPlanet
1 Car from NCD for up to 1,000,000 Cr​

2nd and 3rd Place Overall
1 Car from NCD for up to 750,000 Cr​

Sportsmanship Award (Highest Safety Rating Gain)
1 Car from NCD for up to 1,000,000 Cr​

All Rights Reserved - WSGTC|WV8SC|WCGTC 2011 ©

Header-clearbottom.png

Flahsbanner2.png

Last edited:
::::: CODE OF RACING CONDUCT :::::

Drafted by Masi_23 in collaboration with GTRA peers. All rights belong to the original author/s and its affiliates. In no case shall the following be copied with no prior permission from the original author/s. All rights reserved.

I. Gentleman's Rule
a. Any driver can use the entire width of the track (Same or Mixed Class racing).
b. If a driver is about to be lapped, seeing a fast approaching lead lap car from a distance, he must yield immediately by going off the optimal driving line.
c. Otherwise, if the lead lap car is just a few car lengths behind and is too close, the car being lapped must hold its line and allow the faster car to go through at the first available opening.
d. If for some reason a car about to be lapped has been caught up in traffic and is unable to hold it's line, he must do his best to allow the lead lap car to go past him at the most safe and opportune time.
e. In any case, a slower lapped car should not impede the progress of faster lead lap car in any way giving all track/corner rights to a lead lap car.
f. Any driver who ignores these rules will be subjected to penalties.​

II. Passing
a. Who has the right of way into a corner will depend on the positions of the cars.
b. If an overtaking car is fully alongside its competitor within or after the braking ZONE, the rights to the corner goes to the overtaking driver.
c. The car being overtaken must surrender the position and should not turn in to the other driver.
d. If an overtaking car is not fully alongside its competitor within or after the turn-in point, the rights belong to the driver ahead, and it is the obligation of the car attempting to overtake to give the other driver room and do everything possible to prevent an incident.
e. Furthermore, if an overtaking driver is alongside its competitor before the braking zone, the rights to the corner belongs to that overtaking driver.
f. The car being overtaken must surrender the position and hold its line coming in to the next corner.
g. Peripheral vision is limited in Sim Racing so it is advised that you maximize the available resources we have, such as mirrors, track maps, and audio cues like engine and exhaust notes, to prevent incidents.
h. Situational awareness is vital. Not seeing your opponent will not be a valid excuse if you are involved in an incident.​

III. Defensive Driving
a. Depending on the situation, any car can be overtaken from either side of the track. You can defend your position only 'once' by changing the position of your car in relation to the track.
b. Anything aggressive such as sudden movements (when the overtaking car is about to pass and is very close) are strictly forbidden.
c. Deliberately squeezing a car beyond the edge of the track or any other unusual change of direction are strictly forbidden.
d. Driving down a straight and placing your car off or opposite the driving line far in advance before the braking zone, forcing your opponent to take the outside line or a different line in general, is considered a reasonable strategy for defending your position.
e. This counts as 'one move' (III-a.). Any further movements will be deemed as illegal blocking.
f. Rule (e.) may differ (width and length) from each track in the calendar, notices will be posted prior to the race to accommodate unique variations from each venues.​

IV. Car Contact
a. Car contact will be strictly regulated to ensure a disciplined racing environment.
b. Any close or minimal contact with another car with small to no effect to the race outcome will be tolerated.
c. Any contact that causes any damage to another car/s is deemed illegal and will be subject to penalties.
d. Any car that gains a spot/s through contact with another car, must relinquish the said spot/s or he will be subjected to penalties.
e. Drafting must be conducted carefully. You cannot bump draft another car if you are about to enter the braking zone.
f. If by any case, an incident and or damage is caused by drafting, the drafting car (behind) will be deemed responsible at most cases.
g. A car ahead of drafting tandem/pack cannot be deemed responsible for any incident/damage if he commenced braking at a reasonable point inside the braking zone.
h. Reckless and overall aggressive driving will not be tolerated.​

V. Track Contact
a. Drivers must always keep 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times.
b. The edges of the track are marked with white lines and are considered to be a part of the track. Gray/Concrete cobbles are part of the tack.
c. The Rumble Strips are part of the track; however, all surfaces with green paint, either beside it or be the rumbles themselves, are not part of the track.
d. Do not hit any objects visible or invisible (eg. cones, barriers, walls, etc.)
e. In a situation where the driver goes off the track, and without prejudice to part (g) below, he may rejoin, only when it is safe and without gaining any advantage.
f. If a driver unintentionally or intentionally leaves the track and gains a spot, he must relinquish that spot or he will be penalized.
e. Drivers committing serious mistakes repeatedly or seem to have a problem with keeping the car on the track would be reported to the Stewards and could result in penalties.

