Photo Finish Racing - 2.10 How-To Updates/Amendments

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 550 comments
That would be the stealth model, which I have, but can't be shared or traded.
It has racing car downforce though, the version I'll be building will be more of a high-speed cruiser type. (can't get real downforce anyway :( )

I'll assume it can't be RM'd either. The exhaust note on it was hypnotic. The more I heard it, the more I wanted to drive it. I'm still 1-2 seconds off Gold on the sections and about 4-5 off on full course, but I am still learning Nur. Couple more weeks should do it. By then I'll need to start grinding again anyway to continue my collection.

I'm sure you'll do a bang up job despite the restrictions. Can't wait to try it out on other tracks and against stiffer competition than the blocking dummies on the full course Special.

No, undoubtedly I must use default tires, tuned on lower tires makes for better driving on grippier tires, but not the other way round. ;)

Yeah, I got to #1 in the first couple hours, quite fun. :D (keep in mind it's NTSC region :lol: )
I'm sure if I haggle I can get somewhere into the 15's, but that's far to much like work for me anymore. :yuck:
If/when GT Academy comes back, then yessir.

Yesterday night i did 1'17" low, i was 347 place, with the ghost of the first position at 1'14" something. It was never so far in front of me, but always at the first right corner after the 4 first left corners, i think the name is "chicago corner", the guy was flyng away , with an early traction and a good direction to the next turn. I think he use some hand brake or something, i can`t do this with G27, i have to look for the button out of the wheel for this.
I've tried to use weight displacement balancing the rear one side to the other ,to look if i sweept heading earlier to the right direction but nothing so good hapen.
Do you have any trick for this madame???? thanks for share your secrets. Have a good day.

Yesterday night i did 1'17" low, i was 347 place, with the ghost of the first position at 1'14" something. It was never so far in front of me, but always at the first right corner after the 4 first left corners, i think the name is "chicago corner", the guy was flyng away , with an early traction and a good direction to the next turn. I think he use some hand brake or something, i can`t do this with G27, i have to look for the button out of the wheel for this.
I've tried to use weight displacement balancing the rear one side to the other ,to look if i sweept heading earlier to the right direction but nothing so good hapen.
Do you have any trick for this madame???? thanks for share your secrets. Have a good day.
A good downshift to first for Chicago and Hammerhead will take you a long way,, a little steering aggression to bring the rear out slightly, incredibly hard to get right though. :crazy:

I feel I could get 1:15.5 or so with more practice, but just so frustrating with the invisible boundaries and red timer mandating restarts constantly.:yuck:

Good luck out there buddy. :cheers:

TVR Tamora '02
tvrtamora.jpg

Tuned Online.

506HP - 896KG - 561PP - SH Tires
Fully Loaded - No Wing, No Chassis Reinforcement.

Aero:
Suspension:
0 / 0
-3 / 4​
Gears:
8.0 / 8.0​
3/4​
Top Speed to 137
5/5​
5/6​
Camber/Toe:
2.0 / 2.0​
+0.05 / +0.20​
Brakes:
Final: 2500
BB: 5/5

ABS: 1​
LSD:

8 / 13 / 7

Notes: Swordfish, anyone? ;)

Use your imagination! :dopey:

Fine, whatever. :) Conquered all the sections at Nur in the SLS Stealth. Still 6 seconds off the full course though. Tires definitely go away in that last section. Still great fun though.

Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00
Will get picture when less lazy.

Tuned @ Nurburgring.

625HP - 1000KG - 648PP - RS Tires
Fully Loaded, no chassis reinforcement.

Aero:
Suspension:
50 / 70
-5 / -5​
Gears:
14.9 / 12.2​
4/3​
Top Speed to 155
5/4​
6/5​
Camber/Toe:
2.3 / 1.5​
+0.05 / +0.10​
Brakes:
BB: 7/6​
LSD:

8/8/7

Notes:

Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00...

Sweet! Doctor's appointment with my son this morning, so I won't get to this until nap time this afternoon, but looking forward to it. I'll let you how it does round Nur for me. What was your best time when tuning? Also, I was very disappointed that there was no cutesy movie reference or the like in the comments section. You have to work on that. ;)

Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00

Camber/Toe:
2.3 / 1.5​
+0.05 / +0.10​
Brakes:
BB: 7/6​
LSD:

8/8/7[/SIZE][/FONT]

Notes:

Hi madame, i have to test your tune, i'm curious to know how a very low LSD value work with yours settings and why. Coming from you i imagine that it must have a very good reason.
Have a good day.

