Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
Awesome video Xenn. Can we have the soundtrack list please?

Sure:

1. Grip: Ridge Racer Revolution
2. Radiance: Ridge Racer 6
3. Floodlight: Ridge Racer 6
4. Sega Dance - Club Paris: Metropolis Street Racer
5. Sega Dance - Overdrive: Metropolis Street Racer
6. Speed Soldier: Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
7. Evolution: Ridge Racer 64

That's a sweet video you put together Xenn! 👍 You must have taken a lot of time and pride of researching all of this information that probably nobody else has thought to search deep in the game to find all of this unknown data.

Thanks Xenn for the list! Is it possible to use car and track files from other versions of GT2?

Here, have some unused maps.

test_cb.png
Test CB

test_hs1.png
Test HS1

test_j1.png
Test J1

test_ko.png
Test KO

test_w2.png
Test W2

From the looks of it, a lot of these look like license test tracks, but I don't recall the layouts of them anywhere in the game, earlier tracks maybe?

IMHO CB is for J-Turn or that Legacy braking test

HS1 is for Eau Rouge test

J1 or KO is visible in some video on youtube, maybe yours, its a licence track from B or A licence (very easy) with one corner

but whats the W2 i dont know..but the map looks interesting

Xenn and others i beg you to continue digging up the GT2 or GT2 demo, please!

That 30 minutes video is awesome, i tried to download it to have archived version when something happen to youtube, but only this video makes an error when i try to.

Super speedway 2 looks pretty unfinished, kind of style of Ridge Racers thought. (its a tri-oval or just oval? i dunno)

Last edited:
Found some images on a Gamespot site

gt2_screen292.jpg

Looks like some kind of early build of one of the Tahiti courses. But it's at night, weird. It also looks like SSR11 was meant to be in

gt2_screen261.jpg

gt2_screen262.jpg

gt2_screen259.jpg

gt2_screen257.jpg

Right, okay, i've now come to a conclusion. I can confirm these cars do exist....but doesn't at the same time.

AL.png

They have a placeholder car as their model, which is the Altezza (Racing mod for racing cars). So either they were going to be made, or were there for fillers. I don't know for certain.

So that should be it for them. Dissapointing, I know :ouch:

Last edited:
Can you provide direct links to the images below the pics? Because they're so freakin small on my cell phone.

I don't think it is "Placeholder title". It means "Something is not ready" so I believe that PD inteded on it being in there but didn't finsh it.

It seems that it was going to be in the game but PD didn't finish it. Is this on the full GT2 or the demo?

this is simply one of the best things on the internet. it should be put in some type of capsule for future generations to enjoy...

It seems that it was going to be in the game but PD didn't finish it. Is this on the full GT2 or the demo?

This is in demo, yes. Seems to be in a later demo, as there's no trace of such cars in an earlier demo i've just recently obtained.

Possible soundtrack names in the demo?

text in the demo
No body more than loving
Moon over the castle
Like the wind
License jazz
Green monster
Freedom to win

Nice find, Benzoboy, with the night time-looking Tahiti track and stuff. This thread will never die Lol.

Back