At any given time during the season, drivers are expected to follow these rules. Any driver who deliberately appears to break any of these rules to gain advantage at any stage in the race or the season could be penalized by the Stewards.​

t1.jpg

::::: PENALTY SYSTEM :::::

Stewards have the power to impose various penalties on a driver if he commits an offence during a race. Offences include jumping the start, causing an avoidable accident, unfairly blocking another driver, impeding another driver when being lapped, or gaining an advantage by leaving the track. Penalties will vary depending on severity of offence. Stewards can impose time penalties, reprimand a driver, exclude him from the results, or suspend him from the next race.​

I. Offences
  • Breach of the required vehicle specs and 'Race Rules' (minimum DQ)
  • Breach of the 'Gentleman's Rule' (minimum 10 second penalty)
  • Breach of Track Contact Rules (minimum 10 second penalty)
  • False Start (Passing before start finish of Rolling Start) (minimum 10 second penalty)
  • Avoidable contact resulting to damage and/or lost time (minimum 25 second penalty)
  • Hindering drivers from overtaking by changing directions more than once (minimum 10 second penalty)
  • Illegal blocking/forcing cars off track (minimum 10 second penalty)
  • Not relinquishing gained position/s after going off track (minimum +25 second penalty)
  • Not relinquishing gained position/s after contact with another car (minimum +10 second penalty)
  • Rejoining track after an off without regards to oncoming traffic (minimum +10 second penalty)
  • Overall aggressive driving (minimum warning)
  • Breach of Probation (exclusion for the whole season)
Any of the above can add up together resulting to bigger timed penalties and/or Disqualification.​

II. Penalties
Specifics
  • +10 seconds to Total Time
  • +25 seconds to Total Time
  • +40 seconds to Total Time
  • +5 spots down the grid to next race
  • Exclusion from Results (DQ)
  • Suspension for 1 Race + Probation for whole season
  • Exclusion from the whole season
Breach of Racing Code - IV. Track Contact
Three Strike System
Strike 1: Warning
Strike 2: +10 seconds
Strike 3: +25 seconds (May depend after Steward deliberation)
Further track contact violations will result to bigger timed penalties and/or Disqualification.​

III. Reporting an Incident
Issues must be first kept privately between the parties involved (through the PM system). If the said parties do not come to a mutual agreement, the issue must be escalated and reported to the Stewards within 24 hours after the race, otherwise, penalties will not be given out or considered unless it is noted by the Steward. If you are involved, it is your responsibility to inform the Stewards of your side of the story within the 24 hours. However, not sending a report does not mean you will not be subjected to penalties. Stewards can observe replays and can apply penalties as seen fit without the notice of the parties involved. Furthermore, if a Steward/s is/are involved in an incident, he/she will be excluded temporarily from the Stewards Committee.

Please disclose important information about incidents along with your report.
  • Lap/Time when incident occurred
  • How long did incident occur (approx.)
  • How many were involved
  • Who was/were involved

Deliberation Process
  • An incident is reported and/or noted by Drivers/Stewards
  • Stewards will contact driver/s in potential fault
  • After hearing both parties, Stewards will review the replay and give suitable penalties.

Enforcing Penalties
Penalties will be strictly enforced. They can neither be appealed nor reversed.​

All Rights Reserved - WSGTC|WV8SC|WCGTC 2011 ©

Header-clearbottom.png

Flahsbanner2.png

Last edited:
Acura NSX RM ‘91
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM ‘10
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM ‘06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM ‘09
Lexus IS F RM ‘07
Lotus Elise RM ‘96
Lotus Elise 111R RM ‘04
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM ‘05
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM ‘02
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM ‘05
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM ‘00

Last edited:
DLC Touring Cars to be used along with other RM cars in the game.

Stay Tuned.

I am determined to be in every series you make :sly: Shame it will mostly be Japanese cars with the odd American/European car, but PD's love of Skylines is just something we all have to live with :sly:

I don't think Kaz has a 'love of skylines' that are beyond anything else. He rated the Ford GT better actually. The thing is, Nissan pay a good amount to be represented in the game. So taking that into mind, its obvious there'll be a lot of those. Nissan do the GT academy. Nissan did the N24 with Kaz. Nissan have GT as a main sponsorship on their LMP2. It's all logical.

Besides all that. I'd like to join this series. But we'll have to wait and see what the power and specs are for these new 'Touring cars'. I am keen on that R33 and the RX7.

to all - 👍

Hey, Nep, i've had this up since early September - just didn't have time to test all the RM cars... then DLC came, so i thought it was time to revive :)

Last edited:
Need Testers!!!