Hi madame, i have to test your tune, i'm curious to know how a very low LSD value work with yours settings and why. Coming from you i imagine that it must have a very good reason.
Have a good day.
In this case basically wheelspin isn't an issue, so it just lets the car rotate freely and slide progressively, at least imo.
Hope you enjoy it 👍 plan to run some seasonals tonight in your Enzo. :)

Just wanted to stop by and give some props to CSLACR. I have the pleasure of racing with him and seeing his performance. He is fast. If his tunes are part of his arsenal then I would say he knows what's going on.

Sweet! Doctor's appointment with my son this morning, so I won't get to this until nap time this afternoon, but looking forward to it. I'll let you how it does round Nur for me. What was your best time when tuning? Also, I was very disappointed that there was no cutesy movie reference or the like in the comments section. You have to work on that. ;)

This will teach me to read more carefully. CLK NOT SLS. :(

I'll keep an eye out in the UCD, I have the 22b, though there's lots of tune for it already, any specific 90's Impreza?

I dont mind which one, i have them all, but i dont want the 22B or the sport wagon, i have tunes for them already. Also, could u do it with no spoiler, hate how it looks, thanks.

Last edited:
Just for anyone waiting for a tune, just to let you know, you're not forgotten, I have a few to release here soon, been slacking a bit, should have some up very soon though. 👍

Sent you a present today. Just can't resist that smile I guess.

Hopefully it is an awesome piece of history and not an awesome piece of ....!

Hi CSLACR, had a quick look at your OP and I don't see that Monster Focus RS you had on share during Wallbanger's FF Shootout. Do you still have it somewhere..?? I wouldn't mind grabbing it off of you and I suspect it would be welcomed in the below thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6074450#post6074450

Thank you kindly Sir...

{Cy}
I actually don't remember, but I think that was before my game save delete.
I will check though, planning on getting back into this, just need some spare time.:ouch:

Nissan GTR SuperGT Online Racing Tune - Stable
supergt-sun-007.jpg

Install Chassis Rigidity.

Suspension:
+9/+10
14.8/14.8
6 / 7
7 / 6
5 / 5

Camber/Toe:
2.0 / 1.0
0.00 / +0.05

LSD:
8 / 18 / 20

BB: 4/4
ABS: 1

Last edited:
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
tvrcerbera.jpg

Tuned @ Nurburgring for British Seasonal

455HP - 961KG - 549PP - SS Tires

Aero:
Suspension:
0 / 10
-5 / 0​
Gears:
5.6 / 6.1​
5/5​
Top Speed 149
4/4​
2/2​
Camber/Toe:
1.5 / 0.9​
0.00 / 0.20​
Brakes:
Final: 2.700
BB: 6/6​
LSD:
ABS:1​
5/17/5

Notes: Full weight reduction, I recommend trying different parts as higher power can probably be obtained, as I originally planned 1130KG weight, only to find excellence in lower weight, but had already installed Engine Stage 2. Mileage cost me a HP through my driving (unlucky) despite engine rebuild, which is why she has 549PP :(. Wonderful drive through Germany though, and a Nurburgring tune always has to work on other tracks, also tested Tsukuba.
Some eerily close settings to the Enzo, despite drastic differences.

ty very much , i just buyed 'cause i adore her big sister speed 12 .. i am gonna to try immediatly :-)
is it true that it's better to give a chassis regeneration when buying a used cars ?

great job CSL, finally a Cerbera that curves like a real car .. only weak point the brakes .. but now you can not dispense, i am waiting for a setup of her big sister , the speed 12 .. for online race, please :-)

ty very much , i just buyed 'cause i adore her big sister speed 12 .. i am gonna to try immediatly :-)
is it true that it's better to give a chassis regeneration when buying a used cars ?

great job CSL, finally a Cerbera that curves like a real car .. only weak point the brakes .. but now you can not dispense, i am waiting for a setup of her big sister , the speed 12 .. for online race, please :-)
Thanks, glad you liked it.👍
I really have no idea if I installed chassis rigidity on this one or not tbh.:( I definitely did chassis restore in GTAuto though.

Hello CSLACR , i just buyed a Toyota RSC Rally Raid , and i dont have the minimum idea of what or where start setting , except starting driving it ... i would really appreciate your set up for this car , or , if you dont set rally car , some suggestion for trying by myself .. i will not use this car in rally for the moment , but for monza challenge .. if you dont have the car , i will send you mine
Thank you very much , have a good day

Just read through the first page, very good read. You definitely know what you are talking about. 👍 Maybe you could do a section on rally tuning, would love to get some insight on this.

Back