Cars in consideration:
Acura NSX RM ‘91
Lexus IS F RM ‘07
Lotus Elise RM ‘96
Lotus Elise 111R RM ‘04

DLC:
Challenger SRT8
Mazda Roadster
Honda CRZ
Mazda Roadster
Mazda RX7
Lancer Evolution X
Impreza
R32
R33
R34
R35
Prius​

Last edited:
Need Testers!!!

Cars in consideration:
[indent]Acura NSX RM ‘91
Lexus IS F RM ‘07

Lotus Elise RM ‘96
Lotus Elise 111R RM ‘04

DLC:
Challenger SRT8
Mazda Roadster
Honda CRZ
Mazda Roadster
Mazda RX7
Lancer Evolution X
Impreza
R32
R33
R34
R35

Prius[/indent]

My suggestions for cars. Also, 9:00 BST would be good for me.

I voted Sunday night, don't know if I can do early afternoon Saturday's, but either way I'll do what I can.
Wardez's Z06 RM series will be wrapping up just in time to clear some time for this. 👍

Careful with the smileys Masi, they can apparently count as sexual content, no matter how ridiculous they look. ;)

I'm interested in this, my preferred running time is weekends in the evening (not Friday). What power and weight are we going to use? Hopefully not too powerful and lightweight?
I'd probably jump in the Impreza, NSX or the Roadster but I'd be happy driving anything that isn't being used already.

May I ask why rolling starts are used? What's wrong with a grid start?

@ Everyone - fellas disregard the Poll! This thread was originally made almost 2 months back when i had a diff sched. Sunday night would mean no Euro competitors :( I'll make a new thread with a new poll.

@ CSL - Who gets aroused by tiny smileys? lol Thanks for the warning ;)

@ Ardius - HP will probably range around 300-350 depending on the car, so some cars will be detuned to equalize the field. A rolling start is going to be used as some cars have advantages with standing starts because of different drivetrains.

@ Ardius - HP will probably range around 300-350 depending on the car, so some cars will be detuned to equalize the field. A rolling start is going to be used as some cars have advantages with standing starts because of different drivetrains.

Why not mandate specific 1st gear ratios?

I just hate the complication of rolling starts, there is some skill involved with getting your start right off the grid right..whereas rolling starts are fairly restrictive and especially here where we are having to organise it ourselves, likely to suffer from mistakes.
Not that it changes my interest in participation. I just wondered why pretty much every thread in this forum mandates rolling starts - it makes sense I guess for Le Mans races as its more "realistic" but here with Touring Cars, standing starts are the norm in real life.

I will happily take part in rolling starts though, just I prefer standing starts.

Why not mandate specific 1st gear ratios?

I just hate the complication of rolling starts, there is some skill involved with getting your start right off the grid right..whereas rolling starts are fairly restrictive and especially here where we are having to organise it ourselves, likely to suffer from mistakes.
Not that it changes my interest in participation. I just wondered why pretty much every thread in this forum mandates rolling starts - it makes sense I guess for Le Mans races as its more "realistic" but here with Touring Cars, standing starts are the norm in real life.

I will happily take part in rolling starts though, just I prefer standing starts.
Mandating first gear ratios? :odd:

I'm interested about this. I can easily see this holding me over during the WSGTC Off season. Any day is fine with me, my schedule is rather flexible. I myself rather enjoyed the rolling starts we did in the main series. Still, grid starts can be exciting too. You just have to make sure you're not suddenly up someone's tailpipe with heavy damage on or your race is suddenly over and you're better off parking it. While in a way the same could be said for Rolling starts, the side to side alternating lane formation we used tended to prevent that as long as someone wasn't pretending to live their real life racing fantasies by rocking side to side to clean/warm the tires...

Mandating first gear ratios? :odd:

Yes, why not? That completely takes away the advantage whichever cars have on race starts. Its what they did in reality with the FR cars in the BTCC, as the BMWs in that series used to get ridiculously good starts. (they recently let them re-use any 1st gear though as now the BMWs and rear-wheel drive cars are not competitive enough that their race starts are any kind of advantage).

Its more time and effort researching and testing what gear ratios can and can't be used, but its certainly a plausible proposition.

Anyway, its only a suggestion, I'm happy enough with rolling starts.

We could do that, but the thing is the GTR's might be AWD still, even if it's 10/90, they still have better offline traction.

IDK, seems like a LOT of legwork between implementing, verifying every race, all just to avoid a rolling start.

I don't think the payoff is worth the work.

IDK, seems like a LOT of legwork between implementing, verifying every race, all just to avoid a rolling start.

I don't think the payoff is worth the work.

There's no way to regulate gear ratios so we're not doing it.

There's no way to regulate gear ratios so we're not doing it.

Well a "maximum speed for first gear" could be enforced through replay verification, but as I said, a LOT of work for a small payoff.

I think any advantage the AWD cars would have should dissapear with tire wear, or they could always carry extra ballast